Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  bayth 5/5/2013, 11:21 am

I have another download for you from Harrison Craig. He was on last night and sang a song called "Home" and the single is out on iTunes Australia. Here it is: Home
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/7/2013, 2:31 am

So, I've loved what they've done with Smash this season.
Spoiler:

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/7/2013, 10:50 am

some parts of the show have improved, but not by much and not enough ivy for my taste. although i'm glad they seam to be moving on from derek's obsession with karen, because as far as i'm concerned he is BLIND as a bat on that front - she is nothing more then a talented vocalist and she was so wrong for Marilyn M. both the character and the "actress" have no talent in either acting or dancing and she gets killed every time she sings with/opposed/or the same song as megan hility. get of broadway karen - you don't effing belong there.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/10/2013, 7:34 pm

tanita_mors wrote:some parts of the show have improved, but not by much and not enough ivy for my taste. although i'm glad they seam to be moving on from derek's obsession with karen, because as far as i'm concerned he is BLIND as a bat on that front - she is nothing more then a talented vocalist and she was so wrong for Marilyn M. both the character and the "actress" have no talent in either acting or dancing and she gets killed every time she sings with/opposed/or the same song as megan hility. get of broadway karen - you don't effing belong there.

Really? I've loved what they've done for Ivy. Taking her from being obsessed with bringing Karen down to actually working on her own dreams again. I've enjoyed Ivy's Broadway adventures...first with that dud of a show, and then with Bombshell. She is the perfect Marilyn, and Karen doesn't even begin to compete with her in that role. I think Karen can sing and dance, and has barely improved on her Marilyn impression, but she's nothing compared to Ivy in that role.

Ivy's gotten some juicy stuff to act with both the characters of Tom and of her mother. And I'm so glad that the Derek/Ivy "relationship" has (sort of) come to an end. I'm glad that there is a truce between Ivy and Karen, and I'm SO glad they are separated now. Ivy has the Broadway blockbuster and Karen has the downtown, off Broadway indie show. Of course, the two ladies will probably duke it out at the Tony's (and yes, Ivy should win. I hated her in season one but I like her now, and she's obviously more talented, soooo....)

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/11/2013, 6:35 pm

Smash is officially cancelled. :(

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/12/2013, 3:23 pm

Really? I've loved what they've done for Ivy.
you misunderstood me. i love season 2 ivy as well, but i wish she had even more screen time.
god, last night was all you needed to see just how untalented the karen actess is, he was virtualy dead in her "emotion" scnes with both derek and ivy.

as for the cancelation, it's no news really. i just hope NBC don't kill Hannibal - i'm really loving the show and wish it were on showtime/hbo/a&e/fx/amc or any other cable because it's top quality in production and acting. hell, if they don't want to make it i hope someone buys the show of NBC hands , at the very least netflix given a few of their shows latly.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/12/2013, 3:55 pm

I love this season Ivy as well but she was my favorite last season too. And I agree that I wish more screentime for her.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/13/2013, 5:51 am

tanita_mors wrote:
as for the cancelation, it's no news really. i just hope NBC don't kill Hannibal - i'm really loving the show and wish it were on showtime/hbo/a&e/fx/amc or any other cable because it's top quality in production and acting. hell, if they don't want to make it i hope someone buys the show of NBC hands , at the very least netflix given a few of their shows latly.

Ah, I heard about Hannibal. It sounds very interesting-- the whole serial killer-playing-mentor-to-a-detective angle. I gather that this series is worth watching? Also, was the violence and gore explicit (I have a tender stomach when it comes to horror/violence)?
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/13/2013, 11:18 am

Delight wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:

Ah, I heard about Hannibal. It sounds very interesting-- the whole serial killer-playing-mentor-to-a-detective angle. I gather that this series is worth watching? Also, was the violence and gore explicit (I have a tender stomach when it comes to horror/violence)?
it's cable aka dexter/true blood/game of thrones explicit ( pretty gory )- which is rare for network tv. i love it and think the acting is phenomenal and i'm impressed with their choice of hannibal and will graham, but honestly, you got to watch it and judge yourself.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/14/2013, 2:43 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
Really? I've loved what they've done for Ivy.
you misunderstood me. i love season 2 ivy as well, but i wish she had even more screen time.
god, last night was all you needed to see just how untalented the karen actess is, he was virtualy dead in her "emotion" scnes with both derek and ivy.

Is Katherine the untalented actress, or is Karen? tonguue True, Karen is a bit bland. And her "acting" in the "I Heard Your Voice in a Dream" number made me cringe. As for Katherine herself, she's no Megan...but she does have emotions that she portrays better than other emotions. Both Ivy and Megan outdo Karen and Katherine as actresses, this is true. But Katherine's portrayal as Karen reminds me a bit of some of the real life "meek" girls that I've known in the past. She doesn't pop off the screen like Megan does as Ivy, but I wouldn't call her soap opera awful. Personally, I like the split between Ivy and Karen and their different shows and theater experiences. And I knew, in the back of my mind, that the show was going to get cancelled. I was just waiting for the official announcement. I guess musical TV shows are hard to pull off?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/15/2013, 4:14 pm

Katherine - the actress (couldn't remember her name blushh ). she is just so non-existent on the screen for me. she has no presence and it really shows when she is sharing it with megan. and you would think given megan's background as a stage actress that she would overact, but no, she has been fantastic. and i had no idea before smash that she was one of many glinda's in wicked (i even have a butleg of one of her performances Twisted Evil ) Katherine, for me, isn't lead actress material. as someone said at TWOP, she could do good in a comedy as someones girlfriend or a 3rd lead of some kind.

also, the whole premise of the show was wrong. if i'm correct, we were suppose to ruth for karen and hope she wins the lead. and if she was going for it against, say a broadway legend/unpopular diva/movie star/ hell even a former star that is at the end of her carrier, i might have felt sympathy and ruthed for her. but they did the worst thing possible, because no matter how bitchy they presented ivy, she was a chorus girl, been in 8 or 10 musical on broadway and finally close to her big break, not to mention they gave her unbelievable amount of sympathy when we found out that she has been living in the shadow of her famous/arrogant/self-centered mother. and all this is just plot. now add the lack of chemistry karen has with derek and katherine rather weak acting, and you get smash with it one bright light -ivy lyn.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/15/2013, 4:31 pm

I thought the exact same thing about Megan! I've seen her performances in Wicked on YT, and she was just so hilariously over the top...I wasn't sure if this stage actress would come across as believable and realistic onscreen and boy, was I wrong. Even in season one when I hated Ivy, she could be so heartbreaking in subtle ways and really make me feel sympathy for her character. I'm surprised Megan hasn't gotten any major award nominations/wins for her work as this broken and complex character. She knocked it out of the park. As for Katherine...she isn't even a real actress, she's a former American Idol contestant (singing competion), and I think it shows. Laughing

That being said, for all of season one, I did root for Karen and not Ivy. I did feel sorry for Ivy and her problems sometimes, due to Megan's outstanding acting. Karen did come across as cardboard compared to her, but I rooted for Karen because I felt sorry for her for being treated so horribly by Ivy, despite not doing anything to deserve that treatment. Lame reasoning, I guess. But I rooted for the "good guy" or, in this case, girl. And yes, Ivy is the perfect Marilyn...Karen is only passable in the role at best. I'm glad Ivy gets to be Marilyn for season two. I like Ivy now this season, because she feels much more proactive about her own life...she is no longer so self destrutive or harmful towards other people. She is geniunely climbing that ladder of success and not radiating negativity anymore. I root for her now.

Are you going to watch the two hour series finale on May 26th (The Nominations/The Tony's)?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/15/2013, 4:38 pm

Even on American Idol(back when it was still somewhat decent), Katherine didn't interest me. She was an alright singer, I guess, but she just didnt have the same earnestness and passion that Carrie Underwood, Clay Aiken, Kelly Clarkson, and Adam Lambert. Those 4 kind of zapped off my television and sparkled. Katherine doesn't. She's just...ordinary.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/15/2013, 4:42 pm

I barely remember her from that show. I think I remember her singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and that's it. All I remember her for is her beauty and her voice, but I don't remember her personality.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/15/2013, 4:43 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I barely remember her from that show. I think I remember her singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and that's it. All I remember her for is her beauty and her voice, but I don't remember her personality.

Exactly.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/15/2013, 4:45 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:I barely remember her from that show. I think I remember her singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and that's it. All I remember her for is her beauty and her voice, but I don't remember her personality.

Exactly.

Some Smash fans are saying that she's an obnoxious attention whore in real life.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/15/2013, 4:50 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

Exactly.

Some Smash fans are saying that she's an obnoxious attention whore in real life.

I wouldn't know. I'm not a fan of that show. I saw like one episode and got bored halfway through. Razz
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/15/2013, 5:13 pm

Are you going to watch the two hour series finale on May 26th (The Nominations/The Tony's)?
absolutely. i have watched every episode so far so i got to see it throw the bitter end. i'm also hoping, ivy and "bombshell" crush that crap "hit list" and karen at the tony's.

hell, i'm probably going to watch the whole run of "do no harm" - that canceled nbc pilot from this year when it gets aired on saturdays or sundays during summer. i liked it. to bad noone else did.

man, i just now saw that the final is NOT this weekend. WTF ???!!! can't believe i have to wait another week for that. dryy
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/15/2013, 5:42 pm

ColdFlame96, did you watch an episode from season one or season two? Because season two is much better, at least, I think so. Smile

Tanita_Mors, they are airing the final two episodes May 26th, which is a Sunday...they are skipping this Saturday altogether. I think they are going for this special Sunday placement to mimic real award shows, which usually air on Sundays for some reason.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/15/2013, 6:08 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:ColdFlame96, did you watch an episode from season one or season two? Because season two is much better, at least, I think so. Smile

Tanita_Mors, they are airing the final two episodes May 26th, which is a Sunday...they are skipping this Saturday altogether. I think they are going for this special Sunday placement to mimic real award shows, which usually air on Sundays for some reason.

I have no idea. It came in after the finale for TNN.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/15/2013, 6:32 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:ColdFlame96, did you watch an episode from season one or season two? Because season two is much better, at least, I think so. Smile

I have no idea. It came in after the finale for TNN.

Hmmm. In that case, I have no idea what season that was!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/23/2013, 11:38 pm

anybody watching game of thrones? i am addicted to that show. now even bought the whole book series (author haven't finished writing yet) this is my new Harry Potter. It's definitely for adults mind you, as there are plenty of R-rated sex, violence, foul language and complex human relationships.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/24/2013, 10:30 am

^ I've only read the first book, and have yet to watch the TV series. Everyone I know who's ever watched Game of Thrones had said that it's good and highly recommended. Who's the actor who impressed you the most? I've heard good things about one who portrays Joffrey, the boy-king.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/24/2013, 11:48 am

Delight wrote:^ I've only read the first book, and have yet to watch the TV series. Everyone I know who's ever watched Game of Thrones had said that it's good and highly recommended. Who's the actor who impressed you the most? I've heard good things about one who portrays Joffrey, the boy-king.
i think he has managed to do him justice. i don't think i have even hated a character more, and i don't mean loved to hate, but just hate. out of every single person on the show he is by far the vilest of all, and that is telling something. the kid who plays he does excellent work.

i like Tyrion Lannister the best, but this season he has several adversaries for my affections - natalie dormer as margaery tyrell, lady dianna rigg and her kick as grandma, charles dance as tywin lannister and most of all i'm absoluty loving emile clarck as deanarys this season. it's just a stellar cast all around.

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/25/2013, 2:17 am

tanita_mors wrote:
Delight wrote:^ I've only read the first book, and have yet to watch the TV series. Everyone I know who's ever watched Game of Thrones had said that it's good and highly recommended. Who's the actor who impressed you the most? I've heard good things about one who portrays Joffrey, the boy-king.
i think he has managed to do him justice. i don't think i have even hated a character more, and i don't mean loved to hate, but just hate. out of every single person on the show he is by far the vilest of all, and that is telling something. the kid who plays he does excellent work.

I found Joffrey to be an absolutely detestable character with no redeeming features whatsover, and that's only from reading the first book (You have no idea how frustrated I became when Sansa didn't kill him when she had the chance). If the actor could actually convey or even enhance the character's detest-ability on screen, something tells me that my blood pressure would rise everytime I see him ooppss . That's a testament of good acting though.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next