Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

+32
CloveGlee
Vir Cotto
Piciollina
Catt24
tanita_mors
MissSoniaPP
ColferGirl
coxfire
Lottie2303
Buenos
glimmerle
Delight
MoviesAreLife
ColdFlame96
Divalicious
Adamina
Jellyrolls
fantastica
SippyCupofLuv
arina
ColferInspired
bayth
brisallie
sheny
ChrisColferFan1
valkeakuulas
AnneNeville
opals
Ireth
TimF
Ranwing
Glorfindel
36 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13 - Page 11 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

Post  coxfire 5/27/2013, 2:51 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:The last episodes were unbearable. They were just bad. Glee really needs to find itself again during the summer; otherwise the next season will be doomed. I predict the number of viewers may drop dramatically next season.

Honestly, stopping Klaine may help Glee with its numbers. People are sick of it. Focus on the right location and characters (NYC), minimize MK and stop ALL endgames for good (aka: have a major scene of stopping those relationships!), and they might be in business again.

It's so simple! Why can't they see that?

Norman Buckley is right:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13 - Page 11 Tumblr_mlisqsb8571ryvuwbo1_1280

Amen. Now take over RIB and save us from the crap they think is good writing
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13 - Page 11 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

Post  AnneNeville 5/27/2013, 3:24 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I do not know this guy, but I am very close to worship his attitude!

He's a director and also the brother of the FABULOUS Betty Buckley of Broadway fame.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/27/2013, 8:26 pm

we already know that. but the stupid shippers are living in alternative universes.

i like shows that are adapted from books - because the stories are already written, and you can't change it to pander to shippers or fans half way through. provided of course, that the books were well written in teh first place.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/28/2013, 3:36 am

It is not just the shippers, but also all those television shows who seem convinced TV shows only exist with endgame couples. Funnily, the most popular and loved couples are those that were created for secondary characters. Rarely are the intended power couples the ones the audience wants to see.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/28/2013, 7:58 am

Lottie2303 wrote:It is not just the shippers, but also all those television shows who seem convinced TV shows only exist with endgame couples. Funnily, the most popular and loved couples are those that were created for secondary characters. Rarely are the intended power couples the ones the audience wants to see.

Monica/Chandler, Jackie/Hyde, etc.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/28/2013, 10:35 am

Monica and Chandler is the best example of how to write a relationship with external and internal conflicts as well as happy moments, without actually ever breaking up the couple at all. So much about all the nonsense couples cannot be together in a show without getting boring.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/28/2013, 10:40 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Monica and Chandler is the best example of how to write a relationship with external and internal conflicts as well as happy moments, without actually ever breaking up the couple at all. So much about all the nonsense couples cannot be together in a show without getting boring.

And the start of their relationship did not require a big romantic moment either. It all began with a drunken one night stand. Smile
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/28/2013, 10:48 am

Exactly! They were even supposed to just have a one-night stand but the fan response was so positive, they kept moving on with them as a couple. Best.Decision.Ever.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/28/2013, 11:07 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Exactly! They were even supposed to just have a one-night stand but the fan response was so positive, they kept moving on with them as a couple. Best.Decision.Ever.

Chandler was an amazing character by himself. I didnt particularly like anyone else, except Joey and Monica (in later seasons). The Ross-Rachel stuff was obnoxious and forced. Darren compared to Klaine to Ross/Rachel. Considering that relationship was completely toxic and unhealthy by every standard, is say that's a pretty accurate comparison. Wink
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/28/2013, 11:19 am

Also they didn't get back together until the last episode Twisted Evil . Every person should strive to be in a relationship a la Monica/Chandler.

I always loved Monica and Chandler most. They were a match made in heaven and totally unintentional. I never cared for Rachel and Ross.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/28/2013, 11:22 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Also they didn't get back together until the last episode Twisted Evil . Every person should strive to be in a relationship a la Monica/Chandler.

I always loved Monica and Chandler most. They were a match made in heaven and totally unintentional. I never cared for Rachel and Ross.

I kind of liked Rachel/Joey. Joey was super sweet to her and wasn't a self-absorbed asshole like Ross.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/28/2013, 11:24 am

With the exception of C/M I really didn't care for any other couple. I loved 'Friends' for all the stories of them being friends.

Friends is actually also a good example that a show shouldn't be just about romance either. Glee has so much potential, but the shipping nonsense destroys it all.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/28/2013, 11:29 am

Lottie2303 wrote:With the exception of C/M I really didn't care for any other couple. I loved 'Friends' for all the stories of them being friends.

Friends is actually also a good example that a show shouldn't be just about romance either. Glee has so much potential, but the shipping nonsense destroys it all.

That's true, but in relationships like C/M, you can be best friends and dating/married at the same time. I wish all tv relationships were like that.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/29/2013, 1:24 pm

I also loved that they acknowledged each others flaws. The episode where Monica was so upset she was high maintenance (which she is) but Chandler responds that he "likes maintaining her". It allowed Monica to be Monica, to have her flaw acknowledged, and for it to be something that actually made Chandler love her more.

Kurt isn't allowed to be imperfect, because when he is, like flirting with someone else, he is taken to task for it. Blaine says he loves the imperfections, but he doesn't. He loves the idea of being in love with Kurt, who is an amazing young man, but he doesn't seem to realize that Kurt expects loyalty and space to be himself in a relationship. The writers just haven't written one successful romantic relationship without having to take it to impossible degrees. Like season 3 of Finchel sucking face left and right. Sucking face is not the greatest basis for a relationship, I just which they would just acknowledge that kids think they are in love, and move on. But where ever Rachel goes (into a long term monogamous relationship) Kurt must follow in her footsteps per the Glee gods.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/30/2013, 3:56 am

None of the Friends characters were perfect and they embraced it. That is sadly missing on a lot of shows today, especially with the main female protagonist. Sadly, by trying to make her perfect, most TV shows just add a lot of unintentional flaws. It is very frustrating.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/31/2013, 5:08 am

Glee Scoop: Will Blaine Move to New York? Darren Criss Weighs In

Glee fans who adore the coupling of Klaine (Kurt and Blaine) and desperately want them in the same city have a new advocate on their side: Darren Criss!

Darren's solo tour hits Hollywood's House of Blues tonight, and during a break from rehearsal, Criss told us this of his Glee character's fate: "[Blaine] seems to want to go to New York, I'd be cool with that. I'd always rather be in New York!"

Naya Rivera also told us she's expecting Santana to stick around in the Big Apple, along with Lea Michele's Rachel and Chris Colfer's Kurt, so the scales are certainly starting to tip toward a heavily NYC-based Glee.

Speaking of Monteith, who recently completed a rehab program (and missed the end of Glee's third season), Criss tells us: "I'm sure he's doing fine. He's doing well, I miss the guy."

As for what else is in store for Glee's upcoming season, Criss tells us there hasn't been any word yet as to if and when Blaine and the other seniors will graduate. "We ended it in the middle of the year," he explains. "So I would presume when we pick up season four, the year will go on and we will graduate. But who knows? Maybe we'll be stuck in senior year forever! They can do whatever they want."

(more about Darren's tour at the site)
E!Online (Kristin) Rolling Eyes

Nothing new (it's clear that the actors know shit nothing about the new season), but the article has been run over by Blarren stans because someone dared to make a comment about Adam (GASP!!! THE HORROR!!!), and they are tearing him (and Kadam) and everyone not agreeing with their Klaine view down. They even managed to get those comments removed for receiving too many negative votes. :angry:

Not that it matters much in the bigger scheme of things, but I'm getting so tired of them intimidating and forcefully shutting down discussions that interfere with their precious Klaine. I understand people having another opinion or ship, but there is no need to spam a comment with negative votes just because someone says something nice about another character than yours.

And ha, it's so typical of Blarren stans to completely forget about Kurt in all of this. All they can talk about is "Blaine, Blaine, Blaine!!!" and "Adam is non-existent!!!". They only want Blaine to get back together with Kurt because it will guarantee that their fave will be in the main narrative next season, and to hook him firmly to the most popular actor of the show. Who cares about Kurt's feelings, right? Bah. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/31/2013, 1:14 pm

On the positive note for Chris it looks like NY will get more focus in Season 5.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/31/2013, 1:32 pm

Buenos wrote:On the positive note for Chris it looks like NY will get more focus in Season 5.

Hope so.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/31/2013, 1:45 pm

I, for one, am quite discouraged. Between the bad writing, the sidelining of the strongest talents, and Cory going off the wagon (and he is not looking good in recent post-rehab pictures), I don't know how the show is going to pull it together.

I'm almost at the "free Chris" point, on the assumption that--clever young man that he is--he has put aside enough money to get by while he forges his own career.

I must say I am curious why he isn't talking about putting out a record like so many of his costars. His voice is the most unusual. (Or maybe that is why).

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/31/2013, 1:50 pm

AnneNeville wrote:I, for one, am quite discouraged. Between the bad writing, the sidelining of the strongest talents, and Cory going off the wagon (and he is not looking good in recent post-rehab pictures), I don't know how the show is going to pull it together.

I'm almost at the "free Chris" point, on the assumption that--clever young man that he is--he has put aside enough money to get by while he forges his own career.

I must say I am curious why he isn't talking about putting out a record like so many of his costars. His voice is the most unusual. (Or maybe that is why).

From what I gather, he seems to value acting and performing in general over just singing behind a glass window. I do wonder though, what genre of music would he even do with his voice type? And I mean that he could do any type, but what would he be most likely to do? Frankly, all the music nowadays is complete crap, so I don't know if I want Chris to delve into that. Naya, Amber, and Kevin would most likely do r&b, Lea would do alternative, Darren is doing pop, and Chord is doing country.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/31/2013, 1:51 pm

Chris has never wanted to be a singer/recording artist, he said several times in the past that if he did cd it would be for fans who want it from him, not that it is something he always craved to do.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/31/2013, 2:15 pm

I think that it's more Chris thinks of himself as an actor who can sing.

I could see Chris doing a Broadway gig in a musical, for example. Seeing how he got his big break in Glee, wouldn't be surprised if he throws outs a EP/album at some point, though really he's so young he has plenty of time to do that.

The catch 22 he founds himself is that even if he wanted to expand in other roles now he's limited as far as offers because he's committed to Glee for the next two years, which isn't a bad catch 22 to have , ie he will probably be set financially by the age of 25.

The thing with Chris is that I suspect he needs someone in the music business to try to "persuade" him to make a stab at a album.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/31/2013, 2:33 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:I, for one, am quite discouraged. Between the bad writing, the sidelining of the strongest talents, and Cory going off the wagon (and he is not looking good in recent post-rehab pictures), I don't know how the show is going to pull it together.

From what I gather, he seems to value acting and performing in general over just singing behind a glass window. I do wonder though, what genre of music would he even do with his voice type? And I mean that he could do any type, but what would he be most likely to do? Frankly, all the music nowadays is complete crap, so I don't know if I want Chris to delve into that. Naya, Amber, and Kevin would most likely do r&b, Lea would do alternative, Darren is doing pop, and Chord is doing country.

Brent Spiner did a lovely CD of--if I recall--Bway standards. ;-)

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/31/2013, 2:34 pm

Buenos wrote:I think that it's more Chris thinks of himself as an actor who can sing.

I could see Chris doing a Broadway gig in a musical, for example. Seeing how he got his big break in Glee, wouldn't be surprised if he throws outs a EP/album at some point, though really he's so young he has plenty of time to do that.

The catch 22 he founds himself is that even if he wanted to expand in other roles now he's limited as far as offers because he's committed to Glee for the next two years, which isn't a bad catch 22 to have , ie he will probably be set financially by the age of 25.

The thing with Chris is that I suspect he needs someone in the music business to try to "persuade" him to make a stab at a album.

That makes sense.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 5/31/2013, 5:49 pm

arina wrote:Chris has never wanted to be a singer/recording artist, he said several times in the past that if he did cd it would be for fans who want it from him, not that it is something he always craved to do.

And honestly, doing a CD to pander to fans wouldn't be a good idea. I value Chris ten times more for going the road he himself chose with TLoS and SBL than having him perform a CD just to respond to fans demand. I feel it's always best for an artist to do what his guts tell him than being coaxed into it, it always transpires in the quality of the material.

You guys might hate me for saying that, but I don't really care for Chris' singing. Sure, I love when he turns in great performances as Being alive, Rose's turn, AIWNSG or IWTHYH, but mostly because it goes hand to hand with the acting and love how he acts through the singing. There are quite a few of Chris' songs I couldn't care less about (well, not in S1 and S2, but that's because at the time, songs fitted the plot, unlike it did afterwards, mainly with Blaine as the Human Jukebox of Hell as prime star).

To me, Chris is first and foremost a storyteller who is at his best in acting, with singing as one of his secret weapons up his sleeve (but not essential to his craft, as SBL showed => Chris' acting talent is largely sufficient in itself).

(sorry for the clunky english tonight, I might have ingested a little too much white wine Smile)

I think he has great potential in writing, since he is creative and smart, but still needs to work a bit on it.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next