Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread

+14
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
sheny
fantastica
AnneNeville
coxfire
brisallie
ColferInspired
Buenos
Ranwing
ChrisColferFan1
bayth
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
18 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap6%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap18%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap6%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap12%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap47%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 8 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap11%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  coxfire 3/6/2014, 5:44 pm

I'm not sure that the writers have planned any sort of Kurt/Rachel payoff for the storyline, unfortunately. They only focused on Pezberry.
It was pretty telling that Kurt didn't react to Rachel saying "I gave you Kurt" but said "he's not your property" when she referred to Eliott as hers. He is so accustomed to it that he doesn't even notice anymore.
The next episode probably won't deal with it, Nationals and all (skip, skip, skip). Maybe the 100th will address it but honestly I don't see it coming. Since there'll be a huge time jump after that, this will mostly be swept under the rug.

And I agree that Rachel does things for Kurt, but I think that what makes it seems unbalanced is that we never saw her react to one of Kurt's loss the way he did for hers. When she choked, we didn't see her cheer for him while when she got into NYADA, he was there for her. We saw him be her cheerleader when she got the audition for FG but she never acknnowledged that he didn't get anything.

I guess that these moments overpower the good stuffs she did for him, like telling him he's a catch after the break-up, for instance, and others I'm too lazy to type here
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel 3/6/2014, 6:00 pm

coxfire wrote:And I agree that Rachel does things for Kurt, but I think that what makes it seems unbalanced is that we never saw her react to one of Kurt's loss the way he did for hers. When she choked, we didn't see her cheer for him while when she got into NYADA, he was there for her. We saw him be her cheerleader when she got the audition for FG but she never acknnowledged that he didn't get anything.

I guess that these moments overpower the good stuffs she did for him, like telling him he's a catch after the break-up, for instance, and others I'm too lazy to type here
This.

When Kurt got his final audition letter for NYADA Rachel wasn't happy for him but made it all about her not getting hers (yet).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/6/2014, 6:15 pm

Stop it! You Rachel haters are making me remember things that are better left unsaid.  neutre 

That one thing I like about Elliot is that he's not Rachel or Blaine, who tend to win everything in sight that Kurt wants. Elliot obviously wants things , but unlike Rachel, who everybody falls in gushing adoration of, or Blaine who himself admits that things just fall into his lap, Elliot (so far) seems as if he's had struggles of his own. He needs help financially, wasn't accepted into NYADA and wants to be part of a band to further his career too. He's not "that star" the way Rachel or Blaine automatically fall into in every scene.

I know he's gone by now, but I hope that Kurt learned from his relationship with Starchild that he can shine at the same time some else's halo is burning bright.

I don't hate Rachel or Blaine, but it's annoying that somehow Kurt has to be "happy" for them while he stands in the background cheering them on. The show hints that Kurt shouldn't change, should be his own distinct self, but I'm still patiently waiting for the payoff. The band was a nice SL arc for KUrt and if it goes away, I'll be sad but it did help Kurt stretch artistically and gain more confidence.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/6/2014, 6:22 pm

Buenos wrote:I don't hate Rachel or Blaine, but it's annoying that somehow Kurt has to be "happy" for them while he stands in the background cheering them on.  

This is exactly why Lea's latest statement on how she would end the show has me rolling my eyes. Because it's all about Rachel. Again. Rachel getting the huge prizes while everyone just smiles and gazes at her adoringly. Nothing about their successes. Just Rachel.

I would just like, for once, to Rachel to show real happiness for someone having a major success without immediately pouting that she didn't. I get that this is an inherent part of her personality and it's probably never going to go away completely. But wouldn't it be a real novelty for Rachel to openly and without looking like she's having teeth pulled, celebrating the success of someone else without first thinking of herself.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 3/6/2014, 6:31 pm

Buenos wrote:
Well, she was willing to forego NYADA for a year when she realized that Kurt and Finn would not be making the NY journey with her.  

I don't want nor expect Rachel to ever become a self sacrificing martyr, that is not her character.  She is an over the top, self absorbed, self centered DIVA, and it's one of the things I love about her.  Most of the time Kurt rolls his eyes at her.

Yes, She can be infuriatingly smug and oblivious to how others think about her.

What I wish is, lke I said before, that  it has consequences for her.  Like she's thrown out of a production because of her self centered ways, or Kurt gently pushes her away for being so inconsiderate of him.

I don't expect her to change her innate personality, because the moralizing lectures given to Rachel every single year I"m sick of.  Rather that she strike a balance to realizing that others count and that maybe, just maybe, she values more than just Broadway stardom in her life.  I don't want her to ever think she can't be successful and happy in a relationship, but Rachel seems clueless what a relationship really entails.   Brody and "open ended" doesn't work for her.  Finn, sadly, didn't really work because he couldn't  "share" her dream.   I don't want Rachel deferring her dreams to others, but just getting a clue that to other her dreams are not the important thing in their lives.

Santana, as clueless and insensitive as she is, was right in saying that she saw an opportunity and took it.
She correctly pointed out that Rachel would have done the same thing.  The problem is that Rachel isn't as "nice" as she thinks she is.  Santana thinks that Rachel is a hypocrite that way and she's not totally wrong.

I forgot about that.

I don't want her to be an all sacrificing martyr either (I don't want any of the charcters that way), I just think she should (like some of the rare times in the past) to want to help Kurt without adding her own drama and without anything to gain other than helping her friend.
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/6/2014, 6:32 pm

Ranwing wrote:But wouldn't it be a real novelty for Rachel to openly and without looking like she's having teeth pulled, celebrating the success of someone else without first thinking of herself.

Oh sweetie, you might as well be asking for the sun to stop shining.  coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/6/2014, 10:45 pm

Love this review about Blamtina.  wub 

“They apologize and explain that everyone has to make out with everyone else in glee club, as a right of passage, which is true, actually, and I’ll bet you fifty dollars that if you charted New Directions’ web of incest it would be more tangled than even The L Word‘s. He doesn’t get it, because he, of course, is sexually fulfilled just shaking Kurt’s hand every once in a while, but he forgives them.”
— The Backlot’s 5x10 recap (x)

ptdr
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 3/6/2014, 11:08 pm

ColferInspired wrote:Love this review about Blamtina.  wub 

“They apologize and explain that everyone has to make out with everyone else in glee club, as a right of passage, which is true, actually, and I’ll bet you fifty dollars that if you charted New Directions’ web of incest it would be more tangled than even The L Word‘s. He doesn’t get it, because he, of course, is sexually fulfilled just shaking Kurt’s hand every once in a while, but he forgives them.”

ptdr

I love this quote even better:

It almost makes you sad that the fiftieth anniversary of the beginning of their senior year is coming to a close. ptdr 
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/6/2014, 11:39 pm

ColferInspired wrote:Love this review about Blamtina.  wub 

ptdr

Who wrote this? Love it.

@Buenos, I know is hard to ask Rachel to change, I personally don't want her to change 100%, but just trying to take a different attitude when it comes to deal with other people. And though we have been pointing out only her negative things, after I wrote my post hours ago, then I remembered she was supportive with Kurt when he felt unsure about his future career, you know the episode Elliot came in; and for me was nice to see that. So now is like going back to the past, I said it again, I don't want her giving up her dreams, but trying to incorporate her friends in her success, is not like she's gonna get a job to all of them, but share the happiness and not feeling like others are against her.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/6/2014, 11:45 pm

brisallie wrote:

@Buenos, I know is hard to ask Rachel to change, I personally don't want her to change 100%, but just trying to take a different attitude when it comes to deal with other people. And though we have been pointing out only her negative things, after I wrote my post hours ago, then I remembered she was supportive with Kurt when he felt unsure about his future career, you know the episode Elliot came in; and for me was nice to see that. So now is like going back to the past, I said it again, I don't want her giving up her dreams, but trying to incorporate her friends in her success, is not like she's gonna get a job to all of them, but share the happiness and not feeling like others are against her.

I don't mind the Rachel "insanity"; she is one crazy driven chick, but I just get tired how it's used ONE way, to piss off the people closest to her.  I'd rather it be used in different ways, for example , they all get roles in a play and she fights the director tooth and nail for comic mayhem, Kurt also gets into the insanity as does Santana and they all get fired.  That would be preferable for the Rachel loco than just hurting those around her.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/11/2014, 11:28 am

Gloria was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Santana and her bitch faces, Rachel and her spazzy dancing, Elliot trying to be nice and sing with both of them (and doing a damn fine job), Kurt and his WTF faces. Priceless.

Loved One Three Hill. Such a classy band and so Kurt Hummel.

"Lady Hummel...I need your tiny, delicate, elfin-like fingers for my weave!" LOL! Okay, I hate the Lady Hummel nickname, but this made me laugh.

Rachel and her usual, melodramatic S1 craziness is best when it is played up for comedic effect (stealing Adam's bed) rather than dramatic effect (slapping Santana). Adam made me laugh with his "WTF?!" expressions while Rachel bounced happily into his bed...LOL!

Hate the way Rachel is treating Kurt, to be honest. I'm really disappointed and my Hummelberry heart is a bit broken right now. Santana treats everyone like shit but I thought Rachel grew past that by now, especially with Kurt. I guess I was wrong. I agree with Kurt: I didn't expect this power trio to be with the Kurt-Elliot-Dani combination, but I can't say I dislike it. It's refreshing. I love the Kurtcheltana dynamic but Kurt needs a break from Rachel and Santana right now.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/11/2014, 12:06 pm

The question that I have is whether or not Rachel's behavior is going to have a lasting impact on her relationships with her friends, because it should. This isn't new behavior for her and I'm sure that everyone who has been on the recieving end of it more than once (Kurt especially) is sick to death of dealing with her selfishness, forgiving her, and then having to deal with it the next time Rachel is protecting a prize that she insists is hers.

Kurt has every right to be angry with Rachel and to not be willing to go back to things as usual. Rachel went beyond just being thoughtless and insulting. She put Kurt and all of their mutual friends and aquaintences into a really difficult and uncomfortable spot. She moved out, which impacts Kurt's living arrangments. She made things difficult for Kurt's band. And she renounces their friendship. That isn't something that an "I'm sorry" just erases.

I would like Kurt to hold onto some hard feelings for once and not to be so noble. I know that he loves Rachel and there are times when she can be the kind of good, supportive friend that he deserves. But too often she goes off on these tears, and her only tactic is scorched earth. Kurt can and should forgive her. Eventually. But let her for a novel change suffer some consequences for her behavior. Let her see what not having Kurt as such a close friend means for her so that maybe she'll learn to really appreciate him and everything he's done for her and not be so quick to throw it all way the next time she feels in any way threatened.

Spoiler:
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/11/2014, 12:12 pm

Ranwing wrote:The question that I have is whether or not Rachel's behavior is going to have a lasting impact on her relationships with her friends, because it should. This isn't new behavior for her and I'm sure that everyone who has been on the recieving end of it more than once (Kurt especially) is sick to death of dealing with her selfishness, forgiving her, and then having to deal with it the next time Rachel is protecting a prize that she insists is hers.

Kurt has every right to be angry with Rachel and to not be willing to go back to things as usual. Rachel went beyond just being thoughtless and insulting. She put Kurt and all of their mutual friends and aquaintences into a really difficult and uncomfortable spot. She moved out, which impacts Kurt's living arrangments. She made things difficult for Kurt's band. And she renounces their friendship. That isn't something that an "I'm sorry" just erases.

I would like Kurt to hold onto some hard feelings for once and not to be so noble. I know that he loves Rachel and there are times when she can be the kind of good, supportive friend that he deserves. But too often she goes off on these tears, and her only tactic is scorched earth. Kurt can and should forgive her. Eventually. But let her for a novel change suffer some consequences for her behavior. Let her see what not having Kurt as such a close friend means for her so that maybe she'll learn to really appreciate him and everything he's done for her and not be so quick to throw it all way the next time she feels in any way threatened.

Spoiler:

You know what? I actually agree with this. Santana treats everyone like shit, but I expected more from Rachel at this point, especially when it comes to Kurt. I know Rachel doesn't mean to hurt or offend her friends/loved ones: but she still does. Seeing her take Kurt for granted just broke my heart. I couldn't care less about the Pezberry friendship being tested (I actually get why she is so hurt/threatened/mistrustful over Santana's understudy role), but Hummelberry was a bond I thought could never be broken that easily.

Perhaps Kurt's bashing in 5.15 will cause Rachel to wake up and snap out of her selfishness and immaturity with the way she is treating Kurt.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/11/2014, 12:47 pm

I hate if the "bashing" is the cheap device used to reconcile Hummelberry. It cheapens things, just like the school shooting was used to make Kitty confess to Marley about her part in the Eating Disorder storyline and Burt's cancer used to facilitate a trip to NY for Blaine to visit Kurt.

The show sets up credible roadblocks for relationships and then ignores the problems with some contrived melodramatic event that sweeps things under the table. The core problem isn't really addressed so that the get happy resolutions ring hollow.

It was like Finns hypocritical cheating actions in S2 soured me so much on Finchel and Rachel never brought it up or even discussed it with him before agreeing to get back together.

It's not even a matter of Rachel this time apologizing, she's *done* that plenty of times before. It's a matter of there being consequences to her actions.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/11/2014, 12:49 pm

I think that it is very telling at how Hold On was staged that Rachel was alone. Not at the theater surrounded by her cast mates, but sitting by herself and looking out a window. I don't this that this was a casual accident. I'm not worried quite so much about Santana, because she'll land on her feet. Kurt is seen surrounded by his new band, singing and clearly having a good time. Rachel is being painted as the one who has what to lose here.

I like Rachel, but we know that she does not have an easy time making friends. Her behavior can be so offputting that it's not a surprise to me that she really had no friends up until she joined ND, and then spent a lot of time basically having only Finn at her side. I don't know if she knew Kurt, Mercedes, Tina and Artie before they all joined ND, but there didn't seem to be any reason for this bunch of social outcasts not to bond. They all did. Just not with Rachel. And this was due entirely to Rachel's behavior. She was rude and dismissive and combative towards the others and it's no wonder that it took a good long time for them to want anything to do with her. And even once she established friendships with Kurt and Mercedes, she still often ended up stepping on their toes because she just couldn't see where the boundary lines were. If she wanted something - solo, lead, guy - she would steamroll right over anyone who stood in her way. To be frank, being Rachel's friend takes a lot of work and a lot of excusing bad behavior.

It would be interesting if, just once, Kurt doesn't just excuse how Rachel behaved through this whole thing. That he can grant that she had a right to her feelings of being threatened and that he does understand to a degree where she is coming from because he knows how much this role means to her. But that it doesn't excuse her behavior. Not towards Santana and especially not towards him. And that while he cares for her and will support her, right now he just doesn't want to be around her. Kurt, unlike Rachel, does make friends a lot easier (and has only gotten better as he's gotten older) so he'll be okay. But Rachel is the one who'll find herself on the outside looking in and it will take a lot more than just appologising to make up for how badly she's treated Kurt.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/11/2014, 12:51 pm

Isn't the bashing episode happening months after ND is disbanded? I think at that point Kurt and Rachel will be in good terms. For how long will she be angry?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 3/11/2014, 1:21 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Gloria was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Santana and her bitch faces, Rachel and her spazzy dancing, Elliot trying to be nice and sing with both of them (and doing a damn fine job), Kurt and his WTF faces. Priceless.

Loved One Three Hill. Such a classy band and so Kurt Hummel.

"Lady Hummel...I need your tiny, delicate, elfin-like fingers for my weave!" LOL! Okay, I hate the Lady Hummel nickname, but this made me laugh.

Rachel and her usual, melodramatic S1 craziness is best when it is played up for comedic effect (stealing Adam's bed) rather than dramatic effect (slapping Santana). Adam made me laugh with his "WTF?!" expressions while Rachel bounced happily into his bed...LOL!

Hate the way Rachel is treating Kurt, to be honest. I'm really disappointed and my Hummelberry heart is a bit broken right now. Santana treats everyone like shit but I thought Rachel grew past that by now, especially with Kurt. I guess I was wrong. I agree with Kurt: I didn't expect this power trio to be with the Kurt-Elliot-Dani combination, but I can't say I dislike it. It's refreshing. I love the Kurtcheltana dynamic but Kurt needs a break from Rachel and Santana right now.

Buenos wrote:I hate if the "bashing" is the cheap device used to reconcile Hummelberry.  It cheapens things, just like the school shooting was used to make Kitty confess to Marley about her part  in the Eating Disorder storyline  and Burt's cancer used to facilitate a trip to NY for Blaine to visit Kurt.

The show sets up credible roadblocks for relationships and then ignores the problems with some contrived melodramatic event that sweeps things under the table.   The core problem isn't really addressed so that the get happy resolutions ring hollow.

It was like Finns hypocritical cheating actions in S2 soured me so much on Finchel and Rachel never brought it up or even discussed it with him before agreeing to get back together.

It's not even a matter of Rachel this time apologizing, she's *done* that plenty of times before.  It's a matter of there being consequences to her actions.

banzai agreed.

brisallie wrote:Isn't the bashing episode happening months after ND is disbanded? I think at that point Kurt and Rachel will be in good terms. For how long will she be angry?

Considering this is Glee, and Rachel, she can hold a grudge a long time. Like when she told Mercedes, she cares more about being a star than being liked.
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/11/2014, 1:24 pm

brisallie wrote:Isn't the bashing episode happening months after ND is disbanded? I think at that point Kurt and Rachel will be in good terms. For how long will she be angry?

I don't think it's so much a case of how long Rachel will be angry with Kurt (because she has absolutely no ground to be angry), but how long before Kurt really forgives her. Kurt is the one who has a real legidimate reason to be angry and to not want things to go back to normal because let's be honest... normal isn't all that good for him. He's been exceptionally supportive of Rachel for a very long time, and gets little as a result. I would expect things to be rather strained between them for quite some time until Kurt is good and read to move forward. And even then, I would love to see Kurt make it clear that Rachel's behavior is not at all acceptable and if she wants to maintain their friendship, some changes have to be made.

I don't expect the bashing to be the catalist for getting them back together as friends. Maybe having Funny Girl go up in flames and Rachel not just badly needing some support, but recognizing just what she did might be enough to thaw things between them.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/11/2014, 1:28 pm

Ranwing wrote:. Maybe having Funny Girl go up in flames

As a Rachel stan, it's the one "hope" I'm clinging to.... Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/11/2014, 5:18 pm

YaoiChick wrote:
brisallie wrote:
Spoiler:
I think at that point Kurt and Rachel will be in good terms. For how long will she be angry?

Considering this is Glee, and Rachel, she can hold a grudge a long time. Like when she told Mercedes, she cares more about being a star than being liked.
The writers have forgotten they...
Spoiler:

Use spoiler bars, people!     angellic
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7