Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2

+30
superciliousness
happydays
kac
E-ko
apositivefly
Dame Loli
Vir Cotto
valkeakuulas
red texta
emilynna
paulopf
CloveGlee
Sani
CCfan93
dap1217
Divalicious
sjonnepon
ColferGirl
Shinra17
M&M
ColferInspired
brisallie
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
Emile
sahhar
Glorfindel
arina
fantastica
Delight
34 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2

Post  Shinra17 4/12/2012, 1:44 pm

fantastica wrote:(queen Jane either doesn't say anything or spoil something HUGE, like her congressional bid results)
or like when she outed karofsky age before NBK Smile

Emile wrote:Meh. Since I don't care that much about Blaine or Glee, I only hope that this "questionable" thing that Kurt is going to do will allow Chris to do some good acting.
exactly, if Kurt can turn into a serial killer and slaughter all McKinley to get an Emmy, I would be all for it Smile

fantastica wrote:kurt doesn't look like the cheating type, even though they made him swoom over couple of great looking older guys. it's more likely blaine will over-react over some harmless mis-understanding and needs kurt to comfort him - because he's so priviledged and cannot bear the thought of anything potentially not being faithful to him, or not consider him the second coming of Christ, or not stroking his ego every few seconds.
This precisley shows that he's not the cheating type since he's doing it under the nose of blaine.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2

Post  brisallie 4/12/2012, 1:46 pm

@Kim , did you say the second coming of Christ? Isn't that a little bit too much? How big is Blaine's ego? ohmy

I'm agree that Kurt doesn't seem to be type of guy who will be cheat his bf, but is unfair that Blaine can flirt with any guy in front of Kurt but if Kurt does sth like that to poor Blaine, not only him will be angry, also a bunch of crazy blainers dryy

I know cheating is not the best thing, but I just wrote my deepest not so innocent thoughts lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/12/2012, 2:06 pm

I've never been happier about a spoiler before. I liked the flawed, grey shaded Kurt who made mistakes and other things in Season 1. Then they turned him into a saint who could do no wrong. I'm so curious as to what this thing is that he does. Either way I will support him. The fandom on the other hand, whatever the thing he does may be and whatever the reasoning, will blame Kurt and take Blaine's side. What is already pissing me off is that Kurt sings Blaine a love song. So the outcome of this storyline is going to be Kurt apologizing to poor little Blarren Mad

I'm more excited for this episode than any other one now.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/12/2012, 3:49 pm

I'm more than okay with Kurt making mistakes. And I think he indeed has incurred in some, even if now he's more compassionate and at times too inclined to take the "higher route". Not using the tape to denounce Sebastian's actions was a mistake and a trespass of other person's rights. I can understand why he did it: after all, the attack had been aimed at him. But, still. It was not the correct thing to do and it was not his decision to make alone. What he said to Quinn after Karofsky's suicide attempt was not correct either. True: he said it in response to Quinn's own misguided words and coming from his own pain, but still it was not correct. What I'm trying to say here is that Kurt is not really "saint Kurt". A saint wouldn't have even thought about arranging the voting and would even have helped Brittany or something equally exaggerated like that. A saint would have told Blaine that it was okay to audition for Tony and wouldn't have shown any kind of anger when the other guy got the part. A saint wouldn't have been rude to Rachel when she started competing against him. A saint would have answered Karofsky's texts. A saint wouldn't have answered Sebastian's insults. I think Kurt is simply growing up and becoming a better person. Yes, I think it would have been way more logical to punch Sebastian and that Michael episode bothered me. But, again, I don't think Kurt is "saint Kurt".
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/12/2012, 3:52 pm

I also don't mind kurt making mistakes. I just hate the double standards that he always gets roasted for tiny little mistsakes he makes while you-know-who gets away w/ murder (figuratively I mean).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/12/2012, 4:03 pm

fantastica wrote:I also don't mind kurt making mistakes. I just hate the double standards that he always gets roasted for tiny little mistsakes he makes while you-know-who gets away w/ murder (figuratively I mean).

Oh, definitely. It doesn't matter what Kurt does. Even when he's being nice, he gets backlash for being "too nice". And Blaine has done enough things to jeopardize their relationship, yet I have never seen a spoiler calling his behavior "questionable".
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/12/2012, 5:28 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 8 Tumblr_m2ce32d1YR1qzzzloo1_500

this is in the promo for 3.16 and is probably about kurcedes cheering for Walex. so I guess Alex will sing a song next episode.

(stole it from Marie's post on GF so she doesn't have to cross post here to keep me informed fanny2 ).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/12/2012, 5:54 pm

Why, thank you for saving me the trouble. Wink

I've been a bit busy over on GF (and RL) to come here and double post, sorry. Rolling Eyes

About the St. Kurt nickname: for the fandom it is not so much Kurt not making any mistakes, but they think he never gets called out on them or has to apologize. This is an illusion that somehow has stuck into the minds of many Glee fans.
Some of it is true, but TBH it happens to a lot of other characters too (Finn,Santana,Brittany, Blaine). Kurt has apoligized a few times too, not always verbally, but in other ways (like waving at Rachel in the hallway after the make-over). And Kurt usually pays heavily for his mistakes or wrongdoings.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/12/2012, 6:06 pm

^ due to bias in the first place. those who don't like him would nitpick everything w/ a magnifying glass. in a way that some of us who don't like blaine will nowadays be extra critical of him (to vent our frustrations).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/12/2012, 6:59 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Why, thank you for saving me the trouble. Wink

About the St. Kurt nickname: for the fandom it is not so much Kurt not making any mistakes, but they think he never gets called out on them or has to apologize. This is an illusion that somehow has stuck into the minds of many Glee fans.
Some of it is true, but TBH it happens to a lot of other characters too (Finn,Santana,Brittany, Blaine). Kurt has apoligized a few times too, not always verbally, but in other ways (like waving at Rachel in the hallway after the make-over). And Kurt usually pays heavily for his mistakes or wrongdoings.

Hm. It's possible that he hasn't been verbally called out on his mistakes every time. I won't deny this, since probably I'm forgetting an instance. But Kurt's mistakes and malevolent actions are always presented as such, unlike what has happened with some other characters, whose actions suddenly become entirely justified due to their particular torment. Kurt got even called out by Burt for attempting to sing with Sam. And the show never made clear if it was actually endorsing Burt's words.

fantastica wrote:^ due to bias in the first place. those who don't like him would nitpick everything w/ a magnifying glass. in a way that some of us who don't like blaine will nowadays be extra critical of him (to vent our frustrations).

I think the criticism of Blaine is different from the nitpicking at Kurt. At least, in my case, what makes it more difficult to forgive Blaine's mistakes is that, unlike what happens with Kurt's, his mistakes are never presented as such, but as erroneous perceptions conceived by other characters, who can't understand his good intentions (Kurt, Sam) or are jealous of his talent (Finn, Cooper Anderson). Therefore, in the end, although he has clearly made a mistake, the show doesn't acknowledge it and make him apologize and atone for it. On the opposite: it's always the other characters apologizing to him.

In Kurt's case, as I was saying before, it doesn't really matter what he does. Fandom tends to be extra hard on him, while being more apologetic of other characters. For instance, that discussion he had with Quinn after David Karofsky's suicide attempt. Fandom went for Kurt's throat cause of his unfair words to Quinn. But they never acknowledged that Quinn had said equally hurtful and unfair words, which Kurt could have very well taken as a personal attack. I have no problem with people saying Kurt was in the wrong there, as long as they accept Quinn was in the wrong as well. But that's not the general attitude. Heck, I've seen people saying that Kurt is "bullying" Sebastian.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/12/2012, 7:03 pm

ok you are comparing the show's treatment of blaine's mistakes w/ the fandom's treatment of kurt's actions. they are two different things. I was talking about fandom reactions to both characters among fans who are not fond of each of these characters. the way they are treated on the show I think is pretty similar except when it comes to what they do each other - blaine clearly gets away w/ worse behavior (like flirting w/ Sebby for a long time). so far I think Kurt hasn't done anything bad to blaine yet, but he still end up apologising for things like at TFT auditorium scene etc.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/12/2012, 7:14 pm

fantastica wrote:ok you are comparing the show's treatment of blaine's mistakes w/ the fandom's treatment of kurt's actions. they are two different things. I was talking about fandom reactions to both characters among fans who are not fond of each of these characters.

Yes, fandom's treatment of characters' actions and mistakes is different from show's treatment of characters' actions and mistakes. I was trying to point out that sometimes the show's treatment of character's actions can influence fandom's reactions towards said characters. I am not fond of Blaine, yet I wouldn't be so harsh on him if the show treated his mistakes as mistakes. Kurt's mistakes are treated in the show as mistakes, at least most of times, that's why it surprises me that still a fraction of fandom is still always very harsh on him and nitpicking at everything he does.

I admit I tend to do that with Blaine, the being harsh part and the nitpicking at everything he does, but it's not simply cause I'm not fond of him, but mostly because the show doesn't acknowledge his mistakes or make him apologize for them. With Kurt, despite how he pays for his mistakes, people who's not fond of him keep bringing them back and invalidating everything good the character does because of said mistakes.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/12/2012, 7:18 pm

Oh. I replied and quoted you before you edited your post. Sorry. I don't really think Blaine is treated very similarly to other characters. Each time he screws up, in the end he's presented as pretty much innocent and as the actual wronged person. Also, if someone has a problem with him, it's not because of his actual flaws, but because the other character is jealous of his talent.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/12/2012, 7:28 pm

^ I see what you mean. and I agree. however a lot of what we think about blaine is tainted by our head canons - both the blaine stans and non-fans - because this character is so "fluid" and fuzzy in canon most of us have an opinion about him based on our own intepretation of who he is or why he does what so there's huge variation of whether what he did was even considered "wrong" to begin with. It seems that the writers are siding w/ the blaine stans when it comes to seeing blaine's hallo on his head. so in that case, he didn't do any wrong, at all.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/12/2012, 7:35 pm

Yeah. That's the problem with an inconsistent character. There are facts, though, that prove he's not "flawless", yet his stans would defend everything he does. But, yes, some of his actions are perceived differently by the part of fandom that doesn't stan him and it's difficult to really determine who's in the right: those who, while not justifying him, judge him less harshly, or those who think he's a really lousy person.

ETA: I'm talking about Blaine here. Kurt is, of course, flawless. Smile

Last edited by paulopf on 4/12/2012, 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I needed to clarify I was talking about Blaine and not Kurt, to avoid misunderstandings.)
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/12/2012, 7:43 pm

well in S1 Kurt had mistakes that I believe are very innocent - because it made him human and these wrong things are kind of endearing, but to his haters they are absolutely crucifiable - especially his crush on Finn. They finally went overboard to criticize and ostricize him in S2 because of the negative fandom reaction. don't forget that this negative reaction is largely due to discrimination against gays - when a straight guy hits on a girl he's merely being a man; but when a gay guy hits on another man it's predatory. it's very unfair but it's true.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/12/2012, 11:49 pm

I loved Disco Inferno, Amber killed it.

I hate that Blarren is singing Saturday Night Fever.

But with the way SBL is being received and being sold out, should make Fox and the writers realise who is one of the true stars of the show. Definitely not Darren.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/12/2012, 11:58 pm

I really hope Chris's popularity within the industry explodes once SBL is out. The more he starts getting an image of his own and not just being stuck to his Glee bosses all the time, the better.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/13/2012, 12:01 am

CloveGlee wrote:Honey, if Blaine made out with Sebastian directly in front of Kurt and told Kurt what a loser he was, Blaine would not get the backlash from the fandom.

If Blaine slept with Sebastian and Kurt dumped him Kurt would still be the wrong one. If Blaine killed murdered someone and gave an explanation for it the fandom would still forgive him. Oy Rolling Eyes

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/13/2012, 12:28 am

sahhar wrote:
CloveGlee wrote:Honey, if Blaine made out with Sebastian directly in front of Kurt and told Kurt what a loser he was, Blaine would not get the backlash from the fandom.

If Blaine slept with Sebastian and Kurt dumped him Kurt would still be the wrong one. If Blaine killed murdered someone and gave an explanation for it the fandom would still forgive him. Oy Rolling Eyes

Sadly that is true. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 8 1371890812

The car scene in TFT now creeps me out, because if Kurt was underneath, and in canon Blaine is meant to stronger than Kurt, think of what sort of storyline we would have had.

And I'll bet the fandom would have forgave Blaine for that as well, and just say it was Kurt's fault for not giving poor Blaine what he wants, because he has to you know what to relieve his sexual frustration. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 8 4_2_205

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 8 Sig
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/13/2012, 12:33 am

ColferInspired wrote:
sahhar wrote:

Sadly that is true. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 8 1371890812

The car scene in TFT now creeps me out, because if Kurt was underneath, and in canon Blaine is meant to stronger than Kurt, think of what sort of storyline we would have had.

And I'll bet the fandom would have forgave Blaine for that as well, and just say it was Kurt's fault for not giving poor Blaine what he wants, because he has to you know what to relieve his sexual frustration. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 8 4_2_205

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 8 Sig

Sad. But true. The Glee fandom sometimes *pacepalm*

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/13/2012, 12:43 am

you know the kinds of people always giving kurt hte short end of hte stick are hte ones who believe blaine is too good for kurt and kurt doesn't deserve him. w/ that kind of mindset nothing kurt does will ever be good enough, because he simply isn't good enough. dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/13/2012, 12:54 am

fantastica wrote:you know the kinds of people always giving kurt hte short end of hte stick are hte ones who believe blaine is too good for kurt and kurt doesn't deserve him. w/ that kind of mindset nothing kurt does will ever be good enough, because he simply isn't good enough. dryy

It's sad that such a large portion of the fandom thinks that way though. I wonder why dryy

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/13/2012, 5:38 am

^ Maybe because Chris is the most recognized actor among the ND cast, he can get resentment not only from the fans of the characters kurt interacts with but also from the fans of other characters whose actor/actress are overshadowed by Chris. Since most part of the fandom joyfully mix character and real actor, Kurt may be paying for Chris.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/13/2012, 6:00 am

Stills for 3x16

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 8 8b384f184672113
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 8 26b44d184638526
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next