Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 14

+27
teardrop
Delight
Vir Cotto
bayth
opals
M&M
Buenos
wickedwitch
Georgette888
brisallie
ColdFlame96
SippyCupofLuv
sheny
arina
coxfire
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
Divalicious
Ranwing
ColferInspired
tanita_mors
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
AnneNeville
Jellyrolls
31 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 14 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 14

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/17/2013, 12:30 am

brisallie wrote:Is so funny to see how everyone think that Chris is already the male lead on Glee, whilst Fox don't see the same. And you know, isn't because they're blind, but is because they're  a bunch of hypocrites, whose said to be open minded and Glee is supposed to be a gay friendly series, and when Chris won the GG, they congratulated him. But, by other side, a gay character played by a gay actor isn't allowed to be the lead male.  Sometimes I'm wondered, what if Chris would have been a straight actor playing a gay character, would have been allowed to be the male lead? Would have been less troubled?
Seeing how hard they are pushing Blarren, I think it would've been a piece of cake.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 14 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 14

Post  Vir Cotto 8/17/2013, 2:14 am

sheny wrote:
Dani: So glad Glee isn’t having Finn die of a drug overdose. That would be too much. Do you have any other info on season five?
While no one will ever be able to replay Cory Monteith, we have heard that Glee is looking to cast a new male lead, and this character will be a major recurring guest star in the new season. All we know right now is that he’ll be handsome, older than the kids at McKinley and in New York, and duh, he can sing. Maybe a new teacher?
And with that the fantasies Blarren stans had for him becoming the new lead are shattered. Razz  Not that the show needs a new macho to lead ND but I guess it's better than Blee. Too bad FOX are such a*holes and never will accept that Chris has been their real male lead very so long. There is a reason why they use him for promotion along with Lea (their female lead) and why he is the only one from the boys who was nominated and won so many awards
How can anyone be the new male lead if he's only recurring? A lead needs to be in virtually every episode and carry a major portion of the storyline. No recurring guest star could do that. Matt was the male lead in S1, Chris and Cory were the de facto male leads from S2 all the way to S4 when Darren usurped their position (and the ratings crashed and burned because of it). No guest star could do what they did, he'd have to be a regular.
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/17/2013, 2:26 am

Glee is a show where guest stars like Melissa, Blake and Jacob get more songs and screentime than fan favourite regulars like Chris, Naya and Cory. I doubt the new guy's recurring status will stop RIB/FOX from trying to make him the new male lead. The newbies were just recurring guest stars last season but they were in every episode and had a major portion of the storylines.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/17/2013, 3:50 am

Matt wants out; the rumours are such, his interviews tend to bear it out and Jayma's few appearances and new show attest to it too. I think there is a probability that Finn being at McK was a gradual write out, allowing Finn to take over from Mr Schu. Now...
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/17/2013, 5:28 am

No wonder he wants out. At first he got cast as main well written character on original interesting tv show, now he plays rather minor very badly written character on crap tv show... He is maybe the most talented person on Glee, he definitely deserves more.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/17/2013, 9:10 am

Kevin will probably sing 'Let It Be'. neutre 

At least the writers have 1 thing right in the Beatles episodes.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/17/2013, 9:16 am

I love Kevin, he is my favorite male singer on the show, he is terrible underused and deserves it so much and so I feel really terrible that besides being really really happy for him I am also jelaous everytime spoiler like this come out because I really really want for once Chris singing a hit like this...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/17/2013, 9:20 am

^I feel exactly the same. 

New promo (too much Blee and noobs, imo):

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/17/2013, 9:28 am

Glorfindel wrote:^I feel exactly the same. 

New promo (too much Blee and noobs, imo):

Wow, that is going to make fans want to watch. *heavy sarcasm*

And they are adoring Blaine still. vomir
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/17/2013, 10:45 am

TPTB never seem to realize that if you have to keep telling the audience that they should love a character that something might not be working with said characters.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/17/2013, 11:40 am

Glorfindel wrote:Kevin will probably sing 'Let It Be'. neutre 

He sang that for his audition!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/17/2013, 11:59 am

This promo is just filled with old crap, right?

I never see the point of doing promos with old shots from the previous season. Well, I guess this goes along with the original S4 time distribution: 90% of McKinley and 10% of Kurt and Rachel. They are not promising anything new I see.

I'm seriously getting tired of their games and ready to just spew at every moment. Who cares that Glee starts on the 26th Sep? Has some section of fandom gotten excited about this promo? saispa
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/17/2013, 12:02 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:This promo is just filled with old crap, right?

I never see the point of doing promos with old shots from the previous season. Well, I guess this goes along with the original S4 time distribution: 90% of McKinley and 10% of Kurt and Rachel. They are not promising anything new I see.

I'm seriously getting tired of their games and ready to just spew at every moment. Who cares that Glee starts on the 26th Sep? Has some section of fandom gotten excited about this promo? saispa
They are shooting themselves in the foot.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 8/17/2013, 12:17 pm

The promo is indeed mostly (entirely?) made up of shots from the previous season. Don't really see the point of it, to be honest.

Divalicious wrote:TPTB never seem to realize that if you have to keep telling the audience that they should love a character that something might not be working with said characters.  
They're flogging a dead horse, expecting it to gallop.

I agree that they've tried really hard to make Blaine the love-able, perfect boyfriend at the start-- confident gay mentor who teaches Kurt 'courage', standing up to Karofsky in defence of Kurt in the 'Night of Neglect' episode, serenading Kurt in the school courtyard (and boy, little did we expect that to turn out to be an ongoing seasoning opening tradition on Glee), switching schools "to be with the person he loves", being so selfless as to consider turning down the role of Tony in the WSS musical, getting slushied on behalf of Kurt, being supportive of Kurt as he faced his NYADA application jitters.

When that backfired (they probably realized that the Blaine they wrote turned out to be as flat and bland a character as they come), they tried to introduce 'flaws' into Blaine. Hence, the physical cheating (facebook guy); after which, to keep Blaine as a character that people can sympathize with, they had Blaine acting all teary and heartbroken during the Grease audition and his one phone conversation with Kurt. (Unfortunately, the rest of the time, Blaine is emotionally cheating on Kurt with Sam, and getting fixated on Sam's lips).
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/17/2013, 12:24 pm

Delight wrote:When that backfired (they probably realized that the Blaine they wrote turned out to be as flat and bland a character as they come), they tried to introduce 'flaws' into Blaine. Hence, the physical cheating (facebook guy); after which, to keep Blaine as a character that people can sympathize with, they had Blaine acting all teary and heartbroken during the Grease audition and his one phone conversation with Kurt. (Unfortunately, the rest of the time, Blaine is emotionally cheating on Kurt with Sam, and getting fixated on Sam's lips).
But Kurt and Blaine weren't together when Blaine had a crush in Sam, so he didnt emotionally cheat. He did, however, prove that he is more in love with the idea of being in love than he was with Kurt.

Now what he did with Sebastian in season 3 was emotional cheating. He texted him, called him, and went in coffee dates with him behind Kurts back.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/17/2013, 12:45 pm

Delight wrote:The promo is indeed mostly (entirely?) made up of shots from the previous season. Don't really see the point of it, to be honest.

Divalicious wrote:TPTB never seem to realize that if you have to keep telling the audience that they should love a character that something might not be working with said characters.  
They're flogging a dead horse, expecting it to gallop.
They've been flogging it for years now! Let it die!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/17/2013, 12:58 pm

ColFlame96 wrote:But Kurt and Blaine weren't together when Blaine had a crush in Sam, so he didnt emotionally cheat. He did, however, prove that he is more in love with the idea of being in love than he was with Kurt.

Now what he did with Sebastian in season 3 was emotional cheating. He texted him, called him, and went in coffee dates with him behind Kurts back.
True, Blaine technically didn't emotionally cheat on Kurt with Sam.
But he claimed in an episode right after they broke up (I forgot which one and don't want to look it up) to Sam (of all people!) that he knew Kurt and he were soulmates right after he cheated with Eli (moron). He kept sporting and cherishing that 'soulmates' crap the entire season from that moment on.
He then fell in love with Sam, but when Kurt came to Lima for the Wemma wedding he tried to pressure Kurt into accepting that they were still meant to be together forever, only to sing a love song to Sam just a few episodes later! And 3 episodes after that he wants to propose to Kurt!!! (Really, this cannot get enough exclamation marks)

So technically Blaine was free to fall in love with Sam, as he was not dating Kurt at the time, but as he kept holding up the torch of being soulmates with Kurt before, during and after the entire time of that crush on Sam he's emotionally quite confused and not very trustworthy when it comes to being able to be commit and be faithful to only 1 guy.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/17/2013, 1:09 pm

I think the falling in love with Sam while still being a "soulmate" to Kurt makes Blaine a giant hypocrite. God help the kids who think this is healthy and that their "soulmate" is free to fall in love with other people, cheat on them, and treat them like a possession with no opinion of their own.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/17/2013, 1:14 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
ColFlame96 wrote:But Kurt and Blaine weren't together when Blaine had a crush in Sam, so he didnt emotionally cheat. He did, however, prove that he is more in love with the idea of being in love than he was with Kurt.

True, Blaine technically didn't emotionally cheat on Kurt with Sam.
But he claimed in an episode right after they broke up (I forgot which one and don't want to look it up) to Sam (of all people!) that he knew Kurt and he were soulmates right after he cheated with Eli (moron). He kept sporting and cherishing that 'soulmates' crap the entire season from that moment on.
He then fell in love with Sam, but when Kurt came to Lima for the Wemma wedding he tried to pressure Kurt into accepting that they were still meant to be together forever, only to sing a love song to Sam just a few episodes later! And 3 episodes after that he wants to propose to Kurt!!! (Really, this cannot get enough exclamation marks)

So technically Blaine was free to fall in love with Sam, as he was not dating Kurt at the time, but as he kept holding up the torch of being soulmates with Kurt before, during and after the entire time of that crush on Sam he's emotionally quite confused and not very trustworthy when it comes to being able to be commit and be faithful to only 1 guy.
This whole thing is just so funny when you think about that! I still cannot believe the people who write this are award winners..... I think most of those endless soap operas have better continuity than Glee! How the writers can want the audience to see Kurt and Blaine as soulmates and write them this way at the same time?
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/17/2013, 1:17 pm

And I know this forum is not exactly Darren friendly but I kinda wonder how he must feel when he read scripts and in every one of them his character acts 180° differently.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/17/2013, 1:27 pm

arina wrote:And I know this forum is not exactly Darren friendly but I kinda wonder how he must feel when he read scripts and in every one of them his character acts 180° differently.
If he were a skilled actor like Chris, Cory, and Dianna he would be able to make the script work to add more layers and depth to his character by making him sympathetic despite all the fuckery. But because he basically admitted that he's a shitty actor and just uses the good ones to prop himself up, I have no sympathy for him. It'd be one thing if he tried to make it work, but he doesn't. He just goes along with whatever the writers tell him.

Last edited by ColdFlame96 on 8/17/2013, 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Goddamn auto correct)
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/17/2013, 1:39 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Kevin will probably sing 'Let It Be'. neutre 

Agree , although I admit I wish it was Chris singing it. I am glad it is not Darren, And Kevin will be great singing it.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/17/2013, 1:39 pm

I didn't want this to turn into another discussion how lame Darren is, I don't consider him to be a very good actor either but everyone no matter his acting skills has to be shocked by looking at these script... One episode you sing romantic song to one guy, another episode you want to marry different guy....
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/17/2013, 1:46 pm

let it be is my fav beatle song. glad to know that kevin is singing it. he will rock it. too bad there doesn't appear to be a kurt solo but life sucks as a general rule.

i hope Matt does leave. he will have much better opportunities outside of glee. so the new male lead is likely a teacher replacement. so they still plan to use a teacher as a male "lead". that means they will write a whole new character and his potential romantic life (possibly w/ another new female teacher/nurse/ etc. at school). sigh...

life sucks. glee life sucks even more.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/17/2013, 2:37 pm

arina wrote:And I know this forum is not exactly Darren friendly but I kinda wonder how he must feel when he read scripts and in every one of them his character acts 180° differently.
Considering how often I hear comments from Darren about how little effort he puts into Blaine, and how the writing is so good that he doesn't have to think about it, and how the others he work with make him look good, I'm thinking Darren doesn't put much thought into his performance at all.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next