Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  brisallie 5/29/2014, 4:49 pm

Wait, is now Glee under the drama category?

Uff seems things are not easy for FOX. They need to re-schedule everything, or bring something fresh.

And I wonder how the departure of Kevin Reilly will affect Glee.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Buenos 5/29/2014, 4:54 pm

brisallie wrote:Wait, is now Glee under the drama category?

Uff seems things are not easy for FOX. They need to re-schedule everything, or bring something fresh.

And I wonder how the departure of Kevin Reilly will affect Glee.

My gut reaction is that any new "regime" won't have the lingering loyalty/fondness  that Reilly still may have  harbored for Glee, nor will Ryan Murphy have as much clout.

The new FOX team  could write off the Glee episodes production and show it in the summer months and keep it off the roster during the normal season.

PLus I suspect the budget will be brutally slashed.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/29/2014, 5:03 pm

@Buenos, agree.

Also I believe that whoever is the new boss, Ryan and company has to be very convincing if they want a new chance for Glee. Umm probably they will have, but not as they want. I guess they will have a budget cut and less episodes. To sum up, I don't foresee a nice future for Glee.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/29/2014, 5:08 pm

I suspect one of several reasons Reilly got canned was precisely that 2 year renewal of Glee , in hindsight (and not even since Glee's numbers were declining already) it a staggeringly stupid ill  rushed decision.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/29/2014, 5:10 pm

Wow, this sounds like a dismissal. Fox is not that happy with Kevin Reilly anymore.  uhuhu 
I never liked his meddling anyway, which started in the middle of season 3.

Let's be honest: Kevin allowed Ryan & co to turn Glee into the ground. They never should have gotten so much freedom and leeway, and the disaster of the NooBlams should have been stopped halfway season 4.
Kevin and Fox had plenty of opportunities to steer Glee around and away from the iceberg, but they did nothing untill it was way too late. They are just as much to blame as RIB are.

This doesn't bode well for Glee: they will get less now, if they'll still get anything at all.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/29/2014, 5:17 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

This doesn't bode well for Glee: they will get less now, if they'll still get anything at all.

IMO The new FOX team will probably view Glee as collateral damage from Reilly's reign.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/29/2014, 6:15 pm

Buenos wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

IMO The new FOX team will probably view Glee as collateral damage from Reilly's reign.

I love that your use the word reign here. Smile Allthough I think Reilly was more of a lackey than a ruler for RIB. I wonder how long Ryan will keep DanteDiLoreto, because he's one of the men who holds some of the money.

For the time he spoke for Glee, I always found his comments very typical of a chairman that really didn't care or know what he was talking about.

It's interesting to know how Glee's very own Executive producers Ryan, Brad and Ian will react if they have to put more of their own production company money into those possible 13 eps. I wonder if they want to spend at all at the point, especially if Fox, as a company, has to tie the moneybag shut?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/29/2014, 7:24 pm

yoohoo, nobody answered my question? i was asking whether the 13 episode order was merely a rumor or was it confirmed? if it's confirmed then it means all papers are signed and there's nothing more fox can do regarding glee. if it's merely a rumor and it's still under negotiation then boy "good luck" is all i can say to the show runners.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/29/2014, 7:46 pm

fantastica wrote:yoohoo, nobody answered my question? i was asking whether the 13 episode order was merely a rumor or was it confirmed? if it's confirmed then it means all papers are signed and there's nothing more fox can do regarding glee. if it's merely a rumor and it's still under negotiation then boy "good luck" is all i can say to the show runners.

It has not been confirmed.  

People have thrown out 13 episodes as the number  because that is a fairly common episode order for a mid season or half year show.

However for all we know FOX can order 12, 10, 9 or even fewer episodes.  All that was confirmed was that a Glee would reappear mid season.

Yet even that mid season slot could be suspect now with a new team in charge at FOX.  How much can Reilly really accomplish or even dictate at this point as a lame  duck chairman?

Technically Glee doesn't start filming until after he leaves June 30 so conceivably they could cut the episode order down post July.

Seriously doubt that Ryan Murphy holds the advantage in negotiating.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/29/2014, 8:00 pm

ok i just re-read the announcement. Kevin will leave at the end of June. that's another month away. if glee is to resume filming in July they better know ahead how many episodes if any they will be getting by then. i mean they have to write stuff and plan and cast new people if any ahead of filming, right?

let's say glee will be back. i am pretty certain that:
- no more than 13 episodes, more likely a lot less than that. maybe only a christmas episode airing on xmas eve. i mean who watches tv on christmas eve?
- the budget will be slashed. no more big name guest stars. they can't save the show. no more musical numbers w/ lavish set and no more flying the whole cast and crew to NY for external scenes. that alone justifies a switch of main locale to LA.
- the show won't be any better than last season.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/29/2014, 8:48 pm

fantastica wrote:ok i just re-read the announcement. Kevin will leave at the end of June. that's another month away. if glee is to resume filming in July they better know ahead how many episodes if any they will be getting by then. i mean they have to write stuff and plan and cast new people if any ahead of filming, right?

let's say glee will be back. i am pretty certain that:
- no more than 13 episodes, more likely a lot less than that. maybe only a christmas episode airing on xmas eve. i mean who watches tv on christmas eve?
- the budget will be slashed. no more big name guest stars. they can't save the show. no more musical numbers w/ lavish set and no more flying the whole cast and crew to NY for external scenes. that alone justifies a switch of main locale to LA.
- the show won't be any better than last season.

At this point I don't think the episode order is the biggest stickler point in negotiations but the budget. It obviously is not a 22 episode total.

FOX could say they will let Glee, say, have 13 episodes but at a 30-35 percent reduction in costs and anything over is swallowed by the production company of RIB.

Now that would make RIB negotiate a lower episode order much more willingly.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/30/2014, 12:18 pm

I don't even think that an outright cancelation can be taken completely out of consideration. When Glee is pulling in worse ratings than a show on the CW (and not a show like Vampire Diaries or Supernatural who have very loyal fanbases), then you know that things have gone very, very badly wrong. The network needs to revitalize itself and bring in a new audience and it's clear that Glee is not going to be a part of whatever new FOX network that survives the fallout.

While Ryan Murphy and his ilk bear the majority of the responsibility for Glee, the network had to be held to blame for not reining in Murphy when it became clear that the current track was losing the show viewers. The network had enough leverage that could have been used to force things back on track but instead let RM pretty much blow all of season 4 and then compound the mistake by extending the school year more than halfway into season 5. By then, the damage had been done and the audience that had tuned in for season 5 hoping to see something different only got more of the same. They're gone now and they're not coming back.

Whatever FOX offers to Glee to wrap up the series is nothing less than a gift since Glee has failed to earn it's keep for a very long time. It'll suck for Lea and Chris, who still give their best regardless of the crap storylines they have to carry, but I couldn't care much about the rest of the cast. Darren, Chord and the noobs had a far better run than they deserved.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/30/2014, 3:03 pm

^ glee has already "wrapped up" in the last finale. what else do they need to wrap?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/30/2014, 4:18 pm

fantastica wrote:^ glee has already "wrapped up" in the last finale. what else do they need to wrap?

Even at this late date FOX could cancel Glee outright, though alot of that would depend how the new FOX regime views Murphy and company.

RIB still have a show "AHS: with the FOX parent company, though they are not exclusively with the FOX family. "The Normal Heart", which looks like Emmys fodder, and a pilot centered around Sex are with HBO, and the canceled  "The New Normal" was with NBC.

Cancelling Glee would be a very public humiliation for Ryan, so my guess is that FOX will probably allow Glee to film again in some way, shape or form , be it 13 episodes or maybe less, and will air a couple of episodes in early 2015, if the episodes tank they will yank the rest of the episodes off a normal schedule and run them in filler slots or during the summer or just put them in the eventual DVD. 

That would be the smart thing for a network wanting to rebuild and to try to maintain a relationship with a showrunner who could potentially  bring them more projects; after all it is a business.  What I don't think is the scenario is that  FOX is quaking in its boots at this point terrified of offending the great Ryan Murphy.  Now that is sheer fantasy.  I'm guessing some people at FOX are pissed off at RIB, even if they themselves were complicit in the bungling of Glee.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/30/2014, 5:42 pm

That's very true, Buenos. As much as we might hate RM for what he's done to Glee in general (and Kurt/Chris in particular), he's still a very popular and influential producer who does put out good work. I loved Normal Heart and it reminded me that when he wants to, RM can really surprise us. He lost his grip with Glee, giving up on a good central narative and getting distracted by gimmicks and stunt guests and showing off his favorite prize ponies at the expense of the show as a whole.

It wouldn't make sense for FOX to completely alienate RM (though I think that they will be very cautious about letting him have some much artisitic control over a show in the future). As you said, they will likely end up working with him again in the future and allowing him to save face by giving him a few episodes to send Glee off is not going to hurt the network at this stage. They're not expecting Glee to bring any ratings and with a slashed budget and production schedule, it won't be a financial drain. It's all about saving face at this point.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/31/2014, 4:11 am

Max is in a movie "23 Blast".

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 12 Tumblr_n6ffroS1Ji1qjka6co1_500

@23blastmovie Game face on! @Mr_Max_Adler set the tone while filming. #23Blast comes to theaters Oct. 3. #BeReady
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 5/31/2014, 2:54 pm

Max really made the most out of the scraps Glee gave him. Good for him! He turned out to be far more talented than I initially would have guessed.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/1/2014, 1:06 am

I am enjoying Max's performance on Switched At Birth. He is doing a great job.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/2/2014, 10:50 am

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/gallery/kevin-reillys-11-questionable-choices-707942

Kevin Reilly's 11 Questionable Choices at Fox (Photos)
5:01 AM PDT 5/30/2014 by Lesley Goldberg, Michael O'Connell

The musical received a rare two-season renewal during its fourth run. At the time, the series was down only slightly year-over-year as the Ryan Murphy dramedy started to shift its focus between its Ohio high school setting and New York, a daunting split-location challenge that ultimately resulted in a complete shift in season five to New York. Following the death of star Cory Monteith, season five was trimmed and Glee's ratings plummeted to multiple series lows in the key adults 18-49 demographic. The show is the lowest-rated broadcast series returning to the schedule in 2014-15, and may see its 22-episode season reduced after being held for a midseason bow.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/2/2014, 11:36 am

Pretty much everyone outside of FOX recognizes what a bone-headed idea it was to give Glee a 2 year renewal agreement considerng that in season four ratings were on a steady downward slide. It would be one thing if Glee were still one of FOX's top rated programs, but ratings were softening and the show had lost a lot of its critical cashe with the focus on Blam, Bram and the noobs. I don't think anyone expected the bottom to completely fall out, but after Moving Out aired, Glee lost half of its remaining audience and it was all downhill from there.

I think that whatever chance Glee had of maintaining it's audience base was crushed with the extended school year at McKinley which meant being forcefed more of the failing concept. At least we didn't have additional McKinley-only episodes, but having to wait until New New York to finally ditch McKinley was just too little too late and burned up the last of the goodwill that the audience had left. And Reilly bears a huge amount of responsibility for not forcing the shift in focus to NY sooner. We went into season 5 with the idea that sooner rather than later the focus would shift to NY, but they waited until more than half the season was past do to so and by then it was too late to save their audience share.I don't know what kind of justification will be used for sell more than a few cursory episodes filmed on a shoestring budget at this stage, but to see a show go from not just having fantastic ratings, but enormous critical appeal and regularly nominated for prestigious awards to being listed as a primary reason for a high level network executive being shitcanned? That's just sad.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/2/2014, 3:04 pm

Jenna Ushkowitz & Amber Riley Join ‘Hair’ at Hollywood Bowl! justjaredjr.com
Glee‘s Jenna Ushkowitz and Amber Riley will be reuniting on stage this summer in the new production of the classic musical Hair at the Hollywood Bowl!
The ladies are joining Frozen‘s Kristen Bell and Weeds‘ Hunter Parrish in the cast.
“I’m over the moon about the cast we are assembling,” director Adam Shankman said in a statement. “The talent that I witnessed throughout the auditioning and overall casting process has been both mind blowing and deeply humbling. I’m in love with all of them. I can’t wait to get in there with everyone and rock the Bowl this summer, in ways that have never been done there before.”
Kristen will play Sheila, Hunter was cast as Claude, Amber is playing Dionne, and Jenna will take on Jeanie. Rounding out the announced cast is Beverly D’Angelo as Mom.
Hair will have three performances at the Hollywood Bowl this summer – Friday and Saturday, August 1 and 2, at 8 PM, and Sunday, August 3, at 7:30.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/2/2014, 5:39 pm

Well whatever the early strategy of Glee is , I doubt that Amber is going to have much of a SL as she is going to have to go through rehearsals for that "HAIR" concert at the Hollywood Bowl which means she will be busy the last week of July with the Adam Shankman production.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/2/2014, 5:48 pm

everything else now looks better than glee. who wants to stay?  Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/2/2014, 5:55 pm

fantastica wrote:everything else now looks better than glee. who wants to stay?  Smile

Well, as the leads of the show, Lea, Darren and Chord benefit the most from what is left of Glee, since they will get the bulk of the story lines and songs. 

For everyone else, including Matt, Chris, Naya, Kevin, and Artie it's time to try to map out the next part of their careers.

Jane is a different animal, since she is essentially "Glee proof" as far as her career.  If they use her a lot or a little this last season she will still be in demand and busier than ever with other projects.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/2/2014, 6:51 pm

As for Lea, Darren and Chord, will they really be benefited? Glee is not what used to be, and though they're not the guilty for the poor writing, still people will associate their faces with Glee.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next