Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

+28
tophercolfer
Divalicious
mindschemez
Sunshine 2012
angelnessa
Delight
Catt24
brisallie
TimF
Ireth
bayth
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Ranwing
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
Kurt addict
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
Lottie2303
Georgette888
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
ColferInspired
sheny
32 posters

Page 5 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next

Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 5 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  sjonnepon 5/14/2014, 10:56 am

ColferInspired wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:See I don't think I can handle this....it's so much bigger than any of us expected. I love everything Noel Coward has done. I was one of those quirky high school kids who scoured the local main library stocks for anything Coward wrote and that wasn't easy in the late 90's when we didn't have internet.

He was considered charming, witty and funny, yet a big of a wise crack with a bit of an smell of sarcasm...remind someone???!!?? And besides Bennet he's one of the few male writers I really admire and secretly want to be able to write alike.

I have to take a breather...omg. Phuuu!

Chris was keeping this secret for so long.

I wondered what the heck was going on when I saw one of my followers yelling Noel Coward in big bold letters, then it dawned on me before I saw the news article.

I was speechless for a full ten minutes.

This is his first motion picture.

I can't wait for set pics, as knowing Chris we will get plenty.  Smile

ngl, for the first few seconds after i read about it first i just saw "Chris Colfer, "movie" and "noel" so for a few seconds i thought that he was going to play in a christmasmovie Razz 
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 5 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  valkeakuulas 5/14/2014, 10:58 am

I just realised that I complained few weeks ago that Glee didn't allow Chris to sing any Coward! They might get him to sing all the marvelous little ditties! Aaaaaargh! panik 
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/14/2014, 11:04 am

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 5 Tumblr_n5khaqLoW91qe476yo1_500

They are just too funny.  Razz
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/14/2014, 11:12 am

Whoa. When Chris said he had a movie coming up and the announcement would be forthcoming - I never expected anything this big. I've been smiling through all the comments here. It's a great day to be a Colferite. Talent recognizes talent and for Chris to be offered a lead role in a major motion picture with legendary actors is sweet confirmation of this.

Congratulations Chris! You've earned this through all the sweat and tears you gone through the last 5 1/2 years.  panik 
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/14/2014, 11:17 am

So... for everyone in the NYC area... should we plan a field trip to go see this on opening night?
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/14/2014, 11:23 am

Glorfindel wrote:OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  panik  panik  panik 

Chris being the LEAD!!!!!!!!!
British accent!!!!!!!
Possibly working with those big names!!!!!!!
Noel Coward was everything Chris is: writer, actor, singer(!!!!!!).

This role is perfect for Chris, and it will be a British production too, so Chris made an impression overseas as well (besides in Hollywood). And it really takes a good actor to, as an American, be chosen over a British actor in a British production.
 bounce 

Not even hiding: I'm legit crying over this.   crycry

Yep, my thoughts exactly!!!  hiphopa 

Kurt addict wrote:
Buenos wrote:
The project, which has already attracted sales heat for Metro International ahead of Cannes,

Our Baby may be headed to the European film festivals...I know, I know.. I'm projecting way ahead of time, but Chris  in a red carpet premiere at Cannes....!!

Don't judge me..!!

bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce 

Ok, you can judge me.
Not judging you I'm already thinking Oscar nominations

Heheheh after the news sunk in I began thinking about this too...  ooppss But even if it doesn't happen, it's still so great! But fingers crossed.  Smile 

tanita_mors wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:The news are getting better and better. I somehow thought this is a small indie, but with all those prestigious names attached  ohmy 

I just really hope Chris will nail the accent. So many actors in the past were slammed for accents, despite great acting. Chris really, really needs to nail it (but I am optimist and know Chris is a perfectionist).
my thoughts exactly. if he nails the accent or does reasonably well on it, should be a real star making turn for him, or at least give him some major acting credibility that isn't connected to glee.

Yep, exactly.  neutre 

I've had a few hours to let this sink in...and I'm still all squee-y and excited.  bounce hola 
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/14/2014, 12:18 pm

The Film Review @thefilmreview
So from our @ mentions it seems safe to say @chriscolfer is a popular choice for the Noel Coward biopic? Glad to hear it. He's a good actor.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 5/14/2014, 1:10 pm

I'm so late to the party, but wow is it good to be a Colferite right now!  Imagine my surprise when I go to bed characteristically early and sleep in uncharacteristacally late to wake and have my Tumblr dash exploding with Chris' awesome news.   Noel Coward!!!  Chris is going places!  I love using exclamation points for positive things here for a change. 
 hola   aa54  bounce  hiphopa  wub  hola
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2014, 2:03 pm

EW being behind on the news, as always  Rolling Eyes :

Chris Colfer may lead Noel Coward biopic

By Andrea Towers on May 14, 2014 at 10:45AM Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 5 Twitter-bird-16x16@atvgeek82
Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 5 Chris-Colfer
Image Credit: Valerie Macon/Invision/AP

It’s been a big spring for Chris Colfer. Last week saw the debut of the first Glee episode he wrote — and now, according to ScreenDaily, Colfer has reportedly signed on to star in a Noel Coward biopic, tentatively titled Noel.

The film, which focuses on the life and influences of the famous British playwright — best known for his classic works Private Lives and Blithe Spirit – will be produced by Joe Stephenson with a script by Martin Sherman (Bent, Mrs. Henderson Presents). Sir Ian McKellen, Vanessa Redgrave and Jonathan Pryce are also in are in talks to join the cast.
Developed in conjunction with the British Film Institute and the Noel Coward Estate, this will be the second feature film for the British director, who recently finished work on the drama Chicken, starring Yasmin Paige. Production is set to begin in the UK in late summer.

Colfer’s rep hasn’t yet responded to EW’s request for comment.
EW
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2014, 2:06 pm

"may"? chris has been attached to this project for over a year and he's the only main guy who is confirmed to be in this movie. i think Sir Ian and others are close to closing the deal. usually when they mention "talks" it's already at the last stage of it. now that glee is unlikely to return they may have more freedom w/ scheduling etc. in order to accommodate one or more of these big names.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2014, 2:21 pm

I do think Chris should wear a classic black tux for the premiere in Cannes.

You can judge me again.

The Anglophile actress Kristin Scott Thomas said there is nothing to compare with the red carpet photo opportunity at a Cannes premeire..she said nothing can top that for an actor... Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/14/2014, 2:31 pm

I want to see Sir Ian and his bestie, Sir Patrick adopt Chris and parade him all over England getting into all sorts of hijinks and mischief while off set.

As for Cannes... Chris looks amazing in Vivian Westwood and he wore one of her tuxes a few years ago that had contrasting tones of black that looked amazing on him. He can afford to be a little fashion foward, but he never pushing the boundary too far (Kevin, take a note here).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/14/2014, 2:35 pm

I'm thinking about Britain. Noel Coward is a national treasure and I would think Queen Elizabeth met him at some point. I was picturing a command royal premiere with The Royals in house watching 'Noel' with Chris being front and center next to Queen Elizabeth.

bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2014, 2:39 pm

bayth wrote:I'm thinking about Britain.  Noel Coward is a national treasure and I would think Queen Elizabeth met him at some point.  I was picturing a command royal premiere with The Royals in house watching 'Noel' with Chris being front and center next to Queen Elizabeth.  

I think the poor boy would pass out and his voice would rise another three octaves when he came to.... coool
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 5/14/2014, 2:44 pm

Buenos wrote:
bayth wrote:I'm thinking about Britain.  Noel Coward is a national treasure and I would think Queen Elizabeth met him at some point.  I was picturing a command royal premiere with The Royals in house watching 'Noel' with Chris being front and center next to Queen Elizabeth.  

I think the poor boy would pass out and his voice would rise another three octaves when he came to.... coool

Ha!! Only Cooper and Brian would hear him, for sure! If Chris comes to Cannes, I have to go and try see him there !
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/14/2014, 2:45 pm

The Queen Mother was very friendly with Noel Coward. There are some anecdotes about them like this one:

King George VI and Queen Elizabeth once attended a Noel Coward-Gertrude Lawrence production at a London theater. As the couple entered the royal box, the entire audience rose to honor them.
"What an entrance!" Lawrence exclaimed from his post in the wings. Coward's reply? "What a part!

Whilst inspecting the Guard at Buckingham Place one day with Noel Coward, the Queen Mother glanced across at Noel and caught his eye lingering upon an attractive young soldier. The Queen Mother lent towards him and said "I wouldn't if I were you Noel... they count them before they go back in."
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2014, 3:04 pm

I just realized that this will be a costume movie, with all nice dark vests and striped trousers and buttons and hats and long coats and and chain watches and turtle necks and uniforms and suits with long tails and fancy dresses and diamonds for the ladies, and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.  panik

ded
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2014, 3:53 pm

Tweets about the movie:

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 5 Tumblr_n5kkoxYST91qg1h16o1_500

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 5 Tumblr_n5kpviJ5es1qe476yo1_500

(Brian was the director of 'Struck by Lightning')
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/14/2014, 3:57 pm

Glorfindel wrote:I just realized that this will be a costume movie, with all nice dark vests and striped trousers and buttons and hats and long coats and and chain watches and turtle necks and uniforms and suits with long tails and fancy dresses and diamonds for the ladies, and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.  panik

ded

Shocked ded 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2014, 5:15 pm

Posting this here again for 'reasons': 

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 5 Chris+Colfer+Icon+Magazine+Winter+Issue+4
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2014, 5:35 pm

There's a reply to one of the tweets I posted earlier.

The 1st tweet:

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 5 Tumblr_n5kkoxYST91qg1h16o1_500

And then this:

The Film Review @thefilmreview
So from our @ mentions it seems safe to say @chriscolfer is a popular choice for the Noel Coward biopic? Glad to hear it. He's a good actor.

Smile 
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/14/2014, 5:55 pm

I had to google who is Noel Coward, but you know, I'm so fucking excited for this! Seems like a big project Smile Besides, among of the possible actors for the cast is Sir Ian McKellen! So proud of Chris
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2014, 6:18 pm

"a good actor" is the most important thing!

remember the Madonna filming episode in S1 of Glee? chris will sport those heavily waxed, parted hair style again. that's who NC looked. ever since i saw that number i always wanted see chris on the screen playing a period piece and sporting that hair style again, and now my dream has come TRUE!

i heard that this movie has the blessings of the Coward estate, so i doubt there will be much focus on sexuality/nudity stuff. NC himself said in his authorized authobiography (published after his death) that he hated penitrative sex or something like that (check on the wiki article if you want details).

who needs sex/nudity when you have a good story and a good actor? the man's legacy is his work, not his personal life.

i am so happy for chris. also you european fans: since chris will be in UK for perhaps months i can easily see him having the book tour in more places in UK and maybe even other parts of europe. plus there will be fan encounters and leaks/BTS releases from the set. this summer will be a great treat for us cc fans!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2014, 6:34 pm

guess what? after the movie comes out chris will get tons of new fans!!!!!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2014, 7:21 pm

Chris Colfer And Ian McKellen Join Forces At Long Last

Good news for fans of sensitive, feather-voiced gentlemen: Chris Colfer will play Sir Noel Coward alongside Sir Ian McKellen in what sounds like the most deliciously fruity biopic ever produced. Throw in a littleQuentin Crisp and it’s the Pansy Craze all over again.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 5 Chris-colfer-as-noel-coward-360x242

Here’s what we know: the film’s called Noel, and it’s written by Martin Sherman (who wrote Bent and Mrs. Henderson Presents and has adapted works by E. M. Forester and Tennessee Williams for the stage). Fabulous.

It’ll shoot this summer in England, where conditions are gayest, in partnership with the British Film Institute and the Noel Coward Estate.

Despite being an absolutely vital queer author, Coward is not very well-known amongst contemporary homosexuals. We’re delighted that a popular icon like Colfer will shed some light on his life. In fact, he’s already started: yesterday night he posted an image of Coward on his Instagram.

We have Coward to thank for basically inventing a queer aesthetic all his own. A playwright, composer, novelist, and British Secret Service agent during the war, Coward was born poor but found his way into society in his teens, and there he was determined to stay. He cultivated a dandyish image, and infused his work with a snappy wit and jazzy pace.

During his life, Coward was never openly gay. Though it was an open secret in England, he once protested, “There are still a few old ladies in Worthing who don’t know.”
Well, they’re about to find out.

Queerty
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next