Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

+39
azure
tamara04
MissSoniaPP
opals
Ranwing
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
kac
valkeakuulas
BlueJazz
Divalicious
M&M
sheny
fountain
msjoanlucette
Buenos
Dame Loli
red texta
paulopf
E-ko
Sani
ry_kurtsie
sahhar
CCfan93
Shinra17
Emile
arina
fantastica
Delight
ColferInspired
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
brisallie
Coolbeans3131
tanita_mors
Struck by Lightning
Glorfindel
Vir Cotto
Jellyrolls
43 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 12 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

Post  Emile 5/21/2012, 3:17 pm

^Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were sarcastic. arghh
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 12 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

Post  brisallie 5/21/2012, 3:43 pm

fantastica wrote:didn't one of the writers recently said something like it's easier to find actors but it's good writers that are hard to come by or something like that? yeah like they think they are the best part of glee, while it's the cast who are making people love this show. these writers are so full of themselves.

I remember that tweet but I have no idea who did it, however it was so nonsense and egocentric because my point of view is there's any doubt that fandom love the cast ,precisely the original one but their opinion about the writers is not the best, most of the time they're unsure what's going through their minds or was their inspiration? ohmy Is kinda scary.

Emile wrote:^Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were sarcastic. arghh

I understand you Emile, sometimes I'm confused when Kim is being sarcastic or not lol though I've read her for months.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/21/2012, 4:38 pm

They think they are so fucking clever, but the truth is, I have seen most of their plot-lines on countless other shows, and most of them did it better.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/21/2012, 5:09 pm

fantastica wrote:didn't one of the writers recently said something like it's easier to find actors but it's good writers that are hard to come by or something like that? yeah like they think they are the best part of glee, while it's the cast who are making people love this show. these writers are so full of themselves.
I think Harry Shum (or another actor) tweeted something like that in reply to a writer complimenting the cast.

guzu
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/21/2012, 5:12 pm

It wasn't exactly that. The last day of the shooting, one of the writers posted about how great the cast and crew was, and one of the actors (I want to say either Harry or Kevin or Figgy) tweeted back that glee it was easy to find good actors, but good writers were hard to find. So it wasn't one of the writers full of himself. It was one of the actors stroking his ego.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/21/2012, 5:37 pm

true. good writers on glee are hard to come by. the really good writers don't want to write for this show. dryy

and the actor who kissed writer's ass - of course he had to do it. if he wants to come back next season he'd better hope the writers will write him some stories!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 5/21/2012, 7:49 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:It wasn't exactly that. The last day of the shooting, one of the writers posted about how great the cast and crew was, and one of the actors (I want to say either Harry or Kevin or Figgy) tweeted back that glee it was easy to find good actors, but good writers were hard to find. So it wasn't one of the writers full of himself. It was one of the actors stroking his ego.
I'm wondering which one of these three consider himself as "good" areu
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/21/2012, 8:02 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:It wasn't exactly that. The last day of the shooting, one of the writers posted about how great the cast and crew was, and one of the actors (I want to say either Harry or Kevin or Figgy) tweeted back that glee it was easy to find good actors, but good writers were hard to find. So it wasn't one of the writers full of himself. It was one of the actors stroking his ego.
I'm wondering which one of these three consider himself as "good" areu

Well ... one is a good dancer, the other one a good dancer and singer and Figgy makes me laugh sometimes but good actors??? I'm not sure what's their idea of good acting blinkk Razz
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/22/2012, 4:15 am

I think Kevin McHale is a reasonably good actor. If his character wouldn't be in the wheelchair he'd be considered a triple threat.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/22/2012, 12:29 pm

I think Kevin McHale is a reasonably good actor. If his character wouldn't be in the wheelchair he'd be considered a triple threat
Kevin is the one actor of Glee who seems most constricted by his actual role on the show. He is an exceptional dancer and he actually has some interesting line readings as Artie.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/22/2012, 12:43 pm

I've often thought that Kevin was a great choice for Artie because of his dancing skills. He moves in the chair, and makes it believable. Everytime I try to imagine Chris "dancing" in the chair I have to chuckle, although he does have the shoulder shimmy. We would miss out on his amazing flexibility, though. coool

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/22/2012, 1:36 pm

Divalicious wrote:I've often thought that Kevin was a great choice for Artie because of his dancing skills. He moves in the chair, and makes it believable. Everytime I try to imagine Chris "dancing" in the chair I have to chuckle, although he does have the shoulder shimmy. We would miss out on his amazing flexibility, though. coool

I agree that it is great for Artie the character. For Kevin the actor, the role constricts him in not utilizing his talents with dancing within the show. I think he gives both Harry and Matt a run for their money when he does dance.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/22/2012, 1:49 pm

It's hard to know, if Kevin likes the absolute oppositeness of the character to him. Artie is a nerd in a wheelchair, whereas Kevin is a fashionista who can dance. Some actors do like a challenge, but I can see him wanting Artie to come into his own, stop letting his mom dress him, and get some style. He can't do much about the chair, though. Next year I see him and Blaine duking it out for the male lead, and Artie losing for the simple fact that he can lead the dancing. Cue another dream dance sequence for Artie. On the other hand, Artie at least gets to dream. Kurt never did get a lead in an ND competition number, a dream he always had verbally, but we never got to see him even fantasize about it. The viewers were denied, so we could have more Finchel. Strangely, I don't dislike either Rachel or Finn, or even them together, I resent the overwhelming opportunities they are given, to interact and to suck face. Promo-Finchel kissing at graduation front and center. Kurt and Blaine, Santana and Brittnay will share a gentle handwave from the opposite sides of the stage *snark*

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 12 Empty RM interview

Post  fantastica 5/22/2012, 4:32 pm

I am splitting this interview in 2. this part is approrpiate for this thread; the other part about S4 is in the spoiler thread.
Ryan Murphy Dissects Glee and American Horror Story, Addresses Fans and Critics

Last year, FX president John Landgraf told me what he loved so much about American Horror Story was that you had planned it as an anthology, which would keep things fresh and new for you. Is it a fair assessment to say that you like the beginnings of things best?
Certainly I am aware people say that about me, which I always find interesting and I guess I understand it ... well, yes and no. I would say for American Horror Story, I do like the freshness of that and I love that show because it’s a miniseries; it’s a beginning, middle, and end.

When you write stories 22 episodes a year, it’s a daunting task. Even though Glee is sometimes a hard road, I am very excited about writing a multi-year arc. For example, Rachel Berry, meeting her as you did, hopefully by the end of her journey she will be a star. That’s a very long, long period. That’s harder, because you don’t get instant satisfaction. But I know where she’ll end up; I know what the last scene will be. The New Normal is also a really great template because I know the last scene of the first season is the birth of that baby. It’s a five-year plan — first season is about getting ready for the baby, second season is about the baby, the third season is like, “We’re in our fucking mid-forties and we need to have another baby!” New Normal is almost like a weird hybrid of Glee and American Horror Story. It’s good for me to write to something in the long and the short term.

One of the things your critics say is that your shows have a supernova quality. They ignite and everyone’s talking about them, and at some point they inevitably fall back to earth. Then those critics fall all over themselves saying, “Yes! This is what we’ve said all along!”
I suppose I get what that is about because the things that I have done so far in my career seem to have started with a big burst of attention. Magazine covers, awards, nominations — all that stuff that you really can’t create or control. So I get that by comparison the third season of Glee was maybe not as sexy and shiny and red hot as the other seasons. People said the same thing about Nip/Tuck and the fourth season wound up being its highest rated in that show’s life of seven. I guess what I have learned is that people can say what they want to say, and I respect it. Everybody has a right to put people in a box or a niche because that’s their job. I used to do that [as a journalist]. I don’t think that’s true about me, but time will tell.

At the beginning of this season of Glee, you said no big tributes, no guest stars. But the truth is, you began doing both in the second half of the season. What happened there? Do you feel pulled in both directions?
I don’t feel that I’m pulled in those directions. And you know, the first season, which now everyone has put a halo on, did exactly that: We had guest stars, we had the Madonna tribute. .. I think the thing about the fan base is you can’t take anything too personal because it all comes from a place of passion. There are some people who love the characters. There are other groups of people who love the spectacle. When you do the spectacle, the people who love the characters get pissed. “Fuck them, why aren’t they doing a Brittany and Santana story instead of a Michael Jackson celebration?” Then when you do the opposite they’re like, “You know, where’s the tribute to Frank Sinatra? This is bullshit.” You just can’t win. So I think you try to do the best that you can, and I really do respect the fans, because I think it’s a young audience, and I think it’s a very Internet-savvy audience. We care about the show and we care about the characters and the tributes, but it’s a young, rollicking show by design. I get that sometimes people fall in and out of love with it in the course of two episodes.

It’s also hard when you do a show that no one thought would work — even the people who ran the network did not think it would work. Some of the critics thought it was gonna be five episodes then out. And I think that it’s a show that the fans made. They found it, they loved it, they bought the music, they turned it into a phenomenon, they bought the tickets for those concert tours, they created the ability to do multi-platforms, they had a really strong proprietary grasp on it. I think the critics did, too, and I think a lot of the bloggers did. So whenever you have something like that, and then you evolve and you grow and you try different things and you experiment and you risk, [they say] “We don’t like it, go back to what you used to do.” And then you say “Well, we are kind of doing what we used to do, but I understand how you would see it was different.”

I will say the story for season four gets back to the underdog status [for the characters] and that will appease people, maybe. Sometimes I feel that you can’t win. It’s just a volatile group of people that watch it, and for that, I like their passion. Anybody who’s ever done a show about youth has told me they went through this exact same thing.

What do you think of Glee moving to Thursdays after The X Factor?
I think it’s a really great night of television. I love Britney. I think Britney’s going to bring a lot of eyes to that screen and the flow of a musical show into a musical show is great. It’s always what I wanted. I’d been begging for that for two years. I wanted to be on after American Idol or X Factor just because when I’m watching Idol, and I’m having a fun, young pop-culture experience, I don’t want to watch a hard drama after. Thursday is going to be a night of pop-culture celebration for Fox. There’s gonna be a lot of tie-ins that we’re gonna do. I also love that we’re gonna be at nine, which we were before, because I think we can go back to a little bit more [mature] writing. We’re doing that.

Do you know a lot of conservatives?
I do know a lot of conservatives. I wouldn’t say I hang out with a lot of them [laughs], but our writing staff is very diverse. In an election year, it’s an interesting voice to get out. This season on Glee we had a Christian character, who very much stuck to his guns and did not have sex. I like doing those people and those voices and trying to remain true to them. The important thing about the Barkin character, and she feels this too, is that I really wanted her to be a modern-day Archie Bunker. That voice is not on television right now.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/ryan-murphy-dissects-american-horror-story.html
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/22/2012, 4:44 pm

Even though Glee is sometimes a hard road, I am very excited about writing a multi-year arc. For example, Rachel Berry, meeting her as you did, hopefully by the end of her journey she will be a star. That’s a very long, long period. That’s harder, because you don’t get instant satisfaction. But I know where she’ll end up; I know what the last scene will be.
We are not watching the same show. mince
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/22/2012, 5:04 pm

^ I don't think RM watches Glee at all, probably only the eps that he wrote dryy

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/22/2012, 5:08 pm

^I think that now the only one of them who really watches Glee is Lea. Razz She's always SO excited.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/22/2012, 5:16 pm

rachel berry will end up being a star. she is already a star in school. so eventually she will end up bein a big broadway star. what about kurt? kurt was an after thought. so he will be her sidekick. her best way for giving her the best hairdo, the best fashion advice, the best practice partner (off camera), etc. then he will get his fabulous boyfriend back on his side and live happily ever after.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 5/22/2012, 5:27 pm

Emile wrote:^I think that now the only one of them who really watches Glee is Lea. Razz She's always SO excited.

I think Chris watches glee. I'm pretty sure others do as well.
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/22/2012, 5:32 pm

^Yes, I was just joking. Razz A lot of them tweet saying how they loved the episode.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 5/22/2012, 5:35 pm

ohhh. okay. sorry! x)
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/23/2012, 5:35 am

Mike O’Malley talks about Glee and about working with Cory and Chris.

http://pochimicky.tumblr.com/post/23574268290#usernotes
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/24/2012, 6:31 am

Ratings is up !

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 12 GbpWA

The season finale of Glee scored a 3.0 adults 18-49 rating, up five tenths from last week's 2.5, and giving the show its best ratings since February.

Source

Another good news for Glee hola

"The Graduation Album" Underperforms on the Billboard 200
At No. 8, the "Glee, the Music: Season Three - The Graduation Album" bows with 39,000. It's the 14th top 10 for the Fox TV ensemble, but it's the lowest sales debut (39,000) for a full-length "Glee" album (not including its live movie soundtrack).

billboard

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/24/2012, 7:35 am

BlueJazz wrote:
"The Graduation Album" Underperforms on the Billboard 200
At No. 8, the "Glee, the Music: Season Three - The Graduation Album" bows with 39,000. It's the 14th top 10 for the Fox TV ensemble, but it's the lowest sales debut (39,000) for a full-length "Glee" album (not including its live movie soundtrack).

billboard
Because there was not enough Blaine.
Even if 39k is still a lot of people, I don't care, it was a flop for Glee standard so it's a news that deserves a LOL.

Last edited by Emile on 5/24/2012, 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Awful grammar errooooor)
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/24/2012, 8:13 am

I think they have realized that albums are going to flop from now on, that is why there was only Vol.7, Christmas Vol.2 and Graduation this year, compered to Vol.1-3, Madonna and Journey for Season 1 and Vol.4-6, Warblers, Rocky Horror, Christmas Vol.1 for Season 2. I think singles are all we will get from now on, except in some special circumstances.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next