Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

+32
CloveGlee
Vir Cotto
Piciollina
Catt24
tanita_mors
MissSoniaPP
ColferGirl
coxfire
Lottie2303
Buenos
glimmerle
Delight
MoviesAreLife
ColdFlame96
Divalicious
Adamina
Jellyrolls
fantastica
SippyCupofLuv
arina
ColferInspired
bayth
brisallie
sheny
ChrisColferFan1
valkeakuulas
AnneNeville
opals
Ireth
TimF
Ranwing
Glorfindel
36 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

Post  Ranwing 7/4/2013, 2:41 pm

Marley is a major snooze as a character and part of the problem is that she's a pale copy of Rachel. Amazingly talented with an unorthodox family background (Rachel has two fathers and an absentee birth mom while Marley is poor and comes from a single parent household). Both have dreams of stardom. Both a pretty girls. What Marley lacks, however, is a trace of Rachel's confidence and edge where she can easily go too far and become unpleasant. Marley is so sweet and nice that not even Sue can ridicule her. Jacob is a copy of his older brother but without Pucks assholish tendencies. Ryder is a bland copy of Finn (or as I've called him before, Finn 3.0. None of them come close to anything that the original cast was able to accomplish on a slow night. I believe that the only reason that Shooting Star existed was to try to make the audience care about the noobs and to stop asking for more of Rachel, Kurt and Santana.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

Post  AnneNeville 7/4/2013, 3:08 pm

Ranwing wrote:Marley is a major snooze as a character and part of the problem is that she's a pale copy of Rachel. Amazingly talented with an unorthodox family background (Rachel has two fathers and an absentee birth mom while Marley is poor and comes from a single parent household). Both have dreams of stardom. Both a pretty girls. What Marley lacks, however, is a trace of Rachel's confidence and edge where she can easily go too far and become unpleasant. Marley is so sweet and nice that not even Sue can ridicule her. Jacob is a copy of his older brother but without Pucks assholish tendencies. Ryder is a bland copy of Finn (or as I've called him before, Finn 3.0. None of them come close to anything that the original cast was able to accomplish on a slow night. I believe that the only reason that Shooting Star existed was to try to make the audience care about the noobs and to stop asking for more of Rachel, Kurt and Santana.

I don't disagree with you about their execution (they are definitely EXECUTED as pale imitations of the originals). I merely maintain that, were we to write out their biographies and personality traits and struggles, they could have been interesting.

But I wrote about that here: Glee Outcasts? No, but they could be . . . if RIB had written them right.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/4/2013, 3:56 pm

Personally, I would have liked to have seen them create characters that really are new and fresh so that we don't spend so much time comparing them to the originals. I would have liked to have seen a girl who has an amazing voice, but who has absolutely no interest in being a performer (maybe she wants to go to medical school) or a boy who ends up arguing with Schu because ND has yet to spend a week focusing on Metallica or Souxie and the Banshees . Maybe a student who is a serious anime fan and shows up for the superheros club dressed like their favorite character. Something original that hasn't been done before. But we get rehashed characters and rehashed storylines that just fall flat.

I'm not saying that with better writing (or better actors) that the noobs as they are envisioned couldn't be better, but I keep falling back to my old argument that the original cast didn't need so much propping and could elevate poor material. This lot sinks like they've got a rock tied around their necks.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 7/4/2013, 5:35 pm

Ranwing wrote:Personally, I would have liked to have seen them create characters that really are new and fresh so that we don't spend so much time comparing them to the originals. I would have liked to have seen a girl who has an amazing voice, but who has absolutely no interest in being a performer (maybe she wants to go to medical school) or a boy who ends up arguing with Schu because ND has yet to spend a week focusing on Metallica or Souxie and the Banshees . Maybe a student who is a serious anime fan and shows up for the superheros club dressed like their favorite character. Something original that hasn't been done before. But we get rehashed characters and rehashed storylines that just fall flat.

I'm not saying that with better writing (or better actors) that the noobs as they are envisioned couldn't be better, but I keep falling back to my old argument that the original cast didn't need so much propping and could elevate poor material. This lot sinks like they've got a rock tied around their necks.

I agree with you that there are a lot of character types that are missing in the ND, and have been from the beginning. I also agree that the originals were generally better actors. However, they also started with the front thirteen episodes, which were a lot richer and gave a lot more to build a character on . . .

But Glee is Glee. What ifs don't help much except in fanfiction, do they?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/9/2013, 9:54 pm

glee currently casting 4 new recurring roles for 5x01 and 5x02 + ask ausiello
Glee are currently casting 4 new recurring roles.
Ruby, Henry, Julie and Ryan.
No more details are currently known. We’ll post more as and when we get it.

spoiler tv http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/07/glee-episode-501502-4-new-recurring.html?m=1

Question: Any scoop on what season 5 of Glee will bring? —Alicia
Ausiello: At least three new female recurring characters, including African-American McKinley newbie Ruby, and twentysomethings Julie and Ryan. Interestingly, actresses auditioning for Ryan must be able to sing and play guitar. Potential portrayers of Julie just need to be cute and quirky.

tvline http://tvline.com/2013/07/09/bones-season-9-spoilers-the-secrets-in-the-proposal/

more mckinley newbie. great. now the 20 something - the girl is probably santana's new girlfriend, and the guy "ryan" aka murphy must be the guy who fxxks blaine from the behindwhile blaine lovingly looks at kurt's photo on the night table. excuse me i just grossed myself out...
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/9/2013, 10:19 pm

It looks more and more likely I won't be watching season 5 at all.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/9/2013, 10:24 pm

Ugh. I know we are supposed to get used to the change and let the show grow and change, but I am so sick of new people and new characters. I know what I want, Kurt mostly...and Rachel, Adam and Santana. I do not want new characters...especially at MK. I'm sick of MK altogether. With both sides of the show still running, the cast is still insanely bloated even with the release of Heather, Dianna, Mark, Amber, Harry, Samuel and Sugar (am I missing someone?) One side needs to go, preferably MK.

Then again, Adam was a new character, and I embraced him pretty quickly. Also, it would be nice to see Santana get a new girlfriend. And what about this Kurt-joins-a-band idea? It sounds neat, and obviously we'll need new characters to play his bandmates although I'd just assume that he'd make a band up of existing Adam's Apples members once Adam graduated and the showchoir disbanded/morphed into something else.

Why can't NYC still get it's own spin-off separate from the parent show? Then MK lovers can have their fun, and we can just tune into Kurt and Co. and their NYC, adult and fresh adventures? It's not too late! Then let the ratings speak for themselves and watch MK's numbers quickly trickle away until it's cancelled before winter break.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/10/2013, 12:12 am

Ryan is a female character.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/10/2013, 12:55 am

So this means they're dropping NY not McKinley? I hate this show. Why do I even bother with this joke anymore.

If Ryan is a female character then Henry can do Blaine while Ryan Murphy is desperately trying to convince us Klaine are soulmates.

Last edited by sheny on 7/10/2013, 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/10/2013, 1:05 am

If they do drop NY I am done for sure with the show.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/10/2013, 1:15 am

All these new female characters will probably have a crush on Blaine, serenade him in front of the whole school twice and vapo-rape him in his sleep.

Julie and Ryan are 20 something so maybe they will be for the NY side. And the actress auditioning for Ryan should know how to play a guitar. What if it has something to do with Chris' idea about Kurt in a band? I don't dare hope anymore because it will probably end in huge disappointment as always.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 7/10/2013, 2:45 am

Oh Ryan's a girl? Some people were speculating that it was Blaines new BF or fanboy to be specific. If her and Julie are 20-something's though, I'll hold out hope that they'll be in the NY side. As much as I love that side as it is, it needs more characters to keep it interesting. On the other hand, if they're getting a new character for McKinley, then that means we might have to deal with Jarley and Blaine for longer than I originally thought. dryy I hope this season is better than last one.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/10/2013, 3:04 am

I think the 20 somethings might even be teachers or teacher aids at the McKinley side. I mean if they lose Ms Pilsbury and Coach Beiste then Will and Sue will be the only teachers. I understand the need to place the "older" casting in NY but as long as I'm thinking the worse I can manage when the obvious shitty things will eventually happen in the actual show.

And if they leave Blaine and Sam in Ohio they can repeat Kurt's SL with Blaine again, which I'd be ready to bet even a little money on. So unless the characters are for NY they are for Blaine, because he needs his Adam...An Adam that is probably allowed to stay unlike the original Adam.

I woke up with a foul mood and it's raining like hell in here after weeks of good weather.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/10/2013, 3:28 am

4 new recurring characters... but we don't have any idea which storyline they'll be servicing yet, do we?

I guess that when we get confirmation as to whether these new characters will be in McKinley or NYC, we wil know whether the promise of NYC focus in the second half of next season is a bald-faced lie or not.

I have the bare minimum of expectations when it comes to Glee now.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/10/2013, 3:34 am

From Ausello's spoiler it looks like they need the new characters for the beginning of the season (episodes 1 and 2) I doubt Blaine will move to NY before episode 10 at least. So if these two 20 something girls are for NY they must be for Kurt, Santana or Rachel's storylines.

I'm almost sure we will never see Adam again. If this Henry guy is a new LI for Blaine they will probably have tons of screen time, kisses, hugs and conversations. Only Kurt is not allowed to have a real onscreen romance with someone other than Blaine.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 7/10/2013, 3:41 am

Well, Ruby needs to be Brittany's replacement, so ND will have 12 members to perform again.   And "reoccurring" could mean anything in terms of importance and screen time/song distribution.  

And I'm pleased that, if Ausiello is right, then the "20-somethings"  Julie and Ryan sound like they might both be ladies for the NYC side.  I'm sure one of them is Santana's new girlfriend, and the other could be Kurcheltana's next door neighbor at the loft, or Rachel's Funny Girl rival, or perhaps a rival for Kurt at Vogue.com, lots of possibilities.  (Hoping beyond hope one of them isn't a love interest for Finn because I'm sick of him and Rachel having countless temporary new love interests - Jesse, Quinn, Brody, etc. give it a rest please RIB.).

I'm most interested in Henry, since Ausiello conspicuously didn't mention him at all.  Yet another newbie?  Or someone for the NY side?  And is it significant that Ausiello chose to be hush hush about him, but not the female characters?  Makes me curious.  My pessimistic side makes me think that, even if he is for the NY side, he'd probably end up being Rachel's stage partner for Funny Girl, playing the male lead.  My optimistic side wonders if he could be someone Kurt meets at Vogue, or if the writers were being honest to Chris about Kurt joining a band, maybe Henry is the one who approaches Kurt about it.  In my wildest dreams he would be a new love interest for Kurt, since I have no hope of Adam returning.  But I'm trying to keep my hope at a simmer for this, especially after how the writers treated - and promptly discarded - Kadam and all the potential of a midgame love interest for Kurt.....which I will never stop feeling bitter and upset about.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/10/2013, 4:17 am

Meh.... new characters. I learnt from S4 that doesn't mean anything exciting.

But I agree, they probably exist to make Blaine look great. In terms of Blaine and that I have to accept he is sticking around, I'd love a storyline that he is 'Ohio's star' but not 'NYC's'. RIB could even pretend they planned it all along in regards to Blaine and Kurt.

Kurt will remain a faithful cheerleader. So no expectations.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/10/2013, 10:44 am

I've read the 'big' news, and as it werent' enough with the big cast they already have, they bring more characters. Yay! :0043: 

To be honest, I'm not excited at all for these news, and though it haven't been mentioned if this Henry boy is for NY or MK plot, I don't want to rise my hopes, because we already seen what happened with Adam last season. Besides, if they add a new boy to NY, he probably will be for Rachel. And speaking of her, whether Julie or Ryan are her new rival, I don't understand why are they repetiting the same plot she had with Cassandra last year. I mean, we already know how that's gonna end: the rival turning into Rachel Berry's big fan.

After said this,still I've the awful feeling that I'll end up watching the new season as I have done the previous years. Well if I'll criticize, I need to do it with properly arguments.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 7/10/2013, 10:59 am

Well, it seems I'll watch this S5 as I did the end of S4: come here, see if it's worth my time and wait for Kurt edits, if they are any good. If Kurt is there just to be Blaine prop, it'll piss me off so much, even chris won't manage to make me like these scenes.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 7/10/2013, 10:49 pm

Ryan Murphy ‏@MrRPMurphy 20m
I am thrilled to announce that the super talented Adam Lambert is joining the cast of Glee this fall.

Wow!! Shocked  Any bets on how long it takes before people start shipping his character with Kurt's? Smile 
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 7/10/2013, 10:52 pm

opals wrote:
I am thrilled to announce that the super talented Adam Lambert is joining the cast of Glee this fall.

Wow!!  Shocked  Any bets on how long it takes before people start shipping his character with Kurt's? Smile 

Shocked blinkk Suspect ohmy quesako 
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/11/2013, 12:18 am

opals wrote:

Wow!!  Shocked  Any bets on how long it takes before people start shipping his character with Kurt's? Smile 

Well, Adam can act so he wouldn't have any trouble keeping up with the talented members of the cast.

I am a fan of his, and I now think Fox and Ryan are getting desperate for ratings.

Just so long they aren't shipping Chris with Adam, I don't care if they ship Kurt with his character.

Please, let him be on the New York side.

I had a thought.

What if he is playing Henry?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/11/2013, 12:29 am

I hope he is for Kurt not Blaine.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/11/2013, 12:32 am

“I watch Glee and think, wow, I was just like [Kurt Hummel].
— Adam Lambert [x]

I'm so happy for Adam. He is one of my favourite singers and he likes Kurt so that makes me love him even more. Adam probably will be in one or two episode just like the other famous guest stars before. I hope he is part of Kurt's storyline. I would hate it so much if they 'give' him to Blaine or any of the newbies.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/11/2013, 12:39 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13 - Page 19 Tumblr_mpr2pyjWRL1rxyd70o1_500

Blarren stans are already bitching and moaning or sending demanding tweets for his character to be in Blarren scenes.

Darren would just vanish in every scene if that happened.

The Glamberts are quite a vocal fanbase and won't put up with the crap the Blarren stans start.

Plus, they are much much bigger.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next