Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 18 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 18 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  fantastica 5/12/2014, 2:50 am

Taling about a REALLY excellent show on Fox: Cosmos, a documentary about our physical world. a really eye and mind opening series. I can't believe Fox is running this program, because in its second episode its focused on evolution of our planet life. I mean, we all think Fox is an ultra conservative network. this program is written for lay people, for young people, and all those who are curious. it has excellent production value, and is rather entertaining. Lots of focus on history and discovery, rather than your usual textbook stuff. highly recommended, if you are not into science and nature at all.

those living in the US: it's shown on Fox on sundays at 9pm. you can go to fox's website to watch previous episodes.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 18 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/12/2014, 3:12 am

fantastica wrote:Taling about a REALLY excellent show on Fox: Cosmos, a documentary about our physical world. a really eye and mind opening series. I can't believe Fox is running this program, because in its second episode its focused on evolution of our planet life. I mean, we all think Fox is an ultra conservative network. this program is written for lay people, for young people, and all those who are curious. it has excellent production value, and is rather entertaining. Lots of focus on history and discovery, rather than your usual textbook stuff. highly recommended, if you are not into science and nature at all.

those living in the US: it's shown on Fox on sundays at 9pm. you can go to fox's website to watch previous episodes.

Will be checking it out.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/12/2014, 3:19 am

Does anyone here watch OUAT? I screamed at the end of tonights episode a couple times.

I feel so bad for Regina. She had returned to her pre-evil self and now she'll have hate for Emma. And the very last scene. OMG. Frozen has come to Storybrooke! How are the town people going to handle The Snow Queen?
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/12/2014, 4:15 am

TV is currently so great with standout performances.

Tatiana Masalany deserves all the awards for the last 5 minutes of Orphan Black from the last episode. She knocked it out of the park.

And now Peter Dinklage, who owned the last episode from GoT.

I love watching good shows and enjoying every single moment!

Also a TV recommendation: In The Flash by BBC. First season is only 3 episodes and now Season 2 airs, with 6 episodes.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/12/2014, 7:27 am

Lottie2303 wrote:TV is currently so great with standout performances.

Tatiana Masalany deserves all the awards for the last 5 minutes of Orphan Black from the last episode. She knocked it out of the park.

Also a TV recommendation: In The Flash by BBC. First season is only 3 episodes and now Season 2 airs, with 6 episodes.

Peter Dinklage was amazing during Tyrion's trial, and so was Tatiana Maslany at the end of OB. Such amazing acting!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/12/2014, 9:12 am

Lottie2303 wrote:TV is currently so great with standout performances.

Someones got a blog with all the episodes of In The Flesh. I just watched episode 1 a couple of hours ago.

I really liked it.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/12/2014, 9:33 am

^ It is so good, isn't it? And it even gets better. Also while not explicitly said yet THE MAIN CHARACTER IS A GAY ZOMBIE!!!  Reason enough to watch the show and support it  phr34r
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/12/2014, 10:02 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^ It is so good, isn't it? And it even gets better. Also while not explicitly said yet THE MAIN CHARACTER IS A GAY ZOMBIE!!!  Reason enough to watch the show and support it  phr34r

I can't wait to watch the rest.

I have the first season of Orange Is The New Black that I haven't watched yet.

And still catching up to new episodes of Orphan Black.

Siren is the ship at the moment Keiran/Simon.

Though I yet have to watch the rest.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/12/2014, 12:01 pm

i'm watching once. i don't know how to feel about elsa from frozen. i'm good for her to be a villain if she is the snow queen from the original tale, but if she is else from frozen, i'm not sure making her a villain is a good move. a misunderstand antagonist, like in frozen would work, but they really have to write it well.

as for emma, god, the charming just won't let regina have a happy ending. i mean come on. yet again, everyone got a happy ending, including the scum that is rumple *after what he did to belle and how he lied to her last episode) and yet regina gets shit. i know the writers have a hard on on angst and drama with her, but i hope she doesn't become evil again, that that outburst at emma was just anger and shock. i think she is past her vendetta, just you kind of want to say FU to everyone that keeps destrying your happyness.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/12/2014, 12:11 pm

fantastica wrote:Taling about a REALLY excellent show on Fox: Cosmos, a documentary about our physical world. a really eye and mind opening series. I can't believe Fox is running this program, because in its second episode its focused on evolution of our planet life. I mean, we all think Fox is an ultra conservative network. this program is written for lay people, for young people, and all those who are curious. it has excellent production value, and is rather entertaining. Lots of focus on history and discovery, rather than your usual textbook stuff. highly recommended, if you are not into science and nature at all.

i think i caught an episode on national geographic or our serbian fox here (not sure). i was really impressed with the visual representation. i'm definitely going to check it out from the start online.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/23/2014, 9:59 pm

i finally started watching Orphan black. it's really good! i couldn't watch it because it was only on Amazon Prime and I didn't want to give them more of my money. now my son gave me an old Roku box that has his amazon account still logged in, so i can finally watch it. only 3 episodes in, and very engaging. will watch more tomorrow.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/24/2014, 6:31 am

fantastica wrote:i finally started watching Orphan black. it's really good! i couldn't watch it because it was only on Amazon Prime and I didn't want to give them more of my money. now my son gave me an old Roku box that has his amazon account still logged in, so i can finally watch it. only 3 episodes in, and very engaging. will watch more tomorrow.

Yay!  Smile 

By the way, the season finale of Hannibal was mind blowing (I haven't read the books yet though, so I really have no idea what's going to happen or which characters are still around in Red Dragon).

The episode before that was really good too, I'm just struck by how creative this show is.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/24/2014, 8:46 am

the hannibal finale was MIND BLOWING !!!!!! and so bloody !!!!! the show is no longer following the books, maybe in the most broad sense where the story will end, but not in any other way. and maybe that is a good thing. i was complety surprised, and that doesn't happen often any longer.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/25/2014, 12:41 pm

i binge watched all the orphan black and am eagerly waiting for hte next installment. this show is so damn addictive.  if you haven't seen it, highly recommended!

i did notice that the gay brother has always been the nice, helpful, supportive, crisis-resolving "door mat" that everybody uses. does it sound famililar? the guy basically exists in the script to help everybody escape dangerous/embarassing situations and provide a bit comic relief from time to time. he has no life of his own it seems. does he even have a job? but i do like him. that's the only "eye roll" part about this show. otherwise excellent in every way.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/25/2014, 1:17 pm

Um, Felix is an artist but, er, he gets assistance with the rent from some generous men, shall we say? Ahem.

And, I would say that he is a supporting character in the true meaning of the word. I wouldn't call him a doormat.

Last edited by Georgette888 on 5/25/2014, 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/25/2014, 1:18 pm

^ oh yeah, i missed that part.  Razz  he's very charming to those generous men.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/25/2014, 2:20 pm

Erg, I must say Felix is more then just the gay, best friend. Jordan G. also got some very great scenes in S2 and in general is one of the stand-out characters. Also he questions Sarah so many times during the show.

As Georgette said, yes he is a supporting character of the show (all characters except the clones are), but he is not a doormat.

Sorry, big Felix lover here  tonguue 

BUT I am very happy you watched OB and you are loving it so far. It really is a remarkable show.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/25/2014, 2:35 pm

^ don't get me wrong. i like felix a lot (is that a name of a famous bw cat?), thus i hate to see people walking all over on him. i hope to see him wiping his dirty boots on other people's hair once.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/25/2014, 2:38 pm

Big Felix lover here too. OB is very different from Glee. Yes, Felix and Mrs S, Art and Cophine and others are supporting characters. They support the main characters the clones' stories, but none of them are shallowly drawn. They are fleshed out characters and their motivations, attitudes and actions make sense. If Glee had kept most characters as supporting, yes, even Santana and Kurt, I would have had no problem with that as long as the rest was also true. It just wasn't. Sigh.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/25/2014, 2:38 pm

gosh, i was wondering where i saw the actress who plays Mrs. S. so i googled: Vera Bates from Downton Abbey!!! clapping hands!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/25/2014, 3:34 pm

Also Stuart's sister in QAF UK if anyone has seen that.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/25/2014, 4:14 pm

Mrs S is is by far one of the most intriguing, complex and beautiful characters of the show and the actress is slaying it.

Felix has quite a few bigger moments in S2 and does not allow being treated as a doormat. I also love he is allowed to be a sexual being without any censorship, as so many homosexual couples are sanitized to "please" the "normal" audience.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/25/2014, 8:28 pm

^ well it's a canadian production, not your usual hollywood bs.  Smile 

talking about canadian productions, one of my fav is Anne of Green Gables. absolutely adore that series, even the sequals.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/26/2014, 6:28 am

Isn't Vikings also a Canadian production? Have not seen it yet, but I read raving reviews.

"In The Flesh" gets better and better with each episode. The seasons are also very short (3 and 6 episodes for the first two seasons), so it is easy to catch up. I really have to recommend it yet again, because it really deserves more recognition. The promo for next episode looks so intense... I am terrified  Shocked 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/26/2014, 12:21 pm

viking is no longer on netflix streaming.  :(  (or was it ever?)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next