Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

+33
mellama
Heyerchick
ChrisColferFan1
BlueJazz
Catt24
Ireth
CCfan93
Buenos
kac
red texta
sahhar
E-ko
arina
Jellyrolls
Porcelainbyfire
M&M
ColferGirl
Vir Cotto
paulopf
Divalicious
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
brisallie
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Ces
ColferInspired
Emile
Shinra17
Delight
fantastica
Dame Loli
dap1217
37 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 31 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

Post  Buenos 5/9/2012, 1:46 pm

Rachel in "Born this way" contemplates and even goes to a plastic surgeon to get her nose fixed and drags Quinn along as the template for what she wants to look like post surgery. Quinn is like this blonde princess image that RAchel always feels second best to.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 31 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

Post  valkeakuulas 5/9/2012, 1:54 pm

Buenos wrote:Rachel in "Born this way" contemplates and even goes to a plastic surgeon to get her nose fixed and drags Quinn along as the template for what she wants to look like post surgery. Quinn is like this blonde princess image that RAchel always feels second best to.

I guess Rachel's choke regressed her back to that Season 2 uncertain hobbit girl. Is it wrong to call her that? That's why in some alternate Glee universe Blaine and Rachel would make a perfect couple.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/9/2012, 9:55 pm

So many tweets from the Glee cast and crew. I was tempted to respond to some of them, but I behaved.

I so want to respond: Now, maybe they could find some good writers.

Look at some of the response to him:

I so want to respond to Figgy: Can you let us know when Glee actually finds some good writers?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/9/2012, 10:06 pm

well, on this show, actors (at least some of them) >>>>>>>> all the writers!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/10/2012, 6:44 am

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to share this, but this makes me really upset and if I post it may be I will feel better. it's about the double standard between the gay and straight couples on the show. It's so unfair. Finn and Rachel kissed 3 times in the last episode, Mike and Tina kissed, even some of the extras did. How many times Kurt and Blaine or Santana and Brittany kissed. I don't remember...Oh yes ZERO.
I guess this is bothering me because i love Kurt very much and I want him to be free to express his feelings like the other characters on the show. Then I think about Chris Colfer and the fact that may be he has the same problems in his personal life.
OK i will stop complaining and just share this post i found on Tumbl.

"Why is Blaine a Junior?
Because the Fox Network made it so.
At this point, it’s clear the Fox Network is the culprit when it comes to the blatant double standard between depictions of heterosexual and homosexual affection.
The writers and even the editors seem to be trying to message to the audience that it’s not their fault, this isn’t their doing.
Recall, Ryan Murphy, Ian Brennan and Brad Falchuk created Original Songs.

Mr. Murphy even ridiculed other shows’ lack of queer affection, promising:
“If I did it on my show, I would just have them do it in every scene and not have a big deal about it. I don’t think that you have to announce a very special episode. Weren’t they doing it back on Roseanne? It is just so outdated and archaic to me and as a gay man, I would never do that. I would make it very organic and do it several times and not make it a stunt.” (x)
A lot can be said about Ryan Murphy, but saying he has a problem with equally depicting queer affection, especially when he’s behind a new comedy revolving around a gay couple trying to have a child (and surprise, surprise, it’ll be on NBC) does not square up with what we know.
However, it is clear that after Original Song, there was a definite drawing back of queer physical affection with two notable exceptions, or as they are now known “Very Special Episodes:” The First Time and Heart. In both of these episodes, the writers had one message — love is love. Kurt and Blaine choosing to become sexually intimate for the first time was depicted as on par with Rachel and Finn taking the same step. Although this was achieved by diminishing the heterosexual affection as opposed to significantly increasing the queer affection, it was not because said queer affection was not filmed.

In fact, prior to the airing of the episode, Chris Colfer said this of the love scene:
“The love scene is, with all due respect to the episode and all the people behind it, I think the love scene was all physical. We don’t say anything. We kissed and rolled around a bit.” ~Chris Colfer (About The First Time) {x}
None of that made it to air.
In Heart, the writers themselves took aim at the double standard, having Santana blatantly call out the lack of queer affection so effectively that it spawned gif sets with Santana as Tumblr and Figgins as Glee. Even the overtly religious character that expressed worry about treating queer affection as equal to heterosexual affection ended the episode by declaring “Love is love, man.” Santana and Brittany kissed twice — scripted, filmed kisses. Kurt and Blaine also kissed, but it was cut:

Why write an episode about the equality of all love and cut a kiss between the incredibly popular gay couple? Why film a kiss between the incredibly popular gay couple, cut it, and make it obvious that it was cut?
Queer intimacy and physical affection is being written and filmed, but not aired.
The most logical conclusion is that there is pressure from outside the glee writing and editing rooms.
The Glee writers get a lot wrong, and while they don’t always handle the queer story lines in the best way and are sometimes blatantly offensive and irresponsible, it is not due to some deep seated homophobia.
No, the cause of the double standard on Glee needs to be laid at the feet of the people responsible — The Fox Network.
Which brings us back to the impending separation of Kurt and Blaine.
In blatant defiance of the stated characterization of Blaine Anderson in Season 2, and the Season 2 finale (“I’ve talked to Blaine and he’s on board as well), Blaine suddenly became a junior in the third episode of Season 3, thereby ensuring a Season 4 in which Blaine remains at McKinley and Kurt Hummel goes off to pursue his dreams.
Why?
To create drama? Hardly. There wasn’t even an inkling of discord between Kurt and Blaine regarding the impending separation until episode 17 of Season 3, and while it created conflict, it was wrapped up in a nice little bow within a 25 minute arc. Hardly a story line or plot point worth tossing previously written and aired material for.
To keep Darren Criss? Nope. Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, and Chris Colfer are all slated to graduate from McKinley and still have prominent roles in Season 4. The same certainly could have been done for Criss — the writers hinted as much in the Season 2 finale.
So again, why?
The powers that be know that Klaine is popular and they’re too bankable to break up, but the Network is clearly uncomfortable with gay male intimacy. But money talks. How do they keep Klaine, their Time’s 100 Influential, Golden Globe Award winning star, Chris Colfer/Kurt Hummel, and their most recent gold mine, record selling, Broadway Baby Darren Criss/Blaine Anderson? Easy…junior Blaine.
Fans are “serviced” because Klaine remains intact (as solidified in DWS and made further obvious in Choke and now Prom-asaurus), but the Network is free of any pressure to show Kurt and Blaine being physically intimate because instead of having to separate them with classmates in the choir room, conveniently placed authority figures that are suddenly uncomfortable with student affection, or an interrupting heterosexual couple singing a song about a rat, Kurt and Blaine can be permanently separated by actual distance. Now we don’t we have to stomach salacious gay glancing or shoulder patting! Yaaaay…cheers.
Ultimately, making Blaine a junior serves the Network, not the fans, not the writers, and certainly not the actors that work daily to depict a realistic, healthy, loving teenage relationship that happens to be between two boys only to see significant parts cut or not even written because the Network’s leanings are known.
So at the end of this season, Kurt and Blaine will share their gay kiss, aka a hug, look longingly at each other and wave goodbye, leaving us to wonder when they’ll share screen time again, much less kiss. Just as the Fox Network wants it. "

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/10/2012, 8:20 am

^ Didn't know that there was meant to be a Klaine kiss in 'Heart.' But yes, it would make sense to have one, given that the episode had already been made into a 'Special Episode' already.

I feel sorry for Chris for having to subject himself to all those kissing scenes, only for the editors to remove them entirely in the final cut. Why bother filming those scenes at all then? Can't they make up their minds about whether those scenes are necessary (i.e. would make it to the final cut) before they waste time and energy filming them?

I really hope that they wouldn't saddle Kurt with a long-distance relationship with Blaine in Season 4 just for the reasons mentioned in the above post. I'd rather they make Kurt single again. This way, they could also achieve their aim of not showing any gay physical intimacy on the show; but at least we get a more independent Kurt.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/10/2012, 12:28 pm

I think it's a combination of things. The PDA's don't bother me as much as long as the show could portray couples in healthy relationships, albeit with comic and dramatic tension and even conflicts, but it can't.

Finchell is a road wreck, Sam Mercedes is a noncouple couple with trumped up angsts, they gave up on Quinn pairing up but now it looks like Jesus Joe, etc, etc. Tina and Mike are the neutured "nice" couple with zero interest for me after awhile.

The gay aspect of Kurt and Blaine is one hurdle, as it is with Brittana, but the bigger problem is the writers just can't handle character development. One simply has to look at how the characters of Rachel and Finn are written, they are ostensibly the young "stars" of Glee and yet they have been mangled as badly as anyone, for all the PDA's they can display.

This year they could have explored the competitive tension between Kurt and Blaine, or the hurdles of trying to be a couple in a hostile environment, or even comic adventures such as spying on other schools, etc, etc. Instead they get lame dialogue and non speaking for episodes at a time. The cast is too large and bloated and the writing is simply too inconsistent.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/10/2012, 2:29 pm

It's an interesting post that one from Tumblr. But eh, I'm not so sure that the only reason they made Blaine a junior is to make sure he and Kurt would be physically distant. I think the money in this played an important, important role.

And I'm not so sure there was a kiss between Kurt and Blaine in the Valentine episode? That was something that went round the fandom, I think for some strange shots that seemed cut.

Buenos wrote:The gay aspect of Kurt and Blaine is one hurdle, as it is with Brittana, but the bigger problem is the writers just can't handle character development. One simply has to look at how the characters of Rachel and Finn are written, they are ostensibly the young "stars" of Glee and yet they have been mangled as badly as anyone, for all the PDA's they can display.

This year they could have explored the competitive tension between Kurt and Blaine, or the hurdles of trying to be a couple in a hostile environment, or even comic adventures such as spying on other schools, etc, etc. Instead they get lame dialogue and non speaking for episodes at a time. The cast is too large and bloated and the writing is simply too inconsistent.
^I agree. The problems are more than one.
It's not just a issue about the kisses. The physical aspect is sure important, and for what regards the gay couples these moments be counted on one hand and relegated to 'important' episodes, so that everyone can have the time to prepar for these great and shoking events (!). Even if maybe for some shipper this can be more...romantical? In this way is not about the actual kiss, but about a lot of other things. Haha, no, I don't think so.
But honestly, if that is a Fox Network problem, there's not so much the writers can do, since the show must go through Fox’s approval. RM can even be evil (yes, he is LOL), but I don't believe this is what he wanted.
(Sure, if they could bless us with less Finchel kisses, maybe...)

The double standard in this show is seriously about the characterization, (not only for the couples, this season there were at least five Quinn), since the physical is not the only way to show affection. Talking about Klaine, they could have created drama easily: they had an already developed character and they had the issues they addressed at the two of them in the firsts episodes, and with this they could create trouble in heaven and even starting to give Blaine some spessor. ...So that we could have avoided that episode in which Blaine sings something like 4927649 songs (his better way to express himself, according to what we know), and still comes out more underdeveloped than before.

But no. They didn't talk for episodes. The characters are too many, they wanted to give everybody something but still mantain the leaders on focus, and since the writers are too many (< and most of them are less talented that may cat) they have failed.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/10/2012, 3:53 pm

Emile wrote:
But no. They didn't talk for episodes. The characters are too many, they wanted to give everybody something but still mantain the leaders on focus, and since the writers are too many (< and most of them are less talented that may cat) they have failed.

What I still don't get it at all is why they hired more writers? Is wasn't enough with RIB? actually I think that having more writers turned this into a mess because you need a base about characters, you have to follow a line; as you have said this season we have been through psycho Quinn to mature Quinn then to creepy again and finally... I don't know, so they're not consistent in the personality of the characters. About junior Blaine, is been already discussed he was turning into a junior only because the Itunes sells dryy sadly that change in the plot makes Blaine to be like a whole new person different from second season, though he has never been really developed.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/10/2012, 6:58 pm

What I still don't get it at all is why they hired more writers? Is wasn't enough with RIB? actually I think that having more writers turned this into a mess because you need a base about characters, you have to follow a line; as you have said this season we have been through psycho Quinn to mature Quinn then to creepy again and finally... I don't know, so they're not consistent in the personality of the characters. About junior Blaine, is been already discussed he was turning into a junior only because the Itunes sells dryy sadly that change in the plot makes Blaine to be like a whole new person different from second season, though he has never been really developed.

I don't see how making Blaine a "junior" affects sales, quite frankly. Darren sells well enough but as this season has shown, he doesn't sell any better than any of the singers who have a catchy contemporary pop song to sell. Naya sells itunes and yet she is "senior" , as is Lea and Cory who also can sell well. I think season 1 and season 2 are "stand alone" from season 3 with all the characters. Kurt , Rachel and Finn are shadows of their former selves, especially Rachel.

I just think that at this point the show just doesn't have a disciplined show runner. RIB are off running around with different projects to they can't write all the episodes; fair enough. However the fact that they addressed pre season that they have writing problems and failed to correct the actual problem (continuity and character consistency) speaks volumes. Adding writers doesn't improve bad writing and the new writers don't seem to have a good grasp of the characters either.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/10/2012, 8:34 pm

Blaine being a junior has nothing to do with trying to seperate Klaine to avoid gay PDA. Blaine was established as a junior in episode 2, back when the spinoff was still under consideration. He was established as a junior to be the anchor of the new directions and the show back when there was uncertainty about what exactly would happen with the big three.

The lack of gay PDA does have to do with money, but not in terms of iTunes sales. It has to do with advertising dollars. The network knows the attitude towards homosexuality in this country. We live in a country where a large part of the population is not accepting of homosexuality. Some people who accept homosexuality have the attitude that it's fine behind closed doors, but they don't want to see it. The network execs are afraid that too much gay PDA will result in losing viewers, which leads to lower advertising rates.

I also think that the fact there is two prominent gay couples on the show has a big part of the lack of regular PDA for both couples. If Klaine was the only gay couple, I think you'd see more PDA from them--maybe not every episode, but at least regularly. With two prominent gay couples, they have to share the wealth (for lack of a better way to explain it).

One thing that may also be true is that people are more comfortable with mild lesbian PDA than they are with gay PDA. Santana and Brittany almost always have some form of intimacy on the show--holding hands, resting heads on each others shoulders, leaning against each other, etc. But even when Klaine is sitting next to each other, there is hardly ever physical contact between them--a loving glance has to do. When they see two women touching, they can view it as them just being "girls" but seeing two men touching is unnatural.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/10/2012, 9:29 pm

^ great post Karen!

when I was little, both boys and girls held hands or wrapped their arms around other's necks and we did that with either sex - this is the the natural and innocent way for human to show affection during their interactions. Somehow as we grew up we were taught certain culturally accepted behaviors as well as taboos and learned what's "right" and "wrong", and what's "appropriate" and what's not. that's when same sex guys showing public affection like holding hands etc. are considered "unnatural". women get usually get away w/ more unless it's something really sexual, like kissing and touching each other in a sexual way.

I have once asked a close male friend who is generally politically liberal and non-religious, why do lots of straight men find gay sex unappealing if not down right offensive. He said the thought of gay sex is "disgusting" enough but lesbian sex is a different story - it's like doubling the pleasure of watching porn - two naked women is better than one! In other words, even w/o any anti-gay sentiments, gay sex has little market beyond queer communities.

now glee is marketed toward teens, so even simple kisses have to be rare in order not to trigger parents and socially conservative groups' wrath too much. There are still a lot of people believing that children will imitate gay behavior if exposed to it.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/10/2012, 10:10 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:...

One thing that may also be true is that people are more comfortable with mild lesbian PDA than they are with gay PDA. Santana and Brittany almost always have some form of intimacy on the show--holding hands, resting heads on each others shoulders, leaning against each other, etc. But even when Klaine is sitting next to each other, there is hardly ever physical contact between them--a loving glance has to do. When they see two women touching, they can view it as them just being "girls" but seeing two men touching is unnatural.

Thanks for explain me lots of thing Jelly Smile

Oh my that last statement is so true. For everyone or almost it seems so natural to see two girls walking in the streets holding hands to each other, no one could say there's something else, usually people believe they're just close friends but if they see two boys doing the same, they immediately react saying "They're gay!". So apparently this society can't accept that two men hold hands as a bromance gesture without thinking there's relationship goes beyond that so is understandable why Brittany show more loving affection than Klaine but viewers know they're a couple and know that any couple show affection to each other ¬¬ However I still see people in the streets wrinkling their noses if a lesbian or gay coule are kissing, even if is a peck.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/11/2012, 1:00 pm

(Taken from spoiler thread)
Jellyrolls :
I also think that many of the most vocal Klainers would forget all about Klaine if they suddenly retcon Blaine to make him bi and find him a girlfriend. It seems to me that most of the Klainers that want Klaine together are far more interested in Blaine than Klaine.

I think that stems from Blaine not really being a developed character on his own. The show threw away the opportunity to develop him this year and "Angry" Blaine and "nice" Blaine IMO doesn't cut it as a compelling character. Plus if Darren/Blaine has to interact with new characters next year, than it would put the acting burden on the character. I say why not give it a shot, let Darren/Blaine interact next year with Artie, Tina and a whole new slew of ND kids and see how viable the character is on his own.

When Grant Gustin first was announced and there were sketchy details about his character, I remember a lot of the so called Klainers gushing and speculating what a potential boyfriend for Blaine he could be, how it was great that Blaine would have someone hot and unlike Kurt attracted to him, etc, etc. Of course once the show painted Sebastian as a sleazebag with no redeeming qualities they couldn't well push him as an interest for Blaine. And it didn't help that there seemed to be zero chemistry between Darren and Grant. (Chris and Grant OTOH..) But yea, their devotion to "Klaine" is skin deep and is one sided.

The one annoying aspect to me isn't that some prefer Blaine to Kurt, or Darren to Chris, different mileage and all that which is OK and fine and dandy. It's the dishonesty and the desingenuousness of the stance of so many Blaine stanners. IMO they want the Klaine relationship to prop up Blaine, they are deathly afraid of the character being on his own and having to generate his own interest. If Blaine is so inherently interesting and such a "star" of the show, why not let him fly solo and prove it if they are so devoted to him and so convinced of his skills/charms/appeal?

One of things I like about Chris Colfer/Kurt is the ability to generate chemistry and good acting scenes with a myriad of characters/others actors. Chris and Lea do very well together, as to Chris and Jane, and Chris and Darren. Enough said about Chris and Mike O'Malley. Hell even Heather as Brittany is bearable when she interacts with Chris as Kurt. Ditto Max Adler and Chris. When they allow them scenes Cory and Chris also click. For the most part, Chris interacts great with most of the other actors, I hardly find it a "coincidence".

So there is no question in my mind that Kurt as a character could thrive and continue to generate interest with or without Blaine. But any question of separating Klaine puts these Blaine stanners in a positive panic attack, because they love *both* characters so much. Rolling Eyes

Personally I'm indifferent to Klaine, if they write it well, I'm OK with it. And I do think the Chris and Darren do have some chemistry together and Kurt as the more cynical member of the relationship while Blaine as more the eager puppy does have some contrast and potential. The problem is that they don't develop it nor write the relationship most of the time. And if they are physically separated for Season 4 it becomes more of a joke if they are supposed to be a couple.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/11/2012, 2:03 pm

Buenos wrote:
The one annoying aspect to me isn't that some prefer Blaine to Kurt, or Darren to Chris, different mileage and all that which is OK and fine and dandy. It's the dishonesty and the desingenuousness of the stance of so many Blaine stanners. IMO they want the Klaine relationship to prop up Blaine, they are deathly afraid of the character being on his own and having to generate his own interest. If Blaine is so inherently interesting and such a "star" of the show, why not let him fly solo and prove it if they are so devoted to him and so convinced of his skills/charms/appeal?

I think Big Brother gave us all a little taste of what Blaine flying solo (or rather, without Kurt) would look like; and despite having Matt Bomer, another decent actor in his own right, to act opposite Darren, the scenes still felt flat to me most of the time. Or maybe I was so distracted by the laughable Blaine angst that I just couldn't appreciate the wonderful acting.

Buenos wrote:
So there is no question in my mind that Kurt as a character could thrive and continue to generate interest with or without Blaine. But any question of separating Klaine puts these Blaine stanners in a positive panic attack, because they love *both* characters so much. Rolling Eyes

The Klaine relationship had more or less served as a crutch for Blaine ever since its conception. Even Darren himself admitted to riding Chris's coat tails.

The frustrations we get from the Klaine relationship stemmed from the fact that one character is so well-developed whereas the other is barely/very poorly developed. Given the choice, I wouldn't want Kurt to be saddled with a such a bland onscreen boyfriend (all the while having the TV show practically shouting at its audience that Blaine is so much better than Kurt in so many ways).
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/11/2012, 2:11 pm

This is a respone to Buenos post above:

The underdevelopment and inconsistency of Blaine is one of the writers biggest failures. I said this earlier in the week, but I’ll say it again: I can’t think of any other character that has ever been overexposed and underdeveloped on TV like Blaine has been. One week we have angry Blaine. The next week we have oblivious oaf Blaine. Then we have whiny making a big deal out of something that shouldn’t be an issue Blaine. Last season we had dapper confident Blaine. The only thing that has been consistent about Blaine’s character is that he is loved, adored, and admired by everyone who comes in contact with him.

They have definitely wasted opportunities to develop Blaine as a stand alone character, or even a character who can stand with other characters and hold his own. Pretty much since the day they made him a junior, I have been saying that they should be spending time developing relationships between Blaine and the other known juniors. And then, when they are finally going to give Blaine some development, it’s with a one time guest star, and the development he gets is that he doesn’t get along with his brother because his brother doesn’t praise him to the high heavens like everyone else in the universe? What a waste of the episode.

When I think about this season, and stop to think about Blaine, he’s really been a pretty useless character. There has been zero development for Blaine, and really the only development for Klaine as a couple was TFT.

I think a lot of Blaine issues stem from two things. 1. RIB and the producers treat Blaine like a jukebox--just give him song after song. 2. Darren’s acting abilities. The whole Sebastian arc turned into nothing because Darren did not have the range to make it into something. The writing wasn’t horrible on that arc. The material had potential to be something, but because Darren wasn’t convincing, his interactions with Grant fell short, while Chris’ interactions in the scenes with Grant were the most memorable.

Buenos, I don’t think you are from the Glee forum, but back after TFT, I was saying that I wished that it had turned out that Blaine had gone running to Sebastian after his drunken fight with Kurt in the car. The Sebastian arc could have been a lot more interesting if Blaine had run to Sebastian, made out with him, and then felt guilty about it and confess to Kurt. Or perhaps had Sebastian tell Kurt about it or something. It would have added conflict between Klaine, added dimension to Blaine, and made for some interesting scenes. Instead, after the first time, we got like six episodes where they basically didn’t speak to each other--they would be in scenes where only one of them talked.

I do think that many of the Blaine stans and Klainers who favor Blaine do realize that Blaine cannot really stand alone, and that Kurt carries them (and I’m sure that Darren realizes this--you can tell it by the way he talks about Klaine/Kurt). All’s you have to do is look at Blaine’s interactions away from Kurt to realize that Blaine can’t stand alone. They have had him interact with Rachel, Finn, and Sebastian one on one. Nothing has come out of any of those one on one interactions. They have all fallen flat. I’d have to believe that is because Darren is not a capable actor because I know that Lea and Cory have great onscreen chemistry with many other actors. Yes, Lea and Darren have good musical chemistry, but their speaking scenes weren’t all that memorable. Grant had great onscreen chemistry with Chris and Naya. So, that’s proof that there is one actor who is not able to hold up his part. Lucky for Darren that he was paired up with an actor who can carry a scene on his own.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/11/2012, 2:29 pm

I think a lot of Blaine issues stem from two things. 1. RIB and the producers treat Blaine like a jukebox--just give him song after song. 2. Darren’s acting abilities. The whole Sebastian arc turned into nothing because Darren did not have the range to make it into something. The writing wasn’t horrible on that arc. The material had potential to be something, but because Darren wasn’t convincing, his interactions with Grant fell short, while Chris’ interactions in the scenes with Grant were the most memorable.

I agree, for the arc to work Blaine has to convey that on some level he may be attracted/intrigued by Sebastian.

The problem was that Darren/Blaine couldn't display ambivalent or conflicting emotions with Sebastian. Blaine appears confused and you don't get the sense that he's attracted to Sebastian despite himself, or intrigued despite himself. Instead of conflicted Blaine just appears awkward. The energy level at the Lima Bean goes up the moment Kurt appears on the screen and starts the interaction with Sebastian. Kurt with a look shows he has Sebastian figured out while trying to be outwardly civil and nice "That's sweet and are you two still together?" Blaine fades into the background once Kurt arrives on the scene.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Loli 5/11/2012, 3:12 pm

I didn't like most of the seblaine's interaction, but in Darren's defense, Blaine was really passive in that story-line. (Well, Blaine is passive in most of his parts.) I think Darren's is effective in comedy and some of his delivery in NBK and PQ showed that he could do drama (and I mean drama not angst) in a non-heavy way.

Blaine was quite consistent last season, but I feel that Darren is so lost in his head-canon of Blaine because the character has no clear personality that he can't do anything with him. Furthermore, Darren, to me, is more of a stage actor.

I watched a good portion of his interview back in November last year (2010 - I'm still counting year by school calendar) and he had quite the back-story for Blaine that was cast as a senior and a mentor for Kurt. After the Superbowl episode, that characterization derailed but the dapper part of Blaine was enough to carry him the rest of the season. When he transferred, the "dapperness" went away, then he got younger and all the "mentorish" part of him got thrown out the window.
Dame Loli
Dame Loli
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://dameloli.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/11/2012, 11:22 pm

Dame Loli wrote:I didn't like most of the seblaine's interaction, but in Darren's defense, Blaine was really passive in that story-line. (Well, Blaine is passive in most of his parts.) I think Darren's is effective in comedy and some of his delivery in NBK and PQ showed that he could do drama (and I mean drama not angst) in a non-heavy way.

Blaine was quite consistent last season, but I feel that Darren is so lost in his head-canon of Blaine because the character has no clear personality that he can't do anything with him. Furthermore, Darren, to me, is more of a stage actor.

I watched a good portion of his interview back in November last year (2010 - I'm still counting year by school calendar) and he had quite the back-story for Blaine that was cast as a senior and a mentor for Kurt. After the Superbowl episode, that characterization derailed but the dapper part of Blaine was enough to carry him the rest of the season. When he transferred, the "dapperness" went away, then he got younger and all the "mentorish" part of him got thrown out the window.

I liked Blaine until Silly Love Songs ruined it for me.

Chris thankfully can do both. He is a good stage actor because he did a lot of that when he was a kid, in his community theatre days.

Darren needs to adapt, and he can't. He struggles. Which is strange because he has done television before.

What I think he can't keep up with the better actors like Chris, Corey, Lea and Grant as well.

Darren just disappeared in the Lima Bean scenes. Grant was carrying those scenes along with Chris. Darren could not keep up.

I used to forget Blaine was even in those scenes. And that was why I started shipping Kurtbastian and wanting to find fanfiction about them.

In the Scandals scene I noticed when Kurt intervened when Sebastian and Blaine were dancing together, that Sebastian was sort of checking out Kurt from behind. I have seen this scene numerous of times now on tumblr. Maybe Grant did this himself, because he thought Sebastian would be more interested in Kurt.

But if they went there, it would be ship wars all over again. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 31 357632081
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/12/2012, 9:52 pm

Can I just say Darren stans are annoying?

Harry posted this picture on facebook:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 31 529900_235834896521207_100002840947614_379380_752049183_n

Almost every single comment on there is about Darren being in the picture.

I responed: Darren Schamren. Who cares? Harry's there.

Not so much because I care about Harry being in the picture, but because I hate that Darren stans have to make every damn thing about Darren.

I can't wait until I can go back to a life where I won't have Darren in it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/12/2012, 10:05 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Can I just say Darren stans are annoying?

Harry posted this picture on facebook:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 31 529900_235834896521207_100002840947614_379380_752049183_n

Almost every single comment on there is about Darren being in the picture.

I responed: Darren Schamren. Who cares? Harry's there.

Not so much because I care about Harry being in the picture, but because I hate that Darren stans have to make every damn thing about Darren.

I can't wait until I can go back to a life where I won't have Darren in it.

When I just saw that pic, I saw Harry. I didn't know about Darren until I saw your comment.

To be honest I did try and look for Chris. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 31 650269930
But brought my attention back to Harry.

And how dare Darren stans do that. This is Harry's Facebook page, don't they have the decentcy to at least have comments about Harry. That to me is just plain rude and inconciderate. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 31 3181402168
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/12/2012, 10:44 pm

i don't mind if darren fans want to strip and bare their intestents on Darren's own pages, but this is Harry's facebook page and talking so much about someone else and ignoring the owner of hte page is just rude. If they don't have anything to say about Harry they should not comment at all.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/12/2012, 10:57 pm

They did it on twitter, too. Dumbasses.

I don't mind the people who like Darren and don't turn everything into him. But people like this irritate the hell out of me. When we were in line for SBL, we were in front of some Darren stans, and they were talking endlessly about him when Kim stepped a way for a bit to run to the store. I know more about Darren than anyone who is not related to him should now.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/12/2012, 11:13 pm

WHAT? Darren stans seriously did that? Ok I won't deny that sometimes I can't restrain myself when I see my fav idol in a picture with lots of people, mainly if he looks amazing but also I know this's a twitter or facebook or whatever of somebody else so first that person is the important, If I were one of those girls -happily I'm NOT- I'd would have posted something like "Nice pic Harry. All of you look amazing...bla bla" and on a side note say sth about Darren. However as yo have mentioned these people don't understand anything and always take the opportunity to bring Darren's presence to others events or stuff.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/13/2012, 7:50 am

Let us use this exhibit of obnoxious fan behaviour as a cautionary tale to us all.

We stan Chris hard, but may we never fall into the trap of making downright pests of ourselves and annoy the heck out of Chris's friends and work colleagues suure
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next