Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris/Kurt requests and recommendations

+27
TimF
ColdFlame96
coxfire
ChrisColferFan1
MoviesAreLife
bayth
Piciollina
arina
Adamina
Glorfindel
ladydianab
Divalicious
fireangel
Emile
valkeakuulas
BlueJazz
E-ko
ColferInspired
Kurt Hummel
ColferGirl
brisallie
tanita_mors
Delight
fantastica
Jellyrolls
Shinra17
sjonnepon
31 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Chris/Kurt requests and recommendations - Page 3 Empty Re: Chris/Kurt requests and recommendations

Post  Delight 6/2/2012, 2:08 pm

Thanks BlueJazz, for the fic recs. I'll check them out when I can. I recognize a few on the list.

However, they appear to be more of the drama and romance genre. What I was more hoping to get are recs for funny Glee fics. I want to read something that would make me laugh and cheer up a bit.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris/Kurt requests and recommendations - Page 3 Empty Re: Chris/Kurt requests and recommendations

Post  BlueJazz 6/2/2012, 2:55 pm

^ Oh, I rarely read funny and cracky fics because I prefer drama and angst. Plus, I find some funny ones tend to be over-the-top and make some characters seem OOC so I didn't read much funny ones. Sorry that I can't rec you some good funny fics.

I think both "born this way" and "sugarplum priorities" are quite heartwarming with almost no drama/angst neutre You might enjoy them.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/7/2012, 5:44 pm

BlueJazz wrote:Kurt/Sebastian

6) A change in the weather by cacophonylights (at LJ, you can google it)

Summary: The summer before college Kurt is shocked when Sebastian comes to him with a timely offer he can’t refuse. He’ll get something he needs to realize his dreams, but in return he has to play the role of Sebastian’s boyfriend for the summer. Neither of them know just how much their worlds are about to change.

I can't post the link here because it'll be NC-17 eventually. It's updated till chapter 20 and I think it's only halfway through because the whole story will be SUPER LONG. But, both the writing and idea of this fic is just FANTASTIC and I have to admit that I'm a bit hooked to it Embarassed
You know, I'm not really into all this fanfictions thing - yeh well, I don't like when in them there are stuff that are not really IC, some writers suck, english is difficult but in italian I could never read them because it would be strange and all - but I devoured this fic! Shocked
Really like it so far.

Did you read the last chapter?
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/8/2012, 9:58 am

Emile wrote:

Thanks for letting me know that there's an update.

If you like 'A Change In The Weather', I suggest that you also give 'As Your Shadow Crosses Mine' by angelofcaffeine a try. It's another well-written multi-chapter Kurt/Sebastian fic that showed a realistic development of their relationship with plenty of humour, drama and misunderstanding angst.

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/8/2012, 10:41 am

Emile wrote:
You know, I'm not really into all this fanfictions thing - yeh well, I don't like when in them there are stuff that are not really IC, some writers suck, english is difficult but in italian I could never read them because it would be strange and all - but I devoured this fic! Shocked
Really like it so far.

Wow, glad to hear that you like it Smile It's probably the best Kurtbastian fic I've ever read and you really have good taste fanny2 Yup, I 've read all the chapters that are updated. I think I really like Chapter 20 because there're so many dramas and unexpected stuff in it. wub I hope Kurt will recover from the fiasco soon neutre

About the OOC (out of character) thing that's very common in fanfics, I think I'm ok with almost every characters (except Kurt) to be OOC if the fic is great. If it's really good, I can tolerate some OOC traits (like him hiding his true self to be popular etc) in Kurt. I've read some Kurtbastian fics which received many reviews (like Kitten and Coyote on FF.net )but give up after a few chapters because Kurt's behavior is too OOC in those fics and I felt weird reading them.

In short, I think it still depends on the my feelings toward the story. If it makes me feel weird and I found that it's unenjoyable, I'll probably quit it.

Do you read other fanfics besides "A change in the weather" ?

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/8/2012, 10:47 am

Delight wrote:

If you like 'A Change In The Weather', I suggest that you also give 'As Your Shadow Crosses Mine' by angelofcaffeine a try. It's another well-written multi-chapter Kurt/Sebastian fic that showed a realistic development of their relationship with plenty of humour, drama and misunderstanding angst.

Yup, I've heard and read that neutre However, I don't think I really like it because Kurt (in the story) seems to be a little too pathetic for me and I think there're too many original characters in it :( (I tend to avoid fics with too many OCs because it makes me confused) I like the development of his relationship with Seb, though neutre

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/8/2012, 11:45 am

BlueJazz wrote:
Delight wrote:

Yup, I've heard and read that neutre However, I don't think I really like it because Kurt (in the story) seems to be a little too pathetic for me and I think there're too many original characters in it :( (I tend to avoid fics with too many OCs because it makes me confused) I like the development of his relationship with Seb, though neutre

The same author wrote a series of Glee/Supernatural crossover fics that showcased a badass!Kurt in all his glory, if you're interested Wink (The romantic pairing in that series of fics is Puck/Kurt though)
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/8/2012, 12:03 pm

BlueJazz wrote:
Emile wrote:
Really like it so far.

Wow, glad to hear that you like it Smile It's probably the best Kurtbastian fic I've ever read and you really have good taste fanny2 Yup, I 've read all the chapters that are updated. I think I really like Chapter 20 because there're so many dramas and unexpected stuff in it. wub I hope Kurt will recover from the fiasco soon neutre

About the OOC (out of character) thing that's very common in fanfics, I think I'm ok with almost every characters (except Kurt) to be OOC if the fic is great. If it's really good, I can tolerate some OOC traits (like him hiding his true self to be popular etc) in Kurt. I've read some Kurtbastian fics which received many reviews (like Kitten and Coyote on FF.net )but give up after a few chapters because Kurt's behavior is too OOC in those fics and I felt weird reading them.

In short, I think it still depends on the my feelings toward the story. If it makes me feel weird and I found that it's unenjoyable, I'll probably quit it.

Do you read other fanfics besides "A change in the weather" ?
Nope, I don't really read any other Glee-fanfictions because I don't care very much about other characters but Kurt/Kurt's stories, and in most of them he's paried with Blaine...and I hate Blaine even in a well written fic. arghh
Maybe I give a shot to the one Delight talked about, 'As Your Shadow Crosses Mine', and see.

About the OOC, I don't know, I like crossover and fanfictions setted years later or in other places/dimensions (well, haha), but I like the character to act according to his personality. Like you said it's strange. Boh.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/8/2012, 12:16 pm

^ Thanks for the rec, delight neutre However, I haven't read Kurt/Purt fics because the pairing is weird and I don't really like Puck even though Mark is not bad (I'm ok with kurt/sam, though tonguue ), so I'm not sure if it's my cup of tea. Are those fics good? Can you describe them a little more?

Besides, Do you have any Hunger games style fics or great kurt/sam fics to rec?

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/8/2012, 12:21 pm

BlueJazz wrote:

Same here. I've checked out a few popular Glee fics where Kurt behaves nowhere like himself. It kinda defeats the purpose of a fanfic if you write the characters without their original personalities. Might as well create OCs and publish it as original fiction.

Emile wrote:Nope, I don't really read any other Glee-fanfictions because I don't care very much about other characters but Kurt/Kurt's stories, and in most of them he's paried with Blaine...and I hate Blaine even in a well written fic. arghh

The thing is, more often than not, the writers needed to inject a personality into Blaine and the popular method is usually by giving him loads of Blangst.

Other times, Klaine fics are just too fluffy for my tastes. It's hard to write palpable sexual tension between these two characters without at least one party (Kurt or Blaine) being OOC. Because, you know, canon Kurt and Blaine behave like an old married couple, with the rare unscheduled make out session.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/8/2012, 12:42 pm

BlueJazz wrote:^ Thanks for the rec, delight neutre However, I haven't read Kurt/Purt fics because the pairing is weird and I don't really like Puck even though Mark is not bad (I'm ok with kurt/sam, though tonguue ), so I'm not sure if it's my cup of tea. Are those fics good? Can you describe them a little more?

It's a series of story arcs, each one quite self-contained (usually made up of 3 long chapters each) but they all form part of a longer story (called the Counterclockwise verse). Now, I don't know much about Supernatural, but I think the basic idea is the same, which is Kurt and Finn, being step-brothers, work as hunters of murderous creatures like vampires, demons or, worse still, humans. Horrible, horrible humans. Some of the stories are actually quite frightening to read, to be honest. However, because Kurt is prone to letting his emotions cloud his judgment when he works with Finn, they've split up; so Kurt works with the girls (Rachel, Mercedes and Quinn); and Finn works with Puck. The team members mix and match at times according to the story and the foes they have to face. There's loads of drama in the story, and I actually find the Kurt and Rachel friendship to be quite moving. The romance between the various characters is there, but is hardly the focus.

BlueJazz wrote:Besides, Do you have any Hunger games style fics or great kurt/sam fics to rec?

I only know of one Glee/Hunger games crossover fic -- 'Your Heart Outside Your Body' by mutantwrites. I couldn't even finish reading the fic because I foolishly skimmed the ending and the utter depressing-ness of it put me off reading the whole thing ooppss

To be honest, I haven't yet come across a decent Kurt/Sam fic that I'm able to recommend.

(Oh, and if you're even the least bit curious about delving into Puck/Kurt, try out 'Cause You've Got An Awfully Long Way To Go' which had been posted somewhere earlier in this thread)
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 6/8/2012, 1:49 pm

Delight wrote:
BlueJazz wrote:Besides, Do you have any Hunger games style fics or great kurt/sam fics to rec?

I only know of one Glee/Hunger games crossover fic -- 'Your Heart Outside Your Body' by mutantwrites. I couldn't even finish reading the fic because I foolishly skimmed the ending and the utter depressing-ness of it put me off reading the whole thing ooppss

I've read the entirety of Your Heart Outside Your Body, and I really loved it, though it made me cry really bad. It's the best Hunger Games/Glee crossover fic I know of, at least for Kurtsies. The ending really is depressing, but the fic has a really neat way of tying its story into Hunger Games canon in the true trilogy, and I thought that was awesome. But if you love Kurt and Finn, and their relationship as brothers, you'll love that fic despite how depressing it is (Furt is my weakness, I love any and all Furt fics wub ). But brace yourself, it's really painful and sad.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/8/2012, 3:18 pm

You know, I used to read lots of angsty fic because i found them irresistible, I've read fics where Kurt was tortured/raped by sadists and even some where he died due to sickness. However, I've stopped reading those for some time maybe because of hormonal change or I don't feel like "torturing" my heart with those fics anymore. tonguue

Soo, I'm a bit tempted to read "Your Heart Outside Your Body" after the rec but I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do. Sigh...I might check it out later. Before that, I have some questions regarding the fic:

1) Does Hunger Games/Glee crossover fic means it includes characters from Hunger Games as well? I haven't watched the movie nor read the book so I'm not familiar with the characters. All I know is that there's a pretty tough and admirable heroine Razz

2) Does Kurt have any love interest in it?

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/8/2012, 3:19 pm

Delight wrote:
To be honest, I haven't yet come across a decent Kurt/Sam fic that I'm able to recommend.

Oh, that's sad :( I hope we'll get some good Kurt/Sam fic recs here.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 6/8/2012, 4:51 pm

BlueJazz wrote:
1) Does Hunger Games/Glee crossover fic means it includes characters from Hunger Games as well? I haven't watched the movie nor read the book so I'm not familiar with the characters. All I know is that there's a pretty tough and admirable heroine Razz

2) Does Kurt have any love interest in it?

1 - From what I remember it does include at least 1 character from Hunger Games canon, but it's more like a cameo at the end of the story and which ties it to HG canon, but you definitely don't need to have great knowledge of the HG characters to understand the story. It takes place quite a few years before Katniss's time, it's like an imaginary prequel in that sense.

2 - very briefly, there is some Klaine. But when I say brief, I mean, really really brief for certain uh....reasons. But it's definitely more of a Furt story than anything else, I think.

I definitely recommend giving it a try though. neutre

Also, Blue Jazz, I love your new avatar of Daenerys. wub
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/8/2012, 5:30 pm

^ Aww, another Kurtsie who watches Game of Thrones wub

So, the fic has an extremely sad ending and also brief Klaine? Wow, must be very depressing :( I'm not as fond of Furt as you (I don't hate Furt but just never really love it) so I think maybe I'll pass unless there's something else good about it tonguue
Sorry Embarassed Any other good HG style Kurt fanfic?

BTW, Is there any Games of Thrones style fic available online? Oh, my, i think I sound quite ridiculous right now Embarassed

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 6/8/2012, 6:55 pm

BlueJazz wrote:^ Aww, another Kurtsie who watches Game of Thrones wub

So, the fic has an extremely sad ending and also brief Klaine? Wow, must be very depressing :( I'm not as fond of Furt as you (I don't hate Furt but just never really love it) so I think maybe I'll pass unless there's something else good about it tonguue
Sorry Embarassed Any other good HG style Kurt fanfic?

BTW, Is there any Games of Thrones style fic available online? Oh, my, i think I sound quite ridiculous right now Embarassed

Game of Thrones is amazing. wub I'm so sad season 2 is already over, I need to go read the books.

As for the HG fic, I can say it's very well-written and is a great tribute to the HG books and echoes it splendidly with how it sets up the plot and the games. Decent action in it. And - spoiler for the fic but may entice many on this forum tonguue -
Spoiler:
. But it really is a Furt fic at its core, at least it felt like it to me since it revolves around those two, so, if you're not so fond of them then it may be better to pass it up.

That's the best HG fic I know of, though, the rest are just poorly-veiled romance fics in one vein or the other. :( Maybe someone else has read a good one.

As for GoT-like Glee fic, there's "The One About Dragons" by narceus (I think that's what it's called), which I know others like but I personally don't because it's basically full of heaping loads of woobie!Blaine and Blaine angst and I'm allergic to Blaine angsting so it drives me nuts. ooppss But if you can stand that, you may like it since it's supposed to be a GoT-esque tribute AU, and it's set up as Kurt taking on a Drogo-like role with Blaine in a Daenerys-role, plot-wise (it's loosely based on Daenerys's season 1 plot, and all that entails with Kurt like Drogo and Blaine like Daenerys, if you know what I mean...personally, I think Kurt should have been Daenerys because Kurt + badassery + dragons would have equaled perfection tonguue ).

If you just want fantasy-esque and Kurt-centric AU fics, I'd recommend Rainjoy's mageverse, which starts with "In the Dark", then continues onto the sequel "Close Your Eyes", the threequel "And See Further", and she's now written a 4th and soon to be a 5th part to this series. In it, Kurt and the rest of New Directions are all mages with different specializations of magic (Kurt is a healer, Santana is a pyromage, Rachel is a prophetic seer, Tina and Mike are hydromages, etc.) and they're called to the north to vanquish a demon that has been terrorizing the northern lands (and eventually, other adventures beyond that, leading to a war between the mages and humans). It's really good, with detailed world-building and great plotting and pacing, really entertaining.

Rainjoy is my absolute favorite writer in Glee fandom, she's fantastic, she has a lovely writing style, excellent characterizations, and many types of stories to choose from. She's also a devoted Kurtsie so all of her fics feature Kurt in a significant way. But - she writes only Klaine, all of her stories are very Klaine-heavy, so, your tolerance level of Blaine will partly determine your liking of her stories. But I can vouch that I actually like the Blaine that she writes, he's the only Blaine I do like, so I still really love them. (Most of her stories are rated R though so I can't link them here.)

aaaand I'll stop embarrasing myself by fangirling over Rainjoy now. blushh
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 6/10/2012, 5:14 am

BlueJazz wrote:
Delight wrote:

Oh, that's sad :( I hope we'll get some good Kurt/Sam fic recs here.

I read a Kurt/Sam fic just now that is absolutely wonderful, adorable, and perfect, and the moment I finished it I thought of you asking for recs here and came running to give it to you. Smile

Hard to Control When It Begins by Nimuu

Really, this fic is soooo sweet and cute. It starts out a little sad, but gets increasingly more heart-warming. The story is basically about how Blaine dumps Kurt, and how Kurt gets back at him for breaking his heart with Sam's help by fake dating each other (to make Blaine jealous), which maybe turns to something a little more real. fanny2 A lot of the characters get a little moment to shine in it, too, as they react to the news of them dating, I thought Rachel especially was adorable. I can also say the story never Blaine-bashes, but it did feel satisfying for me as someone who intensely dislikes Blaine, so there's that too. Razz

But it's really good, I hope you give it a try and enjoy it. neutre
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/10/2012, 10:01 am

ColferGirl wrote:
As for GoT-like Glee fic, there's "The One About Dragons" by narceus (I think that's what it's called), which I know others like but I personally don't because it's basically full of heaping loads of woobie!Blaine and Blaine angst and I'm allergic to Blaine angsting so it drives me nuts. ooppss But if you can stand that, you may like it since it's supposed to be a GoT-esque tribute AU, and it's set up as Kurt taking on a Drogo-like role with Blaine in a Daenerys-role, plot-wise (it's loosely based on Daenerys's season 1 plot, and all that entails with Kurt like Drogo and Blaine like Daenerys, if you know what I mean...personally, I think Kurt should have been Daenerys because Kurt + badassery + dragons would have equaled perfection tonguue ).

What?! Shocked Kurt as Drogo and Blaien as Daenerys ?! blinkk How is that possible?? Both of them must be very ooc in that fic. I'm sorry to say I'm not gonna read that but thanks for your rec anyway. neutre I've had enough of Blangst in Glee and I'm not sure if I can tolerate huge amount of it in a fic again. I'm ok with mild Blangst, though.

Ah, I've read some of the rainjoy's fic and I remember that they're all high-quality ones. But I haven't read the one you mentioned so I might give it a try when I'm free. I've decided to check the HG fic out first since it sounds really great and I think I may even love Furt in it neutre

Besides, thanks for reccing the Kum fic, sweetie wub I've read it and it's really enjoyable. I hope the author writes more Kum in the future. Thanks for reccing here so fast, Erin. I really appreciate it. Here's a hug for you:

Chris/Kurt requests and recommendations - Page 3 Cute-cat-hug

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/10/2012, 1:41 pm

ColferGirl wrote:As for GoT-like Glee fic, there's "The One About Dragons" by narceus (I think that's what it's called), which I know others like but I personally don't because it's basically full of heaping loads of woobie!Blaine and Blaine angst and I'm allergic to Blaine angsting so it drives me nuts. ooppss But if you can stand that, you may like it since it's supposed to be a GoT-esque tribute AU, and it's set up as Kurt taking on a Drogo-like role with Blaine in a Daenerys-role, plot-wise (it's loosely based on Daenerys's season 1 plot, and all that entails with Kurt like Drogo and Blaine like Daenerys, if you know what I mean...personally, I think Kurt should have been Daenerys because Kurt + badassery + dragons would have equaled perfection tonguue ).
OMG, that's crazy! ptdr
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 6/10/2012, 3:14 pm

BlueJazz wrote:

What?! Shocked Kurt as Drogo and Blaien as Daenerys ?! blinkk How is that possible?? Both of them must be very ooc in that fic. I'm sorry to say I'm not gonna read that but thanks for your rec anyway. neutre I've had enough of Blangst in Glee and I'm not sure if I can tolerate huge amount of it in a fic again. I'm ok with mild Blangst, though.

Don't worry, I don't blame you for giving it a pass. I could only read the first two chapters before I had to drop it myself, because too much Blangst makes me run for the hills. And I also found it very ooc, if only because Kurt isn't even remotely like Drogo, not in a million and one years; and it doesn't matter to me if his new characterization makes sense within that AU fic's world (which admittedly had very good world-building), he's still too different from the real Kurt. The real Kurt would never...well, you know what Drogo did to Daenerys in the beginning, when she couldn't speak his language, so.

Ah, I've read some of the rainjoy's fic and I remember that they're all high-quality ones. But I haven't read the one you mentioned so I might give it a try when I'm free. I've decided to check the HG fic out first since it sounds really great and I think I may even love Furt in it neutre

Yay! I'm glad you'll give them a try. I really love the HG fic, and all of Rainjoy's fics. wub

Besides, thanks for reccing the Kum fic, sweetie wub I've read it and it's really enjoyable. I hope the author writes more Kum in the future. Thanks for reccing here so fast, Erin. I really appreciate it. Here's a hug for you:

Chris/Kurt requests and recommendations - Page 3 Cute-cat-hug

Awwwwwwwww that kitty picture is so cute!! wub And you're very very welcome. If I find more I'll bring them here. Smile

Emile wrote:
ColferGirl wrote: But if you can stand that, you may like it since it's supposed to be a GoT-esque tribute AU, and it's set up as Kurt taking on a Drogo-like role with Blaine in a Daenerys-role, plot-wise (it's loosely based on Daenerys's season 1 plot, and all that entails with Kurt like Drogo and Blaine like Daenerys, if you know what I mean...personally, I think Kurt should have been Daenerys because Kurt + badassery + dragons would have equaled perfection tonguue ).
OMG, that's crazy! ptdr

Razz Yes, yes it is. Blaine only wishes he was as amazing and awesome a character as Daenerys.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fireangel 6/11/2012, 12:29 am

ColferGirl wrote:
Delight wrote:

I've read the entirety of Your Heart Outside Your Body, and I really loved it, though it made me cry really bad. It's the best Hunger Games/Glee crossover fic I know of, at least for Kurtsies. The ending really is depressing, but the fic has a really neat way of tying its story into Hunger Games canon in the true trilogy, and I thought that was awesome. But if you love Kurt and Finn, and their relationship as brothers, you'll love that fic despite how depressing it is (Furt is my weakness, I love any and all Furt fics wub ). But brace yourself, it's really painful and sad.

I wholeheartedly recommend Your Heart Outside Your Body to anyone who is a Kurt fan and who doesn't mind a bit of Finn. If you happen to like the relationship between Kurt and Finn (which I totally do) even better! This would be a must. Not that I read a lot of fanfiction but if there's one fanfic in Glee fandom I could take away it'd be this one, and that's quite a big compliment from me since all my other favourite fics are Klaine ones. And to anyone who might be hesitant about reading it because you haven't read/watched The Hunger Games, well it didn't bother me when I read it back in August last year. I'd never even heard of the Hunger Games and I had no trouble understanding the story.

The story gets violent at times (obviously) but I like it because it's putting two characters (Kurt and Finn) through an ordeal and seeing how they cope and respond in such an environment. It's a character story. It wouldn't have been successful if the author didn't have a proper grasp on who Kurt and Finn are. So if you're worried that Kurt's characterisation gets mucked up because it's AU/crossover, I don't think that happened. He's still the Kurt I know in canon, just canon!Kurt selected to compete in the Hunger Games. I read it in one sitting last year, and the story was still running through my head when I went to bed. Oh and I cried in the last few chapters.

Rainjoy is my absolute favorite writer in Glee fandom, she's fantastic, she has a lovely writing style, excellent characterizations, and many types of stories to choose from. She's also a devoted Kurtsie so all of her fics feature Kurt in a significant way. But - she writes only Klaine, all of her stories are very Klaine-heavy, so, your tolerance level of Blaine will partly determine your liking of her stories. But I can vouch that I actually like the Blaine that she writes, he's the only Blaine I do like, so I still really love them. (Most of her stories are rated R though so I can't link them here.)

aaaand I'll stop embarrasing myself by fangirling over Rainjoy now.
Yes Rainjoy's stories are great! I've read a few of her stories and they've all been high quality. I recommend her stuff.

I'd also recommend emiliandarling's fics (do a google search of emiliandarling livejournal, I don't know if I'm allowed to link). The subject matter in her stories are pretty heavy, (and she actually writes them well unlike other authors who tackle big themes but fail to do it justice), so if you can cope with that I'd recommend her stuff. Her two pairings are Klaine and Kurtofsky.

fireangel
fireangel
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/11/2012, 2:49 am

fireangel wrote:
I wholeheartedly recommend Your Heart Outside Your Body to anyone who is a Kurt fan and who doesn't mind a bit of Finn. If you happen to like the relationship between Kurt and Finn (which I totally do) even better! This would be a must. Not that I read a lot of fanfiction but if there's one fanfic in Glee fandom I could take away it'd be this one, and that's quite a big compliment from me since all my other favourite fics are Klaine ones. And to anyone who might be hesitant about reading it because you haven't read/watched The Hunger Games, well it didn't bother me when I read it back in August last year. I'd never even heard of the Hunger Games and I had no trouble understanding the story.

You and ColferGirl are really making me want to give this fic a second chance, despite its angst factor. Ah, to read or not to read... humhum

I do think this fic is well-written (from the first two chapters I've read, and bits of the ending), and I found that the fic had successfully hit home the tragedy of the Hunger Games more than the movie ever did. Maybe because I care more about Kurt as a fictional character than Katniss? Also, there wasn't any doubt that Katniss would survive, given that she's the heroine and there are two books after the first.

fireangel wrote:
I'd also recommend emiliandarling's fics (do a google search of emiliandarling livejournal, I don't know if I'm allowed to link). The subject matter in her stories are pretty heavy, (and she actually writes them well unlike other authors who tackle big themes but fail to do it justice), so if you can cope with that I'd recommend her stuff. Her two pairings are Klaine and Kurtofsky.

Ah, I recognize this author. I've skimmed through her 'My Body Betrays Me' fic. Very disturbing themes. Who would've thought that something inspired by the curse in 'Ella Enchanted' would turn out so dark and angsty? Reading this fic, you realize that Ella had it easy. Really easy.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/11/2012, 2:26 pm

I don't remember well but "My body betrays me" has three chapters? I thing I read all of them but I skimmed lots of scenes because I felt bad for Kurt ohmy so next. I just wanted to know if he was gonna be happy at the end. Honestly I'd rather Ella's version :p
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/11/2012, 2:34 pm

^ I've finished reading "My Body Betrays Me" quite some time ago. I have to say it's extremely disturbing, angsty but the writing is superb. I manage to finish it maybe because I used to love angst fics (I can tolerate all sorts of kurt angst except dark!Blaine ones, I've tried to read to one but have to quit eventually) and I've really enjoyed it. If anyone's interested, here's the summary:

Ella Enchanted-inspired AU. Kurt is magically compelled to follow orders. His roommate at Dalton, Dave Karofsky, takes advantage. Blaine just wants to make everything all right again.

And before you decide whether to give it a try, please read the warning:

Vaguely explained magic, non-con, dub-con, awful situations, manipulation, self-deluding, crack prompt gone serious.

So...I guess most of you already know what happened to Kurt in that fic, right? It's horrible but I think Kurt was really strong in it. Blaine was portrayed a bit like the "knight in shining armor" for Kurt but I think Kurt survived the whole mess mostly by himself. So, I think it's possible for a non-Klainer to like the fic neutre

Besides, if you like the story, you have to check the podfics out! They were produced by the author and they're just amazing wub I remember that I had chills when I listened to it because the it felt so REAL Shocked I could feel the emotions that the characters were going through much better than reading the fic and the experience was great wub

I've deleted the podfics from my computer since I've stopped reading super-angsty stuff but I may download them again when I start to like angsty stories tonguue

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum