Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

+29
Sunshine 2012
Divalicious
kac
M&M
TimF
ChrisColfersLightning
mindschemez
valkeakuulas
angelnessa
sheny
Ireth
coxfire
Delight
ladydianab
Ranwing
fantastica
Jellyrolls
opals
tanita_mors
MoviesAreLife
Georgette888
Kurt addict
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
ColferInspired
Buenos
Glorfindel
bayth
Lottie2303
33 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 33 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  fantastica 2/24/2015, 12:22 am

mods are dozing off... Razz

back to appreciation folks!

Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 33 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  Ireth 2/24/2015, 1:33 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 33 Tumblr_nk7empemjZ1sg9z6fo2_r1_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 33 Tumblr_nk7empemjZ1sg9z6fo1_r1_250

Here, let's admire this fashionable young man and avoid the unpleasantness.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 33 Tumblr_mghldbJ9Fj1qayexuo2_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 33 Tumblr_n8n0fygmQR1qe476yo7_250
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/24/2015, 2:32 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 33 370554_900

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 33 370798_900
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/24/2015, 2:33 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 33 371160_900
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/24/2015, 2:37 am

I know, I know, I'm a broken record, but damn he looks good.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/24/2015, 5:19 am

I love his cardigan
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 2/24/2015, 6:41 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 33 Tumblr_nk9pk1Hshi1qll5tyo1_500
Rumer Willis and Chris Colfer with Kenny Ortega, choreographer for the John Hughes films Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and Pretty In Pink.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 33 Tumblr_nk9pe0VGo21qll5tyo1_540
Ruby Lewis with Will Sherrod, Chris Colfer, and Steve Mazurek in the audience.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 33 Tumblr_nk9pc0kOYf1qll5tyo1_540
Alex Wyse with Chris Colfer in the audience.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/26/2015, 5:51 pm

Do we know if Chris is in Arizona?

Urgent llama news out of Arizona, apparently: Two animals, believed to be llamas, are currently on the run. I REPEAT: There is what appears to be a llama chase in Sun City, Ariz. The live stream is here.

UPDATE I: One of the llamas has been captured, according to everyone watching this play out on the livestream.

UPDATE II: It appears both llamas have been captured. We had a good run, folks.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/02/26/breaking-two-llamas-are-on-the-run/?postshare=841424983532930
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/3/2015, 10:40 pm

I understand the genuine appreciation behind the sentiment, but NGL, I sometimes roll my eyes at the hand-wringing by some in the Kurt fandom as to whether he's too low key in promoting himself and networking.

The reality is we really don't know all his work BTS because his time was limited on Glee as to outside projects, and we have no idea how much networking he actually does.  

We do know he has a prestigious high profile leading role in a Biopic as soon as Glee ends, as well as most likely another promotional tour to follow for his 4th book series release in July.  We also know he has a bushful of books pending to come out this fall, as well as 2016 and beyond ( When is the YA book to be released).

Also it seems he's developed a cred/rep as a respected actor with individual EMMY/SAG noms as well as a Golden Globe win.  

TBH, I diont think he's done any Mis-steps along the way and his plate with announced projects seems more than full.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/3/2015, 11:01 pm

Buenos wrote:I understand the genuine appreciation behind the sentiment, but NGL, I sometimes roll my eyes at the hand-wringing by some in the Kurt fandom as to whether he's too low key in promoting himself and networking.

The reality is we really don't know all his work BTS because his time was limited on Glee as to outside projects, and we have no idea how much networking he actually does.  

We do know he has a prestigious high profile leading role in a Biopic as soon as Glee ends, as well as most likely another promotional tour to follow for his 4th book series release in July.  We also know he has a bushful of books pending to come out this fall, as well as 2016 and beyond ( When is the YA book to be released).

Also it seems he's developed a cred/rep as a respected actor with individual EMMY/SAG noms as well as a Golden Globe win.  

TBH, I diont think he's done any Mis-steps along the way and his plate with announced projects seems more than full.

I would love to know what these other projects are, but Chris's main focus will be the Noel biopic, as it should be.

Whatever other announcements will probably come out after this film is made.

Usually Chris lets someone else to make the annoucement.

And why would anyone announce anything movie or show related when they won't know when Chris will be finished with the Noel biopic as he might have to do press once it is made in England as well.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/3/2015, 11:16 pm

I think the difference between Chris and the likes of Lea and Darren is that Chris is more of an actor's actor.  He's not in it for the fame.  He's not concerned with being seen on the red carpet like Darren and Lea are.  He is more concerned about the work/craft than he is with the fame.  I'm sure that he does plenty of networking, but it's just not in your face "let's show up on every red carpet that we can" type of thing.  He picks the events that he wants to attend, and is quite low key about them.  He seems to have some good contacts that really respect him. I just don't think he feels the need to flaunt it like others do.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/3/2015, 11:32 pm

Yes, my issue ( maybe I sould have put this in the S&B ) is the comments I've read that he's not doing *enough*.

When his books come out his team is able to book appearances on Jimmy Fallon, GMA, the View, the talk, etc. so I actually think they (and Chris ) do a good job in getting him promo when he has a project to push, in addition to these nationwide book tours that span the country.

He's pretty much booked up for the rest of this year, so it's more I'm puzzled that some think he's low key. Sure , some in HW some go to every red carpet and letter opening, but that's not exactly networking unless it gets you some solid results. Many actors don't do the red carpet thing 24/7 yet are busy with work so I think others confuse the two things, which are truly separate.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/3/2015, 11:48 pm

He must be doing something right because in my opinion, he has had more success and opportunities outside of Glee the past few years than anyone else in the cast.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/4/2015, 1:59 am

That is what frustrates with some Chris fans.

Chris has so much respect in the industry, we have seen it in interviews from other celebs when out of the blue they bring up Chris and praise him.

He gets more interviews than Darren ever does.

Many media publications do wonderful promotions for him and his work, and he has said countless upon countless times that he is demand for Broadway and has been offered numerous roles, but could not do them because of his commitment to Glee.

Anyone in the industry can see how much of a female fanbase he has and would look at that and know Chris would bring in a huge audience.

Todd Mullinar is a friend of his.

He seems to know plenty of producers and directors as one producer was at Chris's birthday party last year.

He is still having meetings for his asylum film.

TLOS franchise has been in numerous talks about turning it into movies.

Bryan Fuller has said on numerous occasions he wants to work with Chris.

It is sweet of them to worry, but like many people say he is a good business man.

And this group of writers Chris will be looking after.

This year seems a very full year, so maybe near the end of the year we might start hearing about another project he is doing.

Chris has class and a lot of respect, he has a level of maturity as well as wisdom that many his age that don't have that are in the industry.

How many authors have screaming fangirls at their book signings and treat you like a rock star?

That is Chris.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/4/2015, 9:30 pm

Looks like the Glee cast will be on Ellen next week.

Hoping Chris will be on there. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/5/2015, 4:03 pm

http://chriscolfernews.com/

Chris Colfer, John Stamos, Kelli O'Hara, and More Pay Tribute to Polly Bergen
Some of show business’ biggest stars will come together on March 26 for A Tribute to Polly Bergen to be held at Broadway’s American Airlines Theatre, from 3pm-4:30pm. An Emmy Award-winning actress and singer, Bergen’s career spanned over six decades in television, film, Broadway musicals, and concerts. She died of natural causes on September 20 at the age of 84.The celebration of Bergen’s life and career will be produced by Rex Reed and Michael Alden with creative consultant Deborah Grace Winer.
The lineup of participants currently includes Christine Andreas, Harry Belafonte, Marge Champion, Chris Colfer, Arlene Dahl, Blythe Danner, Raúl Esparza, Michael Feinstein, Mark Hamill, Gregory Harrison, Judith Ivey, Chris Matthews, Phyllis Newman, Kelli O’Hara, Liz Smith, John Stamos, John Waters, and Treat Williams.

Chris had the honor and privilege , if I'm not mistaken, to have worked with Polly (in "Struck by Lightning" ) on her last screen appearance,  or in fact, last professional project.

Last edited by Buenos on 3/5/2015, 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/5/2015, 4:37 pm

Yes, SBL was her last professional role before she passed.

I'm glad that Chris is attending this event because he adored her.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/5/2015, 5:09 pm

There are so many people I admire appearing at that Polly Bergen event, oh my. panik

I wonder if Chris will sing at the event, but probably not.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/5/2015, 11:32 pm

The Cast of Glee will be on The Ellen Degeneres Show March 12, 2015
Before they sing their final melody, LEA MICHELE, CHRIS COLFER, JENNA USHKOWITZ, CHORD OVERSTREET & DARREN CRISS are coming by to discuss the final episodes of “Glee” with Ellen!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/6/2015, 9:59 pm

“Sometimes he makes me learn old NSYNC choreography. I’m always Lance. He gets to be Justin. He makes it up though by role playing Princess Diaries with me. I love him so much!”
— Chris Colfer on how he keeps his relationship fun and fresh with Kevin McHale (via toiletdiving)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/7/2015, 12:02 am

ColferInspired wrote:“Sometimes he makes me learn old NSYNC choreography. I’m always Lance. He gets to be Justin. He makes it up though by role playing Princess Diaries with me. I love him so much!”
— Chris Colfer on how he keeps his relationship fun and fresh with Kevin McHale (via toiletdiving)

OK, so I need to see video of all this. LOL.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/9/2015, 5:51 pm

“Some actors are incredibly good at [continuity]. Allison Janney is so good at continuity it’s effortless. Chris Colfer is really good at continuity. Like they have an extra skill set where, you know, sometimes…it’s always a performance and the authenticity of the performance coming from the actor but when they bring it to that next level…it’s probably a simple process but it still amazes me that in addition to being in the moment there is this other craft going on that’s unnoticeable almost…Chris does it…I think it was just born into him.”
— Brian Dannelly (around 19:00)

Podcast 9/3/2015.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/9/2015, 6:05 pm

“I don’t know. There’s a lot. I think when I worked with Chris Colfer on ‘Struck By Lightning’ I was always in awe of what a humble, professional, kid this was…He was so giving. And every time I worked with him I just thought ‘I could not do this at 20 years old’. I couldn’t do it. I would be an egomaniac, right?…Not only did he write the screenplay when he was like 17, but he’s in the movie, he’s producing the movie, he’s open and generous…That was very, just a beautiful experience to see. That not everybody has to freak out.”
— Brian Dannelly at 32:00 [What’s the best experience that you’ve had?] (via staceysthings)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 3/9/2015, 8:03 pm

Someone made the glee/chris colfer quote happen!:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 33 Tumblr_inline_nkytc8CUmb1qd6k7w

source

Or you can get a t-shirt:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 33 Fig,black,mens,ffffff.u2

source
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/18/2015, 10:12 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 33 Tumblr_nlbhhk935m1u1jupbo1_1280

davidstrick:
Chris Colfer, “Glee,” April 25, 2011
Photo by David Strick
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next