Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

+39
azure
tamara04
MissSoniaPP
opals
Ranwing
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
kac
valkeakuulas
BlueJazz
Divalicious
M&M
sheny
fountain
msjoanlucette
Buenos
Dame Loli
red texta
paulopf
E-ko
Sani
ry_kurtsie
sahhar
CCfan93
Shinra17
Emile
arina
fantastica
Delight
ColferInspired
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
brisallie
Coolbeans3131
tanita_mors
Struck by Lightning
Glorfindel
Vir Cotto
Jellyrolls
43 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 22 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

Post  Jellyrolls 7/11/2012, 9:34 am

BlueJazz wrote:Speaking of Tubey Awards, I just noticed that there're a few more categories that we could vote for:

Best Family Relationship: Kurt & Finn (Sorry, Glee, I didn't vote for that)
Best Musical Moment on a Scripted Show: NTBND
Worst Single Episode - Comedy: There're quite a lot to pick
Most Cringeworthy Moment: Tina tells Rachel that she deserves every solo
Most Ludicrous Plotline : Rachel getting into NYADA after screwing up her audition

Am I the only one that find it odd that Chris wasn't nominated in "Favorite Actor" category? humhum

I would say this bolded would be more appropriate if it was called "Best potential family relationship that is mostly ignored by the dumbass writers of a crappy TV show that once was really really good and fresh."
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 22 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

Post  valkeakuulas 7/11/2012, 10:42 am

To be fair there were not any regular Glee guys in the Favorite Actor category, not even DC, but Heather Morris in favorite actress side along with Lea and Jane? I didn't know Heather was so liked/revered, or is she? All of the choices are weird so maybe it's the wide net they are trying to throw around for the preliminaries. And some of them are really funny, like Blaine's entire wardrobe being the worst crime against fashion nominee and Kurt's one-sided poncho Laughing These people do notice some things in the TV world.

But I liked Finn's awkward dance during Loveshack, it's supposed to be awkward. moque And Glee should winn/get nominated in every single WTF storyline opitions they found for this one...
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 7/12/2012, 2:09 am

Sani wrote:
BlueJazz wrote:
Am I the only one that find it odd that Chris wasn't nominated in "Favorite Actor" category? humhum
He wasn't? i could have sworn i voted for him in that category or was it in "favorite character"...

They are changing categories every week. So, you can vote for these new categories and come back next week for more. I wasn't able to vote for:Least Favorite Character: Blaine (Glee) or Most Annoying Teenaged Character: Blaine (Glee) (Darn it!)
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 7/12/2012, 6:56 am

bayth wrote:
Sani wrote:
BlueJazz wrote:
He wasn't? i could have sworn i voted for him in that category or was it in "favorite character"...

They are changing categories every week. So, you can vote for these new categories and come back next week for more. I wasn't able to vote for:Least Favorite Character: Blaine (Glee) or Most Annoying Teenaged Character: Blaine (Glee) (Darn it!)
I didn't know that, thanks neutre

Welcome Eaton!!
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/16/2012, 9:10 pm

Saw this on ontd_glee in a comment:

Brittany : won class president

Tina: lead/solo in competition

Blaine: won lead in musical, lead/solo in competitions,

Santana, lead in musical, lead/solo in competitions, scholarship to Louiville, head cheerleader,

Mike: leading part in musical, lead/solo in competitions, accepted to Joffrey

Mercedes, lead/solos in competition, gig as backup singer in indie band in LA

Finn: lead/solo in competitions including Nationals, Prom King, decided to join army

Rachel: Prom Queen, lead/solo in competitions including Nationals, accepted to NYADA, lead in school musical, special snowflake in canon..

Kurt: zero lead/solos in competition, lost WSS audition and had non singing, non dancing role, lost school president to an idiot, lost his cherry to Blaine...

That about covers it.
I fixed some mistakes from the originals because he/she mixed real actor's names w/ characters'. anyway, just to rub some salt onto our wounds. I am evil you know. fanny2

ok did Kurt have any cherry to lose? I mean he's a boy... maybe banana?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/16/2012, 9:51 pm

The poster pretty much summed it up. Kurt was the only New Directions kids whose consistent theme was losing:

I would have added:

Quinn, gets into Yale, wins Prom Queen but hands it to Rachel
Artie: Lead/solo in competition, director of successful musical, director of Christmas special
Puck; accomplishes goal of graduating from High School.

Rory, Joe and Sam didn't actually *lose* anything during the year..secondary characters that they were
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/17/2012, 2:36 am

fantastica wrote:Saw this on ontd_glee in a comment:

Brittany : won class president

Tina: lead/solo in competition

Blaine: won lead in musical, lead/solo in competitions,

Santana, lead in musical, lead/solo in competitions, scholarship to Louiville, head cheerleader,

Mike: leading part in musical, lead/solo in competitions, accepted to Joffrey

Mercedes, lead/solos in competition, gig as backup singer in indie band in LA

Finn: lead/solo in competitions including Nationals, Prom King, decided to join army

Rachel: Prom Queen, lead/solo in competitions including Nationals, accepted to NYADA, lead in school musical, special snowflake in canon..

Kurt: zero lead/solos in competition, lost WSS audition and had non singing, non dancing role, lost school president to an idiot, lost his cherry to Blaine...

That about covers it.
I fixed some mistakes from the originals because he/she mixed real actor's names w/ characters'. anyway, just to rub some salt onto our wounds. I am evil you know. fanny2

Yeeaooouuch.... That really hurts. What have we done to deserve this? crycry

The person who wrote this forgot to add 'rejected by NYADA' in that long list of Kurt's losses/failures in S3.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/18/2012, 11:08 pm

This is really funny: the tweeter is the senior editor of AfterEllen, and this is what she said after seeing a bunch of pictures from writers' rooms (from shows such as Lost, Bones, etc., and then Glee):
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 22 QXYw3

All the writer's rooms pictures are here: http://www.flavorwire.com/308864/peek-inside-10-of-tvs-writers-rooms

hay, who needs character development?! RM wants the cast to play themselves anyway, because the writers don't know anything about character development.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/18/2012, 11:23 pm

Well, if they wrote on the walls and kept charts, graphs, and notes it might mess up there "Screw continuity and character development policy."

This is the list of requirements for a successful glee episode:

1. Make Rachel talk about how important Glee is, and how much better she is than everyone else
2. Make Finn look like an oaf (bonus cash each time Finn uses the word awesome)
3. Blaine sings and America swoons
4. Kurt cries or has something bad happen to him (bonus cash for making Kurt cry as the result of something bad happening to him).
5. Finchel makes out
6. Brittany mumbles something unintelligible (please note this does not have to be actually words since no one will understand what the hell she says anyways)
7. Blaine sings again, and America swoons and poops their pants
8. Finchel duet followed by a three minute montage of Finchel making out
9. Insert the 10 winners of the Glee Project two.
10. Forget Tina exists (bonus cash if you can get her to play dead).
11. Emma washes her hands and scrubs her fruit while Will points out that she has a song
12. Rachel sings a booming song
13Blaine sings again while Kurt swoons, along with America, who also poops their pants, and drinks the Kool Aid
14. Insert those other cast members who we are paying money for, but don't make their stories memorable, important, or last for more than two episodes (p.s. don't forget to remember that Tina does not exist).
15. Finchel makes out while Blaine sings, and Kurt and America swoon

Lather Rinse Repeat
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/18/2012, 11:36 pm

^ but you are still watching... Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/19/2012, 7:20 am

I blame that on Chris. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be watching the show.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 7/19/2012, 9:50 am

^Sigh, Chris. The things I do for you. *facepalm*

Pics of Glee writers' room for people who are lazy to click that link:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 22 Glee

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 22 Tumblr_m7dga2mK421qig9yw

For comparison:

Arrested Development

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 22 Arrested-Development

“Remedial Chaos” board in Community writers’ room

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 22 Community

Has anyone watched that Community ep? It's pretty interesting and the idea is just pure genius . Sigh, such creativity wub wub When will Glee? saispa

There're more pics and videos of writers' room for other shows (House, Bones etc). Please click the link in Kim's post if you're interested.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/19/2012, 10:37 am

Well, the poor writing certainly is impacting the show - not a single Emmy nomination this year for either the show or any of the actors. Not too surprising considering that a lot of critics panned season 3.

I'm really torn about my feelings right now. I want to enjoy seeing Chris on my television every week so I don't want to see him quit or the show get canceled, but at the same time he's got so much going for him outside of Glee (probably more than any other actor on the show at this stage) that I don't want Glee's crap writing to hold him back or hurt his prospects.

Come on writers! Get it in gear! sadica Plot out your season so that you have some idea of where you're going instead of just tossing papers in the air and see where they land. With so many storylines in different settings, it's critical at this stage that they keep track of what is happening to who and when.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/19/2012, 11:37 am

^ It's only critical for them to keep track of whose song is in the top 10. there's no need for character development when the show is literally a fancy kareoke program.

now talking about inconsistencies, glee is actually quite consistent so there's no need for wall charts to remind them:

- kurt never wins.
- Bieste always eats giant birds.
- finchell chew each others' face every 5 minutes
- blaine sings like a monkey and america swoons every time.
- rachel always gets praised and reminded that she is the next barbara.
- blah blah blah... (too sick and tired of repeating this crap every 10 posts)

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/19/2012, 12:06 pm

The writers really did most of the major characters a real disservice with how their storylines were conducted this season that even though some won more often than not, no one came out looking great.

Kurt - his storyline is self-explanatory. He loses everything he tries to accomplish and even when he sort of wins, he doesn't get to celebrate because focus has to shift to whatever drama Rachel is undergoing at that given moment.

Blaine - got turned into a human jukebox for most of the season. He got to sing a great deal but got almost no character development up until Big Brother (15 eps into the season) which basically became a characterization dump (as well as a solo dump). Then he goes right back to being ignored except as a plot device in Kurt's story. I can understand his fans being frustrated by that.

Klaine - Once they had sex, that was it for real physical inteaction for the season. Can't kiss, can't touch in the rehersal room and critical scenes for their realtionship ended up on the cutting room floor.

Rachel - After Choke, she was turned into the tragic St. Rachel of the Special Snowflake that had to be heaped with accolaides to make up for the fact that she failed her audition. The show wanted to end with her triumphant arrival in NY, so suddenly all the other characters on the show had to be given lobotomies to engineer her arrival. Thus she got what she wanted, but it comes across as contrived and unearned. Even stans who wanted nothing more than to see her away from Finn and in NY were not happy with how it was done.

Finn - Started off with a real dilemma. Not good enough to play college football and has no other direction in life. Gets wasted in trying to fit in with Rachel's fantasy of being in NY and fighting the reality that he's on his way to being Mr. Rachel Berry. Finally breaks free in the finale. I know a lot of viewers see him as setting Rachel free, but I think it's more signifigant that he's setting himself free. Now he can find his own direction instead of trying to fit in with hers.

Finchel - The engagement storyline. vomir

Santana - Being outed by Finn treated as if she was being done a favor and given no agency in her own story. Then we get the weak graduation storyline where an intelligent, driven girl who felt strongly enough about her education to call out Schu on being the crap teacher that he is studdenly is without direction and wants to be a Kardashian.

Brittany - was there anything in her storyline that made any sense at all outside of the fact that she didn't graduate?

I could go on and on, but the whole season was a mess for every single character and no one important came out looking good. When I'm not happy (or at least satisfied) with how none of the major charcters ended the season, it's clear that the writers had no coherant plan from start to finish on how things would lay out.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/19/2012, 12:14 pm

It's rather telling that the lack of Ryan and Brad is now more evident then ever. I mean their new show which I'm sure was in development stages when season 2 and 3 of Glee was being made scored big. It's obvious where all the creating energy and investment went. I feel they have been involved in Glee more because they have to then because they want to. They can't ran two shows successfully. One will suffer and it's Glee. The material has been just awful this year. Unimaginative, repetitive, half baked, lacked continuity and proper character development. This is the biggest and probably the last yellow light the show is going to get before a full stop red one comes on.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/19/2012, 12:17 pm

Glee is the reason Chris had door opened for "SBL" and "The land of Stories" IMO. The show gave him a platform . The show gives him visibility, buzz and financial security and I think while the story lines suck he makes his character Kurt memorable with his acting.

While I don't like Glee's quality, I think it benefits Chris to be in a hit show and I can see the show going on for 5 to 7 seasons, with Chris in it.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/19/2012, 12:23 pm

I think what killed Glee as we knew it, was the fact that is stopped being just a tv show. Instead, they NEED to be socially relevent and preach everything and doing it wrong half the time, they NEED to honor some music star and make a tribute every time they run out of ideas, they apparently NEEDED a reality show that results in bringing people on the show who not only aren't talented actors, they aren't actors at all for the most part. The tv show quality simply got lost in all the other shit the show wanted to be a part of. They did all these things TOO MUCH and all the other stuff that is kind of crucial for a successful tv show, TOO FUCKING LITTLE.

Last edited by tanita_mors on 7/19/2012, 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/19/2012, 12:23 pm

Ranwing wrote:Blaine - got turned into a human jukebox for most of the season. He got to sing a great deal but got almost no character development up until Big Brother (15 eps into the season) which basically became a characterization dump (as well as a solo dump). Then he goes right back to being ignored except as a plot device in Kurt's story. I can understand his fans being frustrated by that.

i don't think blaine's "development" in Big Brother is a real development. sure it told a bit of his back story about his relationship w/ his brother, but the story is inserted into the series like it doesn't matter. you see usually a backstory will help explaine a part of a person's personality, or characterization. blaine's characterization has been "hot", "teenage dream" etc. the backstory would be very useful if they portray blaine as a vulnerable person who hates to live in somebody's shadows - say he and kurt had some big conflict before and blaine has issue w/ his self-confidence. but the blaine that has always been portrayed is always confident - never a self doubt. His backstory simply doesn't blend into his current personalities. It's just a stunt casting episode and all the backstori are so out of character and out of nowhere. apparently except "hot" and "swoonable" the writers have no idea how to write blaine. whatever story they throw at him won't stick. in fact that same story can go to Puck or Dreads or any other character, or even a girl.

Last edited by fantastica on 7/19/2012, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the quote)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/19/2012, 12:28 pm

Buenos wrote:Glee is the reason Chris had door opened for "SBL" and "The land of Stories" IMO. The show gave him a platform . The show gives him visibility, buzz and financial security and I think while the story lines suck he makes his character Kurt memorable with his acting.

THIS

tanita_mors wrote:I think what killed Glee as we knew it, was the fact that is stopped being just a tv show. Instead, they NEED to be socially relevent and preach everything and doing it wrong half the time, they NEED to honor some music star and make a tribute every time they run out of ideas, they apparently NEEDED a reality show that results in bringing people on the show who not only aren't talented actors, they aren't actors at all for the most part. The tv show quality simply got lost in all the other shit the show wanted to be a part of.

I think their use of socially preachy messages are not an original design, but rather to ride the wave of whatever that's hot in the media and being totally opportunist. It helps w/ the buzz and being a show on the air is all about buzz, not much about quality anymore.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/19/2012, 2:07 pm

i don't think blaine's "development" in Big Brother is a real development. sure it told a bit of his back story about his relationship w/ his brother, but the story is inserted into the series like it doesn't matter. you see usually a backstory will help explaine a part of a person's personality, or characterization. blaine's characterization has been "hot", "teenage dream" etc. the backstory would be very useful if they portray blaine as a vulnerable person who hates to live in somebody's shadows - say he and kurt had some big conflict before and blaine has issue w/ his self-confidence. but the blaine that has always been portrayed is always confident - never a self doubt

Matt Bomer was very entertaining, but it was a showcase for a guest star in the way that Gwyneth Paltrow's was. It had nothing to do with Blaine's character and actually had the opposite effect, made Blaine look petty and trivial. Because really, the drama was that his brother was an attention whore who took away baby Blaine's toys and didn't support him? Since Blaine on the show is the alpha gay who always gets attention/limelight his jealousy of his brother made no sense as a motivation of any insecurities that until now we've never seen.

I actually had second hand embarrassment for Darren because the "Fighter" song with the over the top angst was just....they have to paint Blaine as a "macho" boxer type of guy, he boxes because he was bullied, no wait, he boxes because the drama with his brother made him a 'fighter'...it was so pathetically unintentionally funny and forced. I don't blame the actor at all, the script is fucked up, but his stans all seriously saying how this lame ass episode really "explains" Blaine is hysterical.

As to Kurt, his comic turn as besotted with Matt Bomer's character Cooper was spot on, but it was played for laughs and Kurt's line readings inventive. It's frustrating how they never give him many funny episodes to star in.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/27/2012, 4:37 am

just heard on P-F that Lou Eyrich left Glee to work on AHS. She is the costume designer who dressed Kurt (as well as everybody else). so Murphy is taking some of his favorite staff to work on his new favorite show now. another sign that he doesn't care much about glee anymore.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/27/2012, 6:14 am

fantastica wrote:just heard on P-F that Lou Eyrich left Glee to work on AHS. She is the costume designer who dressed Kurt (as well as everybody else). so Murphy is taking some of his favorite staff to work on his new favorite show now. another sign that he doesn't care much about glee anymore.
The rats are leaving the sinking ship (not that Lou is a rat, but you get what I mean).

I wonder how this will effect the quality of Kurt's wardrobe next season. Except for Blaine, I think that Lou was always spot on with dressing the characters, and she was magical with Kurt.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/27/2012, 9:03 am

idk, i wasn't particularly in love with most of kurt's wardrobe last season. there were a few clear winners, but some of the it was just plain ugly. and if her leaving means that blaine will start to wear grown-up pants and socks soon, i'm all for it, because i don't know how much longer i can take his hideous style (i don't care about it being high fashion or not, no 16-17 dresses like that and for good reason).
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/27/2012, 10:07 am

^Oh, some of Kurt's outfits of season 3 were clear misses, I agree (although Chris wore them perfectly), but when Lou got it right, she really got it right. I loved Kurt's suits in season 3 (during 'Ding Dong...' and his election speech), and his more casual clothes, secretly showing that Kurt did not have toothpick arms.

And I think that Lou got the assignment of RIB to dress Kurt more 'girly', more effeminate flamboyant, in season 3, to emphasize the difference between Kurt and alpha male Blaine. I didn't like some of those outfits (the ponchos), but maybe, in the less capable hands of another stylist, Kurt's outfits could have ended up being a lot worse. Lou at least managed a sort of 'inbetween/hinted at' style.

Blaine's wardrobe was just a mess in season 3, I don't know what happened there. Maybe Darren ran over Lou's puppy or something. moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next