Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer.

+22
ChrisColfersLightning
MissSoniaPP
MoviesAreLife
Delight
Kurt Hummel
Ireth
Lottie2303
mindschemez
ColferInspired
Georgette888
sheny
brisallie
fantastica
Porcelain
tanita_mors
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
bayth
26 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 3 Empty Re: Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer.

Post  fantastica 1/28/2014, 8:15 pm

Ranwing wrote:
fantastica wrote:i think this anime is created for the world market, so it will be voiced in english (american english i assume) in its original soundtrack. it will probably be dubbed in japanese when shown in japan, but its mainly a hollywood movie. i am certainly not complaining. I am more than happy to hear the news. when is it going to be released?

Actually, if it's shown in Japan, it'll more likely be shown in English with subtitles. The two western films that I saw while I was in Japan were subtltled rather than dubbed. They don't seem to have the same issue with having to read while watching a film that we do in the US.

And Chris has a healthy body of Japanese fans, so using him to market the film there would be a big plus. They wouldn't want to lose that.

good to know. i don't want his beautiful voice to be dubbed over.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 3 Empty Re: Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer.

Post  brisallie 1/28/2014, 9:20 pm

Sorry my ignorance, but this film is actually considered as 'anime'? After I put aside my excitement, I was thinking that I haven't seen so many japanese animations done in CGI format, actually I'm not sure if they're fond of it, but from what I've read, they're not against that either.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/28/2014, 9:43 pm

anime is just japanese for cartoons. i think it's based on the word "animation" instead of "cartoon". in chinese they adopt the word "cartoon" instead. both mean the same thing. the production company is japanese so it makes sense to use "anime" to reflect its japanese roots.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/28/2014, 9:44 pm

Technically anime just means a Japanese animated show or film. But there is a distinct look that many fans associate with anime, whether the animation is traditional of CGI that I don't see in this film. I think that the media grabbed onto the anime genre because the production company is Japanese, but the character design in more what we associate with western animation and if the writers are westerners, I don't think we can technically consider this anime. Especially since the original voice actors will all be in westerners and the film done in English.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 1/28/2014, 9:47 pm

Cute image from tumblr:

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 3 Tumblr_n0502wtDof1qg587mo1_1280
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/28/2014, 9:51 pm

i don't see the resemblance, but chris is perfect for this character.  Smile 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/28/2014, 10:15 pm

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 3 Tumblr_n050d32G2r1qe476yo1_r1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/28/2014, 10:20 pm

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 3 Tumblr_n04pua3dSz1swru87o1_400

So am I.  wub
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/28/2014, 10:26 pm

Everytime Chris has a new project the media just explodes and gets excited.

I love it when I see these reactions.  wub
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/28/2014, 10:27 pm

ColferInspired wrote:Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 3 Tumblr_n04pua3dSz1swru87o1_400

So am I.  wub

I am too. wub 
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/28/2014, 10:28 pm

ColferInspired wrote:Everytime Chris has a new project the media just explodes and gets excited.

I love it when I see these reactions.  wub

Agree, wub 
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 1/29/2014, 1:53 am

Oh how i love surprises…and this is such a good one! I never would've guessed an announcement for an animated film…let alone one that starts VO work so soon! Wonder what else he has hidden under his sleeves  hiphopa 

Love the film concept, and that Chris is playing the lead role (and an original role).

The animation as seen from these stills looks so good! The movie is sure to be quality. The character is perfect! I see merchandising.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/29/2014, 2:24 am

Well, there was that tweet last year about exciting things happening.

And we got the book 3 and 4 Tlos and The Curvy Tree picture book and now Robodog.

He loves springing surprises on us fans.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/29/2014, 2:37 am

So they first announced this movie back in May 2013;

http://www.animationmagazine.net/features/marza-animation-to-unleash-robodog-in-cannes/

Marza Animation to Unleash ‘Robodog’ in Cannes
Ramin Zahed May 7th, 2013

Marza Animation Planet, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sega Sammy Holdings Inc. in Japan, has started pre-production on its first original CG-animated feature, Robodog. The news was announced by the studio’s new CEO Masanao Maeda, who recently joined the company after spending 20 years as president and COO of Sega.

Marza has ramped up its animation production capabilities and plans to produce one feature film every 12 months. In addition to Maeda, the Marza animation team includes exec VP Kazunobu Takita, head of production Jeannette Manifold (Happy Feet, All Dogs Go to Heaven) and Ai Inoue and Mei Onishi in charge of marketing and distribution.

Robodog will be directed by Henry F. Anderson III (animation director on Gnomeo & Juliet) and written by Robert Reese. The pic will be produced by Paul Wang (Astro Boy, TMNT).

The movie is described as a “heartwarming family adventure about two dogs that couldn’t be more different from one another. One is a bright and energetic Robotic dog and the other, an old and grumpy real dog who’s seen it all. The unlikely duo make a classic odd couple as they embark on an adventure of a lifetime as they learn about their place in the world and the true nature of friendship.”

Company executives Masanao Maeda, Kazunobu Takita, Ai Inoue and Mie Onishi will be in Cannes at the upcoming film festival to introduce Robodog to sales companies and distributors and explore additional strategic partnerships for this film and other projects in development.

This was the picture released with  that article:

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 3 Robodog-post-510x354
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 1/29/2014, 2:42 am

Nice! So definitely been brewing for a while. I remember Chris always teasing being busy, and there there was a few things he was attached to. Love that we're starting to see what they are!

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/29/2014, 2:42 am

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/29/2014, 2:44 am

Mindschemez wrote:I remember Chris always teasing being busy, and there there was a few things he was attached to. Love that we're starting to see what they are!

Yes, Josh by the summer Chris said he was attached to several movies IIRC, Robo dog was probably one of them.  Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/29/2014, 3:15 am

Buenos wrote:
Mindschemez wrote:I remember Chris always teasing being busy, and there there was a few things he was attached to. Love that we're starting to see what they are!

Yes, Josh by the summer Chris said he was attached to several movies IIRC, Robo dog was probably one of them.  Razz

Now how about these other movies Chris?

Whatever they are we might have to wait until something is released.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 1/29/2014, 6:24 am

bounce 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/29/2014, 11:19 am

mindschemez wrote:Oh how i love surprises…and this is such a good one! I never would've guessed an announcement for an animated film…let alone one that starts VO work so soon! Wonder what else he has hidden under his sleeves  hiphopa 

Love the film concept, and that Chris is playing the lead role (and an original role).

The animation as seen from these stills looks so good! The movie is sure to be quality. The character is perfect! I see merchandising.
Pluche dogs, action figures, jigsaw puzzles, backpacks, pencases?  danse3

You might have to include Robodog in your avatar.  tonguue
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/29/2014, 11:16 pm

^ computer games/apps! such as AngryDogs.  tonguue 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/30/2014, 2:46 am

bounce 

This is such exciting news! He has a lead role in an animated movie! This can become a huge thing, with families watching it and all the franchising opportunities.

And Robodog kind of looks like Chris, so cute!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 1/30/2014, 2:56 am

Kids at his signings for TLOS4:

"Are you robodog?"  crycry

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/30/2014, 3:17 am

mindschemez wrote:Kids at his signings for TLOS4:

"Are you robodog?"  crycry

That would be just beautiful if that happened.  wub

If there are plushies, I am getting one.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 1/30/2014, 6:20 am

mindschemez wrote:Oh how i love surprises…and this is such a good one! I never would've guessed an announcement for an animated film…let alone one that starts VO work so soon! Wonder what else he has hidden under his sleeves  hiphopa

Even though I kinda want to know every single project that is on Chris agenda right now, I love it that he holds it close to his chest. It is HW and project fall through easily and people can very easily blame the wrong person. It is pretty exciting what is up his sleeve, and what we do not even consider the slightest. Who would have thought he’d start voicing a lead character for an animation movie already in February?!

I am very excited! This is great news indeed.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next