Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  valkeakuulas 12/6/2014, 4:59 am

Kurt Hummel's storyline wasn't important enough for a mention apparently...other than Blaine is moving back together with him. Jumping over him was especially jarring when his character was prominently seen on the episode clips.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Buenos 12/6/2014, 5:52 am

valkeakuulas wrote:Kurt Hummel's storyline wasn't important enough for a mention apparently...other than Blaine is moving back together with him. Jumping over him was especially jarring when his character was prominently seen on the episode clips.

That's the one thing that annoyed me.  Sue and Kevin weren't featured either but they didn't really show scenes with them.

For now I'm holding final judgement, but if the next BTS or promo video doesn't include Chris my BOD to the promo/BTS team is going to really start wavering,  just saying...  And yes, for now I'm still expecting Chris' s last Glee wish video.    We haven't heard his or Kevin's from the Regulars so far.  (We have Leas, Darren's, Matts, Janes, Chords's and Ambers)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/6/2014, 12:06 pm

^Maybe Fox PR can't/won't air Chris' last Glee wish for Kurt because it would be all about individual growth and success for Kurt, which they know we won't get in season 6.  Rolling Eyes
(In the same vein of thought:  I though it typical that Jane, besides Sue being nicer, also wished for the "kids to find their footing".)
But you're right, there better be a Chris Glee wish video released soon, or else I call bullshit. ijuta

And lol, of course there are already certain people who think Chris himself is responsible/to blame for not being in the BTS because he's supposedly doesn't want to bother with Glee anymore. Which could be true (that he's over Glee), but that still doesn't mean he can just refuse to do BTS when Fox PR asks him too.
Besides: he'll probably want exposure for his character just as much as all the others, and knows how woefully Kurt has been neglected in the last seasons.

But somehow everytime Kurt gets shafted it's Chris fault:
- Kurt doesn't get songs because Chris supposedly doesn't like singing (not true),
- Kurt doesn't get much screentime because Chris wanted time off for TLoS book tours or other projects (which he all does in his own time, outside of the Glee schedule),
- there are no BTS pictures of Klaine because Chris hates Klaine and Crisscolfer,
- I even read somewhere that Klaine is broken up and Blaine is now with Karofsky because Chris can't stand working with Darren anymore (when duh: Darren and Chris will probably have more scenes together in season when Klaine is broken up then if they stayed together).
And now it's apparently also Chris' fault he's not in the BTS videos. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/6/2014, 12:46 pm

I'm of two minds here. Part of me is very annoyed at Chris being sidelined in favor of featuring Daleastreet. But given what an utter trainwreak this final season is going to be and what a complete joke it is seen as by the media and the network, I don't want Chris to be too closely associated with it. Chris earned a tremendous amount of positive regard from the industry and I don't want to see it tainted or squandered on trying to promote a show that is basically just running out the clock.

I don't know what is going on BTS that brought this about, but it's not going to hurt Chris. He's already well on his way to a promising career after Glee. Despite him being ignored in favor of Darren, Lea and Chord, he's still garnered the most serious nominations and awards for his work on Glee and is still a great fan favorite. Being ignored for the last few episodes in favor of the Special Snowflake, the Grease Stain and the Cypher isn't going to hurt his prospects at this point. Right now Darren's got no prospects after Glee except to be a professional straight LGBT "ally" (so long as his homophobic jokes get ignored and Adam Shankman still loves him), and Chord doesn't even have that. They (and Lea to some degree) still very much need Glee to promote them. Chris has moved on and is just there to fulfill his obligations. If RIB don't want to use him and Kevin for promotion, so be it. The less Chris is associated with this dying mess of a show, the better.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 12/6/2014, 12:50 pm

I mentioned on another site that Chris might be avoiding the BTS stuff, but only because he's personally not mentioned anything having to do with Glee since they started filming the final season. I know he's still under the thumb of TPTB though, so he can't outright refuse if they say "jump". I wonder if they are saving him for a bigger PR push come January, since he is, by any measurable accounting, still the most popular Glee player. If he wins another PCA, that will just be icing for the PR department.

I expect nothing from the Trevor event. Even when he was there the first year, he was asked to introduce Jamey Rodemyer's family. I find it hard to believe they are not able to give someone as relevant to the cause as Chris more to do than sway in the background anymore.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 12/6/2014, 12:57 pm

Isn't Mia (Darren's girlfriend) still doing the behind the scenes? If so, it would not surprise me if she "forgot" to get Chris's interview. I don't trust what she does with the BTS because of the hot mess they became last year.

Daleastreet is both gross and fake.

4 more episodes and Chris will be done with this mess bounce
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 12/6/2014, 2:15 pm

It's only fitting that what basically killed the show with it's mediocrity, be used to promote it's final death.  Rachel went from a driven, OTT girl not-quite-accepted girl to a superficial I win everything and boy-am-I-hot-in-short-pants, but still want more person.  Appearance.  Blaine went from dapper and darling, to everyone loves me, and hands me stuff without me even trying, isn't that ironic? Perception.  I think Glee simply is continuing in that same superficial, tissue thin writing, until the very last episode, which will be touching and full of tears.  Those tears will be of joy, because Glee wants it's artificial happy ending, but after poor writing and repetition, the only way they can sell that, is if Kurt is the emotion of the show.  Because Chris, with acting ability, rose above all the superficiality of the writing, and his character is multi-faceted, not tissue thin.  In this respect Rachel has fallen the furthest, they took away what made her special, and gave her too much, all the time.  Winning means nothing in Rachel's character, to me, anymore.  

I think there will be more stuff released, they've used Lea and Chris' face to sell things before, I doubt they will change now.  Right now, it is about the "fun", when it becomes about emotion or someone rising above their situation, it will be Kurt.  Because he is the only one who's struggle we have continued to see for 5 freaking years.  It's almost like RIB are dissing him for all his potential in real life, by giving Kurt no real potential outside of being Rachel's bestie and Blaine's spouse.  Perhaps, they might decide to acknowledge that Kurt has been a star, despite his detraction of not being gay-acceptable and having a girl-voice (I say this in sarcasm).  That way Glee can pretend the past three seasons have not been about keeping people in their little boxes, where you have to meet a certain definition to be considered attractive or talented.  Unfortunately, we've been subjected to this utter train wreck, perhaps we might get 15 minutes of payback. I care not, I'm in this only for Chris and Kurt. I can manage to get through all the crap as I've done for years, just to support this exceptional young man. To hell with the rest of this shit. Pardon the swear, but after all this time, we definitely deserve a little profanity. Twisted Evil

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/6/2014, 2:34 pm

i am used to be disappointed by this show and this is no exception. thanks for the heads up so i don't have to watch the crap at all.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/6/2014, 8:53 pm

The thing I don't like is that if there is no BTS things with Chris, as mentioned, people automatically pin it on Chris, as if he's responsible for how much PR he gets from Glee.

I can't get too riled up, TBH, because I completely agree that at this point, it's pretty much a moot point.  Glee is virtually finished filming, it's  airing in the death slot of Fridays at 9 PM, and FOX is going to air them as soon as possible in 11 straight weeks.   So the little BTS, marketing they do is hardly going to be noticed or commented upon by the media.   

Having said that, there is zero evidence that Chris deliberately refuses to do official PR/promos/marketing form Glee if FOX wants him to or requests it.  The irony is that IMO both fans and nonfans use this argument, for whatever agenda they have.   I think Glee has sunk horribly, but in opinion Chris still enjoys working on Glee and being with professionals he has developed strong bonds with, while also getting paid 75-100 $ K per episode.  But that's just me.  coool

Chris is a professional and I'm sure he'll do whatever PR/media/BTS, interviews Glee wants him to.  I remember he even did a promo for the Glease episode(along with Cory) for a Season 4 Grease episode he didn't even appear in, LOL.

The only Glee person on the record who is on the record that doesn't like doing BTS stuff is Heather Morris.

So for now, if he doesn't appear in BTS videos/promos and interviews it is because the FOX promo/BTS team chooses not to use him, which is their option and IMO, their loss.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/6/2014, 8:59 pm

Dianna Agron singing live in a USO tour...

http://instagram.com/p/wR_YL7AGSo/
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/8/2014, 3:59 am

I do. It’s Chris Colfer’s Kurt… I think the vulnerability and growth that he’s shown and the fact that he’s actually gotten a relationship and become an adult over the time of the show. If you watch that first season, how young and bubbly he was, to where he is now, he’s a lot more mature… we’ve seen him grow.

Paris Barclay at Trevor Live LA [re: do you have a favorite Glee character] (via chriscolfernews)

It's interesting to me how Paris comments are similar to what Jane Lynch said earlier this summer. How the audience watched Kurt grow before their eyes, Jane adding IIRC that Chris was a baby when the show started.

Nice to see how some behind the scenes also look fondly on the growth and maturation of the character Kurt.

Ties in with Chris congratulating Paris on his last "Sons of Anarchy" interview and called himself Paris " favorite Glee kid." Smile

Last edited by Buenos on 12/8/2014, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/8/2014, 10:11 am

^I know Paris Barclay meant well with that comment, but jeez, I’m so sick and tired of people thinking that getting laid was Kurt’s greatest and basically only achievement on the show.

Kurt was fabulous in season 1, and already the most mature and responsible of them all imo. And now he’s stuck with this whining toddler, who has never shown any maturity or responsibility at all.

The only reason why so many people still laud Kurt’s growth and development over the seasons on the show is because Chris’ acting made that possible as he kept Kurt as a character intact, no matter what dreck storylines they threw at him, especially with Klaine. Chris refuses to let Kurt regress, diminish, be dominated by, and emotionally surrender to Klaine, when he is always treated like second best and never considered good enough because the writers paired him with someone who in all areas cannot keep up with him.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/8/2014, 12:36 pm

I just realized Paris was also directing his last "Glee " episode this year as well as his last "Sons of Anarchy " so it has to be a bit bittersweet experience for him as he seems genuinely fond of both casts.

Nice to see Kurt is Paris favorite character and his comments remind me of what Jane said earlier this summer IIRC that the audience had literally seen Kurt grow up before their eyes that Chris was so young when he started as Kurt

I think it was "The Backlot " that said earlier this year they wish they could tell season one Kurt that in five years he would be glamming it up in a rock number with Adam Lambert. Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/8/2014, 2:19 pm

Does this man ever not look good?  wub wub
Harry Shum Jr. at Trevor Live 2014.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ng8vovbOfj1r4ezfzo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/8/2014, 2:54 pm

hooray to harry! Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/8/2014, 3:08 pm

OMG. Matt Morrison has a hilarious appearance in this upcoming movie comedy  "Playing it cool" starring Chris Evans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW-SySjqAUI
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/9/2014, 6:47 pm

Of all the actors on Glee Dianna Agron (so far) seems to be the one who benefited the most from making a timely transition away from the show and yet still able to come back when she wanted to.

The graduation SL from Season 3 appeared to dovetail with Dianna's (rumored) wishes to branch away from Glee after 3 seasons and have a reduced role on the show. It's no secret she was fielding movie offers even while on Glee. Unverified reports say that the show changed their mind and wanted to then retain her as a regular in Season 4 with more than a handful of appearances , but that her management team balked/ played hardball and made the agreement stick, as they had other projects Dianna was already committed to.

Regardless Dianna works on Glee completely on her timetable around her other projects, and seems to have ultimately remained in good graces with the PTB.

Kudos to Dianna!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 12/9/2014, 7:08 pm

i think the real transition will start once glee is over and they are all out of contract. it will open them up to be on other shows/movies/plays and such. being a series regular is rather time constricting in itself.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/17/2014, 1:57 am

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpjmamE741qe476yo1_1280

GLEE: Chris Colfer as Kurt on the sixth and final season of GLEE premiering with a special two-hour event Friday, Jan. 9 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ©2014 Fox Broadcasting Co. CR: Tommy Garcia/FOX [UHQ]
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/17/2014, 2:00 am

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpl24xCA01s6q5z6o10_400  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpl24xCA01s6q5z6o1_400

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpl24xCA01s6q5z6o9_400  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpl24xCA01s6q5z6o2_400

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpl24xCA01s6q5z6o7_400  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpl24xCA01s6q5z6o3_400

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpl24xCA01s6q5z6o8_400  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpl24xCA01s6q5z6o4_400

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpl24xCA01s6q5z6o6_400  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpl24xCA01s6q5z6o5_400

Season 1 to Season 6. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/17/2014, 3:04 am

ColferInspired wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpjmamE741qe476yo1_1280

GLEE: Chris Colfer as Kurt on the sixth and final season of GLEE premiering with a special two-hour event Friday, Jan. 9 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ©️2014 Fox Broadcasting Co. CR: Tommy Garcia/FOX [UHQ]

wub wub Simply adorable!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/17/2014, 6:21 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpm8bHc1m1r295ako3_250General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpm8bHc1m1r295ako6_r1_250
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpm8bHc1m1r295ako1_250General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpm8bHc1m1r295ako2_250
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpm8bHc1m1r295ako4_250General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpm8bHc1m1r295ako5_250
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/17/2014, 7:16 pm

From Amber Riley's show last night...nice to see some of the Glee cast support her... neutre   From what I've read or seen photos of Kevin, Harry, Darren, Alex, Becca, Jacob and Jenna were there (so far), along with Jordin Sparks and other of Amber's friends and family...  

Go Amber!  I'm sure she rocked it.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpx60TYN21r4ezfzo1_500
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 33 Tumblr_ngpq3s5xq61qbdepdo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/17/2014, 8:09 pm

what was Amber's show last night?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  lilypaperclips 12/17/2014, 8:13 pm

fantastica wrote:what was Amber's show last night?

Amber Riley Presents : Christmas:A Season of Love Concert
lilypaperclips
lilypaperclips
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next