Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  valkeakuulas 6/20/2013, 6:19 pm

Silence of the Lambs is not that scary when you compare it to the modern shock horror, but that one of him escaping is scary, slow building horror not the shocker type.

Right now its good to talk about horror as the The Ruins is on TV here right now. I started watching because of Jena Malone and Jonathan Tucker but my horror film terror is kicking in. That is why I haven't been able to look American Horror Story either. I'd like to watch horror simply because they give you physical reactions but the fact that they creep into dreams is not fun.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  glimmerle 6/23/2013, 11:37 am

tanita_mors wrote:i don't know if there are any arrested development fans on this forum or just people who have seen the show. but remember how much rib was harping that season 4 of glee was going to be soooo "revolutionary". well, if they want to see revolutionary, they should take a look at season 4 of arrested. i can say 100 % that this was the most brilliant season of television i have ever seen. (...)
I like AD a lot, but didn't get around to watching the current season yet. The concept of giving each character an episode of its own that always covers the same timeframe sounds very interesting and I'm really looking forward to it.

Delight wrote:I find Season 2 of Downton Abbey to be a low point for the series; and to be honest I skipped most of it because of how soap opera-ish it became. Season 1 is fantastic, and Season 3 is definitely better than 2.
Good to know, thanks! Then I'll just skip the remaining season 2 as well, and give it another try with season 3. neutre

tanita_mors wrote:i think hannibal is brilliant. both from a visual point of view and the acting one. (...)
Hannibal is my favorite new show this season! I only gave it a try because I knew Mads Mikkelsen would be a part of it, but kept watching for the overall appeal: It's generally well-written and acted, has great cinematography and an excellent music-selection/score (Brian Reitzell, the man behind the soundtracks of Sofia Coppola's Lost In Translation and Marie Antoinette, is Hannibal's music supervisor). I absolutely LOVED this week's season finale! Hopefully Chris will be part of such a well-made show one day.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/24/2013, 9:30 am

glimmerle wrote:

Delight wrote:I find Season 2 of Downton Abbey to be a low point for the series; and to be honest I skipped most of it because of how soap opera-ish it became. Season 1 is fantastic, and Season 3 is definitely better than 2.
Good to know, thanks! Then I'll just skip the remaining season 2 as well, and give it another try with season 3. neutre

There were a few things in Season 2 that I didn't quite like, and they mainly fall under 2 categories:

'This doesn't make sense'- Lord Grantham's almost-affair with a maid, Edith's almost-affair with a farmer
'This is dragging on for too long'- Bates and Anna's love woes thanks to his vindictive wife, Mary and Matthew's love woes thanks to their being engaged to different people

In season 3, the relationships are more settled, so the drama can come out of something other than relationship problems.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/24/2013, 9:34 am

For those Game of Thrones fans who has finished watching season 3 and wants a laugh...

(The humour in this situation comes from seeing how horrified and emotionally scarred reviewers can become after watching the infamous 'Red Wedding' scene phr34r)

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/26/2013, 3:39 am

After participating in a Kurt-Teen Wolf-I never watched it but the show looks awesome on Tumblr, I dipped into the deep end and watched the first episodes. Anyone wants to talk a bit about it? New shows are always such an exciting time.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/26/2013, 8:14 am

i'm watching teen wolf. it's an ok show, given the fact that it's made my mtv. you got some hot man flesh for those who like it, your bromance and slash paring. i feel that the 3rd season is kind of slow, but given that it's been expanded to 24 episodes instead of 12, may be the reason. the guy who plays scott, reminds me of darren criss. the acting is all over the place with dylan o'brien and holand roden being the best of the younger actors. i was irritated by colton haynes so i'm glad he is gone. the guy played such a duchbang and not even a "magnificent bastard" kind, but just plane old arrogant sleazeball. my favorite is peter hale, derek's sociopathical uncle. now there is a "magnificent bastard" you love to hate or just adore.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/26/2013, 8:48 am

My thoughts so far are:

- The first few episodes are slow, but in the middle of S1 it seems to pick up.

- The actor of Scott is the weakest link. Totally agreed... Why are the leads always the weakes actors??!

- I like all actors actually look like teenager and the couples act like hormonal teenager as well. .

- The CGI is horrendous! .

- I really, really love Dylan/Stiles. Kid has talent and should act opposite of Chris one day.

- I am still a bit uncertain about Derek Hale, but Jesus, that actor has abs. Normally not my type at all, but he looking really good. .

- Scott and Allison receive far too much time. I really am not the romance-kind-of-girl..

- Considering this is MTV, I’d actually say it is a very good show.

Overall, I think it is a nice, supernatural themed show. I will most certainly continue to watch and I am curious what happens next. I just won’t expect any groundbreaking television and I think I will be happily served.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/27/2013, 11:16 am

I also find the actor who plays Scott, and the character Scott, to be the weakest link. It is frustrating to watch a show with a main lead character (thereby guaranteeing the character the majority of screentime and storylines) just isn't particularly charismatic or interesting to watch.

The mystery/suspense/horror aspect of Teen Wolf is quite interesting. The CGI and fighting scenes leave a lot to be desired.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/28/2013, 8:15 am

Random, I-don’t-even-know-why-I-remember-this-information but I read years ago that the actor of Scott was actually the runner-up for Jacob in Twilight. As Scott also has a lot of physical similarities to Jacob and MTV heavily targeted the show towards the Twilight audience, I presume that is the reason he got cast. I am happy they actually didn’t chose the typical white male (as that is still unusual), but how hard is it to find good actors? I always wonder how many actors get cast with zero talent. Funnily, so many times it is the secondary cast that is shinning.

I start to dislike Scott and Allison’s relationship a lot. They have zero chemistry. Overall, those two characters I like the least.

Also I got to the pool scene and start to see the Sterek appeal. That was intense.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/18/2013, 8:15 pm

Please forgive me if I don't remember well who recommended Orphan Black, but whoever it was, thanks Smile

I watched episode one, and I'm so intrigued by what's coming and what's going with Sarah, Beth and all the people behind this supposedly twin sisters. Is been a while since I watched a series that caught me since the first episode.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/18/2013, 8:23 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:My thoughts so far are:

- The first few episodes are slow, but in the middle of S1 it seems to pick up.

- The actor of Scott is the weakest link. Totally agreed... Why are the leads always the weakes actors??!

- I like all actors actually look like teenager and the couples act like hormonal teenager as well. .

- The CGI is horrendous! .

- I really, really love Dylan/Stiles. Kid has talent and should act opposite of Chris one day.

- I am still a bit uncertain about Derek Hale, but Jesus, that actor has abs. Normally not my type at all, but he looking really good. .

- Scott and Allison receive far too much time. I really am not the romance-kind-of-girl..

- Considering this is MTV, I’d actually say it is a very good show.

Overall, I think it is a nice, supernatural themed show. I will most certainly continue to watch and I am curious what happens next. I just won’t expect any groundbreaking television and I think I will be happily served.
I'm taking it nice and slow so I only just finished episode 5. Allison and Scott get way too much damn screentime. We get it. You want to bone each other. Get it the fuck over with and move on already. Allison's too perfect so she kind of irritates me. I like her dad and Kate though. Stiles is so adorable and I love Dylan. I actually really love Lydia even though she's kind of a bitch. Derek reminds me of those horror movie stalkers.i would pay to watch him run around shirtless for an hour though.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/19/2013, 7:50 am

next to my regular summer viewing which includes : dexter, true blood, rizzoli & isles, teen wolf and the last few episodes of shows that were ending at the begining of summer, i managed to watch in their entirety (or how many seasons they have so far) : farscape (my new fave sf show with aliens, battlestar being without them), pretty little liars (i'm up to date with the show now), finally finished "chuck" (they so need to make a tv movie for that one or a mini series), scandal, and i have now started watching "eureka".
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/19/2013, 2:08 pm

tanita_mors wrote:next to my regular summer viewing which includes : dexter, true blood, rizzoli & isles, teen wolf and the last few episodes of shows that were ending at the begining of summer, i managed to watch in their entirety (or how many seasons they have so far) : farscape (my new fave sf show with aliens, battlestar being without them), pretty little liars (i'm up to date with the show now), finally finished "chuck" (they so need to make a tv movie for that one or a mini series), scandal, and i have now started watching "eureka".
Eureka is a really cool show! I approve!
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/19/2013, 2:49 pm

Everyone who likes suspense and cop shows and something different should check out BBC's Luther. It's a gritty police series where the lead cop might not be for everyones taste. Short series as UK seasons tend to be, so if your stomach can handle the rough scenes then you can just plow through them. If not for anything, then for Idris Elba's charming charisma
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/19/2013, 3:55 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Everyone who likes suspense and cop shows and something different should check out BBC's Luther. It's a gritty police series where the lead cop might not be for everyones taste. Short series as UK seasons tend to be, so if your stomach can handle the rough scenes then you can just plow through them. If not for anything, then for Idris Elba's charming charisma

banzai  Yup, Luther is amazing!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/24/2013, 7:09 pm

Don't judge but I finally watched "North and South" the British mini series from 2004.

Oh my goodness Richard Armitage....wub 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/24/2013, 7:15 pm

God, I love that series. The scene where he walks through the mill with the cotton flying and the VO about hell being white? So powerful but also... on a shallow note? So fucking HOT.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/24/2013, 8:12 pm

Georgette888 wrote:God, I love that series. The scene where he walks through the mill with the cotton flying and the VO about hell being white? So powerful but also... on a shallow note? So fucking HOT.
Plus at the end of the third episode when Richard wants her so badly to turn around when she's leaving and she doesn't. It was so heartbreaking.

I wanted to scream at her, "His heart is breaking just turn around and give him a glance you !@#### idiot.!"

But I'm good now.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/24/2013, 8:26 pm

And the kiss at the end? More sensual and hot than half the sex scenes in films. lol
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/24/2013, 8:31 pm

Georgette888 wrote:And the kiss at the end? More sensual and hot than half the sex scenes in films. lol
Sigh...isn't that the truth??

and then Richard became the sexist dwarf EVER in "The hobbit".

He's so pretty.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/28/2013, 1:13 pm

Amber Riley Reportedly Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Cast!

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2013/08/28/amber-riley-reportedly-joins-dancing-with-the-stars-cast/

Amber Riley Reportedly Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Cast!

It looks like Amber Riley may be putting on her dancing shoes soon!

According to a source for Wetpaint.com, the 27-year-old Glee actress is joining the upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars.

“HUGE announcement next week hehehehehe! Can’t wait to share y’all,” she posted on her Instagram today.

The official cast announcement is set to be made on Good Morning America on Wednesday, Sept. 4. We can’t wait to find out if the news is true!

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Amber possibly joining the DWTS cast?

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/28/2013, 1:34 pm

isn't doing DWTS sort of a "has-been's" move ?
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/28/2013, 1:50 pm

tanita_mors wrote:isn't doing DWTS sort of a "has-been's" move ?
For the most part, but they do have relevant celebs /people here and there.

Still a little surprised Amber would do it at this pont in her career.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/28/2013, 2:15 pm

I am actually mad for her. She is working this ages on her album and for whatever reason it doesn't get released (I still stand firm with my conspiracy theory that Lea receives special treatment) and now she needs to participate in such show. I feel sad. But it it quite a telling what will most likely happen to 90% of the cast.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/28/2013, 2:22 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I am actually mad for her. She is working this ages on her album and for whatever reason it doesn't get released (I still stand firm with my conspiracy theory that Lea receives special treatment) and now she needs to participate in such show. I feel sad. But it it quite a telling what will most likely happen to 90% of the cast.
I think we all thought her album would be released by now.  

It has to be so frustrating for Amber.

TBH, I think it's going to be very difficult for any the Glee actors to make an impact in the recording industry.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next