Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 8 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/20/2014, 4:50 pm

Glorfindel wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_n5vwnwZHml1r65zs9o1_500
Glee facebook

I'm not sure if I should be glad or sad because of this news.  unsure

Not happy   about it at all. The  way  it ended  in season 5, Kurt still had a chance of leaving Blaine's ass. Now I am worried  what they will  do  if Kurt in season 6. No  matter  I am  not  watching unless Chris writes another episode and or Klaine will be done and for good.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 8 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  bayth 5/20/2014, 5:13 pm

Kurt and Bland are 'soulmates'.  They're at opposite ends in that picture.   Rolling Eyes
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/20/2014, 5:25 pm

It's all PR. They want to try to create some sense of anticipation on the part of fans to counter the devestating news bomb that FOX dropped right before the upfronts. This is all part of the battle with FOX to try to get as much of a season as possible. It's really telling that we learned absolutely nothing at the upfronts about what was planned for next season because no one knows. Not the actors or the show runners. Everything has been thrown into question.

In the end, it's not going to mean anything. FOX has the power here because of Glee's pathetic ratings. Posting on Facebook that Glee will come back next season after FOX has already announced that at best, Glee would be back mid-season, after sweeps and not until 2015 really is as clear a statement that Glee is finished and at best is going to be granted a few episodes to wrap up.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/20/2014, 5:43 pm

Yeah, this tweet shouldn't need to happen at all. Glee is already renewed. It actually is a very clear sign, how much the own fanbase anticipates a cancellation. So I agree with Wendy, it is all PR and creating buzz.

I am actually laughing now. The tweet is yet another example of the long list of embarrassments how deep Glee has fallen  Twisted Evil 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/20/2014, 5:49 pm

I don't think that there's any buzz to create. No one realistically expects much out of a Glee final season.

We have to keep in mind that this isn't FOX talking here. It's the Glee show runners. FOX has already made their position very clear with the news right before the upfronts. FOX wants, at most, a half season. What this posting was about was to try to create some kind of fan push in order to get FOX to grant the full season. I think that it's obvious that they are aware of what is being said on various boards (not just here) about the very real possibility of not just an abreviated season, but of outright cancelation and this is an effort to head off that kind of talk by making it a case of "Of course the show will be back. How could you silly people have thought otherwise?"

There have been some rare cases where a show gets canceled or is on the verge of being canceled and a major fan push wins a new lease on life. The problem for Glee is that most of the fans who are still here are genuinely hoping that Glee gets canceled. I don't see this working in the least and it's a sign of just how far Glee has fallen that they're resorting to tactics like this.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/20/2014, 5:57 pm

bayth wrote:Kurt and Bland are 'soulmates'.  They're at opposite ends in that picture.   Rolling Eyes

And Brittany is now a central character. We can tell by the whole two episodes she appeared in this season.

The list of embarassments just keeps growing...
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/20/2014, 6:25 pm

Well, I've written the show off anyway. It doesn't matter what happens. I think most of the viewers that had watched Glee gave up and are apathetic about the show. Like me. Whatever Fox and producers decide will have little effect on how many eyes are on the show. It's dead. And no amount of PR is going to bring it back.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/20/2014, 7:20 pm

It's funny reading the comments. A lot of the people think Rachel is pregnant in the picture. LOL.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/20/2014, 9:01 pm

Yes, the Glee showrunners are bluffing, remember how they were assuring folks it was a full 22 episodes this year? Then they had Lea among others saying it was a super sized 24 episode season for Season 6.

There is no way in Hades a .6 (!!) rated show as a mid season entry will get more than 13-15 episodes, IF that.

It is the lowest rated show of ALL the 4 major networks and somehow we are suppose to believe that FOX thinks it's still viable? My only concern is if they pull a 180 and tell Chris he can't do his movie due to a shortened episode order they need him after all for the late summer.

They would be capable of that.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/20/2014, 9:59 pm

In my opinion  if they tell  Chris he can  not do his movie,due to a shortened episode order they are pretty  low. In fact this is might be one of the lowest things they can do.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/21/2014, 2:58 am

Before getting all mad with Glee, I'm trying to tell to myself that Chris had previously talked to the producers/writers and they are aware he's filming a movie this Summer, so they will find out a reason to explain why he's not in so many episodes. Right?  unsure 

On a side note: It seems Lea has put lot of stuff about Chris on her book, I just saw this
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 8 BoHHYDCIAAIphk1
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/21/2014, 3:20 am

brisallie wrote:Before getting all mad with Glee, I'm trying to tell to myself that Chris had previously talked to the producers/writers and they are aware he's filming a movie this Summer, so they will find out a reason to explain why he's not in so many episodes. Right?  unsure 

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 8 BoHHYDCIAAIphk1

Brisallie I agree, I'm just speculating that the accommodation to Chris might have been made when all parties assumed there would be a full 22 episode season 6 of Glee, so Chris missing 3-4 episodes would have less of an impact. If the order gets cut to , say, 13, 10 or even 6 or less episodes that could change things.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/21/2014, 3:43 am

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_n5wm3mommn1sg9z6fo2_1280
"Chris Colfer in the White House."

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_n5wm3mommn1sg9z6fo3_1280
"Chris posing with Hillary at the White House."

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_n5wpzvlFlv1qe476yo1_500

"With my bestie Chris Colfer at my twenty-fifth birthday."

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_n5uy4zfk5Q1rojy6eo1_500
Trip to Disneyland with [Lea Michele’s] mom, Jonathan Groff, and the Glee kids.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_n5v10bloIQ1sff3u9o1_500

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_n57zq8WmQQ1qe476yo1_500

"The cast of Glee is amazing, and I can’t say enough good things about them. While we don’t hang out as much in our downtime now as we did on day one, when we were inseparable, our connection now is deeper. They are my family. Amber will text me out of the blue just to tell me that she loves me—so will Kevin McHale. And Chris Colfer is one of the loves of my life—I see us in forty years in some Broadway revival, sipping martinis and reminiscing about the good old days. I’ve known Jenna since I was a kid (when we got to work together on Spring Awakening). And then there’s Cory, who played such a large role in the show and also in my personal life."

"When we shot the pilot, I met Cory Monteith, Kevin McHale, Amber Riley, and Chris Colfer for the first time. I had worked on Broadway with Jenna Ushkowitz and Matt Morrison before. Matt had been a friend of mine for years, and in fact we’d actually dated back in the day for a Broadway beat. But strangers or not, we were all babies and completely new to the big-time spotlight. Cory came from Canada and drove his Honda Civic all the way to Los Angeles. Chris Colfer was from Clovis, California, and had never worked professionally in his life. Kevin McHale and Amber Riley were two of the most talented people I had ever met but were also reasonably new to the television world. It was really only Jane Lynch who was known—she was the one getting the TV show its initial credibility. We all clicked like we were brothers and sisters and were inseparable from the start."

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/21/2014, 4:54 am

Buenos wrote:Brisallie I agree, I'm just speculating that the accommodation to Chris might have been made when all parties assumed there would be a full 22 episode season 6 of Glee, so Chris missing 3-4 episodes would have less of an impact.  If the order gets cut to , say, 13, 10 or even 6 or less episodes that could change things.
That could indeed change things. If they only get a few episodes they will want Kurt in most/all of them.

But Glee must have given some guarantee or contract to Chris and the producers of 'Noel', right? Too much money would be lost if Glee pulls back Chris out of the 'Noel' production, and there are so many people involved who would need to reschedule if Chris had to postpone.
Plus I really doubt they would have announced Chris' name if that deal wasn't solid.

Matt was in a somewhat similar situation when they pulled him back from that new musical he was helping to develop, but as I understand it when Matt committed himself to that musical workshop in the summer the media reported that he wasn't sure if he'd be able to continu the musical after the summer, so they knew he was on callback duty from Glee.

Another thing to consider is that they could make Chris a guest star, and only pay him for the episodes he's in. This will be a cost reduction. With noone watching Glee anyway anymore, whether Kurt is in it or not, Chris not being able to film could save them money.

The good thing is that if the episode order for Glee gets reduced to such a small size (like 2-8 episodes) that they simply need Kurt in every episode, that the time it will take to shoot will also be little.
With the show not coming back till at least the beginning of 2015 (and they possibly could wait till the spring or summer even to burn its last episodes), with only a few episodes to shoot, and with a little flexibility from the studio, they could work around the 'Noel' production schedule, if they're willing.

We know Chris will have his US booktour till July 19th, we know 'Noel' starts filming in the late summer (mid? August-September). We know Chris has said he's got no time for a holiday this summer so that means he's got something planned between July 19th and at least mid August, that's about 4-6 weeks.
We also know that Glee usually starts working again late July. If those 4-6 weeks are meant for Glee filming before Chris goes to London for 'Noel' they could get a lot of Kurt's scenes done in that time-frame, enough to initially cover up Chris' absence in Glee when the episode order was still 22-24.
Plus Glee won't be back till at least 2015, so they could still shoot Kurt scenes of episodes the rest of the cast has already filmed and finished after Chris is back from 'Noel'.

My guess is that if Chris has to cancel anything for Glee it's either an European booktour (after his US booktour), or another (unknown) project he's got lined up before 'Noel' (if he wasn't scheduled to be in Glee the first half of season 6 anyway, e.g. as the show would concentrate on Blamchel).

So:
- Scenario 1: Glee will still get a large episode order, like those 13 episodes everyone who still loves Glee keeps praying for.  Rolling Eyes (not likely, but.....)
This means Glee can go forth with the initial plan of maybe having some Kurt-lite episodes and center the show around Blamchel, filming the scenes Kurt is in before and after his 'Noel' commitment.

- Scenario 2: Glee will get a very small episode order, like between 2-8 episodes, so they need as much Kurt in it as possible to wrap things up. (this seems more likely)
Filming will probably still start end July, even when a shorter season means that the remaining episodes will be filmed and in the can before the end of 2014. There is a large crew attached to Glee, and they will want to work after the summer: they can't just send them on leave till in the late Fall. Starting filming Glee end of July, begin August as planned means the crew can start looking for another job after Glee is done.
For Chris this means he's available for those 4-6 weeks before filming 'Noel', but the cast and crew will be done filming the rest of Glee by the time Chris comes back. Still, with only a few episodes to shoot after all, they could get Kurt's scenes filmed in those few weeks in July-August, if they want to.
(And that's the big question, isn't it? Will they be willing to work around Chris' 'Noel' schedule? Otoh: if they deliberately fuck this up for Chris and a British movie project that has those big Britisch actors attached, it will leave Glee with even more of a stinking reputation when it comes to their production planning and the treatment of their cast.)

- Scenario 3: Glee gets cancelled right now. (And I'd never thought I'd feel this way about the show, not even after it had gotten so bad,  but I'd be relieved if it doesn't get a season 6 wrap-up.)

-ETA-
I just realized that Glee working around Chris' schedule of going to London for 'Noel' in the late summer means that they'd have to have most episodes written before they start shooting season 6 (in that end July-August timeslot), so Chris can already film scenes of the last episodes.
Hahaha, silly me.  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 8 Ab-facepalm dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/21/2014, 6:50 am

Another theory: contracts. Chris knows about this project since quite a while and contracts were re-negotiated before S5. It is a viable chance, that Chris management team ensured Chris can do the movie (or other projects) without FOX having much leeway.

Never mind what is the truth. I doubt the movie news were released without a 100% guarantee that Chris is available. At least that is what I hope.

At the end, Glee is very soon over and a full season is most certainly not possible anymore.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/21/2014, 7:13 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Another theory: contracts. Chris knows about this project since quite a while and contracts were re-negotiated before S5. It is a viable chance, that Chris management team ensured Chris can do the movie (or other projects) without FOX having much leeway.
I agree with this. Chris started talking about being attached to the biopic somewhere in the late summer last year, and mentioned being in the running for it even before that time.
He only could have done that if he knew that Glee would guarantee him the time off, or else the producers of 'Noel' would not have hired him (unless they were willing to wait till after shooting for season 6 of Glee was over).

So yeah, maybe time off for future projects was indeed part of the renegotiation of his Glee contract for season 5(+6).

I don't think there's much to worry about, except maybe Chris having to work even harder in the near future, without any leeway in his schedule.
Which I'm fine with, because it would mean more Chris on my screen in the future.  Smile (sorry, Chris)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/21/2014, 9:46 am

I have no doubt that Chris's people have been in negotiations with FOX and the Glee showrunners for some time about getting him the time to do this film, and I get a sense that the people behind Noel wanted Chris enough to work with him on timing so that he would be able to do the film. The fact that Glee is now on the chopping block should not impact the film - if anything, I see production on Glee pushed back by at least a few weeks. This should minimize Chris's absence from the show.

Given that Glee is facing a shortened season, I agree that FOX will not want one of the most beloved and acclaimed characters/actors to be absent for more than an episode or two so I think that there will be a lot of pressure placed on the Glee showrunners to work with Chris's schedule. And given that new episodes won't be set to air until after the end of the year, there's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't. Rather than the mad rush that we often get where they're still filming episodes only a week or two before they air, they now can be more leasurely. And there's no need to film each episode concurently - they can film everything that doesn't require Chris's presence and then as soon as Chris is done with Noel, get him back on set to film his scenes. With just a small amount of flexibility, they can make this work. What I don't see is them putting pressure on Chris to drop Noel because the show will get a lot of good press for having Chris being associated with a major film (and they'd get majorly negative press if Chris is forced to drop the project).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/21/2014, 10:36 am

chris signed onto Noel almost a year ago. he must have written into his contract that filming of Noel will be done during hte summer so it would not affect his glee filming much. missing a few episode isn't much of course. lots of actors have to juggle various project schedules so i am sure the lawyers in this business who draft those contracts know very well how to manage them.

the fact that murphy was promoting that new threesome toward the end of last season means that he has some specific plot directions for those 3, but none of the rest (at least not yet). it probably has taken into account chris' need to film Noel already. I say let's not worry at this point. we will get our Noel for sure. we may not get much chris in glee, but honestly, we all know that one Noel is a million times better than a thousand glee episodes in later seasons.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/21/2014, 10:44 am

fantastica wrote:the fact that murphy was promoting that new threesome toward the end of last season means that he has some specific plot directions for those 3, but none of the rest (at least not yet). it probably has taken into account chris' need to film Noel already. I say let's not worry at this point. we will get our Noel for sure. we may not get much chris in glee, but honestly, we all know that one Noel is a million times better than a thousand glee episodes in later seasons.

Totally agree. When I heard the news about Chris doing Noel and that filming was set to begin this summer, the DaLeStreet push now made sense. Glee was going to have to do without without one of their heavy hitters for a bit and the show runners were trying to gin up interest in Blaine/Darren and Sam/Chord to make up for Chris's absence. I think that this was all planned and signed off on and the show runners were working to accomidate Chris's absence.

I don't think that the move to shift Glee to mid-season replacement status will affect Chris's film much, if at all. If contracts have been signed and Chris has an agreement from his bosses at Glee and FOX to allow him to work on this film, then I don't see them backtracking now. Not with how it would leave them open to liability if Noel needs to be postponed or canceled because Chris would no longer be available.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/21/2014, 11:03 am

^ they will not back track. i think for this industry to function people and companies must follow strict rules, such as negotiate everything up front including scheduling. lots of actors especially the big name A-listers have lots of projects lined up and each project involves lots of people in the cast and they all have to juggle their own schedules. imagine the big mess if people are allowed to back track everything and the project can never proceed. as long as next season is confirmed, i don't see the possibility of RIB changing the entire filming schedule that would disrupt certain cast members' other commitments. it's not just chris that has outside projects. kevin too, and maybe more just because they haven't announced yet. glee filming may get delayed, canceled altogether but never pushed forward or last beyond the normal filming duration. in other words, we can be rest assured that we will get our Noel - assume it will get its required funding on time.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/21/2014, 11:25 am

The actors need to be able to count on knowing when they are free to work on other projects, especially now with Glee going into it's final season. If they have half a brain, they know that they've got to be laying down the groundwork now for their post-Glee careers. They've got a very limited amount of time where they can count on getting any kind of notice from Glee and if they don't start getting new projects and jobs lined up, they are going to miss the boat completely and run a real risk of fading into total obscurity.

I've bitched about Lea's focus being all over the place (books, movies, album, etc), but she's at least keeping her name and face out there as a seperent entity from Glee so I would expect her to have some offers when Glee is done. Chris and Kevin both seem to be in demand and are finding plenty to do and should do well post-Glee. Naya needs to get her act sorted out and refocus because between her single tanking, her engagement being called off and the BTS drama that seems to have gotten her removed from several episodes, she runs a real risk of being totally forgotten once Glee ends. Amber got a boost from DWTS, but it just seems to have gotten her back on Glee again. And Darren and Chord both seem to have limited options outside of Glee.

I think that they should really forget about albums. Lea's sales were pretty weak and with Glee Itunes sales and ratings in freefall, the label is probably writing off any of the cast being big sellers at this point. That opportunity is long past. The key now will be to get into another TV series, movies or live theater production. So far, of the group Chris and Kevin seem to have made the most strides in that area, and as I said, in at least the immediate aftermath of Glee Lea should find some work. But for the rest of the cast, the clock is ticking.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/21/2014, 11:40 am

Filming Glee in Late July makes the most amount of sense to me, I guess the biggie will be the announcement by FOX how many episodes are ordered.

I read somewhere that June 30 is the last date to announce someone as a regular on a show.

More than Chris, I'm thinking the bigger accommodation is to keep Jane and Matt viable on the show, so I suspect a "Lima" heavy focus somehow.

It will all be over I suspect within 7 months regardless.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/21/2014, 11:48 am

most musicians don't make any money from their albums, at least not their first album. what they hope is having a hit or two and becomes a recognizable name and have an army of fans and then people to continue to buy their music and attend their concerts. they make money mostly from tours/concerts. does lea have any plans for summer concerts/tours? i guess she will. she probably also timed her book around the same time, so she can sell both books and albums and doing promotion for all. if she won't do that then she should hire some new people.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/21/2014, 11:55 am

fantastica wrote: glee filming may get delayed, canceled altogether but never pushed forward or last beyond the normal filming duration.
The problem was never the possibility of Glee's filming lasting longer than planned, but quite the opposite: that the filming of Glee (with reduced episodes) will be shorter than initially planned, so the window for Chris of being available for Glee is smaller.

Glee was calculating on a full season's order, so that filming would start end of July and last till early May, as usual. Chris then missing 2-3 months when Glee will shoot appr. 9 months would not be a problem, especially not if they were planning to have long hiatusses anyway.
But Chris missing 2-3 months of filming when Glee will wrap up season 6 in only a few episodes might be a problem, because filming the last episodes could only take up 2-6 months, depending on how many episodes they'll still get.

But I agree that his time-off for 'Noel' must be guaranteed, regardless. That's why actors and studios hire lawyers and managers after all.

Ha, let Daleastreet be the focus of a 0.6 or less rated show next season.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/21/2014, 11:57 am

fantastica wrote: does lea have any plans for summer concerts/tours?
I think she announced a 'worldwide' tour for this summer.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next