Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

+30
TimF
MissSoniaPP
tanita_mors
karmapolice
glimmerle
GreenEyes
Georgette888
teardrop
Ireth
kac
SippyCupofLuv
brisallie
sheny
opals
coxfire
Delight
valkeakuulas
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
arina
ColdFlame96
Glorfindel
Divalicious
ColferInspired
Buenos
AnneNeville
fantastica
Jellyrolls
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
34 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  Jellyrolls 11/1/2013, 7:03 pm

I'll just leave this here:

http://t.co/VDA49AGZ5k

It made me laugh.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  Glorfindel 11/2/2013, 10:49 pm

So a few days after Chris tweeted a Halloween family picture, mentioning Will in his tweet, Darren does the same with Mia:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 38 17877_900

I could say that there's no riding on crisscolfer's coattails anymore for Darren after Chris has been so open about Will, and therefore Darren has no trouble posting with Mia now, but he looks kinda hot in his Labyrinth costume, so I won't do that. Smile 

Of course the tinhatters think it's the almighty PR again. notall
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/3/2013, 2:33 am

Also tinhatters believe that's not actually Darren , because according to them doesn't look like him at all . They say is a double stunt. blinkk What?!

P.S I also believe he looks kinda hot in his costume lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/3/2013, 3:06 am

I "love" that argument something fishy is going on. I mean, two actors dressed up for Halloween and took pics. The horror! beam 

I have so many thoughts about Darren and Mia, and blame the first one a lot for the CC-nutjobs. But at least he stopped trying to use Chris and finally acknowledged after years (!!!) whom he is actually dating.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/3/2013, 9:11 pm

You know, I know not everyone is going to like Chris' voice, and that's perfectly fine, but this statement is just so wrong, it makes me want to smack the person who wrote it:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 38 Tumblr_mvo9mjSAgR1s5yr3ro1_500
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/3/2013, 9:50 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:You know, I know not everyone is going to like Chris' voice, and that's perfectly fine, but this statement is just so wrong, it makes me want to smack the person who wrote it:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 38 Tumblr_mvo9mjSAgR1s5yr3ro1_500
Oh, the one who made that confession is getting smacked down, big time, so don't worry. Among others, our very own @Ranwing made sure of that. fanny2

Last edited by Glorfindel on 11/3/2013, 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 11/3/2013, 9:50 pm

i'm sorry, what does someones look have to do with their vocal range. i just saw a freaking 9 year old on a dutch talent show sing an aria as if she was 30-40 something season long performer at the milan scala. i still can't believe that voice came out of that kid. so, they can think that darren is more mature in looks (imo too mature to look like a teen with his constant five o'clock shadow and thinning hairline) or better looking which is completely subjective. whether you like his voice or singing is a subjective thing. but vocal range and singing skill and ability is not a subjective thing. it can be measured and compered.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/3/2013, 9:52 pm

^I'm more concerned about the blatant effeminophobia in that 'confession' than their obvious stupidity when it comes to music and singing voice knowledge. Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/3/2013, 10:16 pm

That made me angry, seeing that on tumblr. antifana 

It was just disgusting. antifana
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/3/2013, 11:28 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:You know, I know not everyone is going to like Chris' voice, and that's perfectly fine, but this statement is just so wrong, it makes me want to smack the person who wrote it:

You know, I'm getting tired of those people who don't like Chris's voice only use as a reason his 'effeminate' voice. If they really want to bash him, first they need to find real arguments, because the current Chris, even though his voice is still high, doesn't sound like a prebuscent.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 11/4/2013, 10:13 pm

He sounds like an angel. Nothing wrong with a more conventional, generic "pop" voice...but Chris sounds special.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/6/2013, 8:23 am

Someone on p_f posted a series of gifs at Darren at the People's Choice press conference yesterday where he was shouting "the people have spoken" when they announced him as a nominee.  It was really embarrassing.

Video streaming by Ustream

Onscreen chemistry is around the 9:00 mark

The favorite comedic actor is about 19:00

The best bromance at about 29:20.

He got more embarrassing each time.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/6/2013, 8:26 am

Yeah I saw those gifs, and he was quite "enthusiastic". Though I don't mind of his outgoing attitude, sometimes is a little bit too much for me. blinkk 
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/6/2013, 8:34 am

Darren really screamed "the people have spoken"?! Oh my, that is embarrassing blinkk 

I really start to feel for him a bit. He wants to be famous so baldy, seems to use every opportunity to get his photo taken and in the process and looks so desperate and almost pathetic. Darren, from the bottom of my heart, please stop what you are currently doing! I actually believe he will win all three awards, but I do not believe he will built a career the way he envisions it. He has a very loud, young and dedicated fanbase who have the time to vote daily hundreds per day. That will be the biggest difference to Chris, who has more variety of ages among his fans who simply do not have the time/energy to actually vote non-stop.

At the end, this award won't improve his acting or singing or natural talent. Once Glee is over, dude will have a major problem (or get his own show on FOX. I actually suspect that may happen... the rate of success is obviously a different story).
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/6/2013, 8:39 am

Darren will probably spend his career working on Ryan Murphy shows.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/6/2013, 8:42 am

I actually predict a "New Girl" kind-of-show just with Darren as main character... HW seems very dedicated right now to make Darren happen for whatever reason. I also agree I could see Ryan attached to the show. Add some Lea and he finally can pair those two up dryy .

I see Chris career more are at cable channels or Netflix, with higher-quality and more complex characters. At least that is what I hope.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 11/6/2013, 9:02 am

Lottie2303 wrote:At the end, this award won't improve his acting or singing or natural talent. Once Glee is over, dude will have a major problem (or get his own show on FOX. I actually suspect that may happen... the rate of success is obviously a different story).

Not necessarily. Being a mediocre actor is sometimes enough, see David Caruso, who has 2 expressions and atrocious punch-lines. And I don't know BW that much, but Darren's acting, OTT acting can fit some musicals, no? Seriously, I don't wish him harm, I just want Glee to stop selling him to me like he was the next best thing since last bread, and shove him so far down my throat I end up pooping him.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/6/2013, 9:10 am

^ Yup, I also believe Darren has chances to continue his career and get his own TV show. Darren knows how to play the game, constantly kisses the right behinds of people and is incredible dedicated and ambitious. However, I also believe Darren himself and how he presents itself to the public could become very complicated one day. Darren isn't a subtle guy, we all know he is Ryan's favorite because he never dares to have an own opinion, and he likes to ride on the shoulders of other more talented actors. The audience isn't that stupid. For me he remain a dark horse and his career could go either way. But it is a bit too presumptuous to predict his career will be over once Glee ends.

Last edited by Lottie2303 on 11/6/2013, 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/6/2013, 10:31 am

One of my acting teachers in college liked to break down actors into two catagories. You've got the big movie stars that will sell a shit load of tickets, have the blockbuster every summer and be known by everyone and their grandmother. And then you have the actors who look for interesting parts, even if they are in films that won't make a huge amount of money or gain a big audience but will have enormous respect for their talent and win major awards.

Darren can be a Tom Cruise type of performer because while his talent might not be the best (and we can debate endlessly on his flaws as an actor and singer), but is marketable. He has conventional good looks and enough charisma that he can be sold to a wide audience relatively easily. Chris, on the other hand, is more a Ken Specey type, who will seek out roles that challenge him and will gain him critical acclaim. He's certainly marketable, but to a more discerning audience who is more focused on substance than surface (though his surface is certainly lovely).

Darren might very well win the PCA because of his rabid fanbase that will spam the votes, but in the end it won't mean very much. As Lottie said, it's not going to improve him as a performer and if his projects outside of Glee don't do well, then his career will be a brief one. It's reall that simple - TPTB are pushing Darren because they think they can sell him and Darren is more than happy to play the game because he thinks it will get him somewhere. Chris is going in a different direction and I'd love to see him get some interesting parts that can really break him out of the Kurt Hummel bubble
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/6/2013, 10:58 am

Ranwing wrote:One of my acting teachers in college liked to break down actors into two catagories. You've got the big movie stars that will sell a shit load of tickets, have the blockbuster every summer and be known by everyone and their grandmother. And then you have the actors who look for interesting parts, even if they are in films that won't make a huge amount of money or gain a big audience but will have enormous respect for their talent and win major awards.

Darren can be a Tom Cruise type of performer because while his talent might not be the best (and we can debate endlessly on his flaws as an actor and singer), but is marketable. He has conventional good looks and enough charisma that he can be sold to a wide audience relatively easily. Chris, on the other hand, is more a Ken Specey type, who will seek out roles that challenge him and will gain him critical acclaim. He's certainly marketable, but to a more discerning audience who is more focused on substance than surface (though his surface is certainly lovely).

Darren might very well win the PCA because of his rabid fanbase that will spam the votes, but in the end it won't mean very much. As Lottie said, it's not going to improve him as a performer and if his projects outside of Glee don't do well, then his career will be a brief one. It's reall that simple - TPTB are pushing Darren because they think they can sell him and Darren is more than happy to play the game because he thinks it will get him somewhere. Chris is going in a different direction and I'd love to see him get some interesting parts that can really break him out of the Kurt Hummel bubble
They can't spam the votes I tried to see if can be done. It can't because I was immediately blocked so I couldn't vote. Others have tried as well.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/6/2013, 11:04 am

-

Last edited by sheny on 11/6/2013, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/6/2013, 11:37 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Someone on p_f posted a series of gifs at Darren at the People's Choice press conference yesterday where he was shouting "the people have spoken" when they announced him as a nominee.  It was really embarrassing.
You mean these ones?

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 38 Tumblr_mvsy5bCz1A1qfcdl6o1_250  Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 38 Tumblr_mvsy5bCz1A1qfcdl6o2_250

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 38 Tumblr_mvsy5bCz1A1qfcdl6o3_250  Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 38 Tumblr_mvsy5bCz1A1qfcdl6o4_250
x

Lottie2303 wrote:Darren really screamed "the people have spoken"?! Oh my, that is embarrassing blinkk
Yes, he did, and it was embarrassing. Mad
Lol, I mean: just look at the girl's (is that Katy Perry?) lukewarm response in those gifs. She's like: "Okay, I'm gonna smile because I'm on tv, but that guy is so OTT." moque 

coxfire wrote:Not necessarily. Being a mediocre actor is sometimes enough, see David Caruso, who has 2 expressions and atrocious punch-lines. And I don't know BW that much, but Darren's acting, OTT acting can fit some musicals, no? Seriously, I don't wish him harm, I just want Glee to stop selling him to me like he was the next best thing since last bread, and shove him so far down my throat I end up pooping him.
His acting might fit some musicals, but his singing won't. tongue2 
Sorry, not sorry. hiphopa 

Ranwing wrote:One of my acting teachers in college liked to break down actors into two catagories. You've got the big movie stars that will sell a shit load of tickets, have the blockbuster every summer and be known by everyone and their grandmother. And then you have the actors who look for interesting parts, even if they are in films that won't make a huge amount of money or gain a big audience but will have enormous respect for their talent and win major awards.
When you wrote ^that I immediately thought of Kevin Spacey (who I admire enormously), and then you said this:
I love you. Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/6/2013, 11:48 am

Thanks for the gif-set. I stay far away from Klainers and Darren fans on tumbrl, so I never see any of those. Jeez, the face of the woman says everything. Also dude, yes I want Chris to win this award badly as well, but it is still the PCA awards. You are not getting nominated for the Oscars blinkk 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/6/2013, 11:52 am

Glorfindel wrote:Lol, I mean: just look at the girl's (is that Katy Perry?) lukewarm response in those gifs. She's like: "Okay, I'm gonna smile because I'm on tv, but that guy is so OTT." moque 
She's one of the actresses on two broke girls.

The best was when the lady who announced the bromance, Darren interrupted before she had finished, and she goes, "Now I have to start again." Then she said the names, and she looks over at Darren and says "Yes, the people have spoken."
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/6/2013, 11:53 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Thanks for the gif-set. I stay far away from Klainers and Darren fans on tumbrl, so I never see any of those. Jeez, the face of the woman says everything. Also dude, yes I want Chris to win this award badly as well, but it is still the PCA awards. You are not getting nominated for the Oscars blinkk 
You should look at the video I linked at the times I said.  It's even worse seeing it on film

ETA: If you look at the stream, by the time they got to the third thing Blarren was nominated for, they had him in the camera shot so they would get the reaction on film. On the others he was out of the shot, and you could just hear his big mouth. So Blarren accomplished what he wanted to--pulling the focus onto him by acting like an attention whore.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next