Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 14

+27
teardrop
Delight
Vir Cotto
bayth
opals
M&M
Buenos
wickedwitch
Georgette888
brisallie
ColdFlame96
SippyCupofLuv
sheny
arina
coxfire
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
Divalicious
Ranwing
ColferInspired
tanita_mors
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
AnneNeville
Jellyrolls
31 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 14 - Page 18 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 14

Post  AnneNeville 8/16/2013, 11:36 am

Really? His own fans are now complaining that there's too much of him? Wow.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 14 - Page 18 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 14

Post  sheny 8/16/2013, 12:10 pm

Dani: So glad Glee isn’t having Finn die of a drug overdose. That would be too much. Do you have any other info on season five?
While no one will ever be able to replay Cory Monteith, we have heard that Glee is looking to cast a new male lead, and this character will be a major recurring guest star in the new season. All we know right now is that he’ll be handsome, older than the kids at McKinley and in New York, and duh, he can sing. Maybe a new teacher?
And with that the fantasies Blarren stans had for him becoming the new lead are shattered. Razz  Not that the show needs a new macho to lead ND but I guess it's better than Blee. Too bad FOX are such a*holes and never will accept that Chris has been their real male lead very so long. There is a reason why they use him for promotion along with Lea (their female lead) and why he is the only one from the boys who was nominated and won so many awards

Last edited by sheny on 8/16/2013, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/16/2013, 12:25 pm

Well to tell the truth I think last year Blaine had the most screentime and songs, definitely more than Cory and Chris so he was kinda lead to my displeasure...

I don't know how I feel about new character, I am curious what is he going to be like, I hope he can act and the character is going to be intersting and not that he is going to be just nice abs to look at...

Still hard to accept we will never see Finn again.:( 
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/16/2013, 12:30 pm

arina wrote:Well to tell the truth I think last year Blaine had the most screentime and songs, definitely more than Cory and Chris so he was kinda lead to my displeasure...

I don't know how I feel about new character, I am curious what is he going to be like, I hope he can act and the character is going to be intersting and not that he is going to be just nice abs to look at...

Still hard to accept we will never see Finn again.:( 
I agree he needs to be more than just Brody 2.0 and I hope they won't immediately try to make him Rachel's new LI.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/16/2013, 1:28 pm

As regards this new old man they're looking for, I'm not sure if is good to bring a new man to Rachel's life, when she recently lost the one she believed was the love of her life. In addition, I hate they think Rachel needs a man to props her. And finally, I still believe the new lead male of ND will be either Ryder or Jake, especially the former, because is the most "Finn-alike"
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/16/2013, 1:39 pm

Why do they need a new lead? They already have a great cast. Just focus on their storylines. Give more to Artie and Kurt, who really represent real outsiders and underdogs. However, I am a bit amused that Chord and Darren obviously didn't fit the bill anymore.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/16/2013, 1:54 pm

I also think they don't need the new lead, the cast is very large as it is.

I hope the new guy won't be anything like Finn. Finn was only one. I think it would be disrespectful to Cory to make instantly copy of his character and it would be unfair to the new guy as well who would be constantly compare to Cory/Finn.

I doubt he will be love interest for Rachel, at least not any time soon, it would be to hard to swallow for the audience and it would make them accept the new character even  harder and it would be also disrespectful to Lea. i don't say Rachel should stay forever alone but I don't think they should give her new LI anytime soon. The tragedy is still so fresh. They should focus on her ambitions, school, friendships etc..

Last edited by arina on 8/16/2013, 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/16/2013, 1:58 pm

Artie would be a great ND leader, the boy is a good singer, and if he were able to walk, I bet he will be the best dancer (along with Jake probably). However, Glee seems to forget they were supposed to be a tv show about outcast, and are looking for good looking guys or unless not "underdgos" to fill that place. WTH Glee?

And please, don't get me start on how Kurt is having less screentime and songs. He's definetely someone who fits to the leader who's a good looking and outcast. But they won't allow to have a gay boy as the lead male...wait a minute, what about blaine?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/16/2013, 2:02 pm

I would definitely love more focus on Kurt and Artie, they are my favorite Glee male characters now, also my favorite male singers on the show. I hope when Artie is in New York, we get some interaction between them... but who am I kidding, when there is Artie New York, Blaine will be there too and he will occupy all of Kurts screentime.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 8/16/2013, 2:42 pm

sheny wrote:
Dani: So glad Glee isn’t having Finn die of a drug overdose. That would be too much. Do you have any other info on season five?
While no one will ever be able to replay Cory Monteith, we have heard that Glee is looking to cast a new male lead, and this character will be a major recurring guest star in the new season. All we know right now is that he’ll be handsome, older than the kids at McKinley and in New York, and duh, he can sing. Maybe a new teacher?
And with that the fantasies Blarren stans had for him becoming the new lead are shattered. Razz  Not that the show needs a new macho to lead ND but I guess it's better than Blee. Too bad FOX are such a*holes and never will accept that Chris has been their real male lead very so long. There is a reason why they use him for promotion along with Lea (their female lead) and why he is the only one from the boys who was nominated and won so many awards
If this is for a NYADA teacher and NOT a love interest for Rachel why not just keep Ollie and have his character TA? The last thing the show needs is new/more characters.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 8/16/2013, 3:10 pm

opals wrote:If this is for a NYADA teacher and NOT a love interest for Rachel why not just keep Ollie and have his character TA? The last thing the show needs is new/more characters.
Wouldn't it be awesome if that is exactly what happens? Ollie was only on for a few guest spots. What if he was the new main male lead. A girl can keep dreaming...fanny2 
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/16/2013, 3:37 pm

bayth wrote:
opals wrote:If this is for a NYADA teacher and NOT a love interest for Rachel why not just keep Ollie and have his character TA? The last thing the show needs is new/more characters.
Wouldn't it be awesome if that is exactly what happens?  Ollie was only on for a few guest spots.  What if he was the new main male lead.  A girl can keep dreaming...fanny2 
I don't mind Oliver coming back but only as a supporting character. I don't want him to be the new male lead. If they really need a new lead it should be Kurt or Artie not Adam, Blaine or Sam. I'm tired seeing Kurt be overshadowed by the guys who we brought on the show with the only purpose to be his love interests. 

After what happened with Darren I think we should be very careful what we wish for because it may end badly for Kurt and us his fans.

It's unlikely but if Oliver becomes the new male lead of the show I'm afraid it will be the Blarren story all over again. He probably will get more screentime than Kurt, he will sing more solos than Kurt, he will have duets with Rachel, Santana maybe even Blaine, Artie and Tina when/if they go to NYC and soon Kadam will turn in Klaine 2.0.

I've already seen people who like Adam but don't like Kurt or people who ship Adam with Blaine. I don't want to think what may happen in canon if Adam becomes lead character and Kurt is pushed to the background again.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/16/2013, 4:08 pm

bayth wrote:
Wouldn't it be awesome if that is exactly what happens?  Ollie was only on for a few guest spots.  What if he was the new main male lead.  A girl can keep dreaming...fanny2 
Adam is gay. Won't happen. Ever. Chris and Kevin cannot be leads because one is homosexual (privately and professionally) and the other one handicapped. Glee is everything but an accepting show representing the minority.

Here is one amazing tumblr post talking how the treatment and storyline of Kurt hurts real people and its representation: http://grahamburglar.tumblr.com/post/45424833621/this-isnt-even-a-comment-on-a-post-of-mine-its
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/16/2013, 4:46 pm

^That tumblr post is so true.
And I agree with you that Artie and Kurt are not allowed to be leads because of the reasons you mentioned. Blaine could be the lead as a gay guy because Darren is straight in rl, and RIB/Fox like to forget Blaine is gay in the show when he's not being propped up by Kurt/Chris. dryy 

But really, at this moment Kurt/Chris should be the main male lead character, if you look at his popularity and all the promotion they are doing with his face.
It's quite clear that Darren and Chord couldn't fulfill the lead roles RIB pushed them in.

This was my thought exactly when I read the news (if this new character is indeed for NY). But as others already said: be careful what you wish for.

Kurt getting overshadowed once again by a new actor is the last thing that I want. I don't really am afraid that this would happen with Adam (Oliver Kieran Jones), but I am afraid it will happen with Adam Lambert, as he also brings in a very vocal fanbase, just like Darren did. That's why I hope that Adam Lambert's status will be a temporarily guest star, with only a set number of episodes.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/16/2013, 9:48 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Really? His own fans are now complaining that there's too much of him? Wow.
I'm shocked! I thought they wanted Blee! Rolling Eyes 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/16/2013, 9:54 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:Really? His own fans are now complaining that there's too much of him? Wow.
I'm shocked! I thought they wanted Blee! Rolling Eyes 
I am in shocked too Rolling Eyes
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/16/2013, 10:08 pm

This new male lead makes me feel multiple things. On the one hand, I'm glad that title is not going to Darren, Chord, Jacob or Blake. On the other hand, this really drives the point home that Cory is gone now. :(

Matthew must be screwed. Sad to hear it, because that man is walking talent.

I doubt the male lead would have been Oliver. He's a barely there "mid-game" for Kurt. Rolling Eyes Maybe this male lead is Adam Lambert's character? Isn't he supposed to play a teacher? What about Jesse St James? I wonder if they'll re-introduce him?

I am just sick of new characters. Something has to give. The cast is still too bloated. I know that FOX is disgustingly conservative, but I hate that they are going out looking for a new male lead when they have gold in their own backyard. Why not promote one of their two most talented, original male cast members to the position? Why not have a "femme" gay guy or a young man in a wheelchair as your lead? Is this not the spirit of the show? Why not have a slightly off-center male in response to a quirky female lead? Chris and Kevin would handle it beautifully. I am sick of the typical Ryder, Finn, Blaine, Sam, Will, even Jacob types. Time for something new.

If you ask me, Chris has always been their male lead even though he is called a "supporting" role in award season.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/16/2013, 10:20 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:This new male lead makes me feel multiple things. On the one hand, I'm glad that title is not going to Darren, Chord, Jacob or Blake. On the other hand, this really drives the point home that Cory is gone now. :(

I doubt the male lead would have been Oliver. He's a barely there "mid-game" for Kurt. Rolling Eyes Maybe this male lead is Adam Lambert's character? Isn't he supposed to play a teacher? What about Jesse St James? I wonder if they'll re-introduce him?

I am just sick of new characters. Something has to give. The cast is still too bloated. I know that FOX is disgustingly conservative, but I hate that they are going out looking for a new male lead when they have gold in their own backyard. Why not promote one of their two most talented, original male cast members to the position? Why not have a "femme" gay guy or a young man in a wheelchair as your lead? Is this not the spirit of the show? Why not have a slightly off-center male in response to a quirky female lead? Chris and Kevin would handle it beautifully. I am sick of the typical Ryder, Finn, Blaine, Sam, Will, even Jacob types. Time for something new.

If you ask me, Chris has always been their male lead even though he is called a "supporting" role in award season.
Great post. I agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/16/2013, 10:30 pm

Thank you! :D

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/16/2013, 10:31 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:This new male lead makes me feel multiple things. On the one hand, I'm glad that title is not going to Darren, Chord, Jacob or Blake. On the other hand, this really drives the point home that Cory is gone now. :(

Just wait to see if this guy becomes popular. 

I remember the second time Chris was nominated for an Emmy someone at the Golden Derby thought he should have been nominated for Lead Actor.

So, the fandom aren't the only ones.

They tried with Season 4, but fans still wanted Kurt.

If this another attempt, it will most probably fail again.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/16/2013, 10:35 pm

ColferInspired wrote:

Just wait to see if this guy becomes popular. 

I remember the second time Chris was nominated for an Emmy someone at the Golden Derby thought he should have been nominated for Lead Actor.

So, the fandom aren't the only ones.

They tried with Season 4, but fans still wanted Kurt.

If this another attempt, it will most probably fail again.
If this new guy fails to take off in popularity, then FOX will have to...*gasp*...pass the torch down to a talented young gay man who plays a gay character! Oh, the HORROR!

He IS their male lead, anyway. Smile 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/16/2013, 10:40 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Thank you! :D
You are welcome.Smile
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/16/2013, 10:44 pm

I guess it's all about politics. Chris is their male lead in reality, but for presentation purposes, it has to be someone like Finn, Ryder, Will or even Blaine or Sam. But Chris probably is the most lauded male in terms of critical praise AND fan reaction, right? So why not just call it what is it now? What we've known all along?

If Kurt or Artie were officially promoted to male lead in response to Rachel's female lead, then there would be no typical, big romance story to clog up screentime! Kurt is gay, and I honestly don't see Artie taking a liking to Rachel in that way. Think of how freeing this could be in terms of creativity for the writers. It's not all about romance. It's not all about being "normal" either.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/16/2013, 11:53 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I guess it's all about politics. Chris is their male lead in reality, but for presentation purposes, it has to be someone like Finn, Ryder, Will or even Blaine or Sam. But Chris probably is the most lauded male in terms of critical praise AND fan reaction, right? So why not just call it what is it now? What we've known all along?

If Kurt or Artie were officially promoted to male lead in response to Rachel's female lead, then there would be no typical, big romance story to clog up screentime! Kurt is gay, and I honestly don't see Artie taking a liking to Rachel in that way. Think of how freeing this could be in terms of creativity for the writers. It's not all about romance. It's not all about being "normal" either.
I like Kevin. 

I think these Blarren heavy episodes were Ryan's last ditch effort.

Fox must be watching the fan reaction, why they have decided Blarren hasn't worked or Sam/Chord.

I hate to think what this means for Matt Morrison as he has always been the male lead as originally written.

Corey was always in the supporting category.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/17/2013, 12:03 am

Is so funny to see how everyone think that Chris is already the male lead on Glee, whilst Fox don't see the same. And you know, isn't because they're blind, but is because they're a bunch of hypocrites, whose said to be open minded and Glee is supposed to be a gay friendly series, and when Chris won the GG, they congratulated him. But, by other side, a gay character played by a gay actor isn't allowed to be the lead male. Sometimes I'm wondered, what if Chris would have been a straight actor playing a gay character, would have been allowed to be the male lead? Would have been less troubled?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next