Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remembering Cory

+33
Buenos
Georgette888
coxfire
Kurt Hummel
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
Ireth
arina
ladydianab
Catt24
Divalicious
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Vir Cotto
opals
Ranwing
Piciollina
Jellyrolls
kac
bayth
Lottie2303
tanita_mors
TimF
fantastica
glimmerle
sheny
Delight
valkeakuulas
ColferGirl
AnneNeville
ChrisColferFan1
CloveGlee
ColferInspired
37 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Remembering Cory - Page 4 Empty Re: Remembering Cory

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/14/2013, 6:05 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:How did he go so downhill SO fast?! There were literally no warning signs at all, other than the April rehab. He wasn't even a chronic case. Oh, my God....

People were noticing the weight loss early in Season Four.

I know. Many people thought he was getting healthier and more into shape... :(

Yes, helped by pap shots of hiking, etc. That was the party line. They even wrote it into "I Do" (Finn said he'd been on a diet). They knew.

Good Lord! I was so angry at him when the news of rehab broke in April. I was scared he was going to end up like this, but not so soon. I knew of his past issues, and I was angry/scared he would slide backwards and end up like Cory Haim...I was thinking, "Now is your chance. You are on a successful show and with a stable woman. Don't do this to yourself. You can have any resource you want to pull yourself up now. Therapy, at least one YEAR of rehab. Don't be like this. Don't throw it all away..." I was harsh, but I was just scared. I was yelling at him in my mind so that the worst case scenario would not happen.

I got such a bad feeling when he was out of rehab in less than one month. But even then, I did not expect this at all. I did secretly fear this would happen years from now, I was hoping he'd prove me wrong.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/14/2013, 6:45 pm

Addiction is an insidious, vicious monster. You can spend your entire life fighting it and one small mistake can cost you everything. I give Cory credit that he was always upfront about his problems and I understand completely that this was something that would always challenge him. I was proud of him that he had the good sense to get himself back into rehab when he felt that he was losing control earlier this year. We don't know what happened. I am assuming that drugs were a factor in Cory's death and the odds are that I might be right. I hope that I'm not, but in the end, does that really matter? Cory will still be gone. Lea will still be mourning her love. Chris, Matt, Mark and the others will still be mourning their friend and cast mate. In the end, does it really matter what cost him his life?

We can hope that if it is determined that drugs were a factor that it could serve as a warning to Cory's fans about the dangers of drugs, but we've had so many of those warnings. Heath Leger, Amy Winehouse, and so many others. We didn't need Cory's death to warn us about how damaging drug addiction in.

I will miss Cory as a great actor who didn't have the chance to really fulfill his potential and for the creation of a character that touched me deeply. My sympathy will be with his family and friends who lost something very precious and irreplaceable. In the end, that is all that matters.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 7/14/2013, 6:51 pm

Cory Monteith may have had fame and fortune, but the one thing the Glee star craved was a life free of drugs.

"He was super committed to getting sober," a source tells me. "He would say this was his last chance."
Monteith entered rehab in late March.

"Cory Monteith has voluntarily admitted himself into a treatment facility for substance addiction," his rep said at the time.

"He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery."
A source says the actor spent time at Betty Ford in California and at the Crossroads Centre, a drug and alcohol addiction rehab on Antigua that was cofounded by musician Eric Clapton.

"There was an intervention to get him into Betty Ford," the source said.

Monteith was first spotted after rehab at LAX leaving for a Mexican vacation with girlfriend Lea Michele.

He looked happy and healthy as the couple walked through the airport.

"I'm very excited," his Glee costar Kevin McHale said the next day. "I saw the pictures. He looks great."

He added, "It was the right thing to do."

Our source said that after rehab, Monteith was dedicated to attending 12-step meetings. "He was worried about the press around it," the source said. "But he knew he had to do this because his life was depending on it."

Monteith made his first red carpet appearance after rehab on June 8 at the 12th annual Chrysalis Butterfly Ball in L.A.

Looking at Monteith in his grey Calvin Klein suit, white shirt with small polka dots and a matching tie, Michele gushed, "I think he looks great, doesn't he? He's the best."

It was at the same event the year before that Monteith publicly confirmed he and Michele were dating when he told E! News that the evening was a "date night."

Back in 2011, Monteith revealed he entered rehab when he was 19.

"I don't want kids to think it's OK to drop out of school and get high, and they'll be famous actors, too," he told Parade magazine. "But for those people who might give up: Get real about what you want and go after it."

Source

That there was an intervention and the suggestion that his month was split between two places is new information, but I remember--I think--some confusion when he flew in from Antigua. I don't know why one would split a single month of rehab between two centers, unless there was another rehab stint we know nothing about.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/14/2013, 7:23 pm

Gosh, I don't know how Matthew was able to go onstage today, but this is incredibly touching:

Translated from GOBR:

On Sunday afternoon, Matthew Morrison entered the small stage of Below 54 in Manhattan, their first performance after the news of the death of Cory Monteith, who starred alongside Mr. Morrison on "Glee".

Before the show started, Mr. Morrison first talked about the unexpected death of Mr. Monteith, on Saturday in a hotel room in Vancouver, British Columbia. Mr. Monteith played an upbeat high school student in "Glee," but he battled substance abuse problems in his personal life.

Calling Mr. Monteith brother, he expressed his sorrow and condolences. And, changing his opening number, he sang a capella, "What I Did For Love" from the musical "A Chorus Line". The song was also featured on the second season of "Glee".After the number, Morrison also gave a two-finger salute.

When he finished, he acknowledged that it was "strange" to continue the performance because of the death of Mr. Monteith, but said: "You came to see a show, I came to do a show, and that's what we'll do. And let's do it in honor of Cory ".

source

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 7/14/2013, 7:33 pm

Ah, the old fashioned theatre "the show must go on" mentality. If performing is cathartic for MM, then good for him. It may have been cathartic for many in the audience as well.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/14/2013, 7:50 pm

yes the show must go on. i told my children before that after I die i want them to not cry on my funeral but to tell jokes and have a big feast, to celebrate the living, not death. i want to see them all move on and be happy.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/14/2013, 8:00 pm

Will this "the show must go on" mentality progress over to Glee? I don't know. I get that it's a long standing tradition, but it feels disrespectful. I prefer the "moment of silence". Then again, carrying on in someone's memory can be seen as an act of respect too, so I don't know....

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/14/2013, 8:05 pm

Speaking of the "show must go on" mentality, I've read that tonight is the last show of Jane Lynch on Broadway, and there's a picture of her circulating on internet, in which she looks sad and wearing black.

I think, each people live its mourning as is better for them. Is something so personal.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/14/2013, 8:16 pm

I haven't been here in awhile because of personal reasons but I just had to log on to check on everyone. I was shocked when I first found out. I saw all kinds of stuff on Glee Forum last night and was wondering what was going on. Then the news came out.

I wasn't a big fan of Cory but really enjoyed him on Glee. He was really talented. I hope everyone here is alright.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 7/14/2013, 8:17 pm

brisallie wrote:Speaking of the "show must go on" mentality, I've read that tonight is the last show of Jane Lynch on Broadway, and there's a picture of her circulating on internet, in which she looks sad and wearing black.

I think, each people live its mourning as is better for them. Is something so personal.

I'm not sure how they'll do it, but there must be a lot of money sunk into Season Five already.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/14/2013, 8:27 pm

they are good at changing scripts at hte last minute. remember whitney houston's death? and the timing of BGs tribute episode? i bet they will kill Finn off in the first episode or two and make everyone weep and then mention Cory's name in the very end. they are good at turning a big news item into a bigger PSA episode.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/14/2013, 8:38 pm

What a tragic, awful mess. Even worse than a slow, trainwreck of a downward spiral is a sudden death. I was so angry at him, scared this would happen. Now it has, and I feel guilty for feeling anger about something I've been lucky enough not to deal with myself. Lots of people thought he was getting better. I didn't follow his story closely because I was so scared of what I would find...the very, very short stint in rehab made me think that whatever I would find wouldn't be good news. I was cautiously optimistic though. Hoped he would get better, just like he had before at the young age of 19. All was quiet on the news front, and Glee was chugging ahead. Lea and Cory were on outings all the time. Chris' book was coming out soon. Cory was filming a movie, I believe? Everything seemed normal. No big concerns here.

Remember rolling my eyes at the Finchel/Klaine tweet I saw last night, with the promise that today would be a good day for Glee fans. I wanted to, as usual, bitch about the dumb endgame ships but for some reason held it in. So glad I did. It doesn't matter if you hate a ship or a character, this is a real human being. So very, very sad. I feel bad for feeling so cynical towards it all.

I hope and pray Lea and everyone can get through this.

And dear Chris, please, please don't ever go down this route.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/14/2013, 8:49 pm

I read somewhere else, someone suggesting the 5x01 episode it shouldn't be an episode itself, but a tribute to Cory, and I'm totally disagree with it, because it looks like they're using Cory's death in order to get more rating. And for me that is degrading.

I found this on tumblr and I think summarize the impact on Cory's death:

I think Cory’s passing broke the hearts of so many fandoms, because it made us realise that our idols
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/15/2013, 1:11 am

Sometimes with grief you try help with some humour.

I saw this on tumblr and it made me smile.

I hope this can make others smile. neutre 

I like to imagine Cory arriving in heaven, testing out his new body and surroundings. And then an idea occurs to him. No longer encumbered by his earthly form, he decides to attempt the impossible. But then…

“Damn. I still can’t dance."
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 7/15/2013, 4:41 am

These are really really sad news. I loved Cory and his way of making Finn look like a goof, and being so endearing at it. It must be really really hard for Lea right now, and I guess the rest of the cast is devastated too, mainly those that knew him since the first season.

I know the "show must go on" spirit is not uncommon in this business, but this will seriously affect the show. I don't know how they can "send off" Finn, or how Lea would feel playing with a new LI. as much as I disliked Finchel (or rather the "soulmates!endgame! crap that surrounded it), they were a huge part of Glee. It's not going to be te same now.

As for Chris, he and Cory used to get on so well, he must have hit him hard.

Very sad news.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 7/15/2013, 9:31 am

I will remember Cory most for his sweet and goofy, and sometimes mischievous smile; his pride and unselfish respect in and for Chris; his modest and generous spirit and his hilarious sense of humour. He was a delightful man and I look back on him with affection and respect.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/15/2013, 10:15 am

coxfire wrote:These are really really sad news. I loved Cory and his way of making Finn look like a goof, and being so endearing at it. It must be really really hard for Lea right now, and I guess the rest of the cast is devastated too, mainly those that knew him since  the first season.

I know the "show must go on" spirit is not uncommon in this business, but this will seriously affect the show. I don't know how they can "send off" Finn, or how Lea would feel playing with a new LI. as much as I disliked Finchel (or rather the "soulmates!endgame! crap that surrounded it), they were a huge part of Glee. It's not going to be te same now.

Very sad news.

The best thing they can do IMO with Rachel, if Lea doesn't quit the show of course, is to focus on her career and friendships and not give her a new LI. At least not for the next 1 or even 2 seasons. I can't image how painful it will be for Lea if they decide to bring a new guy for Rachel.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 7/15/2013, 10:42 am

Truth be told, I'm a bit angry. Cory obviously had his demons, but he never glorified his addictions and seemed to genuinely want to overcome them. It pisses me off that a struggling, but good guy like Cory is taken from this world far too soon and spent his last hours alone in a hotel room; while other asshole celebs just keep glamorizing their drug habits.

Rest in peace, Cory. I pray you are in a better place where you are both healthy and happy. You brought many of us a lot of joy over these past few years and we thank you. And while I'm sure it wasn't your intent, in the end you taught us that not everyone can party like Charlie Sheen and get away with it. You taught us that fighting addiction is one of the most difficult things many will ever do, but giving in to addiction is gambling with your very life and that sometimes you lose sooner than later.

Your passing is a tragedy, but in the end maybe you have still found a way to inspire. You may have lost your battle, but you fought it with honesty, class, and dignity.  Perhaps you have shown others struggling how to do the same-your passing a sober reminder of what can happen when one stops fighting addiction even for one moment.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/15/2013, 12:11 pm

cory is genuinely a good man. he made a mistake of getting into drugs when young and the damage done was permanent. I read that many of these chemicals actually alters brain permanently such as creating or increasingly receptors for those drug chemicals so that you will always crave for them for the rest of your life. young people whose brains are still growing are especially vulnerable. Once you are addicted to them it's a life long battle to stay clean, and it takes tremendous amount of will power one day at a time.

i hope his untimely death will be an alarm to young people to stay away from these harmful substances. it takes one bad mistake to ruin your otherwise brilliant future.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/15/2013, 12:15 pm

^ i think i am putting the cart before the horse and assumed too much in my above statement. until the autopsy is official nobody knows the cause of his death. he might have died from prescription drug like Heath Ledger did, or simply had a heart attack or stroke as it can happen to apparently very healthy young people too, though very very rarely.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 7/15/2013, 12:29 pm

fantastica wrote:^ i think i am putting the cart before the horse and assumed too much in my above statement. until the autopsy is official nobody knows the cause of his death. he might have died from prescription drug like Heath Ledger did, or simply had a heart attack or stroke as it can happen to apparently very healthy young people too, though very very rarely.

That is true. The interview of Cory's young cousin that was released seemed to suggest that he, at the very least, suspects that the truth will be unattractive, because he pleads over and over for people to remember the good, genuine person Cory was, and not to judge him by the last chapter of his life.

He found out about Cory via social media. Sad.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/15/2013, 12:34 pm

sheny wrote:
coxfire wrote:These are really really sad news. I loved Cory and his way of making Finn look like a goof, and being so endearing at it. It must be really really hard for Lea right now, and I guess the rest of the cast is devastated too, mainly those that knew him since  the first season.

Very sad news.

The best thing they can do IMO with Rachel, if Lea doesn't quit the show of course, is to focus on her career and friendships and not give her a new LI. At least not for the next 1 or even 2 seasons. I can't image how painful it will be for Lea if they decide to bring a new guy for Rachel.

A new LI would be so awful. Now, I've always hated the endgame couples of Finchel, Klaine and Brittana, but this is just tragic. But yes, bringing in a new LI for Rachel would be so, so hard on Lea. I can't see them putting her through that. Finchel might have been a fictional couple, but Lea was also dating Cory in real life. This would be so hard for her.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/15/2013, 12:40 pm

fantastica wrote:^ i think i am putting the cart before the horse and assumed too much in my above statement. until the autopsy is official nobody knows the cause of his death. he might have died from prescription drug like Heath Ledger did, or simply had a heart attack or stroke as it can happen to apparently very healthy young people too, though very very rarely.

Normal 31 year olds don't just drop dead like that. Given his past, I'm pretty sure we all know what happened. And prescription drugs are just as dangerous and addictive as "street drugs"....especially if you combine medications or take them with alcohol.

Let this be a lesson to young people...they are not invincible. Don't ever start drugs, kids. You are literally fighting your own body's chemistry for the rest of your life. Very hard to fight off this sort of thing, I've been told. Recovering addicts of all kinds have said that everyday is a struggle. One slip up/relapse can cost you your life.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/15/2013, 12:47 pm

i heard on NPR once that in very rare instances even healthy young people can get stroke. one of my teacher died from a bursting blood vessle in his brain and he was in his late thirties. he seemed very healthy and worked out regularly. you never know.

regardless of the true cause of Cory's death, his addiction was real and its nasty effect was permanent.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/15/2013, 12:48 pm

I have to make a confession. I have one really unattractive character trait: I can be stone cold when it comes to harsh emotions. I am very good to switch them off and to just ignore them indefinitely. My sisters always complained when they were crying and I just stood next to them being emotionless. Of course I suffer, but I suffer differently. In terms of Cory it was the same. Hence, why I wrote very little yesterday.

Yesterday I spend a lot of time being insensitive and thinking more about the implications for Glee, how I’d feel if this would happen to my idol (that nearly ruined me, because alas every now and then I actually have emotions), but also about Lea and how devastated she must be. Therefore I decided not to say anything at all, because I only write something with sincerity and I knew why thoughts were not appropriate for the moment.

I didn’t get Cory died. I still don’t get it. I am shocked – for sure! I cannot believe he died! I cannot believe he is gone! I got it when someone posted on tumblr his first and last performance was “Don’t stop believing”. That broke me… for five minutes. I was back to normal.

I guess I’ll get it when I see the next episode of Glee. I need to the place I associate the person with before I realize they are gone. I suspect watching Glee will make it painfully obvious what happened and how it will change the show forever.

I don’t know how I want Glee to handle it. I actually like the idea of Finn getting a job in Hawaii and he is allowed to have this great life with marriage, children and fun. Having a great, fullfilling life that was stolen from Cory. I don’t want a ‘dream’ sequence. They cannot do a large time jump as they have to handle graduation. They need to pay him a tribute and I don’t envy them for making a decision. It will be hard. I wonder how much Lea will be available. I really don’t know what to want, expect and feel about it. I am just so shocked decisions like this need to be made.

R.I.P. Cory.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next