Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer.

+22
ChrisColfersLightning
MissSoniaPP
MoviesAreLife
Delight
Kurt Hummel
Ireth
Lottie2303
mindschemez
ColferInspired
Georgette888
sheny
brisallie
fantastica
Porcelain
tanita_mors
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
bayth
26 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 5 Empty Re: Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer.

Post  mindschemez 2/4/2014, 3:09 am

Was the whole movie recording done on Saturday? *knows nothing about animation*  blushh 

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 5 Empty Re: Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer.

Post  Georgette888 2/4/2014, 3:11 am

No. I believe they were doing promos?
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 2/4/2014, 9:20 am

Am late to the party due to recent travels, but I just want to drop by to squee over Chris's latest venture into voice-acting. I've been impressed by his 'whoa' as a random dog on Marmaduke (yes, I am easily impressed when it comes to Chris and I am not ashamed), so I'm really looking forward to his role as one of the main (dog) characters of this animation.

Here's hoping for a great script and a beloved character in Robodog. Chris seems to like the story, and there's at least one great feedback about Chris's voice-acting skills, so I'm harbouring high hopes  Smile 
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/4/2014, 11:08 am

Delight wrote:I've been impressed by his 'whoa' as a random dog on Marmaduke (yes, I am easily impressed when it comes to Chris and I am not ashamed),...
Okay, time to confess and show hands:
How many of us here on the forum only rented/watched 'Marmaduke' for the sole reason to hear Chris for 10 seconds as drama dog #2?  Smile 

Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 5 Brittany_raises_wrong_hand
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/4/2014, 12:43 pm

I endured Marmaduke in TV, it isn't that bad of a film.

I usually don't like all the merchandise these animations produce around them, but Robodog looks so cute. Perfect gift ideas for the kids everyone keeps having around me. I still do think it's a plus that all the money doesn't go to Disney, so buying the eventual merchandise will be a show of support for a newcomer in the cartoon industry.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/4/2014, 12:49 pm

I know he was doing promotions, but that was a very thick stack of papers that Chris had in front of him in  the sound studio; so I'm guessing promos and movie voice over script work.

Killing two birds with one stone.  They did say voice over was starting in Feb.

So he writes in between takes, VoiceOver on weekends, and goes to celebrity parties in the evenings, does the man sleep? tonguue

Last edited by Buenos on 2/5/2014, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/5/2014, 12:04 pm

This is wonderful news!!!! I can't wait!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 2/6/2014, 1:53 pm

bounce bounce bounce 
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/16/2014, 11:36 pm

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/16/2014, 11:39 pm

i am not sure how animation production works. i assume they cannot do the final animation/artwork part until the voices are done, because they would have to match the mouth movements to the words spoken. they may have some initial rough drawings done so the voice actors get the sense what their characters are doing. this is mostly my guess. does anybody know the actual work flow? when is this movie supposed to be out/released?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/17/2014, 12:19 am

I always thought that the animation was done beforehand, according to the script. And then the actors record their dialogue and attempt to match their vocals to the projected, animated image exactly. They are dubbed in afterward.

Does this mean they are already done? Wow! That was fast....

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/17/2014, 12:38 am

fantastica wrote:i am not sure how animation production works. i assume they cannot do the final animation/artwork part until the voices are done, because they would have to match the mouth movements to the words spoken. they may have some initial rough drawings done so the voice actors get the sense what their characters are doing. this is mostly my guess. does anybody know the actual work flow? when is this movie supposed to be out/released?

We most probably get a release date later in the year.  neutre

I wish I knew how production works for these types of movies, but I don't.  saispa

I thought they had the animation done as well.

But I have seen some animation films bts and seen actors looking a screen with their character on and speaking as their character as the scene plays out.

So, maybe they did it this way with all the animation already done or they did it a different way.  saispa
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/17/2014, 1:21 am

haha, my good friend just sent me this, which pretty much answered my earlier question:

http://cgi.tutsplus.com/articles/step-by-step-how-to-make-an-animated-movie--cg-3257 (is she reading my post?)

neutre

so, according to this article, voice recording is in the post production. so did they make the actors match the mouth movements (as in dubbing)?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/17/2014, 3:42 am

fantastica wrote:haha, my good friend just sent me this, which pretty much answered my earlier question:

http://cgi.tutsplus.com/articles/step-by-step-how-to-make-an-animated-movie--cg-3257 (is she reading my post?)

neutre

so, according to this article, voice recording is in the post production. so did they make the actors match the mouth movements (as in dubbing)?

That's a useful link! So I guess they do make the actors match the mouth movements.

That means this movie will be ready quite soon!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/17/2014, 9:48 am

Summary

http://www.timelessfilms.co.uk/films/robodog

The Story

KC (CHRIS COLFER) arrives as a special birthday gift from the well-to-do Morgan family to their only daughter, ASHLEY. From the moment that KC arrives, everyone is thrilled and charmed by his antics. He’s a dancing, music machine built to entertain, and no one does it better. KC quickly becomes Ashley’s BFF… Best Furry Friend. He leads a charmed life, but it’s not the life of a dog. It’s the life of a high-end toy. When KC takes a tumble while showing off, he gets damaged and is sent out to be repaired. He doesn’t realize it, but his life is about to change forever.

After being dropped off at MIKE LUNA’s robotics shop by the tearful Ashley, KC sits alone on the repair shelf waiting to be fixed. The earthy repair shop couldn’t be more different from the opulent Morgan home. KC feels like a fish out of water when a mysterious figure emerges from the shadows. It’s MARSHALL (RON PERLMAN), the Luna family guard dog. Marshall’s a gruff old mutt who takes an immediate dislike to the young KC. KC’s not used to being challenged and dismisses Marshall. At the same time, KC can’t help be somewhat fascinated by the first “real” dog that he’s ever met.

Shortly after KC is repaired, he’s stolen from the robotics shop by a couple of opportunistic bikers, VIK and BOBBY. As the ever the dutiful guard dog, Marshall takes the theft personally and pursues the bikers, determined that KC won’t be stolen on his watch. After finding the thieves, KC and MARSHALL escape into uncharted territory, all the while bickering like an old married couple.

Pursued by Vik and Bobby, KC and Marshall are thrown into a series of thrilling adventures. They battle with street dogs in an abandoned iron foundry, flounder down a turbulent river and arrive in a land of mysterious gophers who are absolutely captivated by the head-spinning, music-playing KC. Fuelled by revenge, Vik and Bobby pursue the dogs, getting closer by the day. The only way that KC and Marshall will survive is if they learn to work together and trust each other. Can they put aside their differences long enough to elude their pursuers and make it back to their respective homes?

ROBODOG is a story of friendship. It’s about appreciating what’s inside, regardless of the packaging. An old dog can have his preconceptions overturned and become young again, and a mechanical dog made of circuits, gears and carbon fiber can prove himself to be loyal, brave and trustworthy.

Now I see why Chris wanted to do this.  wub
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/17/2014, 9:57 am

^That sounds like a very good story. I'm sure a lot of kids (and grown ups) will love it.

And this caught my eye:

He’s a dancing, music machine built to entertain, and no one does it better.
This might mean more of Chris singing.....  hiphopa

Last edited by Glorfindel on 2/17/2014, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/17/2014, 10:01 am

Glorfindel wrote:^That's sounds like a very good story. I'm sure a lot of kids (and grown ups) will love it.

And this caught my eye:

He’s a dancing, music machine built to entertain, and no one does it better.
This might mean more of Chris singing.....  hiphopa

Could be.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/17/2014, 10:20 am

That is a good plot, a bit Upish, but it's still a good basic story. I can already taste the adorable but also smart.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/17/2014, 10:58 am

valkeakuulas wrote:That is a good plot, a bit Upish, but it's still a good basic story. I can already taste the adorable but also smart.
The story is similar to several animated movies which usually has 1 character stranded in the 'wild' and another, more street savvy character takes them (reluctantly) under their wing. In the end they both learn from one another.
Like 'Bolt', 'Finding Nemo' and even 'Lady and the Tramp'.

It's a solid formula for a kid's movie, and if it's executed right it can still be a fresh and fun story to watch.
I think my kids will love this.  neutre 

And I can't stop imagining Chris as a blue, young (robo)dog jumping up and down excitedly, dancing and bouncing around to entertain his owner.  Razz

Lol,and I suddenly have to think of this:
Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 5 Tumblr_n08igoyP821qbk6j8o1_400  Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 5 Tumblr_mk2ptdE8UQ1qfphyto3_250  Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 5 D4
 Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/17/2014, 11:10 am

I can't imagine Chris signing up to do a project unless he thought that the storyline had something new and interesting to say. As a writer himself, he wouldn't want to participate in a project that didn't have a good script, so I'm not at all surprised that this one really sounds like a quality project.

And yes, the chance for Chris to sing in the film? Bring on the Oscar nominations!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/17/2014, 11:42 am

Ranwing wrote:And yes, the chance for Chris to sing in the film? Bring on the Oscar nominations!
DON'T SAY THAT!!!  Shocked  ............................  ded
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/17/2014, 12:19 pm

Glorfindel wrote:And I can't stop imagining Chris as a blue, young (robo)dog jumping up and down excitedly, dancing and bouncing around to entertain his owner.  Razz

Lol,and I suddenly have to think of this:
Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 5 Tumblr_n08igoyP821qbk6j8o1_400  Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 5 Tumblr_mk2ptdE8UQ1qfphyto3_250  Robodog featuring the voice talent of Chris Colfer. - Page 5 D4
 Smile

That is still one of the most cutest, two second thing they've done ever.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/17/2014, 12:42 pm

I don't think there's a voice over/dubbing category in Oscar, but yay for Chris singing! So happy!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/17/2014, 12:44 pm

fantastica wrote:I don't think there's a voice over/dubbing category in Oscar,  but yay for Chris singing! So happy!

But there is a category for best animated feature film, for which RoboDog can definately be considered. There is also a category for best original song in a motion picture. If Chris sings a signfigant song that was written specifically for RoboDog, it would be eligable for Oscar consideration.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/17/2014, 12:50 pm

In anime the  song is usually the end and/or opening credits.  Let's just hope that it will happen.  Im sure if singing is required,  Chris was an obvious choice for the role.  He should be an easy pick for peter pan too.

Last edited by fantastica on 2/17/2014, 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next