Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

+31
CloveGlee
M&M
Shinra17
BlueJazz
red texta
Jake667
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
happydays
sjonnepon
dap1217
Glorfindel
Emile
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Delight
ColferInspired
emilynna
arina
mellama
ColferGirl
angelnessa
brisallie
sahhar
kac
Buenos
Divalicious
fantastica
paulopf
Dame Loli
Jellyrolls
35 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie 4/25/2012, 12:13 am

fantastica wrote:I am sick of hot dudes. in a way chandler is cute and friendly and remind me a puppy dog. I don't mind seeing him again but this will be IT. you know if he was recurring, the actor would be doing all kinds of interviews...

Have you ever seen Skins? Chandler remind me the boy who was in love with Michelle and then is the boyfriend of Casey, though he wasn't the best good looking guy I thought he was cute and I think that about chandler but as you have said I don't think so we're gonna see him anymore but hopefully this's not the first time Kurt realizes he's attractive to other boys Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica 4/25/2012, 12:13 am

^ he needs the money to shoot his next movie. :(
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/25/2012, 12:15 am

fantastica wrote:^ he needs the money to shoot his next movie. :(

Yeah, too bad he's stuck with this show. I really hope he explodes soon enough so that he won't have to worry about money anymore and just leave Glee. Even if I only get to see him in films once in a while, I can handle it.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Loli 4/25/2012, 12:16 am

sahhar wrote:

Yeah, too bad he's stuck with this show. I really hope he explodes soon enough so that he won't have to worry about money anymore and just leave Glee. Even if I only get to see him in films once in a while, I can handle it.

I feel he stayed for next season for his fans too.
Dame Loli
Dame Loli
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://dameloli.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 4/25/2012, 12:16 am

Oooo, I love this comment...

I know. When Sebastian first showed up, Blaine knew Sebastian was coming on to him right away, but still met up with him at the coffee shop, because he was flattered by the attention (being the attention-whore he is, one of his few consistent characteristics). He was talking on the phone with Sebastian behind Kurt’s back, including giving away ND’s set list, and never got called out on it. He didn’t even say anything when Sebastian insulted his boyfriend, right in front of him. But, no, Blaine is always perfect, the “right” kind of gay, and the best singer/dancer/whatever in ND. I liked Blaine in the beginning, but now I despise him, and his 423,585 solos. He’s a large part of what has ruined Glee for me, but the writers seem to get off on kissing his ass. Who knows.
Comment by stittsyk – April 24, 2012 07:14 PM PDT REPLY TO THIS POST

kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/25/2012, 12:18 am

kac wrote:Oooo, I love this comment...

I know. When Sebastian first showed up, Blaine knew Sebastian was coming on to him right away, but still met up with him at the coffee shop, because he was flattered by the attention (being the attention-whore he is, one of his few consistent characteristics). He was talking on the phone with Sebastian behind Kurt’s back, including giving away ND’s set list, and never got called out on it. He didn’t even say anything when Sebastian insulted his boyfriend, right in front of him. But, no, Blaine is always perfect, the “right” kind of gay, and the best singer/dancer/whatever in ND. I liked Blaine in the beginning, but now I despise him, and his 423,585 solos. He’s a large part of what has ruined Glee for me, but the writers seem to get off on kissing his ass. Who knows.

I bow down to this post. rooots

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/25/2012, 12:24 am

But is he well paid at least? There're rumors that says they're not, that Ryan is a mean person dryy

On a side note : I don't know who's in charge of the wardrobe but please why is he using practically the same oufit from "As If We Never Said Goodbye" when he's singing "I have nothing"? despite is one of my fav one, there's not more budget to buy clothing or what?

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_m30linOzIV1qgfb58o4_250

Agree with is in black and the whole post in general. Clapping Smile

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/25/2012, 12:28 am

well i love this song and I love AIWNSG, so i don't mind if hte outfits are interchangeable.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 4/25/2012, 12:40 am

sahhar wrote:

Ha, ha! I love it here! That post is actually mine, one of my alter-egos (actually, my old WordPress user name) . I get kind of pissy on there sometimes fanny2

angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 4/25/2012, 12:43 am

angelnessa wrote:
sahhar wrote:

Ha, ha! I love it here! That post is actually mine, one of my alter-egos (actually, my old WordPress user name) . I get kind of pissy on there sometimes fanny2

I am in total awe. Bravo.
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/25/2012, 12:44 am

aha! great post Angelnessa! can't believe it's yours. Razz

ok here's another recap from WSJ: link to recap:
“Who’s Chandler?” Blaine asks Kurt one night. He accuses Kurt of cheating. He’s angry that Kurt feels unloved. This guy transferred schools to be with Kurt. They have a tiff. Blaine says it’s not right. Then, with a turnaround that surpasses the land speed of many a cheetah, Blaine conducts his angry swansong with “It’s Not Right But It’s Okay.” A bit dramatic and bordering on parody, Blaine works it with not just his voice, but hand gestures sharp enough to cut a knife. It worked in the most basic level. Kurt, feel awful now. How dare you hurt, Blaine.

So, Kurt does what he does best: nailing Whitney’s “I Have Nothing.” He has the pipes for it, definitely, but more importantly he conveyed the emotional aspect of that song to a T. The normally bright and sunny Kurt dresses down in blacks and greys (dress-shirt and vest) to prove the emotional abyss he’s in. He tells Blaine: “Don’t you dare walk away from me …” He’ll have nothing if he doesn’t have Blaine. That, ladies and gentleman, is how you patch things up.

p.s. thanks to Carrie for finding these new recaps - FAST.

Last edited by fantastica on 4/25/2012, 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 4/25/2012, 12:48 am

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the post. I should post here more often, but you all say exactly what needs to be said all the time, I don't feel I have anything to add Smile .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/25/2012, 12:50 am

^ no, you have to say it. it's like singing an acapella song - it's the harmony that's the best. Razz so chime in anytime you feel like. sometimes you maybe able to express things better than other people do.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/25/2012, 12:52 am

angelnessa wrote:
sahhar wrote:

rooots

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/25/2012, 1:35 am

another recap, from zap2it
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/25/2012, 1:38 am

Just saw the episode.

Even though Kurt going overboard on the flirt texting with Chandler was wrong (though did Kurt ever flirt back or just receive them? I wasn't sure), I can sympathize with him. He was feeling neglected and unloved and, based on his comments about never getting to sing and "alpha gay", incredibly inferior. Someone on p_f pointed out that all the times Kurt's been crapped on over the seasons has probably given him a complex and all these insecurities, and I like that it feels canon and well-developed, based on the show, for Kurt to be characterized with these sorts of insecurities. I'm very, very sad that he has them and has felt unloved and not special for even one moment though. :(

On the other, I understand Blaine being upset about his boyfriend flirting with some guy behind his back and basking in the attention. But my sympathy pretty much ended when Blaine tried to say his flirting with Sebastian was "different" and "family-friendly", blah blah blah, what a load of crap :angry: It was NOT family-friendly, Sebastian is the definition of not "family-friendly" based on every comment he ever gave Blaine that we saw. And then I was enraged when he brought his and Kurt's private drama in front of all the Glee club. Just because the other kids do it doesn't mean he should too, especially when - in my opinion - what Kurt was doing wasn't really cheating. It wasn't right, but neither was the stuff with Blaine and Sebastian, and if that wasn't cheating - especially since Blaine and Seb did MUCH more than Kurt and Chandler, the phonecalls, the meet-ups - then Kurt's flirty texts weren't cheating, either.

I was confused by Kurt's transition from being upset with Blaine to singing I Have Nothing to him, I didn't get what made him change his mind (I guess the Burt talk?). And then when the couple's counseling scene came, I was looking forward to it, hoping that Kurt would get to have a say in what Blaine does that makes him upset, just as Blaine would get to say what about Kurt is bothering him.

But no. No, Kurt had to remain silent and agree to "work harder" on all of Blaine's whiny complaints, Kurt didn't get to have any equality and say what about Blaine bothers him. I am glad the show acknowledged (sorta) that Blaine was the cause of this drama in the first place by distancing himself from Kurt and making him feel unloved. But the narrative drowned it in Blaine's whiny accusations, in Blaine being ticked at Kurt for being happy/excited for/focusing on his dreams, and comparing the Sebastian vs. Chandler situations - with Kurt just snarking at Sebastion but overall just holding his tongue and never getting mad at Blaine, but Blaine freaks out over Kurt's much smaller transgression - irritated me and made it feel like Blaine somehow was still holding the moral high ground in the narrative's eyes, and was still avoiding imperfection and flaws.

I don't know if that makes sense, it's just how I felt though with my first viewing, even if it wasn't what the show intended.

I was also annoyed Kurt and Blaine didn't get to kiss at the end of that scene in Emma's office, they should have, especially after Will's 5 kisses in a row earlier in the episode. dryy

Chris's acting in this episode was amazing and wonderful as always, though, and he looked fantastic. wub And I adore I Have Nothing and thought it was an emotional, lovely performance and have listened to the song obsessively since I bought it. His voice is so gorgeous. wub

I thought Chandler was cute, but not as a potential love interest - more like a friend for Kurt. For purely shallow reasons that I'll be honest about, I want a serious future love interest for Kurt to be taller than him, more buff-ish, and to have a much different personality and at least some contrasting interests. So Chandler just felt like a great friend to me, and I'd love for Kurt to have more of those too neutre

The Burt and Kurt scene was perfection. There's no other words that need to be said. Perfection. wub wub wub wub

Hate hate hate Joe and Quinn's plot. Why can't they let her be independent like she keeps saying she wants to be? High school kids don't *have* to be dating to feel complete or happy, none of my closest friends in high school dated and neither did I. And I thought it was kinda sweet that Mr. Schue really wants the Glee kids to be at his wedding, since they're like family now, even though I understand some of fandom's point that it's a little sad that he doesn't seem to have any adult friends.

The performances were all fun to watch, except for you know who's. I loved that the episode ended on Kurt and his freshly decorated locker. =)

Also, after this episode, I am absolutely convinced Ryan Murphy or another writer lurks on the forums and listens to the fandom, cause so much of what Kurt and Blaine said during the argument in Kurt's bedroom echoed things that Kurt fans and Blaine fans have said over these past months. (Blaine gets too many solos - implying he takes them from Kurt. Blaine is the superior "alpha gay". Kurt should feel loved because Blaine left Dalton, his "whole life" for Kurt. Kurt throwing the Sebastian stuff back in Blaine's face, as many Kurt fans still do. Blaine and his fans saying back that it's not the same, his type of flirting was "okay". Etc. Etc.) I just wish the writers would actually take what we say to heart and fix the things we complain about instead of meta-ing about it all the time.

But, overall I really liked the episode, especially with how much Kurt was in it, and I'm very much looking forward to the next one. wub
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/25/2012, 1:41 am

fantastica wrote:another recap, from zap2it

dryy at the part of this review focusing on the Kurt and Blaine storyline.

No, Kurt was not TOTALLY in the wrong, both he and so-called "adorable" Blaine were in the wrong in different ways, the two of them, thank you very much. dryy
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/25/2012, 1:48 am

I am happy that there was so much kurt - i mean he was w/ rachel, blaine, burt.... did you notice that when they were in the choir room during rachel and santana's duet kurt was sitting next to SAM! and they were laughing while looking at the phone (I bet chris was actually watching funny cat videos on youtube). I kind of wishing kurt was w/ sam now - he's got abs, and nice. and no ego. and not an attention whore. me like that.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/25/2012, 2:02 am

fantastica wrote:I am happy that there was so much kurt - i mean he was w/ rachel, blaine, burt.... did you notice that when they were in the choir room during rachel and santana's duet kurt was sitting next to SAM! and they were laughing while looking at the phone (I bet chris was actually watching funny cat videos on youtube). I kind of wishing kurt was w/ sam now - he's got abs, and nice. and no ego. and not an attention whore. me like that.

THIS. I loved the Kurt/Sam chemistry in the choir room. It's was so natural and sweet.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/25/2012, 2:04 am

My problem with the Kurt/Blaine drama angst was that a lot of these issues should have been developed all along during this season if the show actually had them having fu***ing dialogue and conversations on their dynamics. It's not surprising that Kurt has some resentment how he's always shoved aside for the fan girling of Blaine, it's not a shocker that Blaine points out how he transferred over for Kurt and that should be proof of something , it's not a secret that Blaine would have major separation anxiety issues with Kurt leaving, etc, etc.

But to bring all this out and resolved in one episode? The impact would have been greater and more genuine if they would have shown these things developing all season long.
This show.

Just no.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/25/2012, 2:06 am

fantastica wrote:another recap, from zap2it

The part about Kurt being totally in the wrong and Blaine being adorable made me throw up. vomir

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/25/2012, 2:13 am

Buenos wrote:My problem with the Kurt/Blaine drama angst was that a lot of these issues should have been developed all along during this season if the show actually had them having fu***ing dialogue and conversations on their dynamics. It's not surprising that Kurt has some resentment how he's always shoved aside for the fan girling of Blaine, it's not a shocker that Blaine points out how he transferred over for Kurt and that should be proof of something , it's not a secret that Blaine would have major separation anxiety issues with Kurt leaving, etc, etc.

But to bring all this out and resolved in one episode? The impact would have been greater and more genuine if they would have shown these things developing all season long.
This show.

Just no.
this is typical glee though - every serious conflict is resolved in a blink. Sebastian being an asshole/criminal gets retconned in one sentence. Rachel wanting her "bling bling" and all these material things and after one bible reading (she shoudl just convert to Christian!) is going to donate all her belongings to the homeless... the writers isn't writing for real people. these are cartoon characters. everything is simplified. they think we audience are all kindergardeners. but then, this is the way glee has always been.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/25/2012, 2:14 am

AfterElton‏@AfterElton
Quick to iTunes to to buy @chriscolfer's performance. Favorite of the night, so Whitney, yet so Kurt. #kurtrules

Kat W‏@PRMajor73
@AfterElton @chriscolfer Chris killed it!!
https://twitter.com/#!/AfterElton/status/194949207969370112
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/25/2012, 2:17 am

guys I hate to say this but there's another stupid poll from Wetpaint and right now Team Kurt is losing:

http://www.wetpaint.com/glee/articles/glees-big-klaine-fight-are-you-team-kurt-or-team-blaine

please help team kurt win! I can't believe I am saying this...
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mellama 4/25/2012, 2:22 am

I'll probably be one of the voices contrasting with the main melody here, but I loved this episode. Loved. It. Main reason, Kurt got the right amount of focus Smile and he got to sing. I loved that he got scenes with so many different people! Fabulous episode.

As far as I'm concerned, they should give Kurt this amount of focus every week. I also liked the interaction between Rachel and Santana. Interchange Wemma, Samcedes, Joe and Quinn, Finchel, Puck, Artie etc. from epi to epi, but keep the focus on Kurt. That is all. Laughing

I loved the music. Finally another Kurt solo! I liked it when I just heard I Have Nothing ahead of time. Vocally, it's not among Kurt's absolute very best, IMO, but it's still great. But he sing/acts so incredibly! I loved his performance of it. Just stellar! Loved How Will I Know? as well. It's the first time I've downloaded in forever. I'll be downloading this episode from Amazon, too. I liked all the musical numbers. First time I've liked Joe; he and Quinn sounded good together. Blaine's was probably my least favorite song, but it wasn't awful.

Burt and Kurt ~ always spectacular! They should have a scene together every episode!

Loved Kurt with Chandler. I didn't mind at all that Chandler was a nerd boy. I like nerdy! I thought he was cute and funny. Loved Kurt getting unabashed admiration. I actually think it was better that Chandler wasn't gorgeous and sexy. I believed that the flirtation was innocent and just Kurt enjoying attention, but no real attraction on Kurt's part. I don't mind at all that Kurt was a little bit wrong. I don't want him to be St. Kurt. But I would have hated it if he really had been attracted and was actually emotionally cheating.

I loved it that Kurt and Blaine actually TALKED with each other! A whole lot of issues that have had us kvetching were finally dealt with. I'm sure all the Blaine fans thought Kurt was wrong, while Kurtsies fault Blaine more. I like it that they both have relatable points of view and they're both a little wrong, IMO. Just typical kids having to work things out. I hope/wish they'll continue talking. I don't mind Klaine when they actually interact as a real couple. I agree that it would have been better if they had been developing these issues all along. But at least they did finally acknowledge them.

My one real complaint of the night was they didn't make up with a kiss. If it had been any other couple they would have. They should have. It looked like Kurt was going to, and then it turned into a hug. Oh well.

And the Lesbian Bed Death comment? ptdr I laughed at quite a few lines tonight. Brittany's cheetah comment, Kurt's labels in his room, especially the green ones, Starsky and Gay Hutch, etc. Emma silently slipping Saying Sorry with a Song pamphlet under the blotter was funny, too. Smile

A couple more epis like this and I'll go ahead and get the DVD after all. At this moment, I have such high hopes for the rest of the season. I don't understand how they can do so many crap episodes, when they can do it so right!
mellama
mellama
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next