Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

+39
azure
tamara04
MissSoniaPP
opals
Ranwing
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
kac
valkeakuulas
BlueJazz
Divalicious
M&M
sheny
fountain
msjoanlucette
Buenos
Dame Loli
red texta
paulopf
E-ko
Sani
ry_kurtsie
sahhar
CCfan93
Shinra17
Emile
arina
fantastica
Delight
ColferInspired
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
brisallie
Coolbeans3131
tanita_mors
Struck by Lightning
Glorfindel
Vir Cotto
Jellyrolls
43 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 35 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

Post  arina 2/26/2013, 3:27 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Oh, I have no doubt that she might've served as a role model for bigger girls (as did Mercedes). But her attitude just drove me nuts, and I hate how she was Kurt's "replacement" in the choir room! It was a little...heartbreaking seeing his "spot" in that family being taken over by another. Mostly, it irritated me how she seemed to scowl all the time, then again, that type of attitude irks me with almost all characters. And why was she in a Glee club if she couldn't sing or dance and thought that the whole thing was "lame"?

I do think Marley is a "sad sack" and a pushover at times, and I really wish they'd make her grow a spine...still, I think she is adorable and she (and Ryder) are probably my favorite newbies. I like it when they make her socially awkward (like screaming Jake's name when she wanted to ask him to the Sadie Hawkins dance) and I think it's a cute quirk. Arina, I am total opposite of you when it comes to characters I enjoy. I remember you saying somewhere that the more edgy, flawed characters are interesting to you. And, yes, they are interesting.... but I find the nicer characters, the "good guys" to be very endearing. I've always had a thing for the nice ones. In fact, season one Kurt and Carson have stretched my abilities to like a less than pleasant character and corrected me on my black and white thinking. Mostly because, even under all of that snark, I see two kids with hearts of gold, especially with Kurt...and it's so nice to see him blossom into the mature young man I knew was there all along. I just have a thing for niceness.

Also, I can relate to Marley, being a shy, socially awkward "nice girl" and wallflower almost my whole life. This is still something I'm trying to overcome. I can only seem to come out of my shell through the written word (emails, message boards, stories, papers) but in person, I am a...huge wimp. A sad sack and pushover, just like her. I have so many awful real life situations my lack of a spine has gotten me into!
Haha, i definitely noticed we have totall opposite taste in characters when it comes to Glee, when it comes to smash etc. :-) So it's kinda funny we have the same favorite character on Glee, but that is probably because I definitely prefer season 1 Kurt, that was the kind of character I really enjoy although as a friend in reality I probably would't stand him and prefer the "new Kurt". But on the shows I prefer more darker, complicated characters.... in many movies I am sometimes bigger fan of the bad guy than the main character. :-) But I don't enjoy characters who are only bad without layers and without explanation.

In reality I am also shy, socialy awkward nice girl so that's maybe why I searched for characters in movies and tv shoews who are the opposite of me.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 35 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/26/2013, 3:42 am

LOL! That's awesome! My best friend and I also have opposite characters that we like...she loves Santana and I love Kurt! Likewise, she likes it when Kurt shows a little more snark, and I like it when Santana shows her softer side. It's hilarious! But it shows you how complex Kurt really is if you and I, who have opposite tastes in characters, can both love this wonderful character Kurt....he has so many different layers and aspects about his personality to love. He feels like a human being, and not a character...he has both good and bad in him, and reasons for all of these things. He's very relatable.

Darker and more complex characters are fun to think about from a psychological standpoint, for sure. What did you think of Carson from SBL?

I am slowly, but surely warming up to the appeal of the "bad" characters for sure...but I overall like the sweetness and light ones. Haha! Honestly, I think the perfect way to navigate the world would be to be somewhere in between...you know? Try to be as nice as possible to others, but bring out your inner bitch/bastard if you happen to run into jerks who want to do you harm emotionally or physically.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/26/2013, 5:58 pm

Here's an article about Glee, if it should stay or not. There's a lot of comments from fans favoring the NY side and wanting next year to drop the Lima part.
There's a poll, and you can 'like' comments or comment yourself, if you want:

Glee

Why It Should Stay:
Despite the widespread graduation panic felt by Gleeks everywhere last summer, the Fox musical successfully introduced new characters like shy underdog Marley and Puckerman 2.0 while also seguing Rachel and Kurt into their formative college years in NYC.
Why It Should Go: Some of the new characters have not been so warmly embraced (we're looking at you, Kitty) and some of the original characters like Coach Sue and Mr. Schue are now merely sad parodies of their former selves. Isn't the problem only going to be amplified when the next group of seniors graduates this spring?
tvguide
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/26/2013, 6:20 pm

i heard the klainers are working hard to fight the "haters" and trying to vote "do not cancel" to that poll. i voted to cancel, because although i love kurt and chris there's so little of him and the rest are all crap. i just don't like the show and don't see its value in continuing (aside from paying chris - but sooner or later that pay check will stop anyway).

you can vote as many times as you want. klainers sure love this show because this is the only place where they can see klaine, and klaine because of them won't ever end. for me they are intolerable now.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/26/2013, 6:31 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Here's an article about Glee, if it should stay or not. There's a lot of comments from fans favoring the NY side and wanting next year to drop the Lima part.
There's a poll, and you can 'like' comments or comment yourself, if you want:

Glee

Why It Should Stay:
Despite the widespread graduation panic felt by Gleeks everywhere last summer, the Fox musical successfully introduced new characters like shy underdog Marley and Puckerman 2.0 while also seguing Rachel and Kurt into their formative college years in NYC.
Why It Should Go: Some of the new characters have not been so warmly embraced (we're looking at you, Kitty) and some of the original characters like Coach Sue and Mr. Schue are now merely sad parodies of their former selves. Isn't the problem only going to be amplified when the next group of seniors graduates this spring?
tvguide

I voted it to be cancelled.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 2/26/2013, 6:44 pm

fantastica wrote:i heard the klainers are working hard to fight the "haters" and trying to vote "do not cancel" to that poll.
I don't get their logic. Do they honestly believe FOX will make its decision to return or cancel this show based on a few thousand votes of an easily spammable TV Guide poll? LOL, delusional people with too much time on their hands. Again Klainers vastly overestimate the size and importance of their fanbase in the grand scheme of the general audience. I also fail to see how more time to develop alternative relationships like Kadam should be an advantage for Klaine and Klainers. If anything an immediate cancellation effective to the end of the current season would help their endgame, because Kadam is basically nonexistent at this point and the writers could easily turn it into an insignificant bump in the road to a Klaine-reunion in the last few episodes.
Season five is safe anyways, let's talk about this again in another year's time.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/26/2013, 6:46 pm

I am not a Klainer, but I still enjoy the show. Despite the inane writing sometimes, and the screwed up characterizations, I voted for the show to continue. Despite everything, I do still have a soft spot for the show. It has inspired LGBT kids as well as performing arts "geeks", it saved Chris for Clovis and from giving up on his dreams, it created the wonderful character of Kurt Hummel, it re-introduces kids to "older" music and to Broadway shows. It's done alot of good. And as long as it's on, as long as Chris is on, I will continue to watch. And just because I don't like some of the writing sometimes, does not mean I want to deprive some kid somewhere of the good messages that Glee tries to convey. Yes, the show can be awful in writing terms sometimes (then again, it can still be clever and quite good)....but I'm hardly so offended by it that I feel it's the devil's show either. If there is ever a show that I don't care for on TV, I just ignore it...but I never wish for anything to be cancelled. Everything has its fans, and a cancelled show means that hundreds of people are out of work. Remember that this is Chris' main source of income. Overall, I'm still entertained by it...and I love seeing Chris Colfer/Kurt Hummel on my screen.

And, I appreciate that it has put some very talented young people into the spotlight. It has given them their big break. Despite some focus on "eye candy", it is not just about pretty, talentless people like in Baywatch and 90121. Most of these "kids" are triple threats and not all of them are model material.

Plus, if it's cancelled, we'll never get to see Kadam! Smile

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 2/26/2013, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/26/2013, 6:49 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I am not a Klainer, but I still enjoy the show. Despite the inane writing sometimes, and the screwed up characterizations, I voted for the show to continue. Despite everything, I do still have a soft spot for the show. It has inspired LGBT kids as well as performing arts "geeks", it saved Chris for Clovis and from giving up on his dreams, it created the wonderful character of Kurt Hummel, it re-introduces kids to "older" music and to Broadway shows. It's done alot of good. And as long as it's on, as long as Chris is on, I will continue to watch. And just because I don't like some of the writing sometimes, does not mean I want to deprive some kid somewhere of the good messages that Glee tries to convey. Yes, the show can be awful in writing terms sometimes (then again, it can still be clever and quite good)....but I'm hardly so offended by it that I feel it's the devil's show either. If there is ever a show that I don't care for on TV, I just ignore it...but I never wish for anything to be cancelled. Everything has its fans, and a cancelled show means that hundreds of people are out of work. Remember that this is Chris' main source of income. Overall, I'm still entertained by it...and I love seeing Chris Colfer/Kurt Hummel on my screen.

Plus, if it's cancelled, we'll never get to see Kadam! Smile

Good points. I did not think about what you posted,when I voted it to be cancelled.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/26/2013, 6:50 pm

Thank you! I added some additional thoughts in as well. Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/26/2013, 7:01 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Thank you! I added some additional thoughts in as well. Smile

You are welcome. I know it won't happen , but I wish next year Blaine would move out of the country,and only appear a few times if at all.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/26/2013, 7:05 pm

I know. In my head canon, I see him going off to perform as Prince Eric (on stilts Wink ) overseas in a European Disneyland themepark.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 2/26/2013, 7:09 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I know. In my head canon, I see him going off to perform as Prince Eric (on stilts Wink ) overseas in a European Disneyland themepark.
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 35 Tumblr_m7d20qUMkI1r350t5o3_250
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/26/2013, 7:10 pm

...What? blinkk

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 2/26/2013, 7:16 pm

Sorry, but even in an imaginary world I don't want this guy haunting the only Disneyland on my continent. Let him discover his enthusiasm for space travel and go on a mission to Neptun or something. fanny2
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/26/2013, 7:19 pm

Oh! Sorry! I didn't even realize you were from Germany until I looked at your mini profile! So, is there only one Disneyland in Europe? The one in France?! I thought there would be more.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/26/2013, 7:24 pm

Glee has a lot of faults, pandering to a vocal few, even to the detriment of storytelling is their biggest one, IMHO. But it is also very unique. We aren't going to get a show like this again. Fame was another show based in a musical school, that quickly became bogged down in drama with great singing and dancing, but few good actors (sounds familiar), that was in the 1980's. It took over 20 years for another music related show to come along, Glee, which also allows comedy, unlike Fame. Copycats aren't succeeding, see Smash's ratings. I think FOX might want to hold on to it just a little longer just for that fact. Procedurals come and go, cop shows the same. Soaps, all the people are interchangeable. Glee, warts and all, is in a class all by itself, and when it is gone, while I won't miss certain storylines, or certain characters, I will miss Glee and the possibilities that came with it.

Plus, as much as I want Chris to develop other roles, and I know I will enjoy them very much, I love the character of Kurt Hummel. I love the Burt and Kurt relationship. I love Kurt getting to show people who love going about putting people in boxes and telling to stay there that those people need to shut the hell up, open their eyes, and see that there isn't one right way to exist. You don't have to be straight, or pass for straight. That having a feminine side does not mean you are weak. So I want Glee to go on, just to see how far we get to see into Kurt's life. I hope to see some significant Kadam, yes, but am prepared to see not much at all. I hope to see Kurt show Santana that just because she is a female bitchy character, doesn't mean you can walk all over Kurt, but am prepared to see Kurt take it on the chin over and over again. I hope to see Kurt make it bigger than anyone else on the show, because he has walked the most complicated road, but am prepared for Rachel's inevitable Broadway debut instead, with him clapping in the audience. I may not get these big moments, but we will be given great Kurt moments, like the verbal bitch slapping he gave the sycophants. Every heartfelt song (sadly few) and some comic gold of averting his eyes and the strategic placing of a cereal box. Kurt deserves big moments, but Chris runs with every moment.

Chris is also young, in a system that likes men to be just a little bit older, and women to be just a little bit younger. I think sticking with Glee for another year or 2 is grand for him. More security financially. Continues to make connections, and his talent does shine. I think there are a lot of show runners who are just waiting, because he is just getting better. Chris has it better than the girls, because the Hollywood system does not support many females. You have the nubile set, the sex bomb set, and then just a couple of roles for prominent older women. I am more worried for the female actors on this show finding a future than I am the guys.

Another thing in Chris' favor is he isn't looking to play a certain type of character, like a romantic lead. He wants the quirky, he will take chances, and I think that could lead to a significantly long career. Look at Johnny Depp, started out on a television show as the hot guy, but decided to take chances, and he is still going strong over 20 years later, because he didn't just play the stud. I think Chris' great bone structure will allow him to age very well. His hair should have it's own agent, it's so perfect.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 2/26/2013, 7:33 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:So, is there only one Disneyland in Europe? The one in France?! I thought there would be more.
Yes, Disneyland Paris, the one Chris visited in January, is the only one so far. I think they purposefully situated it right in the middle of the continent, easily accessible for everyone around, so I don't think there are plans for another one.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 2/26/2013, 8:06 pm

rooots rooots to Divalicious and Heather's posts, especially this part of Divalicious's;

Plus, as much as I want Chris to develop other roles, and I know I will enjoy them very much, I love the character of Kurt Hummel. I love the Burt and Kurt relationship. I love Kurt getting to show people who love going about putting people in boxes and telling to stay there that those people need to shut the hell up, open their eyes, and see that there isn't one right way to exist. You don't have to be straight, or pass for straight. That having a feminine side does not mean you are weak. So I want Glee to go on, just to see how far we get to see into Kurt's life. I hope to see some significant Kadam, yes, but am prepared to see not much at all. I hope to see Kurt show Santana that just because she is a female bitchy character, doesn't mean you can walk all over Kurt, but am prepared to see Kurt take it on the chin over and over again. I hope to see Kurt make it bigger than anyone else on the show, because he has walked the most complicated road, but am prepared for Rachel's inevitable Broadway debut instead, with him clapping in the audience. I may not get these big moments, but we will be given great Kurt moments, like the verbal bitch slapping he gave the sycophants. Every heartfelt song (sadly few) and some comic gold of averting his eyes and the strategic placing of a cereal box. Kurt deserves big moments, but Chris runs with every moment

Agreed with every word, 100%. wub

Besides my eternal adoration of Kurt, which means I want Glee to last as long as possible if Kurt is still on my screen, I really do enjoy Glee. I complain and get upset about the show often, and I hate to quote Murphy, but for me it does come from a place of passion. I enjoy a ton of tv shows but none of them affect me the way Glee does, I'm not as intense a fan for any other show I love. I still love Glee's music, I still buy about 75% of the songs they create on Itunes, even now in Season 4. It's still one of the most original and unique shows around in concept. It's fun and different and entertaining, despite the abysmal terrible writing. I have so many great memories about Glee, from going to the Concert Tour in 2011 to posting here with all of you to my mom and I buying the first season 1 album and listening to it in the car for months to watching the pilot to seeing the show explosively blossom in popularity to all the good times watching it with my whole family. And there's just something magical about the original cast and their characters - I really do want to see Rachel Berry achieve her Broadway dreams. I want to see Finn actually find his way in life. I'd like to see Santana discover what in life makes her happiest. And I absolutely want to see the compassionate, strong-hearted Kurt become the brightest star in New York, accepted and celebrated at last.

When Glee ends/Chris is no longer on the show, of course I'll happily move on to whatever Chris does next. But I'll truly miss Kurt. I'll miss enjoying the music. If Smash isn't still around, I'll miss the musical show format. So I voted to keep the show going. neutre
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/26/2013, 8:19 pm

ColferGirl wrote: rooots rooots to Divalicious and Heather's posts, especially this part of Divalicious's;

Plus, as much as I want Chris to develop other roles, and I know I will enjoy them very much, I love the character of Kurt Hummel. I love the Burt and Kurt relationship. I love Kurt getting to show people who love going about putting people in boxes and telling to stay there that those people need to shut the hell up, open their eyes, and see that there isn't one right way to exist. You don't have to be straight, or pass for straight. That having a feminine side does not mean you are weak. So I want Glee to go on, just to see how far we get to see into Kurt's life. I hope to see some significant Kadam, yes, but am prepared to see not much at all. I hope to see Kurt show Santana that just because she is a female bitchy character, doesn't mean you can walk all over Kurt, but am prepared to see Kurt take it on the chin over and over again. I hope to see Kurt make it bigger than anyone else on the show, because he has walked the most complicated road, but am prepared for Rachel's inevitable Broadway debut instead, with him clapping in the audience. I may not get these big moments, but we will be given great Kurt moments, like the verbal bitch slapping he gave the sycophants. Every heartfelt song (sadly few) and some comic gold of averting his eyes and the strategic placing of a cereal box. Kurt deserves big moments, but Chris runs with every moment

Agreed with every word, 100%. wub

Besides my eternal adoration of Kurt, which means I want Glee to last as long as possible if Kurt is still on my screen, I really do enjoy Glee. I complain and get upset about the show often, and I hate to quote Murphy, but for me it does come from a place of passion. I enjoy a ton of tv shows but none of them affect me the way Glee does, I'm not as intense a fan for any other show I love. I still love Glee's music, I still buy about 75% of the songs they create on Itunes, even now in Season 4. It's still one of the most original and unique shows around in concept. It's fun and different and entertaining, despite the abysmal terrible writing. I have so many great memories about Glee, from going to the Concert Tour in 2011 to posting here with all of you to my mom and I buying the first season 1 album and listening to it in the car for months to watching the pilot to seeing the show explosively blossom in popularity to all the good times watching it with my whole family. And there's just something magical about the original cast and their characters - I really do want to see Rachel Berry achieve her Broadway dreams. I want to see Finn actually find his way in life. I'd like to see Santana discover what in life makes her happiest. And I absolutely want to see the compassionate, strong-hearted Kurt become the brightest star in New York, accepted and celebrated at last.

When Glee ends/Chris is no longer on the show, of course I'll happily move on to whatever Chris does next. But I'll truly miss Kurt. I'll miss enjoying the music. If Smash isn't still around, I'll miss the musical show format. So I voted to keep the show going. neutre

That was just beautiful, especially the line about Kurt. crycry

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/26/2013, 8:29 pm

ColferGirl wrote:... I really do want to see Rachel Berry achieve her Broadway dreams. I want to see Finn actually find his way in life. I'd like to see Santana discover what in life makes her happiest. And I absolutely want to see the compassionate, strong-hearted Kurt become the brightest star in New York, accepted and celebrated at last.

Like this Smile. And is what is been said for weeks, at the end are the characters who attach people to this messy show.

OT: Smash is still on TV? I don't see many news about it.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/26/2013, 8:33 pm

Agreed. We fell in love with these characters we've watched grow up.

Smash is still on. The only news it creates has to do with now bad the ratings are. If you (the general you) think that Glee's ratings are tanking, look at Smash. Those ratings are REALLY bad.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/26/2013, 8:47 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Thank you! I added some additional thoughts in as well. Smile

You are welcome. I know it won't happen , but I wish next year Blaine would move out of the country,and only appear a few times if at all.

i love that!!!!!! it would be even better if he becomes an astronaut and goes to the outter space!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/26/2013, 8:50 pm

oh poor Smash! it sure got smashed in the ratings. hubby watches it religiously but i haven't watched a single episode this year. i think i need to take a break from all this singing and dancing show.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/26/2013, 8:50 pm

Agree. He can name the moon after himself.

You've got to admit, musicals are fun! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 2/26/2013, 8:58 pm

fantastica wrote:i love that!!!!!! it would be even better if he becomes an astronaut and goes to the outter space!
Hello kindred spirit!
He could easily fit into the smallest space capsule. That's a plus! Razz

And awesome posts, Divalicious and ColferGirl! I really love your enthusiasm and positivity! neutre I hope some of these positive developments for Kurt will actually happen on the show, so we all won't look back angry and bitter once it is cancelled. Because the past three and a half seasons indicate that something like Kurt becoming the brightest star in NY is unlikely to happen. Rachel and Blaine will always be the first who'll get the star treatment while Kurt gets stuck with misfortune, insults and terminally ill parents. I'm afraid that with Blaine in the picture there could be no room for a second male music-related success-story on Glee. As always Blaine will follow in Kurt's footsteps and will succeed where Kurt failed. I really hope the show will prove my fears wrong. unsure

glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next