Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remembering Cory

+33
Buenos
Georgette888
coxfire
Kurt Hummel
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
Ireth
arina
ladydianab
Catt24
Divalicious
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Vir Cotto
opals
Ranwing
Piciollina
Jellyrolls
kac
bayth
Lottie2303
tanita_mors
TimF
fantastica
glimmerle
sheny
Delight
valkeakuulas
ColferGirl
AnneNeville
ChrisColferFan1
CloveGlee
ColferInspired
37 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Remembering Cory - Page 9 Empty Re: Remembering Cory

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/19/2013, 1:57 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Harmony wrote:Hi guys!  

I'm Jessica, username Harmony.  I'm a moderator over at Glee Forum, but rest assured, I come in peace!  

So we have a thread there where people are writing love letters to Cory, and initially it was a way to express our grief and celebrate him, but I was planning on printing them all out, with everyone's permission, and put it all on a posterboard and drop it off at the hotel Cory passed at, as I'm only a few hours drive away.  Unfortunately due to personal issues, I'm unable to go to Canada at this time so I've actually decided to create a scrapbook and ship it to his team, and perhaps one day it'll reach his family or Lea and show them first hand just how much he influenced and inspired us.  

Unfortunately, the book I have is 75 massive pages and each letter takes up less than 1/4 of a page. So I'm going around various Glee sites and asking if anybody had a letter I could include.  I know a lot of you guys love him, and some of you were and are members of GF, so if anyone has something to send, please PM it to me here or there and I'll happily include it.

Thank you, and take care!
Jessica

Sorry it's taking so long! I will have my submission ready by tonight. Smile

And guys, they are going to drop these off at the hotel on Friday, so feel free to submit yours as well.

Hehe. I just realized how SBL this all sounds. Various people writing submissions, I mean.

banzai 

Okay, just sent mine in! mrgreen 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/19/2013, 2:02 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
Harmony wrote:Hi guys!  

I'm Jessica, username Harmony.  I'm a moderator over at Glee Forum, but rest assured, I come in peace!  

So we have a thread there where people are writing love letters to Cory, and initially it was a way to express our grief and celebrate him, but I was planning on printing them all out, with everyone's permission, and put it all on a posterboard and drop it off at the hotel Cory passed at, as I'm only a few hours drive away.  Unfortunately due to personal issues, I'm unable to go to Canada at this time so I've actually decided to create a scrapbook and ship it to his team, and perhaps one day it'll reach his family or Lea and show them first hand just how much he influenced and inspired us.  

Unfortunately, the book I have is 75 massive pages and each letter takes up less than 1/4 of a page. So I'm going around various Glee sites and asking if anybody had a letter I could include.  I know a lot of you guys love him, and some of you were and are members of GF, so if anyone has something to send, please PM it to me here or there and I'll happily include it.

Thank you, and take care!
Jessica

Sorry it's taking so long! I will have my submission ready by tonight. Smile

And guys, they are going to drop these off at the hotel on Friday, so feel free to submit yours as well.

Hehe. I just realized how SBL this all sounds. Various people writing submissions, I mean.

banzai 

Okay, just sent mine in! mrgreen 

I sent mine in already. I send it in a PM here.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/19/2013, 5:15 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:I sent mine in  already. I send it in a PM  here.

Good! That book will need as many messages as possible in order to fill it up, which should be no trouble at all.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/19/2013, 5:23 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:

Good! That book will need as many messages as possible in order to fill it up, which should be no trouble at all.

I agree. I don't really go to Glee Forum any more did the other day, but only to read The Cory messages thread.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/19/2013, 5:29 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

I agree. I don't really go to  Glee Forum any more did the other day,  but only to read The Cory  messages  thread.

I'd like to go there, but I think my computer would freak out.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/601a2b0f8c7dd0d53a16a6fe3f82784d/tumblr_mq6s6801em1s9u0m9o1_1280.jpg

^ This always made me laugh. XD

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/19/2013, 9:07 pm

I wanted to write a letter, but the inspiration didn't come up and I only wrote this:

My sweet dear Cory,I know lots of things have been published these days, but for me you will always be that tall goofy guy, who everywhere he went had that crooked smile that made us to fell in love with you. For me you were a diamond in the rough, who blossomed as the seasons passed, who at the end turned into a truly leader not only for the glee cast, but also for us, the fans.

Love u.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/19/2013, 10:34 pm

brisallie wrote:I wanted to write a letter, but the inspiration didn't come up and I only wrote this:

My sweet dear Cory,I know lots of things have been published these days, but for me you will always be that tall goofy guy, who everywhere he went had that crooked smile that made us to fell in love with you. For me you were a diamond in the rough, who blossomed as the seasons passed, who at the end turned into a truly leader not only for the glee cast, but also for us, the fans.

Love u.

That was beautiful. Short but sweet. Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/20/2013, 1:43 am

It appears Jonathan Groff was a ruse.

As it turns out Lea never left LA and was with Chris and Diana, up to when she went to Vancouver.

Lea is putting together the memorial service herself, as Corey was cremated.

Chris was at the Paramount studio's yesterday up to three hours apparently. Someone that was doing the tour, saw him and tweeted about it. They said he looked sad.

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/20/2013, 3:11 am

ColferInspired wrote:It appears Jonathan Groff was a ruse.

As it turns out Lea never left LA and was with Chris and Diana, up to when she went to Vancouver.

Chris was at the Paramount studio's yesterday up to three hours apparently. Someone that was doing the tour, saw him and tweeted about it. They said he looked sad.

Poor baby :(  Now I'm a little scared was he sad because of Cory and the Finn related things he will have to shoot or because they told him they're dropping the NY side and he will be without a job soon.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/20/2013, 3:20 am

sheny wrote:

Poor baby :(  Now I'm a little scared was he sad because of Cory and the Finn related things he will have to shoot or because they told him they're dropping the NY side and he will be without a job soon.

I don't know.

I don't think they can risk losing him, but I am guessing that he was there to discuss the new season. It would have to do with Corey.

Chris is doing an interview on UK radio 21st July. I put it in the CC appreciation thread.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 7/20/2013, 6:19 am

The interview is prerecorded from time when he was in London I think.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/20/2013, 6:36 am

ColferInspired wrote:
sheny wrote:

I don't know.

I don't think they can risk losing him, but I am guessing that he was there to discuss the new season. It would have to do with Corey.

Chris is doing an interview on UK radio 21st July. I put it in the CC appreciation thread.

I don't blame him for looking sad...he just lost a friend. :(

I don't think they are cutting NYC anytime soon. Lea is still on the show, and that means Chris and Naya will be too. They just lost one of their strongest actors...one of the originals...now is not the time to cut loose the remaining few that keep people tuning in in the first place.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/20/2013, 10:32 am

chris always looks "sad" when he's not posing/smiling. that's his face. that said, i am sure he was very very shocked and saddened w/ cory's passing. i do think that life goes on for both him and Lea as well as the rest of the gang. these people are successful because they know how to deal w/ stress and adversities. they are a lot tougher than some fans think. neutre 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/20/2013, 10:47 am

fantastica wrote:chris always looks "sad" when he's not posing/smiling. that's his face. that said, i am sure he was very very shocked and saddened w/ cory's passing. i do think that life goes on for both him and Lea as well as the rest of the gang. these people are successful because they know how to deal w/ stress and adversities. they are a lot tougher than some fans think. neutre 

Ha. He does, doesn't he? I also have one of those faces....people ask me what's wrong constantly when I'm just minding my own business. It's really annoying. That being said, I'm sure he and especially Lea are just rocked to the core by this...he was there since the beginning right along with them.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/20/2013, 11:01 am

and I naturally have an "angry" face. if i pose for hte camera, i have to REALLY smile, or it would look like I am about to kill someone. Smile 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/20/2013, 11:05 am

fantastica wrote:and I naturally have an "angry" face. if i pose for hte camera, i have to REALLY smile, or it would look like I am about to kill someone. Smile 

LOL! Me too! tonguue 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/20/2013, 11:55 am

I think we all read too much into every little detail that trickles about Chris and Lea. I feel all of us have been little on the edge cause we're so worried about them, Chris especially since we want all the good for him.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/20/2013, 12:12 pm

^ yup
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/20/2013, 12:59 pm

I do think Chris would naturally be shaken up by this, though. He did lose a friend and a co-worker. His silence on Twitter says it all. Is he depressed over it? Probably not. I think the only person who is at risk for actually becoming depressed over the Cory situation is Lea because she would be hit the hardest with losing her lover.

But it does make sense that he'd be sad about it.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 7/20/2013, 1:09 pm

Yeah, people always mention Chris looks sad even if most of the time it's really just his normal face expres​sion(not saying he wasn't sad this time, it would be definitely understandable if he was)... I am not worried about the cast,  I just feel really sorry for them. Losing friend is always very hard and I think at first it's also going to be really sad and depressing to be on a set for them... For Lea it has to be even much harder than for the others because she didn't lost only friend and colleague she lost the person she had a lot of plans with, person she probably wanted to spent her life with, her life has to be absolutely upside down right now and this has to be alot to take even for the strongest people..
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/20/2013, 1:47 pm

I would Chris to be deeply saddened by what happened, but I think that his concern will be more for Lea (and if the reports are right, he's been a source of support for her). He lost a friend and coworker, but Lea's relationship with Cory was a romantic one and I expect that his first concern will be helping her through this.

For someone who normally is pretty active on social media, this radio silence is pretty telling of where his head is at now.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 7/20/2013, 3:45 pm

Ryan Murphy has been interviewed about Cory and what will happen with Glee.  He sounds very eloquent and heartbroken:

On Friday, Fox announced that production on Glee would be pushed back until August in the wake of Cory Monteith‘s sudden death last week. The postponement subsequently moved the show’s Season 5 premiere back a week, to Sept. 26.

The relatively short delay was met with surprise given the enormity of the tragedy, particularly for the show’s leading lady and real-life girlfriend Lea Michele.

Here, Glee cocreator Ryan Murphy breaks his silence on the actor’s passing, explains the thinking behind the brief postponement (and the role Michele played in the decision), and offers the first glimpse of how Glee will carry on without Finn.

TVLINE | Thanks for your time. I know you wanted to talk a little bit about the reason for the one-week delay and why it wasn’t longer. Some people thought maybe it should be.
Well, it’s such uncharted waters for me, personally. We had several options. We could delay shooting until November, we could delay shooting until January. But, ultimately, what we decided to do for the cast and crew was start shooting with something that we had already had written. We had written two Beatles episodes in May and had been working on that tribute for four years. We just decided that it would probably be the best for everybody to get back together and be working and have grief counselors on set for two weeks, which we’re going to do. But, ultimately, we made no decisions without consulting Lea. [Executive producer] Brad Falchuk and I talked to Lea and really asked her what she wanted to do. We laid out every possible option. And she was very adamant that she thought it was best for the cast and crew to get back together sooner [rather] than later so that mortgages could be paid and people could take care of their families. Cory was so beloved that she felt people really needed to be together in this time. So we sort of followed her lead.

TVLINE | Will you address Finn’s absence in the first two episodes?
I don’t think so. We were supposed to be on in the fall with four episodes, and that’s just not going to happen. So we’re going to go on the air with two episodes and right now we’re writing the third episode, which deals with Finn’s death – which, you can imagine, is a very difficult episode to write. [It] has to be done very carefully and with a lot of taste and really making sure that it’s a tribute to Cory. Then, who knows? Maybe we’ll wait to shoot that. We really have to see how everybody feels… We’re going to take a long writers’ hiatus after that episode to refigure the season and continue to take care of the cast and crew and work on setting things up in Cory’s honor – scholarships, what have you – because that’s something we’re dedicated to doing. It’s just a crazy, really difficult, very emotional time. I think what we’re really trying to do is deal with it as a family, which is what that group of people is. Lea is obviously very grief-stricken but she’s also one of the strongest people I know. She wants people to be better and get back to work. So that’s what we’re going to do.

TVLINE | So Lea will be back with the show at the start of Season 5, including the Beatles two-parter?
Yes. She wants to be with people. The [Glee] family is her family. She wants to be with the cast and the crew.

TVLINE | The tribute episode will be shot immediately after the two-parter, then you go on hiatus?
Yes. I mean, who knows how long it’s going to take to craft and what it’s going to be? I just got back into town Tuesday from shooting [HBO's The Normal Heart] and immediately, even in New York, was dealing with the specifics of Cory’s death. I don’t have all the answers. But I just wanted people to know that no decision has been taken lightly and it’s been a week where everyone, from [20th Century Fox TV chiefs] Dana Walden and Gary Newman to [Fox bosses] Kevin Reilly and Peter Rice to [21st Century Fox chairman and CEO] Rupert Murdoch, everyone has weighed in and wanted us to do the best thing for the cast and crew.

TVLINE | And in terms of what fans will see on TV, the two Beatles episodes will air, followed by the tribute episode, and then a hiatus?
Yes. It’s impossible to start the season with the tribute episode; we have no time to prepare it.

TVLINE | You mentioned that you’ve spoken to Lea. A lot of people are really curious about how she’s holding up.
It’s just a very tragic thing. It’s been a very difficult thing for all of us, including Lea, to love someone who is an addict. It’s something all of us have been dealing with for many months. It’s a disease and, unfortunately, the disease flared up. As soon as we found out, we staged an intervention with Cory that Lea was 100 percent running out of love and trying to get him better, saying, “Look. Don’t worry about your job; you will always have a job. Don’t worry about fear. Don’t worry about shame. Just worry about getting better and getting stronger…” He was like a son to me… He was both very loving and very sweet and also very stubborn. I really expected him to fight me. He wanted to finish those last two episodes of [Season 4], and that’s when we found out about the addiction flaring up again and I said, “F–k no. We’re writing you out of these episodes. Your life is more important than any stupid TV show. You’re not going to film. You’re going to get in a car right now and get help that I and Brad and Lea have arranged.” I thought he was going to fight me. He said, instead, “OK, I’m so glad it’s over.” He embraced it and went without a fight and got in a car and went to rehab.

TVLINE | And you thought he was doing OK?
All early reports were that he was doing really well. I spoke to him, and he was really grateful. Lea was very instrumental in trying to save his life and get him the help that he needed and I think for everyone, including myself and her, it’s just a shock. It happened so quickly and without warning, as it often does for many people… She’s also been a rock for many people as well. I’ve never, ever met a 26-year-old girl or boy who’s capable of doing what she’s done in the past week. I marvel at it. I really have taken – as we all have – our lead from Lea. We won’t do anything that she doesn’t want to do. We’re planning a memorial service this week for the cast and crew and people at Fox, everybody who loved him. She’s been planning that and making decisions.

TVLINE | Do you have a memory of Cory that epitomizes who he was for you?
The thing that I struggle with is the darkness that befell him, it was so the opposite of the person that I knew and tried to save. It was a really hard part to cast. The first time I saw Cory was on a videotape where he was playing Tupperware drums. But he was in the first scene of the first shot when I directed the Glee pilot. It was a scene with Mr. Schue and Finn where they were in Mr. Schue’s office and Mr. Schue was framing him. It was a very strange pilot and it was a musical, which nobody had really done successfully. So people were nervous, I was nervous about it. And I remember after his first take, he came up to me and said, “This is gonna be fun.”

source
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/20/2013, 4:05 pm

This interview is so sad. I admire Lea's strength. I don't know what I would've done if I was in her place.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/20/2013, 4:18 pm

Another interview with Ryan about Cory and the new season. There's something that's bothering me in this one but I'll keep my mouth shut (my fingers away from the keyboard) for now.

Ryan Murphy Explains How Glee Will Return Without Cory Monteith: Lea Michele Is the Strongest 26-Year-Old I Know

One week after Cory Monteith’s tragic death,Glee boss Ryan Murphy is breaking his silence, telling E! News how the show will move forward—and how there were discussions that the entire Fox series might be shut down for good. Glee will return for its fifth season on Sept. 26, one week later than originally planned.

Murphy also reveals how everyone—from the head of Fox to the cast and crew—-is looking to and trusting Lea Michele to make all the decisions, and how Murphy himself fought to save Monteith’s life, staging an intervention and refusing to let the 31-year-old actor work until he got sober.

Read on for the full transcript of the intimate and emotional conversation…

I know Cory was a friend. How are you holding up?
Ryan: It’s hard to even explain how personally upsetting it is. You know, we were a group of people who went through something that happens once in a lifetime, and I was close Cory and Lea and I was also someone who was very involved wanting to get Cory sober. We had an incident in March, which has been reported on, where we found out he was using again and staged an intervention in my office with a lot of appropriate people. He wanted to continue working and we said, ‘That’s not an option. No. The TV show doesn’t matter, your life matters.’ So we booked a rehab and a facility and Cory has always been, always was, a strong-willed and very sweet child and I always said he felt like an older son to me. He and I had a very interesting, once in a lifetime relationship, so I was very surprised that he went so readily.

His last words to me were, “I want to get better," and I always felt and continue to feel even in his death that he did, that he really wanted to fight it and he was humiliated and shamed. We reassured him that the only thing that mattered was him getting better and his job was 100 percent protected because he thought he was going to get fired. That has been feeding into all of this, why it’s so shocking and so debilitating and tragically sad because we were all rooting for him and trying to help him in every way that we could, so it feels even more devastating. It also feels in some weird way like I failed, even though I know that that’s plight of addicts, so what can you do? But it’s just really hard and really upsetting. I feel like we did everything that we could and I know that Lea feels she did everything that she could.

How did you decide what to do with the show?
Once you’re faced with this situation, which is devastating…There’s really no way to win in this situation, I feel like, so our position was, do we go off the air permanently? Do we go off the air until November? Do we start shooting again in January? But the thing that we ultimately found that our cast and crew wanted to be together, they wanted to go back to work, they wanted to sort of be in a place where they could all remember and discuss Cory sooner than later. As for me, I really had no set opinion. I was willing to do what people wanted.

So who made the call?
Ultimately the person who made the decision was Lea, who felt that the best thing for the cast and crew was to be together and to get back to work and be together every day and talk about our memories of him. So we decided to do that with Lea’s blessing and we’re going to go back to work and have grief counselors on the set for two weeks because people are really hurting.

What is the plan for the first few episodes back?
We had two episodes that refinished writing in May that were our Beatles tributes that we we’ve been working on for four years, so those were already done. With some slight modifications, we decided, ‘OK, let’s shoot these. Let’s get people back and then let’s take the time to write and deal with a tribute to Cory,’ which I guess we’re going to do for episode three and then after that episode airs, we’re going to go off the air for awhile and take a little hiatus and figure out what is the future of the show. But for now, we just decided to do is continue on working for the next month so people could really deal with this and not feel isolated and alone. That’s something Lea felt strongly about and she really is the one making those decisions. We followed her lead.

Did you really consider ending the show for good?
Yes. If Lea had said to me, ‘I could never do this again and I don’t want to do this again,’ you know, she is sort of the show, so what do you do? And I would’ve, out of respect to her as a person, said ‘OK,’ but that’s not how Lea operates; that’s not how she feels. She’s handled this with so much humanity and grace and she’s also handled this in a way where she’s trying to look out for 500 other people affected by him and who have mortgages to pay and families to feed. That was never on the table for her and I said, ‘OK.’ Nothing has been done and will be done in terms of any of the material without Lea blessing it and making sure it’s OK with her and she has been.

So Lea has made the decisions.
Yes. And I’ve never met any 26-year-old person stronger than Lea. She’s really been the leader in this situation, which is very unfair in a weird way because this show has always been so complicated about characters merging into personal lives, merging into public identity, so it’s just all [bleeping] rough. It’s just rough and it sucks and there’s no right way to do it, but I just wanted people to know that there was nothing done without a lot of thought from a corporate level to a personal level, but ultimately, everyone involved made the decision, ‘OK, what does Lea want to do, what would Lea feel comfortable doing?’ This is what she wants to do.

Do you know what a tribute to Cory will look like and did you have to rewrite anything in those first two episodes back?
We didn’t have to rewrite anything yet, but we haven’t even started doing that because the first thing we’re trying to do is a memorial for Cory this week. We’ve really been putting our energies towards that and reaching out to people, seeing what they want to do. We’re not making any creative decisions or touching any scripts until after that happens. The physical thing about all of it is that Cory and I spoke, we took him to rehab and he left rehab and he wanted to do his own thing and as much as you protest when somebody is in that situation, he’s a grown man and you can’t control him. But we had had a conversation when he was craving to be sober, or at least on the mend, and that was in April and I said, ‘Obviously your job is in tact, but I don’t know how you want to handle work. Maybe you have assisted sober living and not do anything? I really want to know what you think.’ He said, ‘I really want to work a lot. I love the crew, I feel safe with them. I want to be with people who are good influences.’ Our entire season was sort of at Cory’s bequest, keeping him busy and active and around people who were good influences. Now that is gone and that’s why after we shoot this third episode we’re going to do down for an extended hiatus, where we figure out the future of the show because we were really trying to deal with him and take care of him.

How did you decide on the right amount of time to delay the season?
It was really about the cast and crew. People want to be together and I think it’s important that people have an outlet for counseling, which we’re providing on set for two weeks. Because those episodes were already written, we felt and Lea felt it was best if people come back and be together soon than later, so that’s what we did.

Will there be any other changes to production?
I don’t know. We already have a tremendous of security on our sets. The difficult thing about this show is that for many people on the cast and many people on the crew, because they are of a younger group, you know Cory’s death is the first death that they’ve had to experience in their life. I think that a lot of fans are going through that same thing. I’m at a certain age where I’ve had many friends and family members die, the first one was particularly rough and it gives you a whole twisted sense of your future and your life and what you’re going to do. I mean that’s why we’re providing counseling and that’s why we want people to feel that we have, not only a memorial for Cory, but a memorial for Finn. I have no doubt it’s going to be an incredibly rough time, but what else do you do? You either you deal with it head-on or you just disappear until January or February and I think that’s not what people need right now from a position of leadership. We decided that, but to reiterate it, I don’t want anything to feel rushed and I feel like that’s why the third episode we’re going to take a long hiatus so that people can continue to feel taken care of  and just pause and get the help that they need and not feel like we have to be rushing back.

Was there any group decision to not talk to the press? The cast has all been silent, aside from written statements.
Decision as a group to not talk about his death yet
I don’t think that that is the case. I don’t think that we’ve not had any group meetings or group talks. I know that people have really, I mean at the end of the day, All we’re all doing is following Lea’s lead. It really is about what is best for Lea, how does Lea want to move forward. What does she want to do, how does she want to memorialize him. I think she’s handled this with a great amount of decency and grace and privacy. I think that people have just followed her lead.

There was a rumor that production on The Normal Heart was shut down so Jonathan Groff could be with Lea.
The weird thing about all that is Cory had…I was shooting all summer and Cory and Lea had visited me on the set and Jonathan is in that movie. We finished shooting that, so the production was not impacted. It’s a weird movie because we shoot and it shuts down and then we go back to work in November. But it was not affected.

How would you like for Cory to be remembered?
It’s very difficult and emotional for me to talk about that. I just feel like the thing about Cory is that..Cory really was in many ways like that character. Cory was in the first scene of Glee that we shot that I directed in the pilot, he was the first person on camera and it was a very nerve-wracking  time and no one knew what would happen with the show because a musical had never  worked. I was particularly unsure about it and I remember after the first take, he finished his thing and came up to me and leaned down to me and said, ‘This is going to be fun.’ And I think that’s the way he was on the show, on the set; he was a real leader. He was very beloved by the crew. I think Cory was very much like Finn that Cory really was a champion of young artists and the underdog. I hope that that’s how he’s remembered and I think he will be because that’s how he was in real life with his causes and his outreach programs. Also I think a lot of people, a lot of young kids, have watched that evolution of that character and have been touched by it and hopefully that’s his legacy.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/20/2013, 4:33 pm

That was an interesting interview. (ETA: My post is in response to the interview Bayth posted):

You really have to admire Lea's strength here, and her selflessness in realizing that there are people in the cast and crew who rely on the income they get from the show to put a roof over there head and food on their tables.

I think that getting back to work as soon as possible is probably the best thing for all of them--including Lea. When you lose a loved one--whether it be a parent, sibling, close friend, or other relative--it's not easy.  Sometimes getting back into your regular routine is the best thing--you have to try to find that new normal in your life without the one who has passed away.  They will find strength and comfort in each other to get through it.

It's not going to be easy.  It's going to suck to be there when so much reminds them of Cory, especially for Lea since she was the closest to him.  But when one of them is having a hard day, chances are someone else will be having a good day and will be able to provide strength and support to the others (I remember when my mom died, it seemed like each of us had moments where we just broke down and cried, but there was always someone there who was strong enough to hold the rest of us up when we needed it, and each of us had our moments when we were the strong one--it's really about providing strength and support to each other).  

When they do the tribute episode, I really hope that they invite any of the orignal cast members who would like to participate to be part of it, and I hope that they give the original cast members who worked closest and longest with Cory the opportunity to pay tribute to him (i.e. give them the songs and the focus if they want to pay tribute in the episode--not the newbies--though the newbies worked with him a lot last season, their connection to him is no where near what Lea, Chris, Matt, Jane, Mark, Jenna, Kevin, Amber, Naya, etc. had with him).

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 7/20/2013, 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next