Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15

+26
Delight
bayth
Kurt Hummel
ladydianab
M&M
Ireth
MoviesAreLife
SippyCupofLuv
ChrisColferFan1
Georgette888
brisallie
Divalicious
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
sheny
arina
fantastica
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
opals
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Buenos
30 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/23/2013, 2:07 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Buenos wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
Buenos wrote:Well I'm focusing more that it's a NY character, and it's all good if they are genuinely trying to beef up that narrative.

A bunch of 20 something people (the actor auditioning) in the theatrical world is the vibe I'm getting.  And yes, it looks like Rachel did not get "Funny Girl."

But happy for NY characters, less chance of 5 minute cameos...Razz 
What makes you think she didn't get it? ::curious:: I missed something, didn't I?
The character Henry after Rachel leaves the audition, when asked for his input,  comments on how she's too young and green.
That sucks for Rachel, but you know what? If that's true and she didn't make it, I won't complain. Sometimes characters need to be hit with an anvil called "Reality" in order to get back on track, and Rachel's always been a dreamer. This, along with Finn's death, I think will humble her quite a bit, which in the long run is good for her character. She'll be the same one-track minded Rachel Berry we all know and love, but more mature.
Losing Finn and Fanny in the same year will suck so badly for Rachel. But perhaps she'll take notes from her long suffering friend Kurt Hummel and learn to grow stronger from these setbacks.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15

Post  Buenos 8/23/2013, 2:12 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:
I actually love it so much! I love the old fashioned, rock feel. This is so different from the usual Hummelberry duet...those two always sing old fashioned pop rather than rock. Old songs from movies (Get Happy/Happy Days Are Here Again) and Broadway ballads (Defying Gravity, Bring Him Home, For Good). I love this! These two are letting their hair down, so to speak.
Bingo!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/23/2013, 2:15 am

Buenos wrote:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15 - Page 4 Tumblr_mry7aazQVU1qdivjro1_400

Phoebe Strole will be the next Broadway babe swinging her way onto glee this September. The former spring awakening colleague and a dear friend of Lea Michele, was happily confirmed on @msleamichele’s twitter page today. There is no news yet on what her role will be or which side of the glee world she will be on. She will be joining the new star studded members who will be taking part in the new york side of things, Adam Lambert and Demi Levato. Who knows, maybe we will get a springful awakening. Who knows?

Glee returns - THU Sept. 26 at 9/8c
This looks promising.

They picked great guest stars this year, not that there was anything wrong with Kate and SJP.

I am surprised by how excited I am for the Santana/Dani (Demi's character) relationship. I am looking forward to a real lesbian relationship to be shown on this show. Brittana was cute at first, but it was really just a joke. Ryan Murphy even admits to the faults of that pairing in a way that he would never talk about Finchel or Klaine. He admits that Brittana was doomed from the start...a long running joke just because the fans wanted them together. They should have kept Brittany ditzy and not dumbed her down so much. It was hard to take the relationship seriously when Brittany became so dumb that she could not function and ate cat poop. So I am so looking forward to Santana moving on and to Naya playing off romantic scenes with a character who has the an IQ above 40 and with an actress who possibly isn't as unenthusiastic about same sex scenes as Heather was.

Quinntana was really fun, but Quinn was just a straight girl who was experimenting. Dianna was lovely in those scenes though. But YAY to Santana having a real relationship for once!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/23/2013, 2:22 am

Buenos wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
I actually love it so much! I love the old fashioned, rock feel. This is so different from the usual Hummelberry duet...those two always sing old fashioned pop rather than rock. Old songs from movies (Get Happy/Happy Days Are Here Again) and Broadway ballads (Defying Gravity, Bring Him Home, For Good). I love this! These two are letting their hair down, so to speak.
Bingo!
I can SO see these two teasing each other fondly with nicknames like Loretta and Jojo! tonguue 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/23/2013, 2:31 am

Santana is my third favourite, so I hope they don't ruin her storyline with Demi's character. dryy 

I can't wait to hear "Get Back". Smile 

I want this song now, but I know we'll have to wait for a couple of weeks. Unless they release it early.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/23/2013, 2:36 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:This looks promising.

They picked great guest stars this year, not that there was anything wrong with Kate and SJP.

I am surprised by how excited I am for the Santana/Dani (Demi's character) relationship. I am looking forward to a real lesbian relationship to be shown on this show. Brittana was cute at first, but it was really just a joke. Ryan Murphy even admits to the faults of that pairing in a way that he would never talk about Finchel or Klaine. He admits that Brittana was doomed from the start...a long running joke just because the fans wanted them together. They should have kept Brittany ditzy and not dumbed her down so much. It was hard to take the relationship seriously when Brittany became so dumb that she could not function and ate cat poop. So I am so looking forward to Santana moving on and to Naya playing off romantic scenes with a character who has the an IQ above 40 and with an actress who possibly isn't as unenthusiastic about same sex scenes as Heather was.

Quinntana was really fun, but Quinn was just a straight girl who was experimenting. Dianna was lovely in those scenes though. But YAY to Santana having a real relationship for once!
Heather and Brittany's extra low IQ were the reason why I didn't like Brittana too. It felt wrong like Santana was dating a child who has no idea what's going on in the world around her.
Heather's behavior didn't help and made me dislike the couple more. She acted like she didn't care at all about the importance this relationship had for the LGBT community. She even said she preferred working with Chord. When interviewers asked her questions about Glee or Brittana she couldn't look more uninterested. Not that she is obligated to like the show but compared to other cast members who really care about their work and their characters she didn't deserve the amount of songs and screentime they gave her.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/23/2013, 2:38 am

Listen, how could any relationship be worse than Brittanna with Brittany releasing sex tapes and sleeping with Santana and Artie because the plumbing was diffrerent?

The Demi character is described as a struggling artist which means she's not a NYADA student , to I'm getting a whole "young artists trying to make ends meet in NY" vibe for Demi/Lambert, etc. Maybe everyone is in an indie Band, which is sad because that is what I always wanted for Finn in NY. :( 

Overall Santana was treated the worst of all the regulars so I can't begrudge her SL focus now. Take away time from the Newbies but I wouldn't bitch myself about Santana finally getting SL's and a LI.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/23/2013, 3:57 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Oh, this is going to be so perfect. I'm going to cry for sure. I've wanted this song since I stumbled upon this show in early/mid season two. I wanted it for the S3 graduation, but this is even more powerful. I wish it didn't come at the price of Cory, though.

There is no way Blaine will sing the male solo, guys. The female and male solos of this song will take the strongest voices in the cast to sing them. For the guys, this would be Artie for the kid cast and Will for the adults. Maybe Kurt also. As for adult females with stronger voices....I don't know. But for the kid cast...Tina, Santana, Rachel and Mercedes will all do just fine. Actually, there is a second female solo toward the end of the song in which she has to hit the high C note. Maybe Lea would be able to...I was impressed with her range as Maria in WSS. It would be appropriate for her to sing the glory note to her dead lover. But you know, Amber would probably be the best choice for the highest note. She has the strongest voice and the highest range. She sang opera in "I Do" and she sang the highest note of the entire cast so far...that note she hit in "Jump". Amber may be perfect for it due to her powerful voice.
With all due respect for her singing abilities, but I don't think Lea can do that 2nd solo, it should go to Amber.

I hope they divide both the male and the female solos amongst the original cast, so everyone (at least the original 5 and perhaps Will/Matt) will get a few solo lines.

I have some serious doubts and reservations about the tribute episode itself (with these writers) but the songs will probably reduce me to a crying mess. :( 
Hopefully the cast can get some cathartic healing out of singing those songs. Let it all out and turn it into something good, so to speak.
I wish them strength.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/23/2013, 5:20 am

The problem with the new relationship between Santana and Dani is quite frankly that one actress is stunt casting. We know from the start Demi Lavato won't be around for the long run and the relationship will fail. So in case her character gets popular once again, RIB still have no choice but write her off the show. I thought they would have learnt from S4, as especially the character of Isabelle provided so many great opportunities, but they had to minimize her character as she was portrayed by SJP.

It bothers me so much how many actors get cast for Glee, who only try to promote their other projects. I want to see characters and follow them. It bothers me how the regular cast will get less screentime and songs, because there needs to be space for the stunt-casting actors. I am happy they extend NYC, but they could have done that last year already. Only Kurt, Rachel and Santana provided so much potential and they wasted it for stupid HS storylines. I am also afraid t will only mean less Kurt. I hope he will at least be present during those scenes. I mean, in the past he also wasn't always prominent, but at least we got great background moments.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/23/2013, 7:07 am

Maybe they hired Demi Lovato to be Santana's temporarily gf, hoping that in season 6 Brittany will be back?

Maybe Heather will return to Glee for its final season, after the baby's first year?
I know people are saying she is completely done with Glee, but you never know. saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/23/2013, 7:23 am

Glorfindel wrote:Maybe they hired Demi Lovato to be Santana's temporarily gf, hoping that in season 6 Brittany will be back?

Maybe Heather will return to Glee for its final season, after the baby's first year?
I know people are saying she is completely done with Glee, but you never know. saispa
Yeah, but that it is. They never even bother to make midgame couples legitimate. Demi hasb't even started yet and we already know the end of her relationship storyline. That bothers me. Considering Britannia also made zero sense and was pure fanpandering, I'd love to see a greatly developed lesbian storyline.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/23/2013, 7:46 am

I don't like this trend of casting famous guest stars for a couple of episodes either... New York needs more people and basicaly all new characters there except for Brody and Adam (who you almost wouln't notice if you blinked) last year were celebrities, Kate Hudson, SJP, Whoopie's character.... And I am worried this is not going to change, we need real reccuring characters who will be there through the whole season...How am I supposed to care for relationship (whatever it's friendship, romantic one or whatever) of the new character with regular character If I knew that in couple of episodes I'll never see that character again? I think they should exstablished at least some Vogues coleagues last year for example, that way would people enjoy Vogue storyline much more if they already knew someone there except for Kurt... the same with NYADA. They just wasted the whole year for nothing instead of establishing that place, making it interesting...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/23/2013, 7:48 am

^I agree. They should stop with the guest stars who only are available for a few episodes, and introduce more permanent (background) characters.

Lottie2303 wrote:Yeah, but that it is. They never even bother to make midgame couples legitimate. Demi hasb't even started yet and we already know the end of her relationship storyline. That bothers me. Considering Britannia also made zero sense and was pure fanpandering, I'd love to see a greatly developed lesbian storyline.
Oh, I get you.
The way Glee 'develops' romantic relationships with their endgame and midgame shtick is horrible. Just look at Kadam. :( 

But since they indeed hardly put any effort into developing the lesbian relationships and Santana as a lesbian in the show, they could just simply let Santana have a midgame relationship in season 5, and bring back Brittany for the final of season 6. 
That's how they work, not how I would like it. dryy

Last edited by Glorfindel on 8/23/2013, 7:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/23/2013, 7:50 am

You know, I feel kind of weird about them doing "Seasons of Love." I am a huge "Rent" fan. I've seen it over 50 times onstage (including with the original Broadway cast), and it really changed my life. I have been wanting them to do this song since season 1.

And though I think it's a good song choice for the tribute episode, I'm not completely excited about it right now because of the reason behind it. It just takes on such a different meaning knowing that they are singing it for Cory instead of it just singing it because it's a great song.

I'm guessing that Amber will be the female soloist, and I'm hoping that either Matt, Kevin, or Chris get the male solo. I hope that any of the original cast members who wanted to come back for this episode were allowed to be part of the episode.

This is going to be a tough episode to watch, but I really hope everyone tunes in. As hard as it will be for us to watch, it is going to be much harder for the cast and crew to film it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/23/2013, 7:53 am

I have never seen tv show that would make midgame relationship as a joke the way as Glee does...Why they cannot be more like Gilmore Girls for example... Everyone knew at some point that Lorelai will end up with Luke and still every one of her other relatioship had good screentime, was developed and treated like a real relationship...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/23/2013, 8:08 am

arina wrote:I have never seen tv show that would make midgame relationship as a joke the way as Glee does...Why they cannot be more like Gilmore Girls for example... Everyone knew at some point that Lorelai will end up with Luke and still every one of her other relatioship had good screentime, was developed and treated like a real relationship...
Yeah, also they made sense. She had quite a few relationships I could totally see working for the long-run. I like being invested. I like to see when characters/human beings are actually suitable for more then one person. I am still waiting for that one TV show that will dismiss endgame couples entirely and show there is more to life then just one person.

Marie, I totally agree, this is Glee. Still. it bothers. Overall, there really need to be more NYC characters, that can actually stay.Glee is also not doing themselves a favor. The overall reaction about Demi Lavarto was annoyance and criticism.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/23/2013, 10:24 am

Look, it' bad quality but I think this is entire part of the Klaine duet they are going to use in the episode

http://fallingintoaworldoflight.tumblr.com/post/59097661294/gleefilmingstuffs-hey-all-heres-a-bit-of-a
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/23/2013, 10:53 am

arina wrote:Look, it' bad quality but I think this is entire part of the Klaine duet they are going to use in the episode

http://fallingintoaworldoflight.tumblr.com/post/59097661294/gleefilmingstuffs-hey-all-heres-a-bit-of-a
Can someone provide a quick summary and voice allocation? I cannot listen right now :( 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/23/2013, 11:29 am

Lottie2303 wrote:
arina wrote:Look, it' bad quality but I think this is entire part of the Klaine duet they are going to use in the episode

Can someone provide a quick summary and voice allocation? I cannot listen right now :( 
ETA: dont mind me anymore Smile
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/23/2013, 11:54 am

Chris' beautiful vibration in the first lines sound so good. Reminds me of Rufus Wainwrights clear tones.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/23/2013, 12:03 pm

The both sound really good to me.

And yes, Chris does sing first with the opening verse with my untrained ears.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/23/2013, 12:04 pm

Phoebe Strole, member of the original cast of the 2006 musical Spring Awakening, is reuniting with co-star Lea Michele on Michele’s Fox series Glee. Strole, repped by APA and Principal Entertainment NY, will recur as Penny Owen, a sophomore in college who wants to get into nursing school and who becomes Sam’s (Chord Overstreet) new love interest.

[Source]
So she won't be part of Rachel's storyline. If she is a college sophomore in NYC this means Sam is going there too I don't want him in NY. Maybe the college is in Ohio.

Last edited by sheny on 8/23/2013, 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/23/2013, 12:06 pm

http://www.eonline.com/news/451703/glee-cast-begins-production-on-cory-monteith-tribute-episode-you-will-cry-from-beginning-to-end?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-tvnews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=rss_tvnews

Gut-wrenching" and "so, so good."

We've talked to sources who have read the script for Glee's Cory Monteith tribute episode, which is scheduled to begin production today in Los Angeles, and by all accounts, it does not disappoint.

"You will cry from beginning to end," says one insider.

"I cried as I read it, on every page," says another.

No spoilers here, but we can tell you that the episode takes place in Lima, Ohio, and centers around the death of Cory's character Finn Hudson. As promised, it is not revealed how Finn died, but the episode starts off with the news of his death and then moves on to focus on all the characters remembering and mourning him, and celebrating his life.

We are told that Lea Michele (Rachel) does not appear in the episode until the final act. Her presence is limited but incredibly powerful. And yes, she does sing.

We can also tell you that Santana (Naya Rivera) has a great, memorable part in the episode.

And the final song? Get ready to ugly cry.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/23/2013, 12:09 pm

Wow, so it took all of 5 seconds for them to think of hooking up Sam with yet another LI. Laughing  Sam is the biggest joke as far as relationships on Glee.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/23/2013, 12:14 pm

^ If this means no more Blam I'm all for it. I hope Sam will be very busy with his new GF and won't have time to sing duets, run around in superhero costume and have pointless bro scenes with Blaine anymore.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next