Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

+30
TimF
MissSoniaPP
tanita_mors
karmapolice
glimmerle
GreenEyes
Georgette888
teardrop
Ireth
kac
SippyCupofLuv
brisallie
sheny
opals
coxfire
Delight
valkeakuulas
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
arina
ColdFlame96
Glorfindel
Divalicious
ColferInspired
Buenos
AnneNeville
fantastica
Jellyrolls
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
34 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  ColdFlame96 8/27/2013, 7:22 pm

Buenos wrote:
Georgette888 wrote:Yeah, after loads of desperate Klainers before the ep were trying to convince all that would listen that it would just be a kiss if that. Some even thought he'd think of cheating and back out. lol
To add insult to injury RM tweeted that photo of Blaine post coitus and labeld it "Teenage Dream".

I tell you, RM is a sick puppy at times.   phr34r 

Then after the episode the same Klainers did a 180 and said it doesn't matter if they had sex..HUH?
Yeah exactly. Ryan has an interesting mindset, so that's hey all these Klaine spoilers seem very fishy and I'm taking with a huge grain of salt.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  Jellyrolls 8/27/2013, 10:16 pm

So, I was looking at the comments under the promo on the Glee Facebook page, and...

Spoiler:
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/28/2013, 12:09 am

Jellyrolls wrote:So, I was looking at the comments under the promo on the Glee Facebook page, and...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/28/2013, 1:16 am

brisallie wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:So, I was looking at the comments under the promo on the Glee Facebook page, and...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/28/2013, 4:10 am

I really don't see how differently Blaine's cheating would have been shown on a cabel show, other than 'showing' more. Maybe Ryan would have just given him more guys, as oppose to a one facebook hookup. Which in it self is the most ridiculous way of connecting said hookup. I guess Graigslist of grindr didn't want to pay anything for their names to be mentioned. OK, Fox doesn't probably want anything to do with grindr! Smile
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/28/2013, 4:18 am

valkeakuulas wrote:I really don't see how differently Blaine's cheating would have been shown on a cabel show, other than 'showing' more. Maybe Ryan would have just given him more guys, as oppose to a one facebook hookup. Which in it self is the most ridiculous way of connecting said hookup. I guess Graigslist of grindr didn't want to pay anything for their names to be mentioned. OK, Fox doesn't probably want anything to do with grindr!
Grindr and Graigslist are also names that people outside of the U.S. probably have never heard of (I learned what they were because of Glee and its fandom).

Whereas Facebook is a familiar name/site all over the world.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 8/28/2013, 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/28/2013, 4:19 am

Spoiler:
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/28/2013, 6:30 pm

Maybe I should just resign myself and go watch Sliders. I just saw the first episode with Kromaggs yesterday evening. Now that is quality television. Rolling Eyes 

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/28/2013, 7:10 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Agreed.

Well, that loose attitude about random facebook sex bit him in the butt (and not in a nice, sexy way) big time, now did it?

Do TPTB bar Ryan realize how that hurt the storyline, you think?

(I think so, or else they wouldn't have shut up Kurt and woobyfied Blaine to the extreme the way they did.)
Do you think the fandom would have reacted better if it had been Sebastian or Dave or Chandler? Or Jeremiah?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/29/2013, 7:20 am

AnneNeville wrote:Do you think the fandom would have reacted better if it had been Sebastian or Dave or Chandler? Or Jeremiah?
It wouldn't have been fun for the actor of the character Blaine had cheated with (because he would have gotten viciously attacked by the Klainers), but at least they could have build a more sympathetic story around it, e.g. Blaine getting drunk at Scandals and then being seduced into having sex with e.g. Sebastian.
If they wanted they even could have made one of those guys the 'villain' by coming on to Blaine really hard, or even telling Kurt they did it to get back at him, pushing Blaine in a victim role.

Now they've got a deliberate, cold-blooded hook-up for sex that took ample (sober) time to drive too, with a faceless random who meant nothing to Blaine (whereas Sebastian and Jeremiah were guys that Blaine was interested in).

So yes, I think the reaction of the fandom regarding the canon would have been better, although it probably would have created a ship war (e.g. Seblaine vs. Klaine).
But a ship war is a more 'positive' reaction for RIB/Fox to get (as they have no problem riling up ship wars themselves for publicity) then many fans disliking and rejecting a main character for doing an 'unforgiveable' act.
Plus we all know that many Klainers are actually Blainers, and some of them would have jumped ship to the cheating pair very easily (as Kurt is not that important to them, just Blaine).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/29/2013, 7:28 am

^Funnily enough, I can totally see the Kurtbastians getting their pitchforks out and defending their OTP. Sebastian would have opened an entire can of worms for Klainers and non-Klainer. I am not sure the Glee fandom would have survived Razz 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/29/2013, 8:08 am

^Yeah, but on the other hand in that case I think that many Kurtsies would have been willing to sacrifice Sebastian on the Blaine altar if that had meant that Kurt would be free from Klaine. Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/29/2013, 8:20 am

Glorfindel wrote:^Yeah, but on the other hand in that case I think that many Kurtsies would have been willing to sacrifice Sebastian on the Blaine altar if that had meant that Kurt would be free from Klaine. Razz
Yes and no. The idea of Seblaine also is heavily disliked by myself. Those two just don't fit at all.... However, the idea of Darren trying to convince to be sexy and with chemistry alongside Grant, is actually pretty amusing to think about Twisted Evil 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/29/2013, 10:03 am

You know what one of my biggest issue with the way the whole cheating story went down?  In Kurt you have a character who is in cannon a hopeless romantic, and a character whose father said "don't throw yourself around" because he matters in the sex talk, and he is a character with enough self respect to believe what his father said.  Kurt is set up as a character who believes that he matters, and in my view, someone who would look at sex as something that you only share with someone who means something to you.

By having Blaine have sex with a random facebook guy, it shows that Blaine doesn't have that same values as Kurt when it comes to sex.  It shows that he didn't really value the "love of his life" or their sexual relationship very much.  

So, what my biggest issue really is that I just don't buy Kurt getting over it that easily, and being so forgiving of Blaine's actions.

I kind of wish they did have Blaine sleep with Sebastian because at least there they could have built some story into it rather than it just being a random.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/29/2013, 10:21 am

Jellyrolls wrote:You know what one of my biggest issue with the way the whole cheating story went down?  In Kurt you have a character who is in cannon a hopeless romantic, and a character whose father said "don't throw yourself around" because he matters in the sex talk, and he is a character with enough self respect to believe what his father said.  Kurt is set up as a character who believes that he matters, and in my view, someone who would look at sex as something that you only share with someone who means something to you.

By having Blaine have sex with a random facebook guy, it shows that Blaine doesn't have that same values as Kurt when it comes to sex.  It shows that he didn't really value the "love of his life" or their sexual relationship very much.  

So, what my biggest issue really is that I just don't buy Kurt getting over it that easily, and being so forgiving of Blaine's actions.

I kind of wish they did have Blaine sleep with Sebastian because at least there they could have built some story into it rather than it just being a random.
Erm, I think a person can matter, have a high self-respect, and still indulge in occasional sex. People who are sexually active and don't have serious relationships, are not automatically worth less. They just have a different opinion.

But I agree, Blaine and Kurt have different perceptions of relationships and love.

I must say, I don't understand why everyone is so insistent Kurt would never, ever sleep with a random person and/or have a one-night-stand (of course while he is not in a relationship. I most certainly don't see him as a cheater). After all, he was insecure and terrified before he was sexually active. Why is everyone so convinced he cannot change after having sex, liking it and being good at it?! Especially because anyone can see how much S2 to S4 Kurt matured and grew up. But Kuts sex life seems to be treated almost saint-like saispa 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/29/2013, 12:32 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:Do you think the fandom would have reacted better if it had been Sebastian or Dave or Chandler? Or Jeremiah?
It wouldn't have been fun for the actor of the character Blaine had cheated with (because he would have gotten viciously attacked by the Klainers), but at least they could have build a more sympathetic story around it, e.g. Blaine getting drunk at Scandals and then being seduced into having sex with e.g. Sebastian.
If they wanted they even could have made one of those guys the 'villain' by coming on to Blaine really hard, or even telling Kurt they did it to get back at him, pushing Blaine in a victim role.

Now they've got a deliberate, cold-blooded hook-up for sex that took ample (sober) time to drive too, with a faceless random who meant nothing to Blaine (whereas Sebastian and Jeremiah were guys that Blaine was interested in).

So yes, I think the reaction of the fandom regarding the canon would have been better, although it probably would have created a ship war (e.g. Seblaine vs. Klaine).
But a ship war is a more 'positive' reaction for RIB/Fox to get (as they have no problem riling up ship wars themselves for publicity) then many fans disliking and rejecting a main character for doing an 'unforgiveable' act.
Plus we all know that many Klainers are actually Blainers, and some of them would have jumped ship to the cheating pair very easily (as Kurt is not that important to them, just Blaine).
You make me wonder about Blaine/Eli fanfiction...

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/29/2013, 12:33 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:You know what one of my biggest issue with the way the whole cheating story went down?  In Kurt you have a character who is in cannon a hopeless romantic, and a character whose father said "don't throw yourself around" because he matters in the sex talk, and he is a character with enough self respect to believe what his father said.  Kurt is set up as a character who believes that he matters, and in my view, someone who would look at sex as something that you only share with someone who means something to you.

I think it's canon that Blaine's idea of romance is opposite of Kurt's. He even laughed at Kurt's fantasies and bucket list, didn't he?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/29/2013, 12:34 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:

Erm, I think a person can matter, have a high self-respect, and still indulge in occasional sex. People who are sexually active and don't have serious relationships, are not automatically worth less. They just have a different opinion.

But I agree, Blaine and Kurt have different perceptions of relationships and love.

I must say, I don't understand why everyone is so insistent Kurt would never, ever sleep with a random person and/or have a one-night-stand (of course while he is not in a relationship. I most certainly don't see him as a cheater). After all, he was insecure and terrified before he was sexually active. Why is everyone so convinced he cannot change after having sex, liking it and being good at it?! Especially because anyone can see how much S2 to S4 Kurt matured and grew up. But Kuts sex life seems to be treated almost saint-like saispa 
I certainly can see him having a one-night stand. Especially in a place like NYC where he'd have a lot of options!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/29/2013, 12:39 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:

This.  banzai 

I am so sick of the cheating SL as it pertains to Kurt for several reasons but first let me get a couple of things off my chest.

Warning: this  is a rant and gets VERY repetitive.dryy 

Let's be real, RM and the writers had decided they were going to break up Klaine for Season 4 no matter what..  Kurt had graduated and Blaine was still in Lima.  The one continuity I have to give them credit for is that both in "Wanna Dance with Somebody" and "Goodbye" Blaine was set up as already insecure /needy and had big worries about a LDR.  So it was obvious trouble was looming.

The cheating itself actually doesn't bother me that much, because it's #576 in the "dramatic" and contrived plot twists that Glee does for impact.  This is a show that tries to pull off eating disorders, fake pregnancies, tboning resulting in near paralysis and then miraculous  recovery, a student sleeping with the adoptive mother/teacher of his daughter,a bully who is secretly gay and tries to commit suicide, Finn going back to Quinn after she cheated on him and encouraging her to cheat,  sexual abuses, a school shooting...?!?   etc, etc, etc.   In the great scheme of things Blaine cheating with a random face book guy doesn't really rate that horrible a crime among the steaming pile of hot messes that Glee churns out.  Sorry , but it doesn't to me.

Besides, the "better boyfriend" debates of Kurt versus Blaine are so entrenched by some fans  it didn't matter what the hell the show did. 

The problem for me wasn't the act itself, but of course , as in most things in Glee, the damn execution of  the storyline.

Good writers could have had either Blaine OR Kurt cheating and still managed to make an interesting story that didn't throw the characters completely under the bus and given both POV. Even if  Blaine had cheated with a busload of Facebook guys for weeks I wouldn't have cared as long as they gave Kurt more than two minutes of screentime to cope with the situation and react.  

The problem with the way the cheating was done was it pitted the fandoms against each other because it clearly spelled out that despite Kurt's "relative" neglect, there was no justifiable reason for Blaine to cheat so quickly.  It was so stupid to have him cheat after Kurt reassures him they are going to get together within 2 weeks.  Just sloppy writing because it didn't build up why, even if halfassed, Blaine would have cheated the way he did. If say, Kurt would have told Blaine, "Sorry, I'm too busy and we can't get together in two weeks", and the writers  would have Blaine getting more desperate and misinterpreting something (Ie he thinks Kurt is going out on a date with the Chase character) then his cheating, while still not justified, would have made more sense and not so much out of left field.

Regardless,  what the hell was RIB thinking?  Of course by making Blaine cheat  it was going to pit the Blaine stans against the Kurt stans, but even that isn't my main pet peeve.

The cheating SL was used to break them up, but it wasn't something to forward Kurt's SL or NY life at all.  That is my biggest gripe.  I don't give a rat's ass if Blaine was given a thousand songs of regret, of contrition , if Sam calls him a hero, etc.   Whatever, Kurt would get maybe two minutes of screentime if that.

The show should have shown Kurt trying to pick up the pieces by being angry and having one good "fuck you" song, or a song about heartbreak, they should have had him drunk and commiserating with Rachel, etc. for more than 2 minutes of screentime in any episode.  That is what pisses me off about the whole thing.

For whatever reason, after Episode 4 , the NY narrative got reduced in screen time and just like the Blaine cheating, I don't really care that Rachel had her Cassandra/Brody drama, Glee should have given Kurt time to really get coping with being suddenly single in NY and struggling with that.  Chris actually did miracles with the scenes he did have, and displayed a fairly wide range of emotions in the two minutes of screentime the show would give him.

It's too late to salvage the cheating SL, it's too late to give Kurt one frigging episode to highlight his POV in the arc, it's too late to justify their getting together by a gradual reconciliation, but that's Glee , it's how it rolls. It's irrelevant to me how  badly Blaine treated Kurt  at this point.  It's irrelevant that they didn't show Kurt in another relationship.    The show never fixed some similar problems with Finchel and there is only one very sad reason how that got resolved.

So at this point, I just want them to wrap it up, if they are going to reconcile Kurt to Blaine, so be it.   Just give him more than two minutes of screentime  for whatever SL's he's going to have, whether with Blaine or without , with Rachel or without, with Santana or without.  Chis has shown he can handle any SL, whether dramatic or comedic, he has the acting chops.  He has a fan base and audience good will.   The problem isn't Blaine or Rachel, it's the writers not respecting the character of Kurt enough to give him storylines that take up more than two minutes of screentime.

It isn't rocket science here.

There, I feel much better. Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/29/2013, 12:46 pm

banzai Yes!!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/29/2013, 12:51 pm

Unfortunately for me I really really hate Blaine's character so even if Kurt was the whole 45 minutes on screen but shared all of it with Blaine I couldn't enjoy it that much. Maybe I am bitter, fanatic, rudiculous and I am not sure what else Kurt's stan but I just cannot help to feel that way.

Last edited by arina on 8/29/2013, 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/29/2013, 12:58 pm

Believe me, I'm not trying to impose my POV on anyone else, just using the "snark and bark" to let off steam.

I think every fan is a fan in their own way, there is no monolithic way of reacting to anything or anyone, or else there shouldn't be.

Personally, I don't think that any of Kurt's relationships are inherently toxic (Rachel, Blaine, Santana, etc) but I dont' worry too much about the other characters because when he's on the screen the Kurt character never recedes into wallpaper, Chris is such a good actor that he more than holds his own on the screen with all the other actors/characters to me. Kurt cant' help but "pull focus". Just get him on the screen. tonguue 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/29/2013, 1:03 pm

arina wrote:Unfortunately for me I really really hate Blaine's character so even if Kurt was the whole 45 minutes on screen but shared all of it with Blaine I couldn't enjoy it that much. Maybe I am bitter, fanatic, rudiculous and I am not sure what else Kurt's stan but I just cannot help to feel that way.
That is exactly my problem as well. I cannot enjoy heavy Klaine storyline anymore, I just can't. But at least they are for now still seperated by states. Maybe by having Klaine reunited, they will actually allow to give Kurt some non-romantic storylines again.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/29/2013, 1:05 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
arina wrote:Unfortunately for me I really really hate Blaine's character so even if Kurt was the whole 45 minutes on screen but shared all of it with Blaine I couldn't enjoy it that much. Maybe I am bitter, fanatic, rudiculous and I am not sure what else Kurt's stan but I just cannot help to feel that way.
That is exactly my problem as well. I cannot enjoy heavy Klaine storyline anymore, I just can't. But at least they are for now still seperated by states. Maybe by having Klaine reunited, they will actually allow to give Kurt some non-romantic storylines again.
I agree too.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/29/2013, 1:12 pm

To me it comes down to: how badly do I want to see Kurt/Chris on my screen?

Then it really doesn't become much of a choice.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next