Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here Empty TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  Shinra17 4/16/2012, 5:35 pm

If you have enough free time to watch other series or if you're watching other series in order to change your mind from the stupidity of Glee, you can discuss it here in length. (?)

Last edited by Shinra17 on 6/9/2012, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  fantastica 4/16/2012, 5:42 pm

and you also have time Shinra you can extract all these loose talk from the bistro threads to these newly formed specific threads.

and how about these threads:
- complaints or raving about your family members
- pet talk
- ghost and monsters and anything scary
- video games and other child's play
- let's talk dirty
- how to fix your car
- cooking and food
- make up and cosmetics
- the weather forecast
- how to start a business when you have no money
- how to make money w/o working.
- why-the-hell-do-we-need-all-these-threads discussion

tonguue moque

Last edited by fantastica on 4/16/2012, 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  brisallie 4/16/2012, 6:16 pm

fantastica wrote:and you also have time Shinra you can extract all these loose talk from the bistro threads to these newly formed specific threads.

- why-the-hell-do-we-need-all-these-threads discussion

tonguue

Actually that what I was going to ask : Why is there a thread for books, movies and series? I think they're gonna be together in the same thread unsure

Ok how this is the primetime series, currently I'm watching only comedies like BBT and The Middle and non english-dramas. Also I want to see Downton Abbey
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/16/2012, 6:20 pm

i don't watch much tv so downton abbey is the only one I saw recently. highly recommended - especially if you love period drama like Jane Austin's books... well this is NOT jane austin's books but I have a special thing for British or European period drama, so I love it.

ivana is gonna love this thread. she watches every single tv shows ever existed in the universe.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/16/2012, 6:32 pm

^

I love british or period dramas from any country because I think they were darker and more interesting than the current one. There were more secrets.

Sorry to ask this but Ivana has enough time to watch every series that is on tv now or has been?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/16/2012, 6:34 pm

brisallie wrote:Actually that what I was going to ask : Why is there a thread for books, movies and series? I think they're gonna be together in the same thread unsure
Like I've told Paulo, you can start any thread you want on any topic you like. It's depending on how you feel about it. If you only want to mention something, you can do it in the bistro thread, if you want to discuss it on the long run because it is one of your passion, you can start a new thread.
By this, I'm also meaning that I'm not going to collect back all the posts about HG Smile
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/16/2012, 6:43 pm

brisallie wrote:^

I love british or period dramas from any country because I think they were darker and more interesting than the current one. There were more secrets.

Sorry to ask this but Ivana has enough time to watch every series that is on tv now or has been?
actually I recently asked her that questions and apprently she does plus she also intense study schedule so either she is a super hero or she lives in an alternative universe w/ 56 hours a day. I hope it's the later.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/16/2012, 8:11 pm

or she has no personal life to speak off :(

Actually, I have hundreds of tv shows downloaded, and i download more every day, but I didn't watch them all. the thing is, i can watch more shows at the same time with out problems.

for example right now, i'm actively watching the current seasons of : glee, bones, castle, game of thrones, the mentalist, once upon a time, criminal minds, smash, gossip girl, the big bang theory (i'm about 10 episodes behind on this one).

now, i have many more shows at home that i still haven't watched at all or am few seasons behind, but know something or lot about, because i wouldn't have downloaded then otherwise.

if anyone wants to see my extensive tv/movie library : http://pastebin.com/fDYpqS3h

(yes, i have a catalog phr34r ).
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/16/2012, 8:29 pm

^

I should have waited for your reply.

I already saw your list and wow gurl is really long! I'm just in number 309 but I understand you have seen those movies because it only takes you an hour and a half to two hours but SERIES takes more longer!

Personally I also have my personal list of how many asian dramas I have seen tonguue
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/16/2012, 8:38 pm

I've watched maybe 50 % of that list - probably more shows the movies. I guess I'm a hoarder when it comes to these things and frankly, I'm kind of glad I download all those tv shows given the situation with file-sharing sites. can you imagine looking for new uploads now ?

and i usually wait for the whole season or show to air before i download and burn i on a dvd. i don't have a lot of space on my 40 gb hard disc out of which 25-30 gb is filled with windows and programs at all time.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/16/2012, 8:52 pm

tanita_mors wrote:I've watched maybe 50 % of that list - probably more shows the movies. I guess I'm a hoarder when it comes to these things and frankly, I'm kind of glad I download all those tv shows given the situation with file-sharing sites. can you imagine looking for new uploads now ?

and i usually wait for the whole season or show to air before i download and burn i on a dvd. i don't have a lot of space on my 40 gb hard disc out of which 25-30 gb is filled with windows and programs at all time.

Before I read your second paragraph I thought how the hell you're saving up all of those series, I even imagine you have a super computer/laptop of latest generation blinkk but then I understand how you do it tonguue So you are more into series than movies?

And please don't remember the current situation of downloading sites :( because it was hard for me to recover it from megaupload death, though I have found good replacements and I learned how to put subs in a movie, previously I had to wait for the movie with the subs already included but today that's difficult to find.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/16/2012, 9:14 pm

I love movies just as much, but there is much less tv shows on that list - maybe about 2500 movies opposed 200 tv shows (i don't know the ratio and it's not really important) and generally once i start watching a series, i watch it till the end or as much as i have downloaded. it's all about my mood. it comes to me 6 months or sth. like that after a download "man, i really want to watch that movie or series right now".

you know, about half of that list was bought over time, not downloaded by me. i got adsl only about 3 years ago and about that time stopped buying done disc and buying empty dvd's that i filled later. organized piracy is still huge in Serbia (and it's hard to stop given that we aren't the source of the pirated material but USA, Russia, Far Eastern Countries), and buying movies and show is relatively easy and cheep (between 1-2 euros per disc, depending on what you are buying - new movies, 6 movie compilations, tv shows, dvd or dvix,... )

as for file sharing sites, i was using wupload heavily but that got killed to, so now i'm using JUMBOFILES when available. with free registration you have download without waiting and no download limits - for either speed, time or paralel downloads.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/16/2012, 9:17 pm

wow, a 40gb hard drive are so tiny these days are hard to buy now. My laptop has a 500bg and it's almost 90% filled.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/16/2012, 9:27 pm

my pc is probably 12-15 years old. pentium 3, that has been modified. i bought it from a neighbor. it's not the size of the hard disc that's the biggest problem (although it's irritating) but my processor is snale-like slow these days.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/16/2012, 9:28 pm

you must have trouble going on GF now. When I went there sometimes my laptop slowed so much. I had to disable javascript but then I couldn't post or read spoiler tags.

btw, just a reminder that we are still waiting for your fabulous kurt outfits collection from the last episode. fanny2
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/16/2012, 9:59 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
brisallie wrote:Actually that what I was going to ask : Why is there a thread for books, movies and series? I think they're gonna be together in the same thread unsure
Like I've told Paulo, you can start any thread you want on any topic you like. It's depending on how you feel about it. If you only want to mention something, you can do it in the bistro thread, if you want to discuss it on the long run because it is one of your passion, you can start a new thread.
By this, I'm also meaning that I'm not going to collect back all the posts about HG Smile

Oh! Hm. I confess I didn't see the bistro thread. If I had, probably i wouldn't have dared suggest a new thread for other stuff that might seem random. I'm new here. I don't want to be bothersome for other community members, and I know I can't keep alive three threads by myself. :( So, honestly, whatever the forum members prefer. neutre
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/17/2012, 6:37 am

fantastica wrote:you must have trouble going on GF now. When I went there sometimes my laptop slowed so much. I had to disable javascript but then I couldn't post or read spoiler tags.

btw, just a reminder that we are still waiting for your fabulous kurt outfits collection from the last episode. fanny2

Unfortunately, so am I. :( The two sites I get the HQ screencaps for my composites haven't uploaded caps for 3x15. If anyone here knows a good HQ screencaps site for me, link it please because "home of the nutty" and "glee fan pop" are not delivering.

And yes, the new Glee Forum is killing me. I have to wait several minutes for each page to load. Torture. One of the reasons I don't frequent it so much any more.

God forbid my anti virus program starts updating (which it does 2-3 times a day) - whatever I was doing or whatever was loading just stops for 5 minutes. Can't tell you how infuriating that is when you are in the middle of writing or posting a comment.

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/17/2012, 11:43 am

paulopf wrote:Oh! Hm. I confess I didn't see the bistro thread. If I had, probably i wouldn't have dared suggest a new thread for other stuff that might seem random. I'm new here. I don't want to be bothersome for other community members, and I know I can't keep alive three threads by myself. :( So, honestly, whatever the forum members prefer. neutre
You don't need to keep theses threads constantly alive, nor you have to do it by yourself. I've created them for the long run, for you, for all the present members and the future members. A big part of the present members here are from a thread on the gleeforum and are used to talk about everything in the same thread. It's not the point of a thread, to be fed on a regular basis and it's not a problem if it remains inactive for a while. On the other hand, it's a problem if you are posting about the last novel you have read and someone else is talking about his last dinner at the same time in the same thread and your discussion is lost because of the amount of comments about food and digestion.
These situations are manageable when there are few members but now with the relative growth of the board (and hopefully a bigger growth to come), I think the set-up of these new threads should be beneficial to the community and anyway, it can't harm. In no case, you have been bothersome and I think that if all the discussion about the HG had started in a new thread, it would have had more follow-up by now.

tanita_mors wrote:God forbid my anti virus program starts updating (which it does 2-3 times a day) - whatever I was doing or whatever was loading just stops for 5 minutes. Can't tell you how infuriating that is when you are in the middle of writing or posting a comment.
Disable the auto-update and put it on manual mode, then launch the update once a day at a moment you're not busy with the PC Wink
I'm screencapping every episode of Glee (Kurt only) so if you want... the only thing is that i'm not trying to get every outfit he wears, in some scene, he's like 3 seconds on screen in the background, completely blurred so I don't make screencaps. But from now on, I can do it though.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/17/2012, 3:07 pm

You didn't like season 4 ? I'm a big fan of it actually. If I had to rank Dexter seasons it would be like this :

1. Season 2 - just perfect on every level - one of the best seasons of tv in general IMO
2. Season 4 & 1 - it's tied, I just can't chose
3. Season 6 - I hate the over all theme pf religion and the season baddies were probably the weakest yet, and yet there were storylines I liked, that were inspiring and interesting
4. Season 5 - I don't like Julia Stiles, she seamed complete misscasted to me, but an OK season at best
5. Season 3 - probably the weakest seasons over all in everything and suffered from the worst crime any show can commit - it was boring as hell.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/17/2012, 3:11 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
Disable the auto-update and put it on manual mode, then launch the update once a day at a moment you're not busy with the PC Wink
I'm screencapping every episode of Glee (Kurt only) so if you want... the only thing is that i'm not trying to get every outfit he wears, in some scene, he's like 3 seconds on screen in the background, completely blurred so I don't make screencaps. But from now on, I can do it though.
Thanks about the auto update - I've done it already.

It would be great if you can screepcap it for me. Those two sites still haven't updated anything. I like to have 2-3 caps of each outfit - up close of the upper part and if possible the whole thing from afar. But, you've seen my work. Similar to that will be fine.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/18/2012, 9:28 am

tanita_mors wrote:It would be great if you can screepcap it for me. Those two sites still haven't updated anything. I like to have 2-3 caps of each outfit - up close of the upper part and if possible the whole thing from afar. But, you've seen my work. Similar to that will be fine.
Spoiler:
Since until now, I didn't screencap for the outfits (and I've already deleted the episode last week T_T), it misses one outfit from afar.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/18/2012, 9:37 am

Thanks. bisou I'll wait a day or two to see if my usual uploads work, if not, I'm gonna uses these.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/18/2012, 10:41 am

I just got word that the caps for 3x15 and 3x16 should be up tomorrow on Home of the Nutty so, the composite will be out by Friday latest. If they don't come out, I'm using caps that Shinra17 so kindly made for me.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/27/2012, 9:03 am

I've copy and pasted this from the episode discussion thread because it's more suitably discussed here.

arina wrote:
Delight wrote:
arina wrote:I voted for Kurt but Robin as a Barney's bride made me mad as well.

I haven't watched 'How I Met Your Mother' for a while now. Why is Barney and Robin getting married a bad thing? I thought those two are okay together as a couple (though they have tried and failed once at hooking up with each other) ooppss

I don't read HIMYM discussion so I don't know what's general opinion about this show but I think the quality went terrible down. I was obsessed with the first three seasons, season 4 was really good too, but seasons 5, 6 and 7 sucked. It's like it was written by someone else than previous seansons, stupid humor, the character became just caricatures of themselves. I used to really want Barney and Robin together (well I wanted the most Ted and Robin together, but I know she can't be the mother), but the show made me didn't care about this ship anymore. One week they love each other, three weeks they love someone else, then they suddently love each other again... Barney god new girlfriend Quinn in this season, he seemed really in love with her, I started kind of rooting for them, he asked her to marry him, and then there was a scene from the wedding where was shown that his bride is going to be Robin and I am really over that relationship. Sorry for off topic.

Season 4 is roughly where I stopped watching HIMYM. I kinda stopped downloading the episodes not because I had found them less funny, but because my interest dwindled and died (This happens to most TV series I watch nowadays, I tend to stop after watching one season). Seeing how you've described the later episodes as really poor ones, I'm even less inclined to watch them now.

Hmm... to be honest, I've always found Robin to be the blandest character out of the cast of 5 who doesn't quite gel with the rest of the group.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/27/2012, 2:35 pm

arina wrote:I voted for Kurt but Robin as a Barney's bride made me mad as well.

Moving what I wrote in bistro to here:

I know it is. But since the beginning it wasn't obvious that Robin was going to marry either with Barney or Ted?.

Personally I'd rather Barney over Robin, the only thing I liked about her was her past as a teen idol star, her videos used to be funny Razz But is been a while since I stop watching this show.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next