Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee deleted scenes

+19
Divalicious
Delight
ColferGirl
sahhar
Sani
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
Buenos
Ranwing
Glorfindel
brisallie
tanita_mors
BlueJazz
valkeakuulas
arina
Kurt Hummel
fantastica
Jellyrolls
23 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Glee deleted scenes - Page 5 Empty Re: Glee deleted scenes

Post  Ranwing 8/7/2012, 11:36 am

Buenos wrote:He's being inspiring to others to be themselves when the show shows him being rejected by being either too gay or not gay enough is bizarre. And the talk of them conquering Broadway together in the same episode he gets rejected from NYADA just makes it seem like sadistic overkill if they had included that scene.

banzai THIS. A million times this.

It's so great that Kurt is inspirational to others and that his example helps them to face their fears and succeed. It just wouldn't come across as lip service if Kurt himself got a few successes to bolster his inspirational qualities. It's great that he inspires Rachel, but it sucks that he always, always, ALWAYS loses out to her. I'd personally like to see Kurt be a lbit ess inspirational and a lot more sucessful in his own right for a novel change.

It's a cute scene but I'm not upset that it was cut since all it would have done would be driving the knife into our collective guts a bit deeper and then giving it a good twist. It's another case of people talking about how amazing Kurt is, but not letting the character wreap any reward for being so amazing and I'm rather tired of it.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/7/2012, 1:28 pm

Way to bring me down, guys. Razz I was able to look at the scene as another amazing Chris is a great actor scene, until I read these comments. It is tiring that they tell, but never show, it is a kick in the pants that Rachel mentions Broadway and Kurt doesn't get into NYADA. Sometimes I think the writers comments are regarding scenes that were in the script, but either never shot, or cut, and then they wonder why we are pissed. I wonder if they watch the finished product and see what the audience is told and shown.

Kurt doesn't get a lot of solos, Kurt was never valued by the other singers enough to actually let him sing lead. Kurt is told to be himself over and over again, but while his resilience is admired, it is also shown to get him no where. That is what you are telling us writers, are you paying attention? No male ND person really stuck up for Kurt when Kurt was there, except in season 2, season 3 he wasn't included in on group songs unless there was a gimmick about funky shoes. For that matter, it was Kurt who stood up for the lesser classmen in the dodgeball episode, not Finn. The writers simply write what is convenient to tell at that moment. Continuity is not Glee's strong suit, or weak suit, it doesn't have any except the love of Kurt and Burt for each other, and that Rachel is the most special person on the planet.

That being said, I also took from the scene, despite all that followed, that Kurt is the one person in Rachel's life that she admires. She admires Barbra, of course, but she doesn't know her. Rachel, who is obsessed with her own talent to an uncomfortable degree at times, admires what Kurt has and is. His strength, his talent, his versatility (his flexibility, oh, wait, that's me). She is more open to Kurt than anyone else, Kurt keeps her human. From Kurt's side, he has a close friend, with tons in common, she speaks the same language. The relationship is written very uneven, especially since Rachel has been on the same little girl emotional level she started the show on, and Kurt continues to grow up. Little girls need more than young men. The friendship itself is interesting, it has been what the writers are willing to deliver that has been flawed.

I can't help but feel all the anger at Kurt's NYADA fiasco storyline has reached the writers ears, and the fact that people are getting tired of special snowflake Rachel. We already know that Kate, at least in the beginning, is a hard task master. I think with Rachel not skating through on a powerful voice will return some of her appeal for me, at least. I also think with Kurt not at NYADA, he will not be compared and contrasted with Rachel, by the audience or the writers. He might actually get to be successful, and have a great friendship. The actors can certainly bring it, if the writers give them a chance.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/7/2012, 2:38 pm

Divalicious wrote:That being said, I also took from the scene, despite all that followed, that Kurt is the one person in Rachel's life that she admires. She admires Barbra, of course, but she doesn't know her. Rachel, who is obsessed with her own talent to an uncomfortable degree at times, admires what Kurt has and is. His strength, his talent, his versatility (his flexibility, oh, wait, that's me). She is more open to Kurt than anyone else, Kurt keeps her human. From Kurt's side, he has a close friend, with tons in common, she speaks the same language. The relationship is written very uneven, especially since Rachel has been on the same little girl emotional level she started the show on, and Kurt continues to grow up. Little girls need more than young men. The friendship itself is interesting, it has been what the writers are willing to deliver that has been flawed.

I really agree with a lot of this. Rachel stans may disagree with me, but Rachel is at her best when Kurt is in her life. He is one of the very few people who really understands what motivates her and while he's very forgiving of her lapses, he doesn't just excuse them out of hand. He's probably the one person willing and able to tell her some hard truths about life while at the same time easing her through the painful times. It would be helpful for Rachel to have a friend "in the biz" so to speak, but who isn't a direct competator the way another female performer is. I always found it problematic that the writers kept putting Kurt in competition with Rachel when he should have been in competition with Finn (and later Blaine) for male leads since he will be competing for male parts if he goes on to a professional career. Kurt is the kind of friend that Rachel needs - someone that will support her but won't hesitate to call her out when she gives in to her worst impulses. And besides Blaine and Burt, Rachel is the one real cheerleader Kurt has in their group. No one else supports him the way she does. The only thing she won't support him on is trying to get a solo rather than her, but that's Rachel for you. tonguue Even during the NYADA drama when Rachel was falling into her pit of dispair, she did believe in Kurt's ability to get admitted. She had faith in his talent. That was the one saving grace for this mess of a storyline for me.

I can't help but feel all the anger at Kurt's NYADA fiasco storyline has reached the writers ears, and the fact that people are getting tired of special snowflake Rachel. We already know that Kate, at least in the beginning, is a hard task master. I think with Rachel not skating through on a powerful voice will return some of her appeal for me, at least. I also think with Kurt not at NYADA, he will not be compared and contrasted with Rachel, by the audience or the writers. He might actually get to be successful, and have a great friendship. The actors can certainly bring it, if the writers give them a chance.

I have no doubt that the showrunners are aware at the discontent about how Kurt's storyline played out. Whether or not this will make a difference in how they decide to carry out his story in season 4, though, is another matter. I agree that keeping Kurt's storyline seperate from Rachel is important so that he cannot be thrown under the bus for her benefit. I wouldn't want to see him in NYADA with her and spending his whole time running interferance between her and the other students and faculty who aren't as enamoured with her she she would like. At least with how things are set up now, Kurt's storyline will mostly be about Kurt. He won't be competing with her and their friendship might return to a more level playing field where both of them are struggling in their own venues to make themselves successful. This is the silver lining that I'm clinging to.

As far as Rachel goes... I've said it before. She needs to face real adversity and actually fail in some of her endevours for me to warm to her again. I'm not asking the show to spend all of season 4 kicking Rachel in the crotch bone they way they did Kurt in season 3, but they've got to start tempering her successes and make them fewer and more hard won. Let her lose out to other more polished and talented performers and have her weaknesses as a performer (such as her poor dancing skills) really focused on rather than just her voice. I'm waiting for a director to yell at her to actually move on stage, follow choreography and give up the park and bark style that has been her forte for so long. Let Rachel learn some harsh lessons that the real theater world is nothing like what she's experienced in high school and show the willingness to work to achieve her goals without needing propping up by others. Maybe then I'll start liking her again.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/7/2012, 3:39 pm

does anyone know where that Hummelberry yearbook scene come from? I mean, which episode? I guess it can be placed anywhere before Choke.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/7/2012, 3:42 pm

fantastica wrote:does anyone know where that Hummelberry yearbook scene come from? I mean, which episode? I guess it can be placed anywhere before Choke.
Nope, it's from 'Goodbye'. They are wearing the same clothes as when Kurt sings 'I'll Remember'.

If this scene had been before 'Choke' it wouldn't grate so much.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/7/2012, 3:45 pm

^ thank you. i thought it was before Choke because ... actually I forgot.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 8/9/2012, 9:00 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Nope, it's from 'Goodbye'. They are wearing the same clothes as when Kurt sings 'I'll Remember'.

If this scene had been before 'Choke' it wouldn't grate so much.

I thought the scene was cute and heartwarming at first but now I'm glad that it's cut from the ep.

I'm sorry Glee fandom but I tweeted Ryan this:

@MrRPMurphy Have you considered spending more time on writing Glee S4 instead of trolling and buying fans' love on twitter?#JustSaying

I guess I'm a bit tired of the his trolling on twitter. It was kinda exciting at first but now it's getting old saispa

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/9/2012, 3:33 pm

Trophy tweeted that he would release yet another deleted scene today. any signs yet? Pray to every devine being you believe in that it be Fergalicious!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/9/2012, 5:08 pm

fantastica wrote:Trophy tweeted that he would release yet another deleted scene today. any signs yet? Pray to every devine being you believe in that it be Fergalicious!

Wasn't Chris injured during the performance or had been previously injured so that his presence in the scene was cut down or that was the main reason the performance just didn't work? On a sidenote, I love the idea that they had to cut a scene because it did not have ENOUGH of Kurt for it to work. tonguue

I was shoked I had not seen that possibility of a unseen Burt/Kurt scene in Furt, (what a cluster of names!) I want that one. Now that I know about it I NEED that one...
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/9/2012, 5:37 pm

New deleted scene: Mike's parent's gift in 'Goodbye':

This makes me wonder what they were thinking making the finale so imbalanced? It would have been lovely to see graduate Mike and Tina get a goodbye scene and a kiss.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/9/2012, 5:57 pm

Oh, that was lovely, yet too sappy for me. Why were they cutting out all these scenes where there is good acting. Oh wait yes, because they needed room for another Blaine/Rachel/Santana solo!

This Mike SL makes me think that what if Trollphy is doing this out of spite towards the S3 and present writers? Maybe he had forgotten Glee a little bit and let them run rampart under the leadership of Brad and all these scenes dropped and now revealed is some sort of inside disipline act? Him reminding them from the sets of all his OTHER shows that he is watching 'so you better not *uck it up this time'. I know I would do this if I could, I would send every. single. daggar. towards.their.backs. and I'm not violent person. Trollphy has been proven to be good at spitefull behaviour.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 8/10/2012, 6:41 am

When is he going to release Fergalicious?! I want some cheerio Kurt!
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/10/2012, 8:05 am

Glorfindel wrote:New deleted scene: Mike's parent's gift in 'Goodbye':

This makes me wonder what they were thinking making the finale so imbalanced? It would have been lovely to see graduate Mike and Tina get a goodbye scene and a kiss.
This is actually the scene I don't understand the most why it was cut.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 8/16/2012, 12:38 am

Are people still asking for Fergelicious or do we think he is done with the deleted scenes.

I need that one and the missing Burt/Kurt scene from Furt.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5