General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Buenos on 5/16/2014, 3:20 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
Buenos wrote: Funny you mention them,  Chris has 6 degrees of separation to all 4 series..

Bryan Fuller the show runner of "Hannibal" gushes about his  Chris love (" I fucking love that kid") online in twitter, of course Grant Gustin with Arrow/Flash, and in "One upon the time" one of the leads Jennifer Morrison actually was a producer of Glee it's first year, as she helped bring the original draft to the attention of Ryan Murphy.  IIRC Glee was based in part on her and one of the other Glee's producer (Brad or Ian's) HS experiences.

So you never know, Chris could do a guest starring role in any of them... Razz

Wait, what?!  Shocked 

from Jennifer's very own  facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/jennifer-morrison/answers-to-twitter-questions/417153916577

2. "I continue to produce and write. I am one of the producers that found GLEE and brought it to Ryan Murphy. I did not stay involved creatively, but I am credited as an associated producer on the first season for my involvement in finding it and helping to get it into the right hands. I am working on pitches for other projects of my own as well. "

tanita mors wrote:morrison is a close friend with ian brennan if i'm not mistaken.

Yup, they went to the same high school Prospect High back in Mount Prospect, Illinois.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 5/16/2014, 3:34 pm

Thank you very much! That is actually very interesting. I did not know that about Jennifer Morrison.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 5/16/2014, 3:47 pm

I'm also impressed to found out that Jennifer Morrison was involved with Glee in season one, wow this business is so small. Or the world.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning on 5/16/2014, 8:08 pm

Found this on tumblr and thought why don't I just leave this here........  Wink  tonguue 

The fact that not one Blaine solo made it past 100 on iTunes in season 5, and that not one Klaine duet made it either, is hysterical.

http://www.itunescharts.net/us/artists/music/glee-cast/

Strange...... I thought Blaine was the BEST and he makes Glee ALL the monies from him 'dreamy' vocal cords and puppy eyes! And Klaine is why people love Glee!

Hell, Kurt was in more songs on that list than Blaine.  So was Mercedes and if you count hall of fame, Artie and Sam had more too.

What is REALLY shocking is Santana actually has more on the charts than Rachel, BOTH had one solo on the charts, their is 2 duets by them on the charts, and they are in 2 group numbers together on the charts so that is 1 solo that they have separate and 4 songs they have on the charts with each other.  Both have 5 songs on the chart.

Now SEPARATE, Rachel is in a group number with Mercedes and Kurt. That makes her solo and that Kurtcedes group number her only songs she had that Santana was not in.

Santana was in Unholy Trinity group number and a Brittana duet, that makes 3 songs she was in that Rachel was not, Rachel has sung quite a lot this season 2, especially since Santana have been gone since they moved fully to New York. I wont lie, I prefer Santana over Rachel anyways, vacoally and as a character. But yeah, season 5 music wise people are officially tired of Bland.  banzai

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 5/16/2014, 8:30 pm

Its a weird feeling that I honestly haven't a clue what FOX is going to do at this stage with Glee...

I could see the following scenarios...ranked least likely to most likely

1) keep their current order of 22-24 episodes for season 6
2) cancel the show outright as of now
3) half a cut order from 6-16 episodes
4) conclude with a two or four hour mini series of Glee wrap up movie

3 and 4 are sort of interchangeable by me... coool 

As a Kurt fan it's a weird position to be in, because we know that Chris has his movie shoot that could take up to 2 months to film in London. So any curtailed production of Glee impacts how long he will be on the show.

I think I speak for some Kurt fans in that at this point the movie shoot is far more important to Chris future plans than any shortened season of Glee.

Never the less..

My opinion is that Chris even now feels a fierce loyalty and allegiance to Glee, it literally changed his life so I'm thinking if there is closure with Glee he wants to be with it.

LBR, if RIB wanted to be pills they could have refused to let Chris go for the London shoot, after all they blinked on letting Matt Morrison go for the Broadway planned Barrie musical.

IF there is a shortened Glee season, everything is up in the air, Chris may start planning yet another movie right away, its just so scrambled right now. coool 
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez on 5/16/2014, 10:17 pm

While I was concerned about the seemingly lack of Kurt for the sixth season a week ago, the tide has changed.The potential of the season finale working as a series finale has left me feeling rather indifferent to how they carry on in the story, if at all. I think I'm ok with where things stood. Add on top of that the long hiatus and Chris' upcoming projects...my interest is just elsewhere now.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/16/2014, 11:41 pm

mindschemez wrote:While I was concerned about the seemingly lack of Kurt for the sixth season a week ago, the tide has changed.The potential of the season finale working as a series finale has left me feeling rather indifferent to how they carry on in the story, if at all. I think I'm ok with where things stood. Add on top of that the long hiatus and Chris' upcoming projects...my interest is just elsewhere now.

I think that is the same for a lot of fans.

Glee just seems so unimportant now.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth on 5/16/2014, 11:48 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
I think that is the same for a lot of fans.

Glee just seems so unimportant now.

I think it was that way for the writers and producers as well.
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 5/17/2014, 1:32 am

For those who're sad there is no Glee during the fall, I just read The Flash will be on air on Tuesdays. Hopefully is better than Glee.

Anything can be better,right?

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/17/2014, 1:43 am

brisallie wrote:For those who're sad there is no Glee during the fall, I just read The Flash will be on air on Tuesdays. Hopefully is better than Glee.

Given that the whole cast can act, I think that makes it better.

And it isn't by RIB so no picking favourites, or pushing the best talent to the side lines to bring the mediocre forward because one of the creators has a boner over them.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 5/17/2014, 2:25 am

ColferInspired wrote:
brisallie wrote:For those who're sad there is no Glee during the fall, I just read The Flash will be on air on Tuesdays. Hopefully is better than Glee.

Given that the whole cast can act, I think that makes it better.

And it isn't by RIB so no picking favourites, or pushing the best talent to the side lines to bring the mediocre forward because one of the creators has a boner over them.

True,I agree 100%.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 5/17/2014, 7:16 am

mindschemez wrote:While I was concerned about the seemingly lack of Kurt for the sixth season a week ago, the tide has changed.The potential of the season finale working as a series finale has left me feeling rather indifferent to how they carry on in the story, if at all. I think I'm ok with where things stood. Add on top of that the long hiatus and Chris' upcoming projects...my interest is just elsewhere now.
Same here.

Although part of me wanted the agony to be over of watching Kurt being turned into a doormat a little bit more every episode, I also admit I panicked a bit when Kevin Reilly started talking about a reduced season and Glee only coming back in 2015.
I "needs" my Chris fix after all.  Smile 

But after the season 5 finale, which leaves most characters in a decent place and Klaine together but unmarried and still a bit on shaky grounds (so anything can happen), and especially after the terrible ratings that episode got, I'm okay with Glee ending now.
I don't want to watch Rachel being the most special snowflake in LA too, and people blowing smoke up her ass again. Same with Blaine. Glee was still a tiny bit enjoyable when it was in New York (if I had to watch it anyway for Chris/Kurt), but going to LA will make it even worse.

As soon as I read the 'Noel' news all thoughts of regret for possibly losing/missing Glee was completely gone.
I'm so glad that Chris' team announced the movie right after the Glee finale, as I was dreading the long hiatus, not so much for Glee but for news about Chris. What will he do now? Will he get other roles? Will we still hear and see of him regularly? Will this community fade and die if Chris goes mostly behind the scenes from now on?

I think my feelings about this all became very clear when the morning after the Glee season 5 finale (my European morning, when I usually download the episode to watch it) I  read the 'Noel' news and spent all of my free time that day reading, posting and reblogging about 'Noel', and didn't even feel any need to watch the Glee finale (after I read here how it ended).
All anxiety about what's next for Chris and Glee (which reached its peak when he wasn't at the Upfronts) evaporated, because I knew that Chris will have high profile work in the near future and so many more good things are to come (Robodog, Hot in Cleveland, TLoS 3+4).
Chris is not dependant of Glee anymore, and now we as his fans are not either: we can see him in other projects from now on.

Even if Glee gets a few episodes to wrap things up and the inevitable Klaine wedding will happen I'll probably sputter and mutter a bit about it, but the fuming at the mouth feelings I usually would get are basically gone now. Why even bother anymore? Glee is practically dead now.
That's why I couldn't even be irritated by Kurt having to go back to Blaine again to talk things out and forgive in 5x20.

Although I admit I will miss Kurt a lot: I loved him before I loved Chris.  :(
But I'd rather see him where he is now, still studying at NYADA and in New York, with Elliot and Dani still in his band even when it is on hiatus now, and with the possibility of him finally getting fed up with Blaine and kicking him to the curb, then having to watch him give everything up and follow Rachel and Blaine to LA.

I'm free! 

Last edited by Glorfindel on 5/17/2014, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 5/17/2014, 7:42 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Same here.

Although part of me wanted the agony to be over of watching Kurt being turned into a doormat a little bit more every episode, I also admit I panicked a bit when Kevin Reilly started talking about a reduced season and Glee only coming back in 2015.
I "needs" my Chris fix after all.  Smile 

But after the season 5 finale, which leaves most characters in a decent place and Klaine together but unmarried and still a bit on shaky grounds (so anything can happen), and especially after the terrible ratings that episode got, I'm okay with Glee ending now.
I don't want to watch Rachel being the most special snowflake in LA too, and people blowing smoke up her ass again. Same with Blaine. Glee was still a tiny bit enjoyable when it was in New York (if I had to watch it anyway for Chris/Kurt), but going to LA will make it even worse.

As soon as I read the 'Noel' news all thoughts of regret for possibly losing/missing Glee was completely gone.
I'm so glad that Chris' team announced the movie right after the Glee finale, as I was dreading the long hiatus, not so much for Glee but for news about Chris. What will he do now? Will he get other roles? Will we still hear and see of him regularly? Will this community fade and die if Chris goes mostly behind the scenes from now on?

I think my feelings about this all became very clear when the morning after the Glee season 5 finale (my European morning, when I usually download the episode to watch it) I  read the 'Noel' news and spend all of my free time that day reading, posting and reblogging about 'Noel', and didn't even feel any need to watch the Glee finale (after I read here how it ended).
All anxiety about what's next for Chris and Glee (which reached its peak when he wasn't at the Upfronts) evaporated, because I knew that Chris will have high profile work in the near future and so many more good things are to come.
Chris is not dependant of Glee anymore, and now we as his fans are not either: we can see him in other projects from now on.

Even if Glee gets a few episodes to wrap things up and the inevitable Klaine wedding will happen, I'll probably sputter and mutter a bit about it but the fuming at the mouth feelings I usually would get are basically gone now. Why even bother anymore? Glee is practically dead now.
That's why I couldn't even be irritated by Kurt having to go back to Blaine again to talk things out and forgive in 5x20.

Although I will miss Kurt a lot: I loved him before I loved Chris.  :(
But I'd rather see him where he is now, still studying at NYADA and in New York, with Elliot and Dani still in his band even when it is on hiatus now, and with the possibility of him finally getting fed up with Blaine and kicking him to the curb, then having to watch him give everything up and follow Rachel and Blaine to LA.

I'm free! 

Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 5/17/2014, 7:49 am

^TBH I will forever yearn S1 Kurt. I still love Kurt, I totally love Chris, but I fell in love with a sarcastic little shit, who would have blackmailed his class mates to reach his goal. It ever stood right with me that Kurt was transformed into such a baby penguin, who needed guidance from *anyone* (let alone Blaine, who realistically speaking, basically told Kurt to get beaten up). I know, I know, I like the explanation for the bullying arc, but in my opinion that arc was amazingly acted but I just would have liked a different outcome. Heck, in my personal headcanon Kurt found reasons for blackmail, to get his bullies off his back. Kurt never was a saint, and I hate how RIB tried to force that part down our throat. Especially in later seasons, when Kurt was only a cheerleader for everyone, but his ambitions totally got dismissed/neglected/ignored. It was only Chris acting, that saved Kurt as character. RIB did a damn good job to destroy Kurt otherwise, which is a slap in the same for all those kids who really and sincerely identified with Kurt. Especially, because there is still no other character like Kurt on television they could turn to.

Hence I am probably such a big Kurtbastian shipper, because in FF's, I usually see the more mature grown-up S1 Kurt.

I have not seen the finale, but based on gifsets, I actually think the show ends at a good point. Klaine will never separate on the show, but right now they are on equal ground. We know S6 will otherwise be about Blaine's success story, while Kurt's will be mentioned in the last 5 minutes in a throwaway line during the finale. Heck, my headcannon will tell me a different story anyway.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/17/2014, 8:59 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^TBH I will forever yearn S1 Kurt. I still love Kurt, I totally love Chris, but I fell in love with a sarcastic little shit, who would have blackmailed his class mates to reach his goal. It ever stood right with me that Kurt was transformed into such a baby penguin, who needed guidance from *anyone* (let alone Blaine, who realistically speaking, basically told Kurt to get beaten up). I know, I know, I like the explanation for the bullying arc, but in my opinion that arc was amazingly acted but I just would have liked a different outcome. Heck, in my personal headcanon Kurt found reasons for blackmail, to get his bullies off his back. Kurt never was a saint, and I hate how RIB tried to force that part down our throat. Especially in later seasons, when Kurt was only a cheerleader for everyone, but his ambitions totally got dismissed/neglected/ignored. It was only Chris acting, that saved Kurt as character. RIB did a damn good job to destroy Kurt otherwise, which is a slap in the same for all those kids who really and sincerely identified with Kurt. Especially, because there is still no other character like Kurt on television they could turn to.

Hence I am probably such a big Kurtbastian shipper, because in FF's, I usually see the more mature grown-up S1 Kurt.

I have not seen the finale, but based on gifsets, I actually think the show ends at a good point. Klaine will never separate on the show, but right now they are on equal ground.  We know S6 will otherwise be about Blaine's success story, while Kurt's will be mentioned in the last 5 minutes in a throwaway line during the finale. Heck, my headcannon will tell me a different story anyway.

That is why I fell in love with fan fiction Kurtbastian for the same reason.

We did get strong mature Kurt in Season 5 but they didn't keep with it as by 18 he was going back to Season 3 Kurt.

"Tested" will be the Kurt I always wanted him to be.

They should have built that to Kurt getting more successes at Nyada.

But then it was about Klaine, which was so unnecessary.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 5/17/2014, 9:27 am

ColferInspired wrote:They should have built that to Kurt getting more successes at Nyada.

I actually disagree with this to an extend. Glee S4-6 should have been about failure and being one of many. NYADA should have been about failed auditions, great auditions but still getting rejections, receiving stupid/silly parts, being part of student projects, etc. All of the characters should have realized they need to work hard and be dedicated. Kurt is suddenly one of many young, hay men who have a wide range of voice (i.e. they could have ventured by copying Chris and Kurt starts writing, producing and starring his own plays). Rachel is one of many young ladies who all have star potential. Heck, I would have liked one character realizing they are actually not interested in arts. Take even Kurt, who loves singing, but realizes his love is actually in fashion. Also the first "big" part should have been a small, supporting part in the background. Then with a bit of luck, talent and dedication no one would have minded the Funny Brice SL. All that yada.

Those stories could have been fun. We would have rooted for them. But Rachel's success really resonates with no one, so her final triumph reached such a mediocre reaction from the audience.

On top of that, the golden trio being single and "grown up" in NYC. All the blind date, discovering bars/clubs, getting drunk, meeting people.

Glee was a greaking goldmine of acting talent and stories to tell. However they chose the very lazy and uninspiring path. And now they wonder why Glee failed so hard  Rolling Eyes 
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 5/17/2014, 10:54 am

My suspicion is that the Season 5 finale figuratively took the wind out of everybody's sails: the fans, the network and even RIB.

That .6 Demo is probably the lowest Demo EVER for a season finale for a renewed show, the first Major network show to lose to the CW for a finale. I believe overall Glee is the lowest rated show of all the 4 networks. Any pretense that Glee is still "special" because of social media, teenage demographics, etc has been completely shattered. Forget guaranteed renewal, nobody would be shocked at this point if Glee was cancelled.

So I think even Glee die hard fans seeing all that, coupled with Glee being off the air for 8 months, have no choice but essentially to move on.

Ironically, Kurt fans are in a much better position (for once!) because Chris calender is so filled up this summer that it's almost en embarrassment of riches. He's got his LOS book tour and release ( with hopefully media appearances) , then we have the "Hot in Cleveland" appearance in August, mixed in there is shooting of the Noel movie in London for I'm assuming 6-8 weeks which promises to be so different from Glee. We can also add that by the time he finishes the movie, in between maybe starting On Glee again, there will probably news when Chris ' Robo Dog' movie will be coming out in 2015. Before you know it the new LOS will be released next summer, and after that we will get news of at least one more movie project ( if we interpreted Chris interview right). I'm not even including the "Asylum" movie possibly finally heading into production.

Suddenly " Glee" is only one of Chris many projects and because of it's wounded state, only ostensibly his " main" job at this point.

If Glee does film and air next spring Chris would have moved on by then in a way Lea, Darren, etc have not quite. So Glee is different for Chris now in the context of his career.

Having said that , I doubt any future movie or a TV show will have the same cultural impact that S1 Glee had, nor do iconic characters like Kurt come that often for an actor.

So I'm hoping Glee can somehow muster up some last dignity for It's last hurrah. I think the episode order will tell some of the story.

Despite everything, I do think others involved with Glee have affection for Kurt and Chris and the end will still be bittersweet. Just so many mixed feeling fo me at this point regarding Glee. I hope they can at least exit the building with some decent fanfare.

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth on 5/17/2014, 10:54 am

I feel like Kurt has had enough failure for one character for the rest of Glee's days. He has been the whipping boy for RIB long enough. In my head cannon all the other characters work at theme parks, cruise ships and McDonalds. Kurt, meanwhile, was lead in an Emmy winning series, won a Tony for his role as Tony, has multi-Grammy album, has written and published several award-winning books, is a top model for magazines and is currently filming an Oscar worthy movie. He is loved and adored by Sebastian Smythe, a writer and publicist for Kurt. Kurt is in a healthy, happy place and never looks back on his days as a doormat and a prop.
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 5/17/2014, 10:57 am

I just don't think Kurt was ever portrayed as a doormat, mileage and all.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth on 5/17/2014, 11:03 am

Definition of doormat:

Someone who's really nice, kind, generous and sweet; often also smart and funny. They can be outgoing and extroverted, but still allow certain/most people to walk all over them. They are dedicated friends and partners, and infallibly there for anyone who needs them with advice, support, money, and expect nothing in return. They desperately wish one day that someone will call them a friend and mean it, but for now they are happy to be a friend to everyone else no matter what the personal cost.
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 5/17/2014, 11:18 am

That's Fine, but I don't think that defines *the* character of Kurt.

Being supportive of people you love isn't the same as being a doormat, now the show may neglect showing more of Kurt's career arc more, I grant you that, but the character is ambitious and driven.

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF on 5/17/2014, 2:47 pm

Buenos wrote:That's Fine, but I don't think that defines *the* character of Kurt.

Being supportive of people you love isn't the same as being a doormat, now the show may neglect showing more of Kurt's career arc more, I grant you that,  but the character is ambitious and driven.  

It really doesn't matter how "ambitious and driven" you perceive Kurt as; he exists now to prop Rachel and Blaine. He is the definition of a doormat. He puts them before himself and exists to tell them how "talented and beautiful" (his words) they are. He now chooses to trust his untrustworthy partner which screams self effacing fool to me and probably anyone who has had a failure of a partner. Thank god for fan fiction.

Last edited by TimF on 5/17/2014, 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 5/17/2014, 2:51 pm

TimF wrote:
Buenos wrote:That's Fine, but I don't think that defines *the* character of Kurt.

Being supportive of people you love isn't the same as being a doormat, now the show may neglect showing more of Kurt's career arc more, I grant you that,  but the character is ambitious and driven.  

It really doesn't matter how "ambitious and driven" you perceive Kurt as; he exists now to prop Rachel and Blaine. He is the definition if a doormat. He puts them before himself and exists to tell them how "talented and beautiful" (his words) they are. He now chooses to trust his untrustworthy partner which screams self effacing fool to me and probably anyone who has had a failure of a partner. Thank god for fan fiction.

True,I agree.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 5/17/2014, 4:28 pm

In real life as in fiction forgiveness is a character trait. Kurt has always displayed that trait, regardless. He's forgiven Karofsky among others, and even let Sebastian off the hook.

As to Rachel, everyone on the show is a prop to her storyline at this point.

I lament Kurt's lack of screentime as much as everyone, but even in this last June/Blaine/Kurt SL I hardly think Kurt was thrown under the bus. Kurt to me is confident and sure of himself, that he chooses to love Blaine is a judgement call, LOL.  coool Blaine's "I'm the luckiest guy alive" I actually take at face value.  Razz
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning on 5/17/2014, 8:43 pm

Waiting for some more news

ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top