Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 10 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  tanita_mors 5/22/2014, 3:39 pm

Buenos wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:i'm generally ok with lea. it's that some times she comes of rather fake. but, no one's perfect.

Actually I think she's sincere about having a thousand favorite songs and a thousand best friends, but that's just me.
could be. it's not like we actually know any of them.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 10 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  fantastica 5/22/2014, 3:54 pm

Ivana, my precious! would you kindly shrink your beautiful avatar again? don't care about the length but the width should stay within 150px, or at least less than 200px if you must make it wide. the avatar hides your text and i can't read it fully on my tablet no matter how I "zoom" it.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/22/2014, 4:14 pm

how about now ??? still too wide ????
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/22/2014, 4:59 pm

^ on both my pc and tablet it won't show up at all.  :(   can anybody else see Ivana's avatar?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/22/2014, 5:21 pm

The problem with Lea, when am I supposed to take her seriously? When is there real reason for excitement for Glee? Because she just loves everything and everyone. I just stop listening to her, because many times her statements turn out to be absolutely untrue. Especially in regard to Glee, where even the hardcore fanbase stopped trusting the writers.

I am happy they continue promoting Daleastreet, because it means Chris is less connected to the overall SL of the show. Also, it gives more insight that Chris really is only around limited time, because they are forced to NOT rely on Chris status and popularity.

Last edited by Lottie2303 on 5/22/2014, 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/22/2014, 5:49 pm

^Same.

The more often Lea calls everyone who happens to be in the spotlight at the moment or in Ryan's favor on Glee her "best friend 4evva!!!!!", and squeals about a new absolute most favorite song every other week, the less I care and can believe she is talking about something special this time.  Rolling Eyes 
I'm sure she's a lovely gal in real life (or else Chris wouldn't hang with her on set), but her public persona seems shallow and opportunist because of the way she presents herself.

So Daleastreet is still going strong.
Great, if this means Chris can do 'Noel' and Kurt won't be treated like crap too much again by his bf and bff in season 6 because he won't be in many episodes, then I'm fine with it.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/22/2014, 5:50 pm

As a big Lea fan I agree you can't take her cheerleading very serious, however she has always been that way on Glee from day one.  coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/22/2014, 6:15 pm

Buenos wrote:As a big Lea fan I agree you can't take her cheerleading very serious, however she has always been that way on Glee from day one.   coool 

Well I never liked her. So there is that fanny2 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/22/2014, 6:21 pm

i am indifferent to her, and she is doing her job. so there's that.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/22/2014, 8:01 pm

I'm with those who can't take Lea seriously sometimes as she claims she's friends with lot of people, and find everything so wonderful. But probably that is her public persona, being cheerful with her projects, the thing is some people find that over exaggerated. However, and having said, a side of me still believe she's real when she says she likes Chris, but one thing is being friends, and nother thing is being 'super besties'
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/22/2014, 9:10 pm

Lea said in her book she doesn't hang out with Chris as much as she used to, but that the bond is as deep as ever. TBH, it's also Chris who has a BF and has said he won't even get a vacation this summer who is beyond busy. Chris and Lea have known each other and worked together for 6 years, doubt he's worried how many times Lea says or doesn't say they are friends at this point.  coool 

I have good friends who I haven't been able to have a night out with for months and in some cases years(!) and yet we can pick up again without skipping a beat. Those who will give Lea the BOD will, and those who won't, won't, so there's that.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/22/2014, 9:12 pm

So what was to stop Lea from going to Chris's birthday party this year? Or for the past few years? I can't remember the last time they went out to do something that was strictly social and not work related.

I'm not going to start a fight here, but while I think that Lea sincerely likes and is fond of Chris, the depth of their friendship is, IMO, vastly overblown. They're good work friends, but I don't think it goes beyond that.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/22/2014, 9:22 pm

Ranwing wrote:So what was to stop Lea from going to Chris's birthday party this year? Or for the past few years?

I'm not going to start a fight here, but while I think that Lea sincerely likes and is fond of Chris, the depth of their friendship is, IMO, vastly overblown. They're good work friends, but I don't think it goes beyond that.

Since we don't know their personal lives and circumstances I find questioning her for missing his Birthday parties scant evidence of a lack of closeness.

But why not  bitch about Lea here for the 1000the time, eh?   coool

Just my opinion, but it seems some in the fandom are annoyed she considers Darren and Chord friends, the horror.  Rolling Eyes 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/22/2014, 10:22 pm

I don't want to discuss what kind of friendship Chris and Lea have, they only know how it is. But I got why some people has doubts as they're not many photos of them hanging out, though I remember a few, and recently she said she considers darren and chord best friends. If she thinks that, fine. But, can I be honest? for me the real best friend of Lea is Jon Groff and also a blonde girl she names sometimes. When it comes to other people, I'm not so sure. But again is speculation.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/22/2014, 10:40 pm

just because people are good friends doesn't mean they have a lot of things in common. Lea may not like those costume party things. she may not like the party scenes at all, or she may not like the crowd that chris usually hangs out with. that's perfectly fine. they are friends, not lovers. they don't have to be glued at the hips.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/22/2014, 10:45 pm

There was plenty of photos of Lea with Cory yet there was rampant speculation from some that their relationship was staged or fake.  coool  So with Lea, abundance of photos or lack of photos is used interchangeably at times.. IMO. Boils down to if someone wants to give her the BOD as opposed to some conclusive evidence me thinks.

Goes without saying I"m not stopping anyone else from giving their dissenting opinion.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/22/2014, 11:19 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

So Daleastreet is still going strong.
Great, if this means Chris can do 'Noel' and Kurt won't be treated like crap too much again by his bf and bff in season 6 because he won't be in many episodes, then I'm fine with it.

Totally agree, 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/23/2014, 12:11 am

Chris and Lea went to a Beyonce concert last year and some of the Glee cast didn't go with them, but were there as well.

Lea is doing PR, that is all this is.

The fact we know nothing about Kurt's story could mean there is no need to as yet as it won't be on the screen until later when Chris is available.

Chris should be available for a photo shoot in July to show that he is still in the show.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2014, 1:46 am

Just my guess, but Chris (for now) ending his book signing tour on Saturday, July 19, in Los Angeles indicates he's probably got either pre shoot, costume fittings, recording sessions or actual filming the next week for Glee and has to be close to LA.  

Lea mentioned production starts up again in July.

It would make sense they can get as much Chris available for filming before he has a start on his "Noel " movie.

Have to keep reminding myself it's not a holiday/Christmas movie.   coool

The cynic in me thinks it doesn't matter if Glee has an order for 2, 6, 8 or 10, 13 episodes; it will be late minute rushed writing and slap dash SL contortions as opposed to a well thought out series ending arc.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2014, 1:59 am

"Chris Colfer’s on the Cher…he’s the one trying to make [Cher songs on Glee] happen."

— Lea Michele on Watch What Happens Live After Show
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/23/2014, 2:01 am

I am not saying this is the case, but if   Kurt is just going to be is a househusband  who gave  up his dreams, if he storylines  only involved  Blaine and or Rachel I want Chris to be in little as possible for season 6. Both Kurt and Chris deserves better. If he is not just a househusband and  have success  of his own, and have  storylines   that does not just involved Blaine  and  or Rachel I want Chris  to be in as  much as possible  for season 6.  A bonus  would be Kurt Leaving Blaine   for good.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2014, 1:52 pm

Pretty much just a rehash of recent events..

Still the media is taking it as a foregone conclusion that Glee is getting 13 episodes if not less...

http://cartermatt.com/121065/glee-season-6-spoilers-long-will-lea-michele-chris-colfers-last-chapter/

Is the final encore for “Glee” going to be a shorter one than you first thought? You better believe it, based on some of what we are hearing now.

At this point a year ago, the belief was that the show was going to get two 22-episode seasons to close the door on a show that was once a phenomenon. It launched the careers of Lea Michele, Chris Colfer, and others, and opened up musicals as TV possibilities again. All of this is still true, but the ratings suggest that the show is going out now with more of a whimper than it is with a flourish.

Thanks to these low ratings (which include losing to almost everything come finale night), TVLine is reporting now that discussions between Fox and the show could lead to there being a sixth season of just 13 episodes. This is the length of last year’s first season of “Sleepy Hollow,” and also the length of many cable shows.

We know that for some people, this will be a letdown since it does mean less content. At the same time, however, we feel like this can work out pretty well for the show. Fewer episodes mean opportunities to compress the story, and give us tales that reflect more specific characters and their journeys. For the rest of the summer, we see us avidly supporting the idea of Kurt (Chris Colfer), Rachel (Lea Michele), and many more getting isolated episodes so that we can see specific updates as to where they are in the time that has passed since the fifth-season finale.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/23/2014, 1:56 pm

For me, what would end up working best is for there to be a signifigant time jump (2-3 years) that would allow most of the characters to be done with school and working on their professional careers. Maybe devote an episode to each of the main leads and do something along the lines of "where are they now?". This would work especially well for Kurt since Chris is going to be away filming for part of the season. They can get his episode in the can first and then focus on the others. Then spend the last few episodes doing the final wrap up.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2014, 2:24 pm

Ranwing wrote:For me, what would end up working best is for there to be a signifigant time jump (2-3 years) that would allow most of the characters to be done with school and working on their professional careers. Maybe devote an episode to each of the main leads and do something along the lines of "where are they now?". This would work especially well for Kurt since Chris is going to be away filming for part of the season. They can get his episode in the can first and then focus on the others. Then spend the last few episodes doing the final wrap up.

Yea, if Glee is resuming filming in July, and if Chris movies doesn't start until late August, there is no reason that Chris can't get 3-4 weeks of filming in, which is the equivalent of about 3 episodes appearances.  With the show not going on air until next year, they can more easily accommodate an absence from filming while still giving him a series ending focus.  It would require a well planned out and self disciplined filming schedule.

Glee, alas, is not a well planned out and self disciplined show.

When they start production in July, with a  known ( by then) specific order of episodes left, say 13, RIB should have mapped out precisely how the season  will unfold.  Even if the scripts are not all written by July, they should have an outline for each one of those  X number of episodes specifically.  One would think.

The crazy thing is that Ryan Murphy has to do this on "American  Horror Story" which is an anthology series with a shelf life for SL's of one year. AHS only gets 13 episodes a year.  They could apply that same structure  to Glee for this  last season as far as a season long arc;  but I suspect  instead of telling the Glee story, Ryan  will get focused on  which guest stars he wants to appear, and what particular musical number he gets obsessed with.  The idea that 13 or less episodes will reign him in is laughable.  

I fully expect Gwyneth Paltrow and Becky  to show up and hog up the season finale.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/23/2014, 4:03 pm

Buenos wrote:

"Chris Colfer’s on the Cher…he’s the one trying to make [Cher songs on Glee] happen."

— Lea Michele on Watch What Happens Live After Show
Wanna bet he's lobbying for one of the songs from 'Burlesque'?  Razz

My money is on You Haven't Seen the Last of Me (which happens to be one of the songs I've  always wanted Kurt to sing).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next