Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

+30
TimF
MissSoniaPP
tanita_mors
karmapolice
glimmerle
GreenEyes
Georgette888
teardrop
Ireth
kac
SippyCupofLuv
brisallie
sheny
opals
coxfire
Delight
valkeakuulas
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
arina
ColdFlame96
Glorfindel
Divalicious
ColferInspired
Buenos
AnneNeville
fantastica
Jellyrolls
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
34 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  AnneNeville 11/6/2013, 11:56 am

coxfire wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:At the end, this award won't improve his acting or singing or natural talent. Once Glee is over, dude will have a major problem (or get his own show on FOX. I actually suspect that may happen... the rate of success is obviously a different story).

Not necessarily. Being a mediocre actor is sometimes enough, see David Caruso, who has 2 expressions and atrocious punch-lines. And I don't know BW that much, but Darren's acting, OTT acting can fit some musicals, no?
No offense intended, but may I gripe a little? As a theatre person, I hate hate hate seeing the implication that somehow my field of performance can handle untalented actors better than TV. If anything, sustaining a performance on stage takes MORE talent, skill, and technical know-how/craft than being on a TV show. If Darren is as limited and lazy as it seems, he has NO place in any kind of Broadway show. BW/theatre requires a lot more than Glee.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  Lottie2303 11/6/2013, 11:57 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Lol, I mean: just look at the girl's (is that Katy Perry?) lukewarm response in those gifs. She's like: "Okay, I'm gonna smile because I'm on tv, but that guy is so OTT." moque 
She's one of the actresses on two broke girls.

The best was when the lady who announced the bromance, Darren interrupted before she had finished, and she goes, "Now I have to start again."  Then she said the names, and she looks over at Darren and says "Yes, the people have spoken."
ptdr 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 11/6/2013, 12:17 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
coxfire wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:At the end, this award won't improve his acting or singing or natural talent. Once Glee is over, dude will have a major problem (or get his own show on FOX. I actually suspect that may happen... the rate of success is obviously a different story).

Not necessarily. Being a mediocre actor is sometimes enough, see David Caruso, who has 2 expressions and atrocious punch-lines. And I don't know BW that much, but Darren's acting, OTT acting can fit some musicals, no?
No offense intended, but may I gripe a little? As a theatre person, I hate hate hate seeing the implication that somehow my field of performance can handle untalented actors better than TV. If anything, sustaining a performance on stage takes MORE talent, skill, and technical know-how/craft than being on a TV show. If Darren is as limited and lazy as it seems, he has NO place in any kind of Broadway show. BW/theatre requires a lot more than Glee.
Oh yes, of course you can, that was just not necessarily well worded from me. I don't mean that TV has better actors than theater, hell I did theater for 10 years and went to numerous plays! Musicals not so much, it is true, but what I mean is that in some plays, and mostly the comedic ones, there is a voluntary factor of OTT-ness that isn't OTT within the context of the play, on the contrary, but that wouldn't necessarily be played on the same way for TV. I'm far far far from thinking TV actors are above theatre/musical ones!

I don't think Darren is completely lost for acting, or that he has absolutely no place in Broadway. He can have good comedic timing, but he lacks subtelty and diversity in his lines delivery/body language/expressions that prevent him from being a good actor. Used sporadically, or in specific scenes, as a supporting actor, I think he can appear on TV or BW, he is just no lead material.

Average seems to fit him. The only stuff that make him distinctive is his look, and, in the superficial world we live in, it is most of the time enough. An actor/actress who doesn't look good by society standards either is typecast or has to be an excellent actor to make it, which is unfortunately sad.

If Darren looked like, say, Jacob Ben Israel, who is not considered "hot/good looking/blablabla", I bet his fanbase would not be that consequent. By comparison, Chris, when Glee started, wasn't classified in the "good looking" category. He had however a baby face and over look that made him endearing, but his looks weren't what dinstincted him from the rest, it was his talent only, and that is something that Darren can't claim.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/6/2013, 5:27 pm

Holy moly, the Chris/Darren interview for FOX lounge is awkward. Darren looks all the time in the camera, tries to be funny, Chris seems to be annoyed. And those two are supposed to have chemistry??! At least I like Chris during the interview.

I also start to believe they really are not close at all anymore (which the one BI once suggested). Darren tries very, very hard... but still... nope. Not on 'enemy' terms anyway, but those two clearly don't talk to one another privately. I wonder why blinkk 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/6/2013, 5:36 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Holy moly, the Chris/Darren interview for FOX lounge is awkward. Darren looks all the time in the camera, tries to be funny, Chris seems to be annoyed. And those two are supposed to have chemistry??! At least I like Chris during the interview.

I also start to believe they really are not close at all anymore (which the one BI once suggested). Darren tries very, very hard... but still... nope. Not on 'enemy' terms anyway, but those two clearly don't talk to one another privately. I wonder why blinkk 
I don't plan on watching the interview. It might make me like both Klaine and Darren even less if I did.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/6/2013, 5:42 pm

Honestly, Darren was always desperate for attention but recently it got even worse. Did I just not notice it well enough, or is his personality even more granting than before? He really, really, really needs to take a step back. Chris is 100% professional, when he cannot hide his honest emotions anymore entirely, that really speaks volumes. Suspect

Last edited by Lottie2303 on 11/6/2013, 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/6/2013, 6:28 pm

Chris has had amazing chemistry with just about everyone he's worked with. We saw it with Grant and Max and Oliver and Lea and Cory and Mark... anyone that he's had a scene with. He used to have it with Darren (though not nearly as well as with the others). If that has faded, it's not Chris's fault. There's only so long he should be expected to carry Darren's lazy backside, especially when he and his character get treated like crap as a reward. I don't blame him for shutting down a bit and letting Darren sink on his own.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/6/2013, 7:12 pm

Ranwing wrote:Chris has had amazing chemistry with just about everyone he's worked with. We saw it with Grant and Max and Oliver and Lea and Cory and Mark... anyone that he's had a scene with. He used to have it with Darren (though not nearly as well as with the others). If that has faded, it's not Chris's fault. There's only so long he should be expected to carry Darren's lazy backside, especially when he and his character get treated like crap as a reward. I don't blame him for shutting down a bit and letting Darren sink on his own.
Great post. I agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/6/2013, 7:26 pm

Darren is still clinging to his teen idol status like a lifeline which is embarassing as he will be 28 when Glee finishes. 

I don't know what sort of career he will have but as it will be far away from Chris I will be happy. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/6/2013, 7:32 pm

Maybe I'm projecting, but it felt like even in the Fox Lounge videos Darren got the most screentime. :angry: 
Not even only all his face mugging and camera hogging while he was trying to be funny (not), but just overall, esp. since he 'opened' and  'closed' both videos.

saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/6/2013, 7:45 pm

reading the posts here is enough. can't stomach seeing that guy. so i am waiting for chris gifs here. hope there will be some.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/6/2013, 10:11 pm

I love this!

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_mvrznkRIHf1s5yr3ro1_500
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/6/2013, 10:13 pm

i like puppets though. i don't get that message.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/6/2013, 10:17 pm

^I hate puppets (almost as much as I hate clowns), they're creepy, so I get that confession.

The only puppet I like is Jeff Dunham's Peanut. Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/6/2013, 10:39 pm

there's a puppet museum in atlanta. they have all kinds of puppets. many of them have very elaborate costumes and interesting designs. there's something very nostalgic about them for me at least.

it's not the puppets that are creepy. it's the guy in the middle of that pile of puppets that creeps me out.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/7/2013, 2:05 am

Glorfindel wrote:Maybe I'm projecting, but it felt like even in the Fox Lounge videos Darren got the most screentime. :angry: 
Not even only all his face mugging and camera hogging while he was trying to be funny (not), but just overall, esp. since he 'opened' and  'closed' both videos.

saispa
I thought the same thing at first but then I remembered last year when Lea and Chris did the Fox Lounge interviews Chris was the one who "opened" and "closed" the videos.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/7/2013, 4:27 am

sheny wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Maybe I'm projecting, but it felt like even in the Fox Lounge videos Darren got the most screentime. :angry: 

saispa
I thought the same thing at first but then I remembered last year when Lea and Chris did the Fox Lounge interviews Chris was the one who "opened" and "closed" the videos.
I think what made the Lounge thing weird for me: Darren was given the role of the funny guy and Chris was the interviewed serious guy. They were off balance, and it it just glaring for us because with Lea last year it was sooooo good. This one wasn't bad but it was no Colchele. And most of the rapid fire questions were the same!

I just saw Chris, even tough it was hard because of the quick cuts to Darren.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/7/2013, 4:45 am

valkeakuulas wrote:
sheny wrote:

saispa
I think what made the Lounge thing weird for me: Darren was given the role of the funny guy and Chris was the interviewed serious guy. They were off balance, and it it just glaring for us because with Lea last year it was sooooo good. This one wasn't bad but it was no Colchele. And most of the rapid fire questions were the same!

I just saw Chris, even tough it was hard because of the quick cuts to Darren.
Darren was just not funny.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/7/2013, 4:52 am

Yeah, and Darren tried so hard to be funny. Really, he needs to take it a notch down and just be natural. Darren has charisma, but now he seems to border sheer desperation to get noticed and be liked. I wonder if his PR team is noticing the little fact how many actually dislike Darren and are trying to change our minds. It is not working so far...

But Chris gave some good answers. Acting, Movies about theater, etcetera. It gives us a bit more insight.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 11/7/2013, 5:11 am

just went for a little visit to the GF kurt/blaine-thread
and guess what??

You guys won't believe it but they're gonna vote for Darren there. (except for like one or two)
I'm so suprised!

sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/7/2013, 7:26 am

sjonnepon wrote:just went for a little visit to the GF kurt/blaine-thread
and guess what??

You guys won't believe it but they're gonna vote for Darren there. (except for like one or two)
I'm so suprised!

Plenty are voting for both on twitter but I am guessing they are from tumblr not GF. I know the ones here.

Many are voting for Chris because Blarren stans are pissing different ones off saying they have to vote for Darren, that he deserves it more. Rolling Eyes

They try to push Kurtsies around we bite back now.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/7/2013, 9:33 am

fantastica wrote:there's a puppet museum in atlanta. they have all kinds of puppets. many of them have very elaborate costumes and interesting designs. there's something very nostalgic about them for me at least.

it's not the puppets that are creepy. it's the guy in the middle of that pile of puppets that creeps me out.
There is an entire island covered with dolls somewhere in South America. It is supposed to be haunted. I've seen pictures. I rather die then to ever step a foot on that island phr34r Shocked 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/7/2013, 12:15 pm

ColferInspired wrote:Plenty are voting for both on twitter but I am guessing they are from tumblr not GF. I know the ones here.

Many are voting for Chris because Blarren stans are pissing different ones off saying they have to vote for Darren, that he deserves it more. Rolling Eyes

They try to push Kurtsies around we bite back now.
Lol, they really don't get that pushing and shoving and pestering and invading other people's tags only will get more people voting against Darren/Klaine/Blam.

Not that I mind that they don't get it. angellic
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/7/2013, 1:06 pm

there are a lot of great actors who do not have a chance on this "award" show because their shows are not that popular or their fans aren't massive/rabid, or they are character actors who do not have the "sex appeal". there are so many who deserve the nomination much more than DC when pure merit is concerned. yet his fans think he deserves the Oscar life time achievement award already. no arguing w/ these idiots.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/7/2013, 1:23 pm

Darren saying that he has no special allegiance to either Klaine or Blam now in that PCA interview? Rolling Eyes 

In theory I understand that Darren is trying to be diplomatic, however NGL it annoys me that someone who for the last 3 1/2 years had been blowing smoke up the ass with the Klaine fans 24/7, and with the press/media about how special and personal Klaine is to him, yada, yada, yada to now say that he has no "allegiance." WTF has he been gushing about these last few years? And of course you always hear the lament that Chris isn't as gung ho for Klaine compared to Darren who is truly invested in Klaine. Bullshit.

Darren is invested in what is best for Darren, (same as Chris is for Chris) so hopefully this lays to rest the notion that somehow Darren has some special affinity to the Klaine story. Only an idiot would think the Blam "bromance" is on the same footing. Darren is not an idiot but he is IMO a pavlovian kiss ass, which is OK, alot of celebs are , but this so called dedication to Klaine is such PR crock. Have I mentioned how Darren has expressed ad nauseum how special the Klaine relationship is for him and the fans?

For someone who loves to talk/talk/talk and more talk to the press Darren could have expressed it better. IN this occasion his 10000 word answers might have been preferable. The 5000 word answer didn't quite seal it.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next