Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

+29
Sunshine 2012
Divalicious
kac
M&M
TimF
ChrisColfersLightning
mindschemez
valkeakuulas
angelnessa
sheny
Ireth
coxfire
Delight
ladydianab
Ranwing
fantastica
Jellyrolls
opals
tanita_mors
MoviesAreLife
Georgette888
Kurt addict
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
ColferInspired
Buenos
Glorfindel
bayth
Lottie2303
33 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 32 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  Buenos 2/10/2015, 12:11 pm

Glee Paley Panel press release:

http://tvline.com/2015/02/10/paleyfest-2015-panelists-glee-good-wife-scandal/

Friday, March 13: Glee (7 pm)
* Jane Lynch, Lea Michele, Chris Colfer, Amber Riley, Darren Criss, Dot-Marie Jones​. Additional guests TBA.

So I'm guessing "Noel" starts in last half of March or maybe April.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 32 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/10/2015, 12:33 pm

After the awful way Kurt has been treated ,especially this season I wish Chris was not doing this.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/10/2015, 4:11 pm

It's possible that chris will come back for a couple of days just for this event. you know these guys are always trekking the globe. time and space is no problem for them.

i don't know.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/11/2015, 6:35 pm

Apparently Alla is in London right now. Laying down the groundwork for Chris's arrival, perhaps? Smile

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/17/2015, 2:23 pm

http://thedailyfandom.com/deserves-new-spidey-suit/

Chris Colfer
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 32 Chris-Colfer-234x300First up, Glee alum Chris Colfer. Where to start in praise of him? Well, first of all, the guy has screen presence up the wazoo, stealing nearly every scene he was ever in on Glee without breaking a sweat. He won a Golden Globe for it, was nominated for an Emmy for it and has multiple People’s Choice awards, signifying both his critical and mass popularity. He was also almost single-handedly responsible for keeping Glee watchable far beyond what was otherwise reasonable. Even as the show rapidly deteriorated, Colfer made the best of some pretty awful material and has proven again and again and again his capacity to make the over-the-top both enjoyable and relatable. Not to mention the fact that he is notoriously fearless when it comes to doing his own stunts.
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 32 Chris-Colfer-Spiderman-184x300
Yes, I know, the elephant in the room: he’s an openly gay actor most famous for playing an openly gay character. And, what of it? He’s an ACTOR. If you don’t believe he can play it straight, I suggest you check out his indie film Struck by Lightning to assuage yourself he is perfectly able to pass for hetero…I mean, if you care about that sort of thing. (Personally I relish the delightful pun opportunities afforded by a queer Spider-Man. “Swings both ways” anyone? But I digress) He can do geeky loner, he can do sass-master extraordinaire, and he can vacillate between high-camp and heart-felt faster and with more grace than any other actor of his generation. Plus, tell me he does not rock the shit in this suit? I mean, come on!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/17/2015, 5:11 pm

from a selfish point of view, since i don't like comic movies, i would rather see chris playing something other than a comic figure, since the story is written by chris himself. of course, i am only speaking for myself, not anybody else who love this genre.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/17/2015, 6:52 pm

The thing about coming out in a comic book franchise is that it gives you the financial stability and flexibility to do other projects.

Mark Ruffalo said that when explaining why he didn't think it was playing down to take the role of the Hulk in the Marvel movies.

Things may be changing, since an openly out actor has been announced to be DC's lead in the big screen adaption of "The Flash."

With Chris, I hope he has the opportunity to do a while variety of projects, both personal and indie, and some bigger budget commerical ventures too.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/17/2015, 9:01 pm

honestly, there isn't an actor/actress alive that doesn't want to be in a marvel property at the moment. hell, even DC is trying to keep up. those superhero movies will be shaping the box office in the next 10 years at least. i doubt chris is in the real running for it, unless he creates some award winning buzz with noel.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/17/2015, 9:50 pm

The big question mark for Hollywood is how much openly gay actors risk comning out as far as TV'/movie roles. Stage i don't think it matters as much.

That FLASH movie role is a step in the right direction, and even Neil Patrick Harris's role in "Gone Girl".

However the real breakthru is a gay actor in some traditional rom/com or straight romance story. I'm not saying those are great roles perse, but it seems the "glass ceiling" as out actors per the perception that women won't buy them as straight romantic leads.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/17/2015, 10:19 pm

Or Matt Boomer. His career certainly hasn't been hurt since he came out.

Chris is different from all other gay actors that we've been talking about because they all had a chance to establish their careers before their sexuality might become an issue. Chris came out at the start of his professional career so he's got a steeper curve to navigate. But I think that Chris has the talent and the appeal (especially to a female audience) that he could easily pull off a traditionally straight role, even in a rom com type of film.

And if he never does a rom com, big deal. There are so many great film roles where his having to play straight would be a minor concern that I would love to see him have the opportunity to do. Chris has the talent. All he needs is a film director (like Joe) who believes in him and gives him the chance to show what he's capable of.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/18/2015, 12:53 am

i remember reading an article about action hero actors - how they are dime a dozen and studios are now looking for new faces because they are cheap, and totally replaceable. they've learned that they can rotate actors for the same roles and won't lose the box office. people are there to see the excitement and actions, not so much the face behind the masks.

these roles do pay well and can land some new actors more jobs. however they can also be soon forgotten, as there will be yet another x-man, y-man and z-man coming along.

the longevity of an actor can depend on not just good (or unusual) looks, talents and great work ethics, but also business acumen and admit it or not, sheer luck. Luckily, chris has gotten all of these so far. he's doing extremely well by hollywood standards. he may or may not get a role in a comic movie, but he will continue to thrive, one way or the other, in this cut-throat business.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 2/18/2015, 4:52 am

fantastica wrote:
the longevity of an actor can depend on not just good (or unusual) looks, talents and great work ethics, but also business acumen and admit it or not, sheer luck. Luckily, chris has gotten all of these so far. he's doing extremely well by hollywood standards. he may or may not get a role in a comic movie, but he will continue to thrive, one way or the other, in this cut-throat business.

Excellent points. Chris has a lot going on, and I also think he'll be focusing a bit more on stuff behind the scenes (writing, producing, etc.) because he chooses the roles he plays very carefully.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/19/2015, 3:19 pm

God, I love the Noel folks already.    Smile

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 32 Tumblr_inline_nk143t7d5K1qiqlvj

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 32 Tumblr_inline_nk13noMFxy1qiqlvj
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/20/2015, 9:14 pm

Emmy Nominations 2015: Comedy Supp. Actor
For returning programs [possible contenders could be]: Jason Biggs, Michael Harney, and Pablo Schreiber (“Orange is the New Black”), Chris Colfer (“Glee”), Terry Crews and Joe Lo Truglio (“Brooklyn Nine-Nine”), Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar (“The Big Bang Theory”), Taran Killam (“Saturday Night Live”), Ed O’Neill and Eric Stonestreet (“Modern Family”), Nick Offerman (“Parks and Recreation”), and Reid Scott, Timothy Simons, and Matt Walsh (“Veep”).

Not going to happen, but at least they still think he is worthy. neutre

I hope he joins a new and better show and wins an Emmy someday as a lead actor.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/20/2015, 10:19 pm

I'm in a mean mood and am taking an inordinate amount of Glee in not just seeing that they consider Chris's work Emmy-worthy, but also at who they left off the various lists. No Darren, no Lea. Jane gets a favorable nod, but that seems to be it for Glee.

The cream continues to rise to the top despite RIB's best efforts to promote their favs.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/20/2015, 11:02 pm

Kurt is in New York that is where he belongs.

Ryan said a long time ago that Kurt and Rachel don't belong in Lima.

I hope this is where Kurt stays as of course I will stay wary until otherwise. dryy 

I am surprised Grant wasn't asked to come back.

I am sure the crew would have let him film for one day then return to Vancouver soon after.

I just would have loved a Chris and Grant selfie together.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/21/2015, 9:11 pm

From the Backlot:

"wish I could go on a ten page rant about how telling Chris Colfer’s expressions are of the acting range he is capable of and not being given exposure for, but I’ll sit on my hands)."

Razz Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/21/2015, 9:46 pm

Plus that awesome snark...

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 32 Tumblr_nk4cvn3VbD1rp74xfo2_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 32 Tumblr_nk4cvn3VbD1rp74xfo1_250
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/23/2015, 4:07 am

I mean seriously.....

It's getting fucking ridiculous....

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 32 Tumblr_nk6qp9vMfJ1ri1mzuo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/23/2015, 8:18 pm

I love Dot's wife for this!

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 32 Tumblr_nk8ydqpXFi1tvp0vjo1_500
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 2/23/2015, 8:28 pm

"The show's over. You can move along now."

You go Bridgett! I really wish the ignorant and hateful tinhatters would do this. Why can't they just be happy for Chris?

The person she blocked is happy she blocked them, wtf is wrong with these people?
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/23/2015, 8:53 pm

dimpledchris wrote:"The show's over. You can move along now."

You go Bridgett! I really wish the ignorant and hateful tinhatters would do this. Why can't they just be happy for Chris?

The person she blocked is happy she blocked them, wtf is wrong with these people?

Don't worry they will move in five weeks.

Maybe in months to come Will might no longer have his instagram or twitter private once they have completely moved on.

They already have their next gay couple to fap over. dryy

Klainers are just lapping up How To Get Away With Murder and fapping over their new gay couple obssession. dryy

After this year it will be Blaine who Darren who?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/23/2015, 8:55 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 32 Tumblr_nk90h197M61rud3zyo1_1280

G*ddammit, those tinhatters are the biggest assholes out there. antifana

Poor Bridget, poor Dot-Marie, poor Will, and poor Chris.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 2/23/2015, 9:17 pm

^ UUUUUGH PEOPLE. Taking this to the snark & bark thread.

ETA: Meant to direct the "ugh people" to those harassing Bridgett, in case any of you found my comment weird :P

Last edited by dimpledchris on 2/24/2015, 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/23/2015, 9:24 pm

^Yes, maybe all of this should be moved to the snark & bark.
I don't like seeing this upsetting garbage in his appreciation thread (should have thought about posting that last tweet in the s&b myself).

Please, mods?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next