Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread

+14
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
sheny
fantastica
AnneNeville
coxfire
brisallie
ColferInspired
Buenos
Ranwing
ChrisColferFan1
bayth
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
18 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap6%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap18%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap6%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap12%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap47%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 8 ]
5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap11%5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  bayth 3/5/2014, 6:23 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:or it will suddenly have Blam it and they will become the next Beatles.

With Kurt being put into the role of Ringo. He'll only get to sing once in a blue moon and be in the background.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Buenos 3/5/2014, 6:27 pm

bayth wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:or it will suddenly have Blam it and they will become the next Beatles.

With Kurt being put into the role of Ringo.  He'll only get to sing once in a blue moon and be in the background.

HA!  I'd rather Kurt  retire the band  with the lovely memories of One Three Hill to sustain me.

Of course I'm a biased stan but I thought the best moments of "Hold ON" were all NY.  Especially the ease and group feel of One Three Hill in full hipster/casual mode, it was so nice.   wub wub wub wub wub   And even in that group number Kurt was "leading" them.   I loved that the last "group" shot was of  the attractive "One Three Hill" for HOLD ON.

Wow, again the Noobs completely used as wall paper.

Last edited by Buenos on 3/5/2014, 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/5/2014, 6:32 pm

bayth wrote:

With Kurt being put into the role of Ringo.  He'll only get to sing once in a blue moon and be in the background.

Agree.  :(   :angry:   I totally  believe if Kurt  was still  part  of Adam's Apples and they were still  shown  on screen, that Blaine would most likely take over  and change the  name to Blaine's Bananas   so something similar.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/5/2014, 6:36 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
bayth wrote:

Agree.  :(   :angry:   I totally  believe if Kurt  was still  part  of Adam's Apples and they were still  shown  on screen, that Blaine would most likely take over  and change the  name to Blaine's Bananas   so something similar.

But he isn't and they're gone.

Why is highjacking every conversation to talk about Blaine more important than talking about Kurt?   coool 

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/5/2014, 6:38 pm

Talking about One Three Hill:

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n1z9mu2RCd1qgfb58o1_r1_500

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n1z9mu2RCd1qgfb58o3_r1_500

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n1z9mu2RCd1qgfb58o2_r2_500
x

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n1yywcyDQh1r1v397o2_250  5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n1yywcyDQh1r1v397o1_250

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n1yywcyDQh1r1v397o4_250  5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n1yywcyDQh1r1v397o3_250
x

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n1z9nxJqYe1r28rvzo1_250  5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n1z9nxJqYe1r28rvzo2_250
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/5/2014, 7:55 pm

The ratings where expected to bad, Fox probably expected this anyway.

Blaine mocking depression, I found disgusting. I have it, but don't need medication, but seeing others upset and being done with Glee after seeing this. Way to go Glee.  :angry: 

And Blam treating Artie the way they did.  :angry: 

Last week was a pretty good episode, this week that went back to offensive crap again.  :angry: 

Offending another part of the fandom does not give you back ratings.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/5/2014, 8:26 pm

“The episode may have had a different feel simply because it was the first Glee writing credit for Rivka Sophia Rossi, who’s better known online as Sophia Rossi, one of the founders of Hello Giggles. Interestingly (according to my late-night sleuthing), Rossi is the first woman to have a writing credit on a Glee script since December of 2012, and hers is only the seventh script to be written by a woman during the run of the entire series.”
— Vulture (via bandwagonjumping)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/5/2014, 9:37 pm

^I'm surprised this was written by a woman, with all the timeline errors in the Wemma baby storyline. You'd a female writer would at least know about how pregnancy tests and getting your period before being able to try again works.  Shocked 

But maybe she was simply forced into writing that entire Wemma plot (which lbr should have been part of several episodes, not crammed into 1 episode with a clear canon 1 week window.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/5/2014, 9:44 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^I'm surprised this was written by a woman, with all the timeline errors in the Wemma baby storyline. You'd a female writer would at least know about how pregnancy tests and getting your period before being able to try again works.  Shocked 

But maybe she was simply forced into writing that entire Wemma plot (which lbr should have been part of several episodes, not crammed into 1 episode with a clear canon 1 week window.

Why are you trying to make sense of the Glee time line again? There is no way to make sense of the senseless Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/5/2014, 9:57 pm

^My bad, sorry.  fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/6/2014, 3:30 am

How would Kurt feel as he had to take Ambien after the break up and Blaine mocks depression?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/6/2014, 3:47 am

Wow, that was a whole lot of awful, excluding Kurt. He is truly the only character to grow in the show. Rachel remains a never-learning-my-lesson diva. Santana remains the bitch that isn't good in a relationship she doesn 't control. And Blaine remains the poster child of what not to marry if you want a lasting relationship. The teeny bit Kurt is on shines, he actually is limit setting like an adult and calling people on their crap. I guess that is what I need to take from all this crap. Glee might stick Kurt in a doomed relationship with a.child, but he truly has evolved into a confident and sexy young man who is worth so much more than he is given. And no matter what Glee decides to show me I know the real Kurt Hummel is eventually seduced away from his boybride by a rich and powerful MAN who couldn't stand Kurt being limited by someone who has never attempted to earn Kurt. Some one who realizes that this amazing kind and talented young man should never, ever have been relegated to someone's shadow.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

5x10 "Trio" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty New York edits

Post  Kurt addict 3/6/2014, 6:43 am

Has anyone got the links for the New York edits please? I still can't seem to download episodes I don't know if it's my server or the fact I'm in England but it's driving me mad! Vimeo I can access thanks
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/6/2014, 10:10 am

^If you want more information on how to download e.g. via torrents you can PM me (or Ivana). I usually can find out the links to the NY edits too.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/6/2014, 2:16 pm

^ thank you! i missed it 2 days ago and this is exactly what i wanted.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 3/6/2014, 2:30 pm

Thank you, chris has the best faces  Laughing 
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/6/2014, 2:37 pm

I finally was able to watch the episode and I prefer the last one.

As regards MK, the overacting, derp faces was intentional? I mean, as a way to make it more funny? Honestly, I didn't know if laughed at it or feel embarrased how Jenna, Chord and Darren deliver their scenes, or how they can't actually. So probably that why I couldn't take seriously their suffering from levaing high school and not seeing their friends anymore, oh please as is Glee everybod will be living in NY.

Speaking of NY, first of all at first I was unsure when was announced Adam was gonna be part of the cast, as sometimes guest stars are only brought to increase the ratings and sing songs, sadly this I think is what happening with Demi and if this gonna be her treatment, I think is better for her to go, she's being wasted. But going back to Adam, he's case has been the opposite, and we have seen as Elliot has interacted a lot with Kurtcheltana, and how he even has been involved in this girls drama, and though I've said he's not the best actor, he's quite decent. But talking about the conflict itself, I'm upset with both Rachel and Santana, as Kurt said they're selfish. However, I think this time was Rachel was takes things to another level of egocentrism,selfishness. I'm sorry I sound as a hard kurtsie, but how all of sudden she believes Elliot has done more for her than Kurt? Kurt who has been for her since high school!, and another things, Kurt isn't his property!, and if she "gave" Kurt to Santana is because she decided to leave the loft and push him aside. You know, for a while I've bear Rachel, even I'm a hummelberry fan, though I'm seriously having my doubts at this moment, but now she goes back to be the insufferable Rachel from season one which I disliked a lot.

Still though, and having said, another side of me is kinda worried for Rachel and Santana had a point when she told her his ' problematic disorder personality' or sth like that is causing her trouble, is not like Santana was better, but I think she wasn't as harsh as Rachel, or probably I didn't feel mad as she's not besties with Kurt, but going back to Rachel, I think its time she realizes her actions has consequences, well diva attitude, and yeah she will get all the success she wants, but she won't have anyone to share that. I know sooner or later she will regret this attitude, and will ask Kurt to accept her again, but I insist she can't be a bitch everytime she gets her aim; people has their limits and patience (I've seen that).
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/6/2014, 2:50 pm

brisallie wrote:
You know, for a while I've bear Rachel, even I'm a hummelberry fan, though I'm seriously having my doubts at this moment, but now she goes back to be the insufferable Rachel from season one which I disliked a lot.

Still though, and having said, another side of me is kinda worried for Rachel and Santana had a point when she told her his ' problematic disorder personality' or sth like that is causing her trouble, is not like Santana was better, but I think she wasn't as harsh as Rachel, or probably I didn't feel mad as she's not besties with Kurt, but going back to Rachel, I think its time she realizes her actions has consequences, well diva attitude, and yeah she will get all the success she wants, but she won't have anyone to share that. I know sooner or later she will regret this attitude, and will ask Kurt to accept her again, but I insist she can't be a bitch everytime she gets her aim; people has their limits and patience (I've seen that).

Part of it , Brisallie, is Rachel being Rachel. It's her character to over react and take self absorption to the nth degree.

This is what I would want, but sadly it's not gonna happen:

Once Rachel has an epic fall, and this time I do think the show is going to give her an epic spectacular fall, they've telegraphed it too much, that Kurt is not there to pick up the pieces. Mind you, I don't want him to give her a moralizing, condescending speech about humility either. I just want Kurt to say " listen, I feel for you, but for the moment I'm hurt and I can't get sucked into a relationship that drains everything out of me for your sake. I need to step a way from your insanity a bit, for my own sanity. I still love you but we need a little distance." So I want there to be consequences to Rachel's latest breakdown in her relationship with Kurt. Not to show Kurt is morally superior but simply that's Kurt's a little burned out and needs to think about himself first.

I doubt Glee will give me that.  :( 

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/6/2014, 3:49 pm

Buenos wrote:
brisallie wrote:
You know, for a while I've bear Rachel, even I'm a hummelberry fan, though I'm seriously having my doubts at this moment, but now she goes back to be the insufferable Rachel from season one which I disliked a lot.

Part of it , Brisallie, is Rachel being Rachel.  It's  her character to over react and take self absorption to the nth degree.

This is what I would want, but sadly it's not gonna happen:

Once Rachel has an epic fall, and this time I do think the show is going to give her an epic spectacular fall, they've telegraphed it  too much, that Kurt is not there to pick up the pieces.  Mind you, I don't want him to give her a moralizing, condescending  speech about humility either.  I just want Kurt to say " listen, I feel for you, but for the moment I'm hurt and I can't get sucked into a relationship that drains everything out of me for your sake.  I need to step a way from your insanity a bit, for my own sanity.  I still love you but we need a little distance."    So I want there to be consequences to Rachel's latest breakdown in her relationship with Kurt.   Not to show Kurt is morally superior but simply that's Kurt's a  little burned out and needs to think about himself first.

I doubt Glee will give me that.   :( 

Agree. We have seen in the past how different people, mostly Finn and Kurt, has given her the humility speech, and for a while she regretted for her attitude, but then again she goes back to be full of herself. So for me is not working, and as you said, sadly (is truth I sometimes don't bear her diva attitude, but I don't hate rachel) what she needs is people stop giving her speeches about morality or humility, and just step a way from her, so that's will be the moment in which she realizes her friends are not with her, not even the one who has been more loyal, as Kurt has been, that she needs to change, but a real change. I know it will be hard, but I already see her at 40 years old winning all the awards, if she hasn't stabbing her co-stars and being fired for that, and seeing at the audience, and none of her friends are there. Ok probably I'm overreacting with this.

I'm not asking for Rachel to give up her dreams, actually what I like about her is her determination to get her goals, I've always liked she's not a Mary Sue character. But, does she need to push her beloved people aside in order to get that?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/6/2014, 4:10 pm

I think that one of the biggest stumbling blocks to Rachel actually learning the lessons that the show keeps trying to pound into her is that she never really suffers any lasting consequences for her poor behavior. The one time when someone actually stuck to their guns was when Finn broke up with her over her cheating with Puck (in retaliation for him sleeping with Santana while they were not a couple). Most of the time, Rachel is quickly forgiven. She quits ND after making Tina miserable over a song that she claimed for herself and gets welcomed back to her old position after her other plans fall through. She sends Sunshine to a crack house in order to eliminate some competition and doesn't lose her place as lead. She makes Kurt miserable while floating on her diva airs after winning Winter Showcase (and her behavior was really reprehensible) and he not only immediately forgives her, but signs her up for the auditions that she failed to sign up for herself.

I have no issue with Kurt forgiving Rachel and feeling sorry that her big break fell through so spectacularly, but I also want him to see him take a step back from Hummelberry and focus on his own career instead of worrying about Rachel all the time. The favor is never returned and as much as I think they should be great friends because they understand each other so well, it's too much a one way street. Kurt is as entitled to put his own hopes and aspirations first as Rachel is for a novel change. And it would be nice to see her as supportive of Kurt's endevors as he is of hers, regardless of what is going in on her professional life.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/6/2014, 4:45 pm

To be fair, Rachel does support and tries to boost Kurt's self esteem. There are many examples in Seasons 4 and 5.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 3/6/2014, 5:01 pm

^That's true, but its never at Rachel's expense, she doesn't put anything in her life on hold for him like he does. (Unless I missed a scene, if case please tell me)
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/6/2014, 5:12 pm

Oh, I know she does at times. But just as often she throws him under the bus when he's in the way of something that she wants.

There's an interesting discussion on TWOP now about this real blind spot that Rachel seems to have in how she behaves and that she genuinely doesn't see how others see her behavior at times. I don't believe that Rachel often means to be cruel or insulting in how she treats others, but she is impulsive and often doesn't think before she acts or opens her mouth. She also is absolutely awful at "reading" people so she doesn't see that she is insulting them until they give it back to her with both barrels (like her interactions with Cassandra).

I think that it's really important for part of Rachel's emotional growth that things don't go immediately back to normal between Kurt and Rachel, because normal isn't particularly good for Kurt. Rachel insulted Kurt badly, threw his friendship back in his face and moved out without caring that she might be causing a big disruption in his life. And then behind his back continued to insult him by stating that he had done nothing for her as a friend. She doesn't deserve to be forgiven immediately. Kurt rightly should hold Rachel responsible for what she did during her fit of temper and make it clear that his has a right to be angry with her and this isn't something that he should just ignore in order to preserve the status quo. The status quo has to change, and part of that is Rachel finally learning that she can't continue to abuse people before they finally reach their fed up point and cut her lose.

Rachel, at this point, has a lot more to lose that Kurt does. Rachel might be living with Elliot, but only because he needs to share the rent and not because he likes her. Kurt manages to make friends. He's got his band and I think that it's telling that when the episode ended, Kurt was happy and making music with his band (who are now his friends) while Rachel (and Santana) were alone.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/6/2014, 5:17 pm

YaoiChick wrote:^That's true, but its never at Rachel's expense, she doesn't put anything in her life on hold for him like he does. (Unless I missed a scene, if case please tell me)

Rachel can be considerate and there have been rare times when she has reached out without being prompted. Like in Duets, when she recognized how isolated Kurt was becoming and reached out to him. Of course it was after the competition was over and wasn't going to make a difference (since Kurt did have to perform his duet as a solo act), but it was a nice sentiment. And she did eventually drop out of the school president campaign and threw her support behind Kurt (thought she completely ended up sabatoging him when she tried to stuff the ballot boxes in his favor). She's not a total monster.

But she is inherently selfish in many ways and she does have this big blind spot in how she treats other people. She too often acts as if they should be grateful for the chance to sacrifice on her behalf and honestly, I cannot remember a single time when she gave up something that was of great importance to her to benefit someone else.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/6/2014, 5:40 pm

Well, she was willing to forego NYADA for a year when she realized that Kurt and Finn would not be making the NY journey with her.

I don't want nor expect Rachel to ever become a self sacrificing martyr, that is not her character. She is an over the top, self absorbed, self centered DIVA, and it's one of the things I love about her. Most of the time Kurt rolls his eyes at her.

Yes, She can be infuriatingly smug and oblivious to how others think about her.

What I wish is, lke I said before, that it has consequences for her. Like she's thrown out of a production because of her self centered ways, or Kurt gently pushes her away for being so inconsiderate of him.

I don't expect her to change her innate personality, because the moralizing lectures given to Rachel every single year I"m sick of. Rather that she strike a balance to realizing that others count and that maybe, just maybe, she values more than just Broadway stardom in her life. I don't want her to ever think she can't be successful and happy in a relationship, but Rachel seems clueless what a relationship really entails. Brody and "open ended" doesn't work for her. Finn, sadly, didn't really work because he couldn't "share" her dream. I don't want Rachel deferring her dreams to others, but just getting a clue that to other her dreams are not the important thing in their lives.

Santana, as clueless and insensitive as she is, was right in saying that she saw an opportunity and took it.
She correctly pointed out that Rachel would have done the same thing. The problem is that Rachel isn't as "nice" as she thinks she is. Santana thinks that Rachel is a hypocrite that way and she's not totally wrong.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next