Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread

+14
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
sheny
fantastica
AnneNeville
coxfire
brisallie
ColferInspired
Buenos
Ranwing
ChrisColferFan1
bayth
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
18 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap6%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap18%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap6%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap12%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap47%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 8 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap11%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  coxfire 3/5/2014, 8:33 am

And they wonder why Darren had to admit himself last year.  moque 
The fact that the guy even had the cheek to admit himself just shows how delusional he got. But hey, having everyone and their mother (or at least RIB) bowing to your magnificience and selling you to the world as the best thing since last bread must affect you, right?

Same here.
I think it's the familiar 'new-shiny-thing-takes-over-stuff-that-was-supposed-to-be-for-another-character-which-is-usually-Kurt'.
Well, it sounds like they squeezed Lambert like a lemon to get the most out of him. Is he not supposed to sing with Prince Darren?

Gives me flashbacks to how the bullying storyline suddenly became all about Blaine, Santana and Karofsky.  dryy 
This. And you know, it pissed me that Kurt forgave Karofsky. Because yes, he was closeted, but the rest of the Glee Club was also bullied by Karofsky, and though you can understand the origins of the bullying, excusing it is out of question for me. As for Kurt, I'll just fanwank that he is by far the strongest character on screen. the fact that he is forever stuck with the whiniest whiner ever, who hides is immaturity behind faux-dorkiness is appalling.

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
Ranwing wrote:BLAINE... SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Not watching but still  have  to  agree.
Lol, I legit burst out laughing out loud reading this.  ptdr 
They should make it a song, sung by the NY cast. And the Noobs too, as a farewell.

God I'm glad they finally let someone call that out. Though I wish it had been Kurt doing that.
Yep, with all the delicious snark Kurt displayed in S1, I'm kinda pissed he lets Santana use his sexuality/feminie features as a subject of constant mockery, and acts as doormat to Rachel when she calls him her "best gay". S1 Kurt would have had thousands of come-backs.

I normally don't go for these kinds of platitudes, but after watching this episode I couldn't agree more.
God, Rachel is an awful friend: loyalty means nothing at all to her.   :angry:
 nanina  tronco
Rachel^

Sorry, I'm quite crude when I'm pissed. I'm not a princess, never was, never will be, I'm a curser, and I'll admit reading what Rachel said did irk me to no end. Plus I was having insomnia, it was like 3:30AM when I wrote that, I was cranky (that said, knowing that I've slept 2 hours this night, I might still be in a fool mood... I should go in S&B)
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired 3/5/2014, 8:46 am

coxfire wrote:
And they wonder why Darren had to admit himself last year.  moque 
The fact that the guy even had the cheek to admit himself just shows how delusional he got. But hey, having everyone and their mother (or at least RIB) bowing to your magnificience and selling you to the world as the best thing since last bread must affect you, right?

Same here.
I think it's the familiar 'new-shiny-thing-takes-over-stuff-that-was-supposed-to-be-for-another-character-which-is-usually-Kurt'.
Well, it sounds like they squeezed Lambert like a lemon to get the most out of him. Is he not supposed to sing with Prince Darren?

Gives me flashbacks to how the bullying storyline suddenly became all about Blaine, Santana and Karofsky.  dryy 
This. And you know, it pissed me that Kurt forgave Karofsky. Because yes, he was closeted, but the rest of the Glee Club was also bullied by Karofsky, and though you can understand the origins of the bullying, excusing it is out of question for me. As for Kurt, I'll just fanwank that he is by far the strongest character on screen. the fact that he is forever stuck with the whiniest whiner ever, who hides is immaturity behind faux-dorkiness is appalling.

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
Ranwing wrote:BLAINE... SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Not watching but still  have  to  agree.
Lol, I legit burst out laughing out loud reading this.  ptdr 
They should make it a song, sung by the NY cast. And the Noobs too, as a farewell.

God I'm glad they finally let someone call that out. Though I wish it had been Kurt doing that.
Yep, with all the delicious snark Kurt displayed in S1, I'm kinda pissed he lets Santana use his sexuality/feminie features as a subject of constant mockery, and acts as doormat to Rachel when she calls him her "best gay". S1 Kurt would have had thousands of come-backs.

I normally don't go for these kinds of platitudes, but after watching this episode I couldn't agree more.
God, Rachel is an awful friend: loyalty means nothing at all to her.   :angry:
 nanina  tronco
Rachel^

Sorry, I'm quite crude when I'm pissed. I'm not a princess, never was, never will be, I'm a curser, and I'll admit reading what Rachel said did irk me to no end. Plus I was having insomnia, it was like 3:30AM when I wrote that, I was cranky (that said, knowing that I've slept 2 hours this night, I might still be in a fool mood... I should go in S&B)

I have searched for any spoiler were Blaine sings with Elliott and have found none.

No more songs as of yet have been released for 14.

Episode 14 is the last episode for Elliott as of now.

I don't know if Adam will sign up for more or not.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/5/2014, 9:26 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Can we talk about how the show is half over and no sign of Kurt yet?  

You know, I half wonder if it was originally supposed to be Kurt doing the scenes with Rachel and Santana.
Same here.

I don't think Elliott took Kurt's place in this storyline, both girls take Kurt for granted and they would never fight for him like that. Besides Adam is on Glee since October, they started filming this episode somewhere in December so he was already part of the show when the script was written.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/5/2014, 9:49 am

coxfire wrote:Well, it sounds like they squeezed Lambert like a lemon to get the most out of him. Is he not supposed to sing with Prince Darren?
Not confirmed yet, fortunately. We only know he has a scene with Adam, that's all. Although "having a scene" together usually means a song together on Glee, except when your name is Kurt Hummel.

Oh don't apologize.  I was admiring your words, not condemning them, lol. It's so hard to swear in another language than your own, without simply resorting to:

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_myumtlAUr21rkhhe2
 Smile 

sheny wrote:I don't think Elliott took Kurt's place in this storyline, both girls take Kurt for granted and they would never fight for him like that. Besides Adam is on Glee since October, they started filming this episode somewhere in December so he was already part of the show when the script was written.
Oh, I'm not saying that the girls would fight over Kurt like they did over Elliot, but just that if Adam hadn't been such a success (or new shiny toy) imo he wouldn't even been written much into this particular script, and certainly not singing 4 songs(!) in the same episode.
That would have possibly left some more room for scenes of Kurt caught in the middle of his 2 friends fighting, you know: Kurt,a main character of this show with 4 years of history with both Rachel and Santana and living with them for many months now. Now he was barely visible in this episode (he wasn't even in the first 35 minutes!).

Adam being on Glee since October while this episode filmed in December and therefore was probably written in November only strengthens my point of him being the new shiny toy that needs to be inserted into other people's storylines as much as possible.
And mind you: I love Adam/Elliot.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 3/5/2014, 10:19 am

Not confirmed yet, fortunately. We only know he has a scene with Adam, that's all. Although "having a scene" together usually means a song together on Glee, except when your name is Kurt Hummel.
Oh, I see, I mixed up "scene" and "song! Yet, you're spot-on. Except in Kurt's case, a scene = a duet, I think that is why I made a shortcut, and honestly, I don't see how RIB would pass the opportunity to "prop" precious Blaine via Adam Lambert (I am not sure I'm clear here) I feel very lucky that we had Kurt "allowed" to sing 2 songs with Adam, and Adam & Demi at that (plus one not aired yet Smile!)

Oh don't apologize.  I was admiring your words, not condemning them, lol. It's so hard to swear in another language than your own, without simply resorting to:
Oh, OUF! For a second I feared I had been too crude! As for the cursing in English, I guess that is what watching non censored UK and/or cable shows in OV makes to you Smile! Although I must say I LOVE your gif!

And mind you: I love Adam/Elliot.
So do I. You know, I would have been very satisfied if Kurt had been freed of Blaine and Eliott had remained a friend only, and we could have seen 2 gay guys be simply friends, but the story focusing on them as individuals, no romance involved. Well, I wouldn't have minded Kelliott, per se (that would have been hot), but I'm sure I'd have enjoyed their tribulations into adulthood: arguing NYADA vs NYU, throwing parties at eah other places, be mutual supports through partiels/jobs, be each other wingmen... With Rachel and Santana in the middle.

But no, it's gonna be back to Blam (and Brittany should be back. UGH, so not waiting for that...)

Anyway, The Happening was adorable, and their 3 voices sounded so great together! (Sorry Marie, but: will you review it  blushh )
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/5/2014, 10:30 am

coxfire wrote:(Sorry Marie, but: will you review it  blushh )
Yes, I will. Actually, that's my problem at the moment: trying to dutifully work my way through all the songs I still have left to do but then getting distracted by new songs and everything I want to write in those reviews.
I need to FOCUS more!!!!!!   beam

(But the 'Get Back' review is practically finished now. Sure took me forever. Mad Will wait till tomorrow to post it though, so I can look over it one more time in the morning. And the Starkurt songs are next!)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 3/5/2014, 10:33 am

Yes, I will. Actually, that's my problem at the moment: trying to dutifully work my way through all the songs I still have left to do but then getting distracted by new songs and everything I want to write in those reviews.
I need to FOCUS more!!!!!!   beam

(But the 'Get Back' review is practically finished now. Sure took me forever. Mad Will wait till tomorrow to post it though, so I can look over it one more time in the morning. And the Starkurt songs are next!)

Hey, don't worry, I hope you know we're all very grateful you take the time to do these reviews, and we all have lives outside of Glee! Take all the time you need Smile!
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/5/2014, 11:01 am

Ok... now that I've had a chance to get some sleep and mull over a few things, I can look at them a bit more in depth.

First of all, I'm delighted that Kurt made it very clear that he wasn't going to try to fix what was wrong between Rachel and Santana (even if it deprived us of his presence until halfway through the ep). First, it answers the critics who complain that the guys are always called upon to solve the girls' problems. But second because he has a right to be angry with the two of them himself. Besides having Rachel dennouncing their friendship (which I will get into in a bit), this fight has affected his living situation (with one roommate moving out means that he's got to shoulder a bigger share of the rent and living expenses which he might not be in a position to cover) and it's affecting the dynamics of his band. I'm happy that the most he was willing to do was sit the two girls down and give them a place to try to talk it out like adults but when they didn't, he cut them loose. Good for him.

As far as Santana goes, I don't believe that she had any intention of trying to challenge for Rachel's role when she first went to the understudy audition, but now that Rachel has declared war on her she's more than happy to play with every single one of Rachel's insecurities. It was mean and harkens back to Santana's worst bullying days, but she feels that she was provoked and was bluntly honest with Rachel when they finally had a moment to actually talk to one another. I think that of the two girls, Santana is the more sane and honest of the two and she admits to her lonliness. She also points out, rightly, that Rachel is responsible for the fact for her own lack of friendships (as well as accepting that she herself is responsible for her lack). She's not going to back down over the job just yet, but she is showing that she understands Rachel. Probably a lot better than Rachel might like.

And now for Rachel... she can be a facinating and entertaining character to watch on television, but Gods... I would absolutely hate being in the same room with her and would never want to try to be friends with someone like this. She burns through relationships the way some of us go through toilet paper and it's always ME! ME! ME! with her. Friendships are never a two lane street and it's very easy to see why she really has no friends. She had Kurt, but she has tossed him aside whenever Kurt failed (in her eyes) to be perfectly adoring and supporting of her. She then tried to make Elliot into her personal peon and found that he has a much shorter tolerence for her antics than Kurt did. Now she finds herself alone. Again. No friends. Not one to give a crap about her and it's all her own doing. My sympathy for her in non-existant at this point. She's back at the point where she's, at best, tolerated. Even Kurt has reached the point where trying to be friends with her just takes too much work and sacrifice, and only ends up with you being tossed aside when it's convenient for Rachel.

Elliot gave Rachel was too much because he's a nice guy and because he didn't know Rachel all that well, didn't anticipate that she would take everything if he gave her an inch. But he's a smart guy and once he reached his limit for her shennanigans, he put a stop to things very quickly. Rachel can stay his roommate, but only because he needs someone to share expenses with and not because he actually likes her.

As far as the band goes, it's so much better and more cohesive without the two drama queens sucking all the life and oxygen out of the room. Instead of having to cater to two people who can only focus on themselves, Kurt, Dani and Elliot now can work together and genuinely enjoy their collaboration without all the drama. And look... they actually have fans. Love the new name for the band and really wish that this storyline doesn't turn into a dead end because it's got so much nice potential. And I wonder if it's foreshadowing that since it was so easy for the band to eject Santana and Rachel and end up doing better without them, what might that mean for them with Funny Girl? I am getting the feeling that something is going to happen on that end because the two girls just got a nasty wake up call to the fact that they are not indespensible. That has got to sting.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/5/2014, 11:48 am

My TWoP post:

Well that was a colossal waste of my time. Last week held so much promise, but this week I’m not even going to pretend still being somewhat interested in Glee as a whole anymore when I say that the only bits I found worth watching was when Kurt was on screen.
And Elliot, although 4 songs in 1 ep is a bit much even for Adam Lambert.

Although I’m pleasantly surprised it seems they’re going the mature route for solving Rachel and Santana’s conflict, even their scenes couldn’t interest me this time (but ‘Gloria’ was fun). Maybe that’s because Rachel majorly pissed me off very early on in the episode with her dramatics: “They kicked me out”, “New best gay”, “You have done more for me in the past 24 hours than that traitor Kurt Hummel has since graduation”. How nice to trash the best friend you ever had and probably will ever get, while trying to undermine Kurt’s friendship with Elliot as well.  :angry: 

Your loyalty sucks, Rachel. And you probably forgot that it was Kurt who got you that Funny Girl audition in the first place, plus the loft you was just “kicked out” from.

Not that Santana was behaving much better, mind you, pulling Elliot into the conflict as well (her effemiphobic “Lady Hummel” comments can just stop now too). I’m glad Kurt and Elliot kicked both girls out of the band, and good for Dani too for not accepting that behaviour of her gf (Lord: Demi was so wasted on this show).
And lo behold: I even think ‘One 3 Hill’ sounds better together than ‘Pamela Lansbury’ did. It’s such a pity we’ve probably seen and heard the last of them as a trio.

As the canon clearly established the timeline of this episode (in the beginning of the episode Nationals was 2 weeks away, at the end only 1 week) it’s an absolute miracle that Wemma was able to have 2 negative pregnancy tests and a positive one in just 1 week’s time. That normally should have taken 2-3 months, but since Sue was pregnant for about 6 months before delivering a full-grown baby I opt for the speculation that none of the writers ever had a sexual education class in their life, or you know….. even talked to a woman (really: it would explain so much).
But it was a nice send-off for Wemma: little Finn will have loving parents, a nice singing voice and probably curly, ginger hair.

So now we know why the setlists never get made untill the day before a competition: because “worrying about what you’re trying to accomplish actually gets in the way of what you’re trying to accomplish”.
Jeez, I never got used to how Glee likes to spit on everything that is real show choir logic. I never thought I’d say this but I’ll be glad not to see another show choir competition ever again on this show after next week.  Mad 

The Blamtina part was just horrible, dumb and boring at the same time. I felt like I was watching one of those kids series my children watch on Disney channel or Nickolodeon.
Thank God there’s only a few more episodes that can have Blaine being whiny and selfcentered, Sam’s gross hair, Tina crying, and Becky being awful and inappropiate in it, all at the same time. Not to mention the atrocious acting. 
So. Over. That. Even the noobs would be preferrable over that lot. Too bad that 2 out of those 4 will probably be as whiny and gross again in New York soon. Evil or Very Mad 

Wemma got pregnant, Pamela Lansbury became One 3 Hill instead, and we know now for certain that Elliot is gay.
And that's what you missed on Glee, like.....literally.  saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/5/2014, 11:52 am

Elsewhere, Fox could not compete with its revamped combination of “Glee” (#4: 2.1/ 3), “New Girl” (#4: 2.1/ 3) and critical darling “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” (#4: 2.0/ 5), which like “Arrested Development” before it will never attract a mass audience.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/5/2014, 12:04 pm

"I gave you Kurt!" What!? Not only is Kurt now a possesion of Blaine, but he's being passed along like some old sock with literarly everyone except Elliot and Dana. And what good are those two since they'll leave him too in this show. On top of Rachel turning on Kurt, quite badly written even being the silly Rachel storyline as well, I saw so much WTF moments with the magical trio in McKinley. I didn't think none of the Blamtina did a good job. They were all horrible...seriously.

There was absolutely nothing I liked in this episode except The Happening.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/5/2014, 12:11 pm

Numbers are out early today. And they hurt. I'm sure the fans of the noobs and Blam are saying that Chris, Lea, and Naya can't hold the crowd anymore, but sadly, I think most of the GA left long ago because of the noobs and Blam and the lack of Chris and Lea (and to a lesser extent Naya and an even lesser extent all of the castaways). I think Glee lost a large part of it's adult audience (what I mean, really is adults over 30) the past couple of years, which was a lot of the age group who were watching the show in the first season or two.

Of course it's also opposite NCIS and the Voice, two extremely popular shows each with well over 10 million viewers each week. Bottom line is, Glee isn't a strong enough show to make people say, "Oh, I need to watch Glee right now because I love it so much." So, they'll either DVR it or watch it on demand if they have time and their is nothing else on.

Glee is just schedule filler for FOX at this point.

I am guessing we'll see a lot of older songs and songs that aren't super popular anymore. I don't think we'll see very many current pop songs anymore because they probably cost more to get the rights for than a song from the 80's. They need to cut costs someway, and I think song rights are probably a big way for them to do that (in addition to lopping off some salaries).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/5/2014, 12:29 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:"I gave you Kurt!"
Oh, forgot that one in my Rachel rant. Jeez.  :angry:

Ditto.

Jellyrolls wrote:I am guessing we'll see a lot of older songs and songs that aren't super popular anymore.  I  don't think we'll see very many current pop songs anymore because they probably cost more to get the rights for than a song from the 80's.  They need to cut costs someway, and I think song rights are probably a big way for them to do that (in addition to lopping off some salaries).
I wouldn't mind that at all, tbh.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/5/2014, 1:52 pm

96. Hold On.
115. Gloria
149. Barracuda
193. Don't you forget about me.
198. The Happening
213.  Jumpin, Jumpin
261. Danny's Song

Last edited by Buenos on 3/5/2014, 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/5/2014, 2:11 pm

The ratings: OUCH.

FOX Glee 1.0/3 2.60

At this rate the CW will overtake them in ratings by Season end.

And next week, oh all McKinley centric naturally. It's amazing that the fucking writers and RIB still can't cut off McKinley cold turkey even 10 episodes into a failing narrative. These hacks get paid??
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/5/2014, 2:26 pm

As others have said, at this point there probably isn't a whole lot that can salvage these rating. The damage has been done and with Glee now on a night where it's up against very strong competition, nothing is going to bring the show back to what it was. It's just going to limp along until the end of next season.

And I don't think it's unreasonable to think that this is the final nail in the coffin for any possible spinoff.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/5/2014, 2:29 pm

Ranwing wrote:As others have said, at this point there probably isn't a whole lot that can salvage these rating. The damage has been done and with Glee now on a night where it's up against very strong competition, nothing is going to bring the show back to what it was. It's just going to limp along until the end of next season.

And I don't think it's unreasonable to think that this is the final nail in the coffin for any possible spinoff.

I said before there was 99 percent chance of NO spin off, now make that 100 percent certainty.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 3/5/2014, 2:52 pm

quote="Ranwing"]
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
Ranwing wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
Ranwing wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:

Jumping Jumping has  already started?

And ended. Count yourself lucky.

Wow... what a manipulative, condescending creep you've become, Rachel. Kurt is a traitor? Go to hell.

Adam Lambert saved Barracuda.

I am   not watching now, b ugt am  DVRing   it.  I will  fast forward Jumping  Jumping .  And I can  believe  Rachel  called  Kurt a traitor. Because he  did not take her side  over Santana's?  He did not take either side.

She actually said that Elliot did more for her than Kurt did since graduation. Am fighting the urge to hire someone to kneecap her.

Agree.  Kurt has  in  my opinion  done a lot for her.

Let's see... finding the loft so she could get out of the NYADA dorms... Vogue makeover... stopping her from doing a nude scene that she'd regret... signing her up for the Funny Girl auditions...

Damn... Rachel's right. Kurt's been an absolute monster to her.[/quote]

coxfire wrote:Yeah Rachel, sure Eliott did more than Kurt for you. I mean it is not like Kurt signed you up for Funny Girl. Or was your n1 fan when you were chosen for an audition. Or was your emotionnal crutch after Finn died. Go fuck yourself with a chainsaw, Rachel.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who wanted to do bodily harm to Rachel. If there was ever an episode I truly, deeply hated Rachel, this one was it  Evil or Very Mad badday antifana sw022 tronco sayian sadica brikwol orageux2 rentine 

Rachel is acting like a two year old going through the "MINE!" phase  dryy Funny Girl is hers, Elliott is hers, the apartment and Kurt are hers but she "gave" them to Santana to stop her from "stealing" funny girl. She acts like everything and everyone is her toy!

Jellyrolls wrote:Kurt is trying to be the mediator to two girls being so cruel to each other.  But good for him to kick them both out of the band.  

Wow, Pamela Lansbury had fans.  One Three Hill.  Shut up and sing.  LOL

The Happening was just adorable.  so well performed.  Just really sweet and cute.  Chris makes the best expressions.

Agreed, Kurt was adorable  wub 

Ranwing wrote:I'll be more in depth later, but lets look at the basics.

Rachel is insufferable. So is Santana. Kurt was right to kick both their selfish asses to the curb.

Yay! for Kurt being the mature, sane person in the room. And deciding that he deserves better than the treatment he's gotten from either of his so-called "friends".

One Three Hill is perfection. So of course, we can't keep them for too long.

The McKinley scenes were like finding the rotten vegetables in the back of your crisper bin. You know.. the lettuce that you bought a month ago. The half an onion that is now capable of walking under it's own power. The left-over stalks of celery. In other words, a fetid, rotting mess that needs to be disposed of.

Yay! Vacation from Glee for one week!

banzai 

brisallie wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n1xz9uUKIK1qdgslmo1_250 5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n1xz9uUKIK1qdgslmo3_250

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n1xz9uUKIK1qdgslmo4_250  5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n1xz9uUKIK1qdgslmo2_250

I think in the last gif Adam has been taking lessons from Chris.  Smile

I can see the regret there of what he just done letting her move in.

I'm with you Elliot. Gay friends are not an accesory you can change anytime you want, or you can't collect a "best gay" as if it were the last trend to have one.

banzai agreed.

Ranwing wrote:Ok... now that I've had a chance to get some sleep and mull over a few things, I can look at them a bit more in depth.

First of all, I'm delighted that Kurt made it very clear that he wasn't going to try to fix what was wrong between Rachel and Santana (even if it deprived us of his presence until halfway through the ep). First, it answers the critics who complain that the guys are always called upon to solve the girls' problems. But second because he has a right to be angry with the two of them himself. Besides having Rachel dennouncing their friendship (which I will get into in a bit), this fight has affected his living situation (with one roommate moving out means that he's got to shoulder a bigger share of the rent and living expenses which he might not be in a position to cover) and it's affecting the dynamics of his band. I'm happy that the most he was willing to do was sit the two girls down and give them a place to try to talk it out like adults but when they didn't, he cut them loose. Good for him.

As far as Santana goes, I don't believe that she had any intention of trying to challenge for Rachel's role when she first went to the understudy audition, but now that Rachel has declared war on her she's more than happy to play with every single one of Rachel's insecurities. It was mean and harkens back to Santana's worst bullying days, but she feels that she was provoked and was bluntly honest with Rachel when they finally had a moment to actually talk to one another. I think that of the two girls, Santana is the more sane and honest of the two and she admits to her lonliness. She also points out, rightly, that Rachel is responsible for the fact for her own lack of friendships (as well as accepting that she herself is responsible for her lack). She's not going to back down over the job just yet, but she is showing that she understands Rachel. Probably a lot better than Rachel might like.

And now for Rachel... she can be a facinating and entertaining character to watch on television, but Gods... I would absolutely hate being in the same room with her and would never want to try to be friends with someone like this. She burns through relationships the way some of us go through toilet paper and it's always ME! ME! ME! with her. Friendships are never a two lane street and it's very easy to see why she really has no friends. She had Kurt, but she has tossed him aside whenever Kurt failed (in her eyes) to be perfectly adoring and supporting of her. She then tried to make Elliot into her personal peon and found that he has a much shorter tolerence for her antics than Kurt did. Now she finds herself alone. Again. No friends. Not one to give a crap about her and it's all her own doing. My sympathy for her in non-existant at this point. She's back at the point where she's, at best, tolerated. Even Kurt has reached the point where trying to be friends with her just takes too much work and sacrifice, and only ends up with you being tossed aside when it's convenient for Rachel.

Elliot gave Rachel was too much because he's a nice guy and because he didn't know Rachel all that well, didn't anticipate that she would take everything if he gave her an inch. But he's a smart guy and once he reached his limit for her shennanigans, he put a stop to things very quickly. Rachel can stay his roommate, but only because he needs someone to share expenses with and not because he actually likes her.

As far as the band goes, it's so much better and more cohesive without the two drama queens sucking all the life and oxygen out of the room. Instead of having to cater to two people who can only focus on themselves, Kurt, Dani and Elliot now can work together and genuinely enjoy their collaboration without all the drama. And look... they actually have fans. Love the new name for the band and really wish that this storyline doesn't turn into a dead end because it's got so much nice potential. And I wonder if it's foreshadowing that since it was so easy for the band to eject Santana and Rachel and end up doing better without them, what might that mean for them with Funny Girl? I am getting the feeling that something is going to happen on that end because the two girls just got a nasty wake up call to the fact that they are not indespensible. That has got to sting.

banzai all of this. As for the bolded, I sincerely hope it does. Its what they deserve  Twisted Evil 

valkeakuulas wrote:"I gave you Kurt!" What!? Not only is Kurt now a possesion of Blaine, but he's being passed along like some old sock with literarly everyone except Elliot and Dana. And what good are those two since they'll leave him too in this show.  On top of Rachel turning on Kurt, quite badly written even being the silly Rachel storyline as well, I saw so much WTF moments with the magical trio in McKinley. I didn't think none of the Blamtina did a good job. They were all horrible...seriously.

Agreed. Like I said before, Rachel is like a two year old going through the "MINE!" phase  dryy
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/5/2014, 3:18 pm

Ranwing wrote:And I wonder if it's foreshadowing that since it was so easy for the band to eject Santana and Rachel and end up doing better without them, what might that mean for them with Funny Girl? I am getting the feeling that something is going to happen on that end because the two girls just got a nasty wake up call to the fact that they are not indespensible. That has got to sting.

While the show loves to give Rachel success they also love to teach her a "humility" lesson.   It's almost as if they are telegraphing how bad Rachel has derailed and that the fall is going to be very, very hard.  

Before her next triumph/win, naturally.   coool
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 3/5/2014, 3:20 pm

As anyone else noticed the main things Kurt has been telling Rachel is "You don't own _____"?
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/5/2014, 3:30 pm

Buenos wrote:
Ranwing wrote:And I wonder if it's foreshadowing that since it was so easy for the band to eject Santana and Rachel and end up doing better without them, what might that mean for them with Funny Girl? I am getting the feeling that something is going to happen on that end because the two girls just got a nasty wake up call to the fact that they are not indespensible. That has got to sting.

While the show loves to give Rachel success they also love to teach her a "humility" lesson.   It's almost as if they are telegraphing how bad Rachel has derailed and that the fall is going to be very, very hard.  

Before her next triumph/win, naturally.   coool

I have no doubt that the show is going to end with Rachel getting some ridiculously huge triumph, but the writers would have to be idiots to not throw a major speedbump in her path. They've got another full season to fill after this and l'll be honest here... watching Rachel's head continue to swell while she goes through the motions of rehersals is a bore. I'll have no issue with her getting that huge prize in the end if they try to make it at least something of a struggle on the way there.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/5/2014, 4:29 pm

man, it's like i was watching 2 complete different shows on the same channel. one was a terrible disney teen high school series with amateurish and ott acting and the other was a hyper-reality comedy with superb performances and cast chemistry worthy of any network.

the less said about blaine, tina and sam the better. that was just painful. like teeth puling painful.

the wemma storyline was going from gross to sweet depending on the scene.

while both rachel and santana were awful to everyone, i loved lea and naya in this episode (they were on the top of their game) and quite in character both of them. because rachel and santana are both incredibly selfish and awful women and they bring out those worst insecurities in each other like crazy. great scene at the end where they realize they are basically the same and would have done the same.

loved gloria, the happening and hold on.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/5/2014, 4:40 pm

I want the Gif of Rachel's look when Elliot offered her his couch.

That was awesome.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/5/2014, 5:54 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that "The Happening" with  Kurt as the lead singer of One Three Hill  with a real audience at Callbacks was the first time he got positive audience feedback leading a group  since the  "Candles" duet from Season 2 Regionals at Dalton.

That is a looong spell.   coool 

I love that for once this is Kurt's band, Kurt's idea.   Probably won't last but it was sweet while it was here.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/5/2014, 6:14 pm

I love that Kurt got a bit more than Elliot and Dani in the song. It really shows him as the leader of the group--making decisions that benefit everyone in the group, and giving them all the chance to shine. It's a pity that One Three Hill has an expiration (at least in it's current form). The band will either be forgotten after Adam leaves, or it will suddenly have Blam it and they will become the next Beatles.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next