Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

+39
azure
tamara04
MissSoniaPP
opals
Ranwing
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
kac
valkeakuulas
BlueJazz
Divalicious
M&M
sheny
fountain
msjoanlucette
Buenos
Dame Loli
red texta
paulopf
E-ko
Sani
ry_kurtsie
sahhar
CCfan93
Shinra17
Emile
arina
fantastica
Delight
ColferInspired
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
brisallie
Coolbeans3131
tanita_mors
Struck by Lightning
Glorfindel
Vir Cotto
Jellyrolls
43 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

Post  arina 6/29/2012, 4:04 am

First character that you liked: I don't remember, maybe Will and Finn? And the first character that made me google the actor was April, but I watched the whole thing within like five days so it didn't take very long to google Kurt as well.

Characters that you didn't like at first but started to grow on you after some time:
Probably Quinn and Sue, but I am this weird kind of person that I liked almost every character from the beginning and I still do (the original ones) although the writing is often very terrible...

Characters that you hate:
I don't hate any character but my least favorite character is Blaine. I am not very fond on some other "new characters" either but they don't get the screentime Blaine does, and the fact that this character with no personality is so attached to my favorite character doesn't help

Best platonic relationships:
Kurt/Finn, Kurt/Mercedes, Sue/Becky, Puck/Finn, Sue/Will, Kurt and Rachel during time when they're weren't forced best friends ("We all know that I'm more popular than Rachel and I dress better than her" times)

Worst platonic relationships: I agree what Colfergirl wrote about Rachel and Quinn.

Romantic pairings which you can't stand: Klaine...,well and Britanna seems rather forced to me, and Joe and Quinn

Romantic pairings which you like: Finchel, Wemma, Barole, Berry dads

Most memorable musical performances: these are many, for example: My Life Would Suck Without You, Don't Stop Believing (Pilot), Alone, Maybe This Time, Proud Mary, Imagine, IWHYH, Rose's turn, Run Joey Run, Bad Romance, One Of Us, Journey medley, Happy days/Get Happy, Rumor Has It / Somebody Like You, Rived Deep, Mountain High...

Most WTF musical performances: Dinosaur, It's Not Right But It's Okay

Best moment in each season:

S1- Every Kurt and Burt scene, Kurt coming out to Mercedes...
S2- final hospital scene in Grilled Cheesus, the Klaine kiss...
S3- Not the boy next door and the praising afterwards, Kurt't faces during Red Solo cup

These are very influenced by the fact that my favorite character is Kurt. But I have many favorite scenes not including Kurt as well.

Worst moment in each season:

S1 - fake pregnancy storyline
S2 - When I thought there were too much of Warblers and they were still continuing singing, ruining every Tina's song with crying
S3 - Blaine transferring to McKinley, Kurt missing in all the "Bro scenes" and then thanking the boys, "I didn't get in" as last words from Kurt in the final episode

Favorite casts besides Chris: I like all the original cast members + few others. But the most I like probably Cory, Kevin, Jenna, Amber, Dianna and Lea

Least favorite casts:
They all seem likable to me.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

Post  Glorfindel 6/29/2012, 5:31 am

fantastica wrote:One question to ALL of you guys: I am really curious - if we had a crystal ball to know the result of S3 finale, would you, at this time last year, be willing to watch S3 at all?

My answer is yes, because I just want to see Chris on my screen, whether he plays a gay student or a gangster/murderer.
My answer is yes too, but only with alcohol, lots of alcohol. vomit2

OTOH: maybe it would have been better if we had known the result beforehand. Then we wouldn't have allowed to get our hopes up so much, only to plummet into the abbys in the finale. crycry

God, I hate RIB. tronco
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/29/2012, 6:01 am

fantastica wrote:i don't see anything wrong w/ that Cory said. He plays Finn so of course he will root for his character. what did you guys expect him to say? also he's employed by the show, like Chris.
Hum... may be something slightly less pretentious than hoping being a legend.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/29/2012, 6:43 am

fantastica wrote:
One question to ALL of you guys: I am really curious - if we had a crystal ball to know the result of S3 finale, would you, at this time last year, be willing to watch S3 at all?

Yeah, I guess, since I really enjoy Chris' presence on my screen. However, I'll definitely watch it without being emotionally invested in Kurt's storylines, so that I won't be affected by whether he became a psycho, stripper or fashion student.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/29/2012, 7:22 am

Shinra17 wrote:
fantastica wrote:i don't see anything wrong w/ that Cory said. He plays Finn so of course he will root for his character. what did you guys expect him to say? also he's employed by the show, like Chris.
My problem too. I have no beef with people selling crap. It's their job and they are paid a lot of money for it. But lay of the superlatives about Finchel, Cory. They aren't even close to a simply widely beloved couple, let a alone a legendary one.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 6/29/2012, 7:34 am

First character that you liked: Kurt Hummel
Characters that you didn't like at first but started to grow on you after some time : Puck, Lauren, Sebastian
Characters that you dislike: Blaine, Will, Tina
Best platonic relationships : Kurt/Burt, Furt, Kurtcedes
Worst platonic relationships: Faberry
Romantic pairings which you can't stand: Klaine, Finchel, Wemma, Brittana, Tike, so pretty much every canon relationship on the show Razz
Romantic pairings which you like: Burt/Carole
Most memorable musical performances: Rose's Turn, I Wanna Hold Your Hand, Rumor Has It/Someone Like You
Most WTF musical performances: Fighter, Somebody that I Used To Know, Red Solo Cup
Best moment in each season :
S1 - Kurt coming out to his dad, Single Ladies dance
S2 - Le Jazz Hot
S3 - Not The Boy Next Door, the snark between Kurt and Sebastian

Worst moment in each season :
S3 - Skank Quinn, "I didn't get in"
Favorite casts besides Chris: Amber, Cory, Kevin, Grant
Least favorite casts: Don't really dislike any of them but i don't care about Darren or Lea.
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/29/2012, 9:36 am

tanita_mors wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:
My problem too. I have no beef with people selling crap. It's their job and they are paid a lot of money for it. But lay of the superlatives about Finchel, Cory. They aren't even close to a simply widely beloved couple, let a alone a legendary one.
But Cory is in luuuuuuuuuv with Lea, of course he thinks their characters' romance is eternal and legendary.

Yeah, I don't buy it either. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/29/2012, 11:17 am

fantastica wrote:One question to ALL of you guys: I am really curious - if we had a crystal ball to know the result of S3 finale, would you, at this time last year, be willing to watch S3 at all?

My answer is yes, because I just want to see Chris on my screen, whether he plays a gay student or a gangster/murderer.
Eh, yes. ): I mean, Glee is not the worst show in the world, or the only one that treats characters like crap, so I'll probably watch it anyway because of Chris. But I'll probably watch it after a psychological preparation to not caring about anything, (and no coffee, ehhhh).
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/29/2012, 11:37 am

Glorfindel wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:
But Cory is in luuuuuuuuuv with Lea, of course he thinks their characters' romance is eternal and legendary.

Yeah, I don't buy it either. fanny2

We know that but how long it will last that romance? To be honest I'm still debating if that romance is real, which I think it could be but other times I think is only publicity. Sorry Cory and Lea.

Emile wrote:

Eh, yes. ): I mean, Glee is not the worst show in the world, or the only one that treats characters like crap, so I'll probably watch it anyway because of Chris. But I'll probably watch it after a psychological preparation to not caring about anything, (and no coffee, ehhhh).

You know Emile, I'd would watch Glee too despite all what happened but is gonna be ONLY for Chris so as Polly Berger said once " I'll see only the episodes where he's on it" Smile also as you have pointed, first I need a psychological preparation to not suffer a rage attack lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 6/29/2012, 1:38 pm

fantastica wrote:

One question to ALL of you guys: I am really curious - if we had a crystal ball to know the result of S3 finale, would you, at this time last year, be willing to watch S3 at all?

Yes, definitely. Knowing before hand that Kurt would get screwed over in every single thing we had hoped for him would have lessened the devastating blow considerably. It was the shock of that rejection letter that made it so devastating to me (then adding it to all the other awful things that happened in the season is what's made it so hard to let go and keeps reeling us all back into rage or depression.) But if I'd known from the beginning things were going to suck, I would have been hardened to it and prepared for it, and it'd hurt less. Still hurt, and I'd still want the writers to fix it in season 4 somehow - and they better - but hurt very much less. I, and most of us, wouldn't have spent all that time hoping it would get better after each disappointment, only to be disappointed again. We'd already know it wouldn't get better. Having that hope snatched from me over and over is what crushed me most, especially the NYADA rejection, which seemed like such a for sure thing after his audition.

It's true that I watch Glee mainly for Kurt/Chris, and when he leaves the show for good I'll follow him, but I also really enjoy Glee on a general and conceptual level too. I love the music. I love the musical numbers. Glee's a crazy, nonsensical maelstrom of color and sound and energy that other shows I watch can't or don't want to match, nor should they; Glee's unique, and its amazing moments still shine through its loads of crappiness. For all the fandom's complaints, Glee really has helped or saved so many lives, mine included; I never thought twice about the struggles of LGBT people before I watched Glee, and now I really really care, and deeply. I also generally like or really like most of the characters, and I usually enjoy their storylines to some extent, even if Kurt's are the ones I enjoy the most and which stick in my mind more.

It's a form of masochism to be a Glee fan, and yet, a Gleek I definitely am. For better or worse.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  E-ko 6/29/2012, 4:57 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Oh, I liked Bartie too. Brittany had no prejudgement about Artie being in a wheelchair whatsoever, because she doesn think any further. Artie took very good care of Brittany, and even though he tricked her a couple of times (with the magic comb and Santa Claus) he did it because he understood how Brittany works with that muddled brain of her, and he never did it to hurt her, only help her. Of course: I know that in real life that would be all wrong and messy, but I liked their dynamic. neutre
Ha, yes, this. The infantilization of Brittany was/is a problem for me (but then again I also have a problem with secret-genius!Brittany, she's a hard character to stan, I imagine), but on the whole I like that they were so... laid-back, I suppose. Looking back I also think they have one of the best break-ups of any Glee couple. I liked that they had Brittany just be honest and say that he crossed a line for her, and while he was sweetly persistent he didn't make much of a fuss when it was over. The look they share when Artie gets back to the Prom during Prom Queen is one of the best shippy-turned-friendshippy things Glee has done, IMHO.

It also helps that Kevin and Heather are both not especially strong actors so they're not dragging one another in any way, lol.

fantastica wrote:i somewhat like a lot of fringe comedic characters: Figgy leads the pack, and that extremely short dance coach they tried to get from VA. also that Azimio guy is pretty funny. Jewfro (ben Isreal or something?) - yes he's annoying but strangely I miss him. These fringe characters are fun to have around, but they are sorely missing in S3. Instead S3 goes all bananas on insults-based comedy routines, which I hate. We need someone who is very weird looking, not all handsome.
One of the worst mistakes Glee made, IMHO, was doing away with so many of their obvious joke-characters. Jacob Ben Israel, Sandy Ryerson, Terri & Kendra (my faves, lol), even the one-offs like the dance coach you mentioned filled the gap in the Glee universe that just wants to be absolute satire and absolutely mean. With the characters who are suited for it gone, they keep on 'mean-ifying' their kid and/or 'inspirational' characters for that same bite only to have them be sappy and insist on their non-existent family-ties the next. It just grates horribly and makes the show and the characters very polarizing, I think.

I wasn't planning on watching any of S3 last year, tbh, and I've only caught bits and pieces and a full episode here or there, so I'm not too sure if you also meant me, lol. I guess, judging from the answers so far and the things I've seen from other haunts, I'm the rare breed of Chris-stan who really doesn't feel any need to see him on my screen every week. I'm sort of a metaphorical camel that way, where Chris=water! Smile (That sounds weird.)

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/29/2012, 5:25 pm

No matter how much I sometimes rant and get frustrated about Glee I would have watched it even if I'd know. Glee is actually the only show I spent inordenate amount of time getting my hands on ie. use the unofficial channels to get an episode after it's aired.

My logic about the episodes and Glee is this: if spoilers promise a lot of Kurt then I'm a bit miffed if I have to go to work on wednesday morning since I have to wait for my episode until the evening or night depending on the network speed. Kurt and maybe Finn and Barole are the only reason I watch Glee and I tend to hype over Glee and feel like a weirdo around my friends because no one understands.

S3 was an interesting watching experience because the very first episodes until around Michael I watched without fastforward, after Michael I started to watch selectively and rewatching an episode while it was still fresh became rare. Saturday Night Glee-ver was the one that made me furious and Dance With Somebody was extremely difficult because of my own issues and objectively thinking I should have cut back a little of my Glee enthusiasm by then but DAMN this little things called charisma and Colfer: I just could not give up.

But long thing short, I would have watched but maybe not be so invested and perhaps watched over reading a book or doing something more productive.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 6/29/2012, 9:09 pm

If I knew at the beginning of the season?

Nope. Probably not.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 6/29/2012, 11:50 pm

I would have watched, but as Colfergirl stated, it would have blunted the pain to know how crappy it was going to be. That is why I am so happy about working on Thursdays. I will check the board at work (on my break of course) and then be prepared to FF or watch Friday morning before I go to work. It takes a lot of surprises away, but lately the surprises have only been the bad kind, and those I don't mind missing out on.

I've rewatched little of Season 3, and most of that is FF to Kurt's scenes, and moving on, I watch a few singing/dancing performances, but otherwise don't have anything else of other characters I am really drawn to. I dislike Troubletones, even if I acknowledge they sang great, but the attitude that got them the gig spoils it for me every time. Lots of Rachel songs, and they sound pretty much the same anymore, moving on. Sexy and fierce dance number of Brittney, nope, sure she is fierce, but I've never gotten the love of dance that Harry Shum puts out there, he is having fun, Heather is kicking someone's ass.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/30/2012, 12:32 am

Umm By curiosity I would, because I need to find out how it was possible that ending Shocked but by other side I would feel I'm wasting my time and energy supporting an aim that at the end it gonna be a crap.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  E-ko 6/30/2012, 7:51 am

Divalicious wrote:Sexy and fierce dance number of Brittney, nope, sure she is fierce, but I've never gotten the love of dance that Harry Shum puts out there, he is having fun, Heather is kicking someone's ass.
Wow, this is so accurate. I never thought of it that way, but yeah, lol!

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/30/2012, 8:33 am

E-ko wrote:
Divalicious wrote:Sexy and fierce dance number of Brittney, nope, sure she is fierce, but I've never gotten the love of dance that Harry Shum puts out there, he is having fun, Heather is kicking someone's ass.
Wow, this is so accurate. I never thought of it that way, but yeah, lol!

It does look that way, especially in her 'Dinosaur' performance.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/2/2012, 3:29 pm

We know that but how long it will last that romance? To be honest I'm still debating if that romance is real, which I think it could be but other times I think is only publicity. Sorry Cory and Lea.

Cory seems a pretty grounded person and far from a publicity whore. I would give him the BOD, since it seems actors/costars getting romantically entangled seems pretty common in the business, or with any people working together.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/8/2012, 6:33 am

I don't know if you guys saw this, but:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 21 Tumblr_m6m628N5eM1qkarmv

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 21 Tumblr_m6m63b8biA1qkarmv

X
ptdr
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/8/2012, 7:52 am

^ Oooooh. BURN.

It is funny, though Razz
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/8/2012, 2:01 pm

Emile wrote:I don't know if you guys saw this, but:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 21 Tumblr_m6m628N5eM1qkarmv

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 21 Tumblr_m6m63b8biA1qkarmv

X
ptdr

ptdr Is this serious? Poor Damian!
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 7/9/2012, 12:34 pm

For people who are interested in asking Kurt-related questions for comic-con:

Since we all know that Ausiello is the moderator for the event, some said that it's best to send him your question. You can email him at askausiello@tvline.com, and please put Glee Panel in the subject line of the email since he requested it neutre

Does anyone here has any questions about S4? Tbh, I don't have the heart and energy to think of S4 anymore.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/9/2012, 3:05 pm

Ok I was voting in the TUBEY AWARDS and in this category Glee is named several times Razz

Most Ludicrous Plotline

Burt Hummell wins a Congressional seat by a landslide (Glee)
Finchel engagement (Glee)
Just a few days after being able to walk, Quinn can do cheographed dances at Nationals with no issue (Glee)
None of the students find out if they got into college until graduation day (Glee)
Quinn tries to get her baby back from Shelby (Glee)
Rachel bombs her audition, but still gets into her dream school (Glee)
Sebastian injures Blaine but is not disciplined by his zero-tolerance-for-bullying prep school (Glee)
Sue is pregnant (Glee)
Will Schuester suddenly doesn't know Spanish despite teaching it for years (Glee)
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 7/11/2012, 7:30 am

Speaking of Tubey Awards, I just noticed that there're a few more categories that we could vote for:

Best Family Relationship: Kurt & Finn (Sorry, Glee, I didn't vote for that)
Best Musical Moment on a Scripted Show: NTBND
Worst Single Episode - Comedy: There're quite a lot to pick
Most Cringeworthy Moment: Tina tells Rachel that she deserves every solo
Most Ludicrous Plotline : Rachel getting into NYADA after screwing up her audition

Am I the only one that find it odd that Chris wasn't nominated in "Favorite Actor" category? humhum

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 7/11/2012, 7:37 am

BlueJazz wrote:
Am I the only one that find it odd that Chris wasn't nominated in "Favorite Actor" category? humhum
He wasn't? i could have sworn i voted for him in that category or was it in "favorite character"...
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next