Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies reviews by yourself

+19
ColdFlame96
ChrisColferFan1
ColferGirl
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Ireth
Jellyrolls
BlueJazz
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
Emile
Delight
Sani
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
paulopf
Shinra17
23 posters

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Movies reviews by yourself - Page 7 Empty Re: Movies reviews by yourself

Post  fantastica 7/2/2012, 8:46 pm

that's HP6 - deathly hallow part 1. I just saw it last night. have't watched the second part yet.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/2/2012, 8:49 pm

fantastica wrote:that's HP6 - deathly hallow part 1. I just saw it last night. have't watched the second part yet.

Nope it's HP7 Deathly Hallow part 1. HP 6 was Half Blood Prince. Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/3/2012, 9:12 am

Yeah Kim, shame on you. There are 8 HP films. The last book, Deathly Hollows is divided into two, and Part 2 in 10 times better IMO. Part 1 is boring as hell.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 7/3/2012, 12:52 pm

Guys, don't be so hard on Kim. Maybe she didn't know much about HP because she was too busy obsessing with cats tonguue I don't find HP 7 extremely boring but HP 8 is definitely better than it. I think my favorite HP movie will be either HP1 or HP4.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/3/2012, 1:09 pm

i miss counted. no big deal.

upon rewatching I think DH2 is a definitely much better than DH1. DH1 is too boring and slow.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/3/2012, 1:10 pm

BlueJazz, don't be nice to Kim. Picking on Kim is a great hobby around here Wink

Just kidding, Kim (or am I, hehe).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/3/2012, 1:12 pm

Like Kurt I have tough skin. nobody can pick on me.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/5/2012, 7:12 am

I watched The Amazing Spiderman yesterday, and I really enjoyed it.

I was a big fan of the original three movies, and really liked Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker, so I didn't know how I would find this one. But I was happily surprised. This one feels darker, and I think it's mainly to do with how Peter is portrayed. He's kind of cockier and less sweet, and more prone to anger. I liked the old one more, but Andrew Garfield portrays him well. But I by far prefer Gwen Stacy in this movie to Mary Jane in the previous ones, because she's, well, smarter, nicer, braver and not the continual damsel in distress that MJ was. And Lizard was an interesting villain, but not so much an interesting character. The special effects were nice though, because even in 2D, the swinging around appears somewhat from Spiderman's perspective. And I liked how they introduced a back story.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/5/2012, 7:27 am

^ This is one of the movies I'm planning to watch soon. This, and 'The Dark Knight Rises'.

I find Tobey Maguire to be good in the first Spiderman movie, but his character later became too emo to fit the comic's version in the later movies.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/5/2012, 7:44 am

Delight wrote:^ This is one of the movies I'm planning to watch soon. This, and 'The Dark Knight Rises'.

I find Tobey Maguire to be good in the first Spiderman movie, but his character later became too emo to fit the comic's version in the later movies.

I thought he was quite similar to the comics in the second one too. It was the third one that he deviated in. Or maybe I'm not remembering correctly. unsure

I want to watch The Dark Knight Rises too...
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/5/2012, 7:58 am

I started watching an CAM quality version of Prometheus the other day (no time to go to the cinema) but had to stop half way throw because the quality was that bad and apparently parts in the begging and middle were missing. So far, not a lot of connections to the original Alien movie or the sequels and the AvsP movies. Not bad, love Fassbinder as the android (also if anyone ever made a biopic that has Laurence Olivier in it, Fassbinder MUST play him - it's uncanny how well he does him). I expected a bit more badass from Noomi Rapace, but maybe in the other half of the movie. It reminds me of Aliens directed by James Cameron - which is unfortunately my least favorite Alien movie.

I also can't wait to see Amazing Spiderman (all the CAM versions online are in russian or hindu) and the new Batman. I'll probably watch those 2 in cinemas because Spiderman is coming here next week I think. Also, when I find good copies - Brave, Rock of Ages, Magic Mike, ....

And I just saw that Ice Age 4 still hasn't had it's US premier, while it's been showing here for a few weeks now. Weird. blinkk
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/5/2012, 8:26 am

tanita_mors wrote:I started watching an CAM quality version of Prometheus the other day (no time to go to the cinema) but had to stop half way throw because the quality was that bad and apparently parts in the begging and middle were missing. So far, not a lot of connections to the original Alien movie or the sequels and the AvsP movies. Not bad, love Fassbinder as the android (also if anyone ever made a biopic that has Laurence Olivier in it, Fassbinder MUST play him - it's uncanny how well he does him). I expected a bit more badass from Noomi Rapace, but maybe in the other half of the movie. It reminds me of Aliens directed by James Cameron - which is unfortunately my least favorite Alien movie.

Hmmm, I still can't decide whether to watch it or not, everyone so far has told me it's mediocre...But Michael Fassbender as the android sounds very tempting to watch.

I also can't wait to see Amazing Spiderman (all the CAM versions online are in russian or hindu) and the new Batman. I'll probably watch those 2 in cinemas because Spiderman is coming here next week I think. Also, when I find good copies - Brave, Rock of Ages, Magic Mike, ....

And I just saw that Ice Age 4 still hasn't had it's US premier, while it's been showing here for a few weeks now. Weird. blinkk

That's interesting. And it's Hindi, not Hindu Smile.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/9/2012, 4:05 am

I saw The Amazing Spider Man on Saturday and I loved it.

Seeing it in IMAX made it even better.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 7/9/2012, 5:20 pm

^I enjoyed The Amazing Spiderman as well. I think it was super fun and the fights sequences were awesome. I'm tired of the love trope about the "loser" who manages to "win" the super hot and super successful love interest, who deep down are sensitive and oh so different, and a nice "loser" themselves.

I also watched Battle Royale yesterday. It might be cheesy in a lot of senses and of course didn't have the budget and promotional paraphernalia that Hunger Games had, but it definitely made me experience, with double effectivity the actual brutality and the cruelty behind the games. It also made me question if all those recruited for the game were actually innocent victims and what part of responsibility they had for the situation to become what it was.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/12/2012, 2:18 pm

Finally saw the Amazing Spiderman today. It was a great movie. Completly different to the first part of the Spiderman trilogy. Frankly, I though it was a better origin-movie. Yes, it had less stants (that is, less flashier stants) but the movie wasn't lacking because of it.

Garfield was brilliant as this Spiderman. A rebellious teen, the right amount of angst and carelessness. And while I found Tobey to be a real nerd, I find Garfield incredibly cute and attractive. I didn't get him as a loser, but just not a super popular guy. Him and Emma Stone have fantastic chemistry on screen. A real bulls-eye hit with that casting. The two of them on her balcony after the awkward family dinner or in the hallway a bit before was golden. I didn't particularly like the fact that she finds out (as well as her dad - but given what happens to him I'll let it go).

While I like Rhys Ifans and his character, I found the Lizard a rather weak opponent for Spidy, kind of like Sandman in Spiderman 3. He isn't all that memorable. Something tells me that the owner of Oscorp will be the villain of the sequel (if there is one).

I loved Micheal Sheen as uncle Ben, but I'm not felling Sally Field as aunt May.

All in all, I really enjoyed myself.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/20/2012, 4:03 pm

Last night I saw a korean movie called I'M A CYBORG BUT THAT'S OK , which is precisely about a woman who believes is a cyborg so she ended up in an asylum due to this. Personally this movie is kinda weird and at the beginning I felt lost but through the scenes I was discovering why she believed she born as a cyborg, besides the others patients are as crazy and interesting as the female lead. I'd say is a romantic movie developed inside an asylum which it put a smile on my face and sigh too. But is also about the connection this girl had with her grandmom.

Here is the trailer:

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/20/2012, 9:31 pm

One of the very memorable Korean movie is Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring. The movie is very slow but the cinematography and the scenery are simply breath taking. I would LOOOOOVE to live in that location, even if I have to shave my head (hopefully not).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/21/2012, 4:42 am

Talking about Korean movies, I think it was Korean, does anyone here remember/know a movie from the late 90's which ends in a powerful scene where a woman sits on a park bench and cries for the last ten minutes of the movie. It was a quite traditional love triangle tragedy, and I think the woman ended up breaking up with both of them. I would love to watch that one again, all the crying I also did at the end.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/21/2012, 2:26 pm

I remember a korean movie in which the girl stick a fish hook into her virgina, and hte guy put hte fish hook down his throat... the sceneary is again breath taking and again a boat-house floating on a gorgious lake... i watched it in korean so I don't know the name or hte dialogue but the movie is mostly done in silence. it's paintful to watch, regardless of the beautiful scenery.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/21/2012, 2:33 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Talking about Korean movies, I think it was Korean, does anyone here remember/know a movie from the late 90's which ends in a powerful scene where a woman sits on a park bench and cries for the last ten minutes of the movie. It was a quite traditional love triangle tragedy, and I think the woman ended up breaking up with both of them. I would love to watch that one again, all the crying I also did at the end.

Nope. Probably I've never seen it but what else do you remember?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/22/2012, 5:02 pm

brisallie wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:Talking about Korean movies, I think it was Korean, does anyone here remember/know a movie from the late 90's which ends in a powerful scene where a woman sits on a park bench and cries for the last ten minutes of the movie. It was a quite traditional love triangle tragedy, and I think the woman ended up breaking up with both of them. I would love to watch that one again, all the crying I also did at the end.

I have a terrible memory and now that I'm trying to remember it might have been a Japanese movie after all. Embarassed But it was definately a triangle story but I do not remember if it was the: he loves him - he loves her - she loves him kind of triangle.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/25/2012, 2:52 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
brisallie wrote:

I have a terrible memory and now that I'm trying to remember it might have been a Japanese movie after all. Embarassed But it was definately a triangle story but I do not remember if it was the: he loves him - he loves her - she loves him kind of triangle.

Spent an awful amount of time with the google and IMDB but I found it. It was a Taiwanese film from 1994 called Ai qing wan sui http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109066/ It was not excatly the type of triangle story that I remembered. I have to continue my digging if I can still find it from somewhere.

Just came home from seeing the new Dark Knight and boy was that movie long, nearly three hours, but not once did I look at my watch. It was an excellent end for the Nolan Batman trilogy. I fell in love again and always will with Gordon-Levitt and Hathaway. Although Gordon-Levitts last scenes with the kids were reminding a little bit too much of the pan piper story. (Or maybe I'm stuck in a fairy tale world!)

Spoiler:
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/25/2012, 5:01 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing the Dark Knight Rises in a few days. I just finished re watching Batman Begins and I hope to watch the Dark Night either tonight or tomorrow. I like to be reminded what happened before given that I saw the movies when they came out and not since.
Spoiler:
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/7/2012, 11:06 am

Finally saw the Dark Knight Rises today. And I have read a lot of mixed and even negative reviews, but after those almost 3 hours I can say that that was my favorite part of the trilogy, hands down. The ending in particular was fulfilling to the extreme -
Spoiler:
I was rather presently surprised by Anne Hathaway's Catwoman. She is a completely different entity compered to Batman 2 and I liked her a lot. Kudos to her - she truly impressed me,. Bane was an interesting and effective villain, maybe not as charismatic as Joker, but definatly good. Only thing that bothered me was that he sounded like Sean Connery, which I found incredibly weird and couldn't connect to Tom Hardy who played him. JGL was very good as well. All in all, a great ending to a trilogy.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 8/18/2012, 6:40 am

After watching Dark Knight Rises yesterday, I'm impressed by two things:

- Anne Hathaway in a skintight catsuit
- Blake, and the actor who portrayed him

I find the actor who played Blake quite good, in the sense that he's subtle and natural-- which is similar to Chris's acting in some ways.

Despite the movie's main star being Bruce Wayne/Batman, I find that the supporting characters are all quite strong, interesting and sympathetic in their own right, to the extent that the main star got overshadowed a bit.

Spoiler:
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next