Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 10 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  Buenos 8/28/2013, 3:46 pm

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  Lottie2303 9/1/2013, 5:33 am

For once, I follow Chris advice (I really cannot get into Downton Abbey, for whatever unexplained reason), and I am watching now "Orange is the nex Black". Two episodes in and I am liking it so far. It is most certainly one of the most diverse, female casts I've ever seen.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/1/2013, 1:47 pm

i love downton abbey. watched it for the second time w/ my mom recently. i had to translate the whole thing for her as she understands very little english, but i enjoyed it very much because i gave me an opportunity to explore the show deeper.

now i have something to confess. i just watched the BBC mini series North & South, for the one millionth time and I am seriously crushing on Richard Armitage. wub wub wub the guy is so handsome and his baritone English accent is to die for... just to be superficial. he's a great actor but he's more on the "dark" and "deep" side. while i have seen clips of him in many roles (mostly british stuff that we Americans never see), he was absolutely irresistable in North & South. funny i never care for American/hollywood hearthrobe type, but when it comes to a few English gentlemen in period dramas, I am often full of heart eyes. there's something extremely attractive about a mature (but still young enough) man w/ a serious, classic movie star look. Personally i think he looks the best w/ the sideburn as in N&S. Long hair is also cool. I'd love to see him in more period movies. btw i was shocked to learn that he played the dwarf king in the Hobbit trilogy. he wore so much makeup i would never recognize him. oh, that guy was trained as a dancer. he was in Cats. a body to die for. and tall. and I am sorry i am swooning about him here. i don't want to go to his fansite because i read that many of his hard core fans are quite nasty (probably not more so than glee fans lol).

Anyway North & South (don't confuse it w/ the american civil war mini-series) is a great drama story on its own. It's available on netflix and amazon prime. The pace is a bit slow typical of most BBC period dramas and there's no special effects or fancy gadgetry. only good acting and heart-felt conversations.

just so you know i am NOT abandoning our little community. I am still a fan of chris and I reserve my right to love as many fabulous male celebrities as my heart will allow. Smile

Last edited by fantastica on 9/2/2013, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 9/1/2013, 7:31 pm

Buenos wrote:
Amber Riley Reportedly Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Cast!

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2013/08/28/amber-riley-reportedly-joins-dancing-with-the-stars-cast/

Amber Riley Reportedly Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Cast!

It looks like Amber Riley may be putting on her dancing shoes soon!

According to a source for Wetpaint.com, the 27-year-old Glee actress is joining the upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars.

“HUGE announcement next week hehehehehe! Can’t wait to share y’all,” she posted on her Instagram today.

The official cast announcement is set to be made on Good Morning America on Wednesday, Sept. 4. We can’t wait to find out if the news is true!

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Amber possibly joining the DWTS cast?

I really like Amber and wish her the best in everything she does. But I probably will not be watching just because I hate that show.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/18/2013, 10:22 pm

This is why I call a good promotion. Learns Glee

I know I'm being biased, but I can't avoid it.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/19/2013, 3:16 am

^Lol. ptdr 

Loved that. Laughing about yourself is the best. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 9/28/2013, 1:28 am

I'm feeling like a slop chef right now. I can cook, but the kids on Junior Masterchef? are scary good. They are aged 9 to 13 and have better knife skills than me and can make pasta from scratch. blushh 
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/28/2013, 4:53 am

can i be honest. kids of that age should be spending days playing in parks with their friends, going to school, watching cartoons and spending quality time with their parents. not being on tv shows like masterchef (which i happen to like, but that is irrelevant) or those awful shows like toddlers and tiaras. kids need a childhood free of such unhealthy competition and conflict.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/13/2013, 7:04 am

I watched "America Horror Story: Coven" and have severe problems to believe Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk are also the writers of Glee. The differences are so glaring.

Also the new season is full with strong woman of all ages, abusive relationships got called out (and fangirls got ignored) and so many more things. How can they do it so right here, and be the exact, offensive opposite of Glee? I don't get it.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/13/2013, 9:19 am

I've started watching "Blacklist" and really like it so far, despite the main actress who is only average IMO.

I might try again Supernatural. I used to love it but the 6th season was horrendous (IMO) and I didn't have the heart to watch 7 and 8 (although I watched the 2 first of the 8th and liked them). Might try again: would you recommend it?

And I don't know if that's already been discussed here but did any of you watch Misfits? The 2 first seasons of this show are probably my favorite episodes of any TV show so far.

And finally, I started Game of Thrones this summer, and the quality of this show is stunning. Writing, dialogues, acting, plot and even the production on it is incredible.

Last edited by coxfire on 10/13/2013, 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/13/2013, 9:25 am

^ Misfits is great. At least the first two seasons. The actors are so amazing and have proven me once again that HW should stop casting based on looks, but based on acting talent.

I still have to continue with GoT. And Breaking Bad. Both are so great shows, but I really need to be in a certain headspace.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/22/2013, 9:19 pm

@Tanita, have you ended el 'Internado'? The series is been broadcasting on my country since Sunday Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/23/2013, 7:15 am

^^^ not yet. i was catching up to other shows that are now on american tv. i have to catch up to elementary, american horror story, revenge, few episodes of pretty little liars, maybe covert affairs. these are all shows i have seen the first season or started it but haven't finished for one reason or another.

i just watched every aired episode of "homeland" in that last 3-4 days. it's been a while since i really liked a drama/thriller show this much. and i know they are both demented, but i totally ship brody/kerry.

the blacklist is very good, and yes, the female lead is kind of bland, but good thing that the show doesn't rest only on her.

agents of shield - it's not bad, but i'm not wowed by it as i thought i would be. agent coulson continues to be the boss as does that asian chick, but the "good looking" agent and the hacker chick are kind of irritating me. i think they were good in the comic plotline, but no drama or serious stuff for them because they suck at it.

once upon a time in wonderland was a an even worse cgi crap then the original show. alice is ok, cyrus is bland, the red queen and jaffar are like a cheap knock off of the evil queen/rumplestilskin dynamic, only good thing is the knave of hears.

sleepy hollow is the surprise of the season for me. i really like what i'm seeing and the leads are fantastic. especially ichabod.

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/23/2013, 10:50 am

@Tanita, sometimes I simply forgot how many series you watch o.o and also I've been told that I should watch Homeland, but I've been so busy. By other side, some friends have told me that I've to catch up with AHS:Coven, but I prefer to wait until the season ends and then I'll have a marathon.

Currently I'm only following Supernatural and "El Internado"...oh and Glee, I forgot that one.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/23/2013, 11:08 am

Homeland is also on my to-watch-list among many, many other shows...
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/23/2013, 2:27 pm

tried to watch the walking dead as it's an extremely popular show. couldn't finish the first episode. i guess my zombie days are over.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/23/2013, 2:41 pm

SHERLOCK SEASON 3 HAS A RELEASE DATE!!!! I AM HYPERVENTILATING!!! ded hola bounce flower hiphopa 

sifflou 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/23/2013, 5:05 pm

I've pushed back watching Homeland because of Claire Danes. I don't know why I haven't liked her work since My So Called Life. Is she very different in it?

And talking about TV, I didn't know Jonathan Groff had another show, Looking, coming next spring. I only knew about it since someone told me yesterday that it will also have the lovely Russell Tovey in it apparently.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/25/2013, 8:44 am

valkeakuulas wrote:I've pushed back watching Homeland because of Claire Danes. I don't know why I haven't liked her work since My So Called Life. Is she very different in it?

And talking about TV, I didn't know Jonathan Groff had another show, Looking, coming next spring. I only knew about it since someone told me yesterday that it will also have the lovely Russell Tovey in it apparently.
she is positively brilliant in homeland. effective, professional, always on the edge of insanity until she crosses that edge in the most glorious way. i was down right impressed with both her and damien lewis who plays the american pow/suspected terrorist. the show is the about the collision course of these two "not quite right in the head" people and what happens because of it. i love it. it's my new recommend of everyone on the forum. i'm not a huge fan of war themed movies/shows, but this is about war, security, morality, espionage, fear, belief, religion, love, deceit, betrayal, ...
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/25/2013, 10:41 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Homeland is also on my to-watch-list among many, many other shows...
Mine too. Sherlock is also on my list, actually, I downloaded season one few weeks ago, but I haven't watched yet, so lazy.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/25/2013, 10:44 am

^Sherlock is SO good and only has om total 6 episodes. You really have to watch it, as it is in my opinion the finest and best television production I have ever seen.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 11/20/2013, 12:05 pm

i have another spanish show to recommend (this on is on going) for those interested. it's called "tierra de lobos" or "the land of the wolves". it's a period piece, kind of western. set in 18/19th century spain. two outlaw-man (brother bravo) return home while on the run from the law in portugal. unfortunately, they are not welcome as they are wild cards and in their small village everything is owned by mr lobo, kind of like a local mafia lord. his word is law and the only plot of land he doesn't own belongs to our two protagonists, the brothers bravo. lobo has 4 daughters, 3 that are in their mid to late teens and a one that is 8-10 year old and has TB. the oldest sister falls in love with the older bravo brother, the second sister is not interested in marriage (she has a lesbian love affair later in the show), the 3rd is a bit wild and is in love with the foreman of lobos property and quite a trouble maker. all in all, it's got romance, it's got horses and gunfights, violence and sex, comedy, and compelling storytelling. i like it. so far the show aired 35, 70-80 minute episodes.it' in it's 3rd season right now in spain and has 7 out of this seasons 16 episodes to air. oh, and the first two seasons have english translation online (which i'm using to watch). it's fun and i haven't watched a telenovela style show in quite some time that i liked as much.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/20/2013, 9:47 pm

I googled 'Tierra de Lobos', and it seems interesting. Besides, I've realized that spanish series are actually quite good, ok I've only seen 'El Internado' wub, but from what I told with some people who have seen more productions, they have told me they're. Have you seen 'El Barco'? I haven't, but it was quite successful in my country, here's a summary:

A global cataclysm, caused by a fatal accident in Geneva, Switzerland during the implementation of the particle accelerator, will lead to the crew and students of the school-ship Estrella Polar (Polar Star) to live the greatest adventure of their lives. Isolated and aware that they only have each other, the ship will become their only home.
Some similarities with American TV series Lost have been noticed by some fans, notably the isolation of the characters, occasional characters' flashbacks, existence of a pseudo-scientific parallel plot, arrival of 'others', finding of ancient films and the search for a surviving island.
And girl, how do you have time to find out new series while you're keeping up with the ones you're already seeing? I'm in shock and proud too.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 11/20/2013, 9:54 pm

well, i'm kind of behind on most shows i regulary watch. i usually binge these days. with my new pc i can download episodes and watch them when i have the time. i have days when i don't watch anything and then the next one 4-5 episodes of various tv shows. also, fast forward is a really good friend.

i've seen el barco on a site that posts spanish/turkish/greek and such tv shows with serbian subtiles. when i have the time i'll watch a few episodes online to see if it's good.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 11/24/2013, 8:24 am

Who else watched the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special? I loved it! Smile Spent my whole day on Doctor Who related stuff instead of studying for finals.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 27  Next