Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

+31
CloveGlee
M&M
Shinra17
BlueJazz
red texta
Jake667
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
happydays
sjonnepon
dap1217
Glorfindel
Emile
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Delight
ColferInspired
emilynna
arina
mellama
ColferGirl
angelnessa
brisallie
sahhar
kac
Buenos
Divalicious
fantastica
paulopf
Dame Loli
Jellyrolls
35 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Buenos 4/24/2012, 9:52 pm

I'm sorry but more focus on Blaine angst??

Geeze...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  paulopf 4/24/2012, 9:53 pm

Hahaha. Well, I'm glad that at least it was acknowledged that Blaine was actually the one in the wrong the whole time, right? That was acknowledged, right? Whatever his reasons, it was kinda clear /he/ was the one acting in a stupid manner. Please, tell me that was clear enough even for deluded klainers.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/24/2012, 9:53 pm

Blaine angst, and Klaine friction over in half an episode. Ugh.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/24/2012, 10:00 pm

damn they cut out kurt's part in the last song!!!! they just have to cut out HIS part! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/24/2012, 10:02 pm

fantastica wrote:damn they cut out kurt's part in the last song!!!! they just have to cut out HIS part! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

But be happy. Klaine is happy. Yay.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/24/2012, 10:03 pm

dryy dryy dryy dryy

ok the show is over and here's my 3 cents:

first, overall this epiosde isn't bad. I like it. but mostly because my idol is in like a big chunk of the scenes and I just can't get enough of him. He made the episode worthy watching!

while I am not too happy about the whole klaine conflict details, I am glad they went for it, and the beginning of it was quite good. the resolution feels forced and troubling, starting from IHN. the song was sung to blaine as an apology and he didn't even appreciate it reminded me of Perfect. the difference is that blaine didn't throw insult back to kurt. thank god!

I am not really getting the whitney-graduation connection, at all. I'd rather than if it's just a tribute to whitney only, rather than mixing it w/ graduation stuff.

klaine had a lot more problems and they hardly touched any. it feels like they are just doing some fan service. yes we want someone to pursue kurt but we wanted some hot dudes. i guess the hot dudes are only interested in blaine. dryy and I am not too happy when kurt says you can visit everyweek - if that's how they are going to bring kurt back to screen in S4, w/ blaine! during their weekly meetings, rather than about him being in ny, I am going to be really pissed!

Last edited by fantastica on 4/24/2012, 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/24/2012, 10:04 pm

I can just laugh and keep loving Kurt. ptdr
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/24/2012, 10:06 pm

Divalicious wrote:Where is it "family Friendly" that Sebastian wanted into Blaine's pants. While I don't condone communication with someone else while you are dating, especially when he is being so flirty, at least he didn't have coffee dates and talk with him on the telephone. What I don't like is that Blaine gets to vent his hurt with the choir room as a back up dissing Kurt, where Kurt had to take it and was a "bad boy friend" because he was trying to limit Blaine's friendship.

I don't like the tone it took, but I am glad that Kurt voiced that he was unhappy sitting on the stool so much. Too bad it is alright that Blaine didn't notice that.

I did notice that instead of casting a hot, tall guy they got a short nerdy spastic guy. I wish for the one time they probably allow Kurt to have someone interested in him other than Blaine it would have been someone really handsome. Sigh.

I missed this earlier, but this was a great post, Divalicious. I'm think Kurt was wrong to be flirty texting with Chandler, especially in light of him being upset about Blaine and Sebastian, but Blaine's actions were worse.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/24/2012, 10:21 pm

paulopf wrote:Hahaha. Well, I'm glad that at least it was acknowledged that Blaine was actually the one in the wrong the whole time, right? That was acknowledged, right? Whatever his reasons, it was kinda clear /he/ was the one acting in a stupid manner. Please, tell me that was clear enough even for deluded klainers.

are you watching it or are you just guessing based on other viewers' live comments?

I don't get the sense at all that blaine is the wrong one. he felt wronged. he gets to accuse kurt in front of the whole glee club. he gets the apology song and didn't give a fuck. but at the end in Emma's office he explained he was hurt and he got a hug. there's really not enough interaction/communication between teh 2. just like how Finchel resolved their conflict, every glee conflicts are resolved quickly w/o much effort. all feel forced and unnatural to me.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/24/2012, 10:25 pm

paulopf wrote:Hahaha. Well, I'm glad that at least it was acknowledged that Blaine was actually the one in the wrong the whole time, right? That was acknowledged, right? Whatever his reasons, it was kinda clear /he/ was the one acting in a stupid manner. Please, tell me that was clear enough even for deluded klainers.

Kurt mentioned about Blaine texting and calling Sebastian, and Blaine said that was different because he didn't like Sebastian, and the text were family friendly. So, according to Blaine, it was all right for him to text Sebastian because he didn't like Sebastian, but it's not all right for Kurt to text Chandler because he likes Chandler.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/24/2012, 10:32 pm

why does he keep being in touch w/ the person he doesn't like? even gushing to him about their sectional plan? knowing the other side is the competition? it's one thing if Sebby used to be friends w/ blaine back when they were both at Dalton but this guy is new. blaine's connection w/ dalton is his old friends, not this never-before-seen guy. what a lame excuse to brush off that weird blaine-sebastian storyline! ps. based on what sebby said to blaine (about how "Hot" he is blah blah blah) I doubt their texts will be strictly family friendly.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Loli 4/24/2012, 10:34 pm

^ dryy suspectt beam Mad dryy dryy dryy dryy

this was my exact reaction
Dame Loli
Dame Loli
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://dameloli.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/24/2012, 11:04 pm

Dame Loli wrote:Burt is awesome.

Burt and Kurt are the only characters I'm currently having any kind of warm feelings for.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/24/2012, 11:06 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

Kurt mentioned about Blaine texting and calling Sebastian, and Blaine said that was different because he didn't like Sebastian, and the text were family friendly. So, according to Blaine, it was all right for him to text Sebastian because he didn't like Sebastian, but it's not all right for Kurt to text Chandler because he likes Chandler.

I meant in the office. At least, finally, this stupid show made this stupid character acknowledged he did something wrong. About the Sebastian thing: indeed. And both situations, Kurt/Chandler, Sebastian/Blaine are not the same at all.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 4/24/2012, 11:14 pm

This is what I wrote at GF..

It was a reasonable episode, I liked it. In regards to Blaine and Kurt, well it takes two to cause such a miscommunication. Neither was at fault, yet both of them were, they each had a good reason to be annoyed and upset with each other. And Darren did a reasonable job acting wise. Not as great as the spoiler made me believe, but serviceable.

I was diplomatic about the acting part, I really wanted to say, that was the great acting? I didn't see that.
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/24/2012, 11:21 pm

if serviceable acting is considered good acting by some fans, then everybody deserves emmies and oscars.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 4/24/2012, 11:22 pm

I think Darren does do the prissy petulant pissed look well...
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/24/2012, 11:27 pm

he's toned a bit down w/ his blangst face until the end of that song. but his face when looking at kurt laughing at the texts is wrong kind of look. he looked like a sad puppy. should be a jealous look, mixed some anger AND pain. see this is the thing - Darren does one look at a time: hurt puppy look; angry look. the feeling blaine has at that time should be a mixture of many emotions - real feelings are often complex. student actors would practice in front of mirrors various emotions: anger.... pain.... happy.... but that's why they are students or amatures. real feelings are complex and hard to describe. you need to display a bunch of these things in a nuianced way.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/24/2012, 11:28 pm

fantastica wrote:

are you watching it or are you just guessing based on other viewers' live comments?

I don't get the sense at all that blaine is the wrong one. he felt wronged. he gets to accuse kurt in front of the whole glee club. he gets the apology song and didn't give a fuck. but at the end in Emma's office he explained he was hurt and he got a hug. there's really not enough interaction/communication between teh 2. just like how Finchel resolved their conflict, every glee conflicts are resolved quickly w/o much effort. all feel forced and unnatural to me.

Watching it. Yep: forced and unnatural, definitely. Also, rushed. The Sebastian thing was completely pushed under the rug. I also hated how they tried to make Blaine look all "cool" when he sang that song to Kurt and, of course, talk about disloyalty, spreading lies about his boyfriend in front of all his friends? He got upset and mad, I can understand it, but he was an ass when he sang that in front of everyone, and though I need to re-watch the scene, I'm judging ND pretty hard for what I perceived as siding up with Blaine. I mean that in Emma's office, at least the show made Blaine explain himself and how recognize that he, indeed, had been neglecting Kurt.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/24/2012, 11:30 pm

btw TVline's recap is already out: link here
Kurts solo is rated A-; the first opening song is A+. blaine's solo is C+ because the author is sick of his "bad acting" and angry faces. I am surprised he said that.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 4/24/2012, 11:32 pm

I am glad he said that, someone has to.

The comments are going to be interesting.
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/24/2012, 11:41 pm

does anybody notice that rory has been missing? you know in the latest Ausello spoiler,
Spoiler:

so does that mean rory/damian is gone gone??? I need to rewatch the episode to see if anything is actually missing. is sugar there too?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/24/2012, 11:51 pm

Just finished watching the episode. I'll just get the non-Kurt parts out of the way first.

The songs were all done well, I don't all of Whitney's songs very well but I'm assuming they were going for some kind of music video format for some of the songs, which was fine. The Santana-Rachel interaction was genuinely sweet. The subplot with Will and Emma had a bigger effect on the than I thought it would. When he was talking about Glee and when he looked at them in the end like he first did in the pilot I actually teared up, which is most Glee has come to making me cry recently. The Joe-Quinn storyline was alright, but I actually don't really mind his character that much, it's just than I'd rather Quinn not always have to have a love interest. Now to the main stuff.

The Kurt storyline left me mad. Really mad. Chris's acting was phenomenal. Darren, the less said the better. Instead of coming across as internally conflicted with his feelings for Kurt I felt like he was just plain disgusted and mad and ultra pissed with his boyfriend, as if Kurt had been sleeping around with someone. Chris lent his dialogue and scenes so much dignity (as much as he could). Blaine's cold nature right from the beginning was not justified to me, whether he was upset that Kurt was leaving or not. If Kurt was behaving the same way I'm sure the fandom and the show would have never let him hear the end of it. Chris was right. I was on Kurt's side. I felt for him. After all the attention Blaine would get from Sebastian and girls, and solos in the Glee club, not to mention not having any physical affection between the two or not complimenting Kurt. They resolved all of Blaine's over dramatic behavior towards Kurt by Blaine saying that he just preparing to see what it was like when Kurt is gone???!!!!!!!!!!!. Really?????????. I see no problem that Kurt talked to or texted Chandler. Yes the only thing that could be considered questionable behavior by Kurt was him not minding the flirty texts from Chandler, but THAT. WAS. IT. He's a human being. He wanted some attention. He didn't flirt back by sexting or talking about non family friendly stuff ( oh yeah Blaine, what Sebastian and you had going on was very family friendly, uh NO Mad ).

I think Blaine overreacted. A lot. There was no reason for him to humiliate Kurt by singing a song about blatant cheating to Kurt in front of the entire Glee club. Just. No. Even though Kurt explained to Blaine things and Blaine said Kurt should just talk to him about things, it just felt like Kurt has done something really bad. Like he had kissed someone or slept with someone.

I loved Kurt's scene with Burt. I started crying there. I have Nothing reminded me a lot of the way his song in Born This Way was filmed. I really wish they had kept a longer version rather than subject us to Darren's pointless rant number. In the couples counseling scene I finally felt like things were getting better, but then Blaine started attacking Kurt again, right from the way he calls a waiter to how he changes Blaine's moisturizing routine. It wasn't that I didn't like Blaine saying all these things, it's just I didn't like the tone he was using. It was really, really rude. Obviously, it's all resolved by Blaine saying he feels bad because he can't live without Kurt, that's what justified his behavior the whole episode, and Kurt saying he loves him too. Later on Kurt stops all contact with Chandler, again, really?, he couldn't have just told him to not come on too strong and still talk to each other as friends?. Then again, Blaine texting Kurt and telling him he likes his hat, just to make up for everything?.

I've come across very negative on this recap. But these are my feelings. The other plotlines were actually better than the way Kurt's storyline was handled. I loved the Emma moments, she was priceless. I'm sorry if I came across to character bashing in this recap, but I assume this is too long to put in the snark and bark thread. Feel free to transfer it there if this is coming across too negative.

So to sum up. The episode was alright, Santana, Rachel, Will, Emma, Kurt and Burt made me really emotional. Kurt and Blaine's storyline still left a bad taste in my mouth.

P.S - I actually liked Chandler. He was sweet.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/25/2012, 12:05 am

I am sick of hot dudes. in a way chandler is cute and friendly and remind me a puppy dog. I don't mind seeing him again but this will be IT. you know if he was recurring, the actor would be doing all kinds of interviews...
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/25/2012, 12:09 am

fantastica wrote:I am sick of hot dudes. in a way chandler is cute and friendly and remind me a puppy dog. I don't mind seeing him again but this will be IT. you know if he was recurring, the actor would be doing all kinds of interviews...

I'd love to see him back too. But I think that was it for him. I'm just really angry and upset after today's episode. Everywhere I go online people are praising Blaine and the Klaine relationship, and today I just couldn't handle it. I'm just tired of this show.

Chris, just leave Glee already, it's draining me out :( .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next