Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread

+17
sjonnepon
ColferGirl
Divalicious
Ireth
arina
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
coxfire
Lottie2303
sheny
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
21 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap12%4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap35%4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 6 ]
4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap18%4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap6%4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap29%4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 17

4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 3/27/2013, 5:52 am

Sharing TMI might be a few people's guilty pleasure around here fanny2
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel 3/27/2013, 7:07 am

^Right? Smile
So we've had yeast infections and dental health. What's next? Warts, pimples, hair on the wrong places, smelly feet? suspectt

My guilty pleasure is coming to this board to talk about my teeth while pretending to do research for my actual work. phr34r
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/27/2013, 8:34 am

Mine is being at work and still posting... Today, I also dipped in the deep end. I had this extenstive fanasty about a Kurtbastian FF I've read yesterday, during a meeting. Let's say it was not a PG13 scene... I was a bit disturbed. Shocked
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/27/2013, 1:23 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Mine is being at work and still posting... Today, I also dipped in the deep end. I had this extenstive fanasty about a Kurtbastian FF I've read yesterday, during a meeting. Let's say it was not a PG13 scene... I was a bit disturbed. Shocked

Somehow I've a twisted mind and I'm wondering what Kurtbastian fic did you read? And btw is supposed that I should be studying in the library, but I'm posting here actually.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/27/2013, 3:52 pm

brisallie wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:Mine is being at work and still posting... Today, I also dipped in the deep end. I had this extenstive fanasty about a Kurtbastian FF I've read yesterday, during a meeting. Let's say it was not a PG13 scene... I was a bit disturbed. Shocked

Somehow I've a twisted mind and I'm wondering what Kurtbastian fic did you read? And btw is supposed that I should be studying in the library, but I'm posting here actually.

'Don't you remeber' by discordandrythym . Soooo good!!!! She basically convinced me to start shipping Kurtbastian!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/27/2013, 4:35 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
brisallie wrote:

'Don't you remeber' by discordandrythym . Soooo good!!!! She basically convinced me to start shipping Kurtbastian!
Change in the Weather did it for me (shipping Kurtbastian in fanfiction) but Don't you remember is one of my favorite as well.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/27/2013, 11:07 pm

arina wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:
brisallie wrote:

Change in the Weather did it for me (shipping Kurtbastian in fanfiction) but Don't you remember is one of my favorite as well.

I have read them both and read heaps more.

Grant had more onscreen chemistry with Chris and none with Darren.

Kurtbastian is written so well by these fanfiction writers.

When Sebastian said "Fun, I don't like you either", I always found it interesting that he used the word fun and not fine. I thought that Grant might have changed the word.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 3/28/2013, 12:52 am

Two of the best Kurtbastian stories: Of Bear Cubs, Meerkats and Hobbits and Make My Heart Start Beating. Both stories are complete and well written.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 3/28/2013, 1:25 am

Since we're talking about fanfic...this isn't Kurbastian, but in my opinion, the best fic in the entire Glee fandom hands down is - All The Other Ghosts, by Rainjoy. neutre And I've read tons, including all the ones you guys just mentioned. But I love love love this one, it's incredibly well-written, and is so meaningful and beautiful and deals with really complicated, deep issues in a wonderful, considerate, thoughtful way....and all wrapped up in a superhero AU premise! So it's very entertaining and fun at times as well, and most of the Glee characters all get a role, from supervillains to superheroes and more. It is a Klaine fic, which I know most here hate, but I promise this writer is a huge Kurt fan (so he's always treated well and is the main focus) and her Blaine is the only Blaine I love, because she characterizes him based mostly on season 2 Blaine, but as a stronger, more mature version that is much more likeable than canon.

I could go on forever at how amazing Rainjoy is - I love every single one of her stories - but I can't right now I'm supposed to be studying. ooppss But All the Other Ghosts is literally over 700 pages (785 pages exactly in pdf!) of phenomenal writing, incredible characterization, and a moving story that's amazing enough it inspired its own sub-fandom where people draw fanart and make fanfics, tumblrs, etc. for it. Smile I even have a friend who doesn't watch Glee that I begged to read it, and she loved it; and I know of several other people who are the same (never seen Glee) who commented on the story's final chapter and enjoyed it, so it has wide appeal. I whole-heartedly, sincerely recommend any of her stories. wub

.....and my gushing fangirl self will shush and go study now. blushh
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/28/2013, 4:37 am

bayth wrote:Two of the best Kurtbastian stories: Of Bear Cubs, Meerkats and Hobbits and Make My Heart Start Beating. Both stories are complete and well written.
I absolutely love Of Bear Cubs, Meerkats and Hobbits. 4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 413578547
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/28/2013, 5:31 am

All the Other Ghosts is a stunning FF that exceeded all expectations. Rainjoy in general is just an intensely and madly talented writer. However, currently I cannot read the sequel as I cannot handle any Klaine in a relationship whatsoever. It is a shame, but I will most likely return in the future because it would be madness to skip that FF just for a pairing.

I am addicted to ‘Don’t you remember’ right now. Everyone read it, it is that good! Even though the last two chapters are still missing… Cannonwise, I am really conflicted as I think they ruined Sebastian with the slushie incident and Kurt should never date him (even worse the entire resolution. Kurt has to go ‘the high road’ and not pursue Sebastian legally after he committed a serious crime???! I think even Chris Colfer admitted that entire decision was madness and just stupid). But Christ, Grant and Chris had sizzling chemistry that was entirely lacking with Darren. RIB and Fox were probably shocked by the reaction of the fandom, as they clearly tried to prop Blaine and it completely backfired. Overall, there are some amazing FF’s out there which are strangely enough partly the most mature and realistic approaches of how to write and develop relationships between two characters. Kurtbastian is just one big pile of hotness, snark, intelligence, romance and great drama. I dipped deep and strongly support multishipping now.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/28/2013, 5:58 am

What I like about 'Don't You Remember' is that it isn't some sweet sugary love story where Sebastian is all understanding and Kurt is a perfect saintly victim (because of his accident). They fight a lot, and have been fighting their entire relationship, but it still works because the fights allow them to let their guards down and be totally honest.
Not my favorite kind of relationship dynamic, but it works for them, and is very well in character for the both of them. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/28/2013, 6:35 am

I must admit I mostly read Kurbastian fanfiction. I loved their chemistry and snarkking on the show (even though I know Sebastian was a jerk) and when I read alot of praising about Change in the weather, I decided to try it (it was the first fic I have ever read) and since then I’ve read decent amount of fics. :-) My favorite are probably ACITW, DYR, As your shadow crosses mine and Should Be An Interesting Year and I am sad none of them is finished.

It’s bad that most of Kurt’s fics have Klaine pairing and I read alot of great reviews about some of them (like the one ColferGirl mentioned) but I don’t think I have ever hated Klaine or Blaine more so I cannot bring myself to read them, at least not right now.

It would be weird for me to read Furt romantic fanfiction because I love them as a brothers, even reading romantic fanfiction with other straight guys in Glee club it’s little strange for me, although i read once Puckurt for a fun.
I tried once Kurtofsky fanfiction but even though it was really well written I canot properly bring myself to stomach romantic Kurtofsky even in fics (sorry to Kurtofsky shippers).

So there is not really much I can choose from. :( Also I like the best those fanfiction that follow the canon that happened on the show or at least some of it, rather than if they use just the characters but their meeting and all about their history is totally different. Although some of those fanfiction are very good too like If Work Permits for example

Last edited by arina on 3/28/2013, 6:44 am; edited 2 times in total
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/28/2013, 6:39 am

Glorfindel wrote:What I like about 'Don't You Remember' is that it isn't some sweet sugary love story where Sebastian is all understanding and Kurt is a perfect saintly victim (because of his accident).
I love that about the fanfiction too, that girl who writes it is really talented and her characterization and the way both of those characters trying to handle the situation is very realistic. None of them is the bad guy, you can completely underestand both of them. I love it's from both of points of view.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/28/2013, 7:10 am

I feel like I could talk for hours about DYR. I totally hijack this thread once again with off-topic rambling. I re-read three times already, I am that much in love-

What I find fascinating and makes the story work so well are the following points:

- I think Kurt and Sebastian are both incredible close to canon and make sense in every way. Both have great character traits but also deep flaws. None of the two of them is a saint or villain. They feel like people who are in a relationship that works despite all the fights and tension. Also the way both characters handle the amnesia really sounds true and the author took her sweet time to re-develop the relationship. Kurt didn’t just jump in and had major troubles adapting to the new situation. I liked that. Overall, Kurt and Sebastian just fit so perfectly well together and it makes we wonder once again, why in canon his boyfriend is so different on the show. Sebastian just makes weirdly so much more sense. They really lost a great opportunity here.

- I like that the Slushie incident exists, doesn’t get apologized with some shitty reasons, but still is part of the past. I like that the writer actually didn’t spend a lot of time discussing that topic but rather on other more important topics (i.e. Kurts amnesia).

- To be frank, the two of them are incredible hot and I envy them for their sex life tonguue .

- I love the fact that you could jump in the relationship at any time and they’d be a great story to tell. The entire part how they met again, started dating, the early relationship problems and how it eventually morphed into something serious up until their wedding deserves an entire separate story. Also they could be one-shots throughout their entire relationship, as I could read about them discussing their grocery shopping list. I’d also kill for a oneshot within an alternative universe where Kurt wakes up without amnesia. I’d love to see how they interact after the accident without the hurdle of the memory lapse. I am so in love with this Kurt and Sebastian.

- Her other one-shots (especially those with Bruce) are so great too. I worship the FF author. It is almost embarrassing!

Tiny tidbit that drives me mad is that Kurt being on coma changes within the story regularly between 7 days and weeks.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/28/2013, 9:46 am

Glorfindel wrote:What I like about 'Don't You Remember' is that it isn't some sweet sugary love story where Sebastian is all understanding and Kurt is a perfect saintly victim (because of his accident). They fight a lot, and have been fighting their entire relationship, but it still works because the fights allow them to let their guards down and be totally honest.
Not my favorite kind of relationship dynamic, but it works for them, and is very well in character for the both of them. neutre

Change of the Weather is the only long and well written FF I've read of Kurtbastian, and it has the same dynamic. And though I know is the best kind of relationship, is how I think they could work. If they hate each other at first and then are a couple, inbetween I imagine there were lots of fight and snarky comments, because none of them wanted to admit those feelings they were having. And though love can change someone, I'm not sure if Sebastian is willing to change that much, probably he could sugarcoat his personality, but just a little. I feel like I'm talking about them as if they were a real couple on Glee.

And about Don't Remember, months ago I saw a trailer on YT, and I liked it.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/28/2013, 10:02 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Tiny tidbit that drives me mad is that Kurt being on coma changes within the story regularly between 7 days and weeks.
I know the author commented on it on the website I used to read it and she wrote the 7 days is correct. I guess she probably forgot to change that in the text.

Your fangirling made me want to read the fic again :-), I read it around September I think. And I read few weeks ago on tumblr the author plans to continue with this story so I hope that's true, that fanfiction deserves to be finished.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/28/2013, 10:08 am

brisallie wrote:Change of the Weather is the only long and well written FF I've read of Kurtbastian, and it has the same dynamic. And though I know is the best kind of relationship, is how I think they could work. If they hate each other at first and then are a couple, inbetween I imagine there were lots of fight and snarky comments, because none of them wanted to admit those feelings they were having. And though love can change someone, I'm not sure if Sebastian is willing to change that much, probably he could sugarcoat his personality, but just a little. I feel like I'm talking about them as if they were a real couple on Glee.
I loved 'Change in the Weather' too: the first real fanfic I ever read. (and I still don't read many, tbh)

And about Don't Remember, months ago I saw a trailer on YT, and I liked it.
Oooohhhh, that's a very nice video: I love it! neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/28/2013, 10:29 am

I continue being off topic but these are nice gifs based on quote from Don't you remember, I think they really capture the accurate facial expressions really good:

4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mji1xjlxiM1r1v397o1_r1_2504x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mji1xjlxiM1r1v397o2_r1_250

4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mji1xjlxiM1r1v397o3_r1_2504x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mji1xjlxiM1r1v397o4_r1_250

4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mji1xjlxiM1r1v397o5_r1_2504x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mji1xjlxiM1r1v397o6_r1_250
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/29/2013, 5:03 am

Ahh, *insert fangirling squee*. I'd pay money to see this FF with Chris and Grant on screen. Oh a girl can dream blushh Razz :(
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/29/2013, 12:14 pm

4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mk2m5dbvLo1qg5mtao5_2504x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Images_zpsd8967c33

4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mk2m5dbvLo1qg5mtao6_2504x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Url_zpsfe6ebbf2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/29/2013, 1:53 pm

^Even if Chris wasn't capable of showing emotion in his acting and speech so well I'd say that in the cast along with Kevin he's most eshtablised at giving different faces: from the anguished pain to this kind of slightly childish wondering. That enthralled face of his is stunning.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/30/2013, 10:44 pm

Glorfindel wrote:4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mk2m5dbvLo1qg5mtao5_2504x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Images_zpsd8967c33

4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mk2m5dbvLo1qg5mtao6_2504x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Url_zpsfe6ebbf2

This is so damned adorable! He looks just like a little kid! wub

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7