Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

+29
Sunshine 2012
Divalicious
kac
M&M
TimF
ChrisColfersLightning
mindschemez
valkeakuulas
angelnessa
sheny
Ireth
coxfire
Delight
ladydianab
Ranwing
fantastica
Jellyrolls
opals
tanita_mors
MoviesAreLife
Georgette888
Kurt addict
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
ColferInspired
Buenos
Glorfindel
bayth
Lottie2303
33 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 17 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  bayth 7/6/2014, 3:37 pm

A very insightful and informative interview.  Chris unveils a little bit more of his past...

Glee star Chris Colfer visits Miami’s Books & Books with ‘Land of Stories’  

Chris Colfer reading from his Land of Stories series Getty Images

What: Chris Colfer signing ‘The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning’

When: 11 a.m. July 13

Where: Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables

Info: Free; a copy of ‘A Grimm Warning’ with receipt is required. Colfer will sign up to eight copies, two of which can be previous books from the series. Details at 305-442-4408 or booksandbooks.com.

BY JORDAN LEVIN

Kurt Hummel, the character that actor Chris Colfer plays on Glee, escapes from bullying at the TV show’s fictional high school by excelling as a show choir and music theater diva. The show mirrored Colfer’s real-life experience with bullying as a child, which became so brutal during middle school that his parents had to home-school him.

But long before Colfer, 24, became famous, he escaped from trauma into a literary world of make-believe. As a child, he was an avid reader of traditional fairy tales by the Brothers Grimm, as well as children’s fantasies like Peter Pan, The Chronicles of Narnia, Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz and the Harry Potter series. (He says he cried when he finished the series and spent months sleeping with a signed photo from J.K. Rowling under his pillow.)

“I hoped and prayed that a fairy godmother or magic book or wardrobe would take me off to a magic place where I could express my full potential,” Colfer says. “I loved, loved, loved fairy tales. I wanted desperately to fall into the book and meet those characters.”

Colfer’s success as an actor made his fairy-tale dream come true. He’s the author of the bestselling Land of Stories series, in which a twin brother and sister are transported into a magical kingdom where the likes of Goldilocks, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty struggle not just against evil sorceresses and dragons but against prejudice, preconceived assumptions and their own weaknesses. On July 13, Colfer will appear at Books & Books in Coral Gables to sign copies of A Grimm Warning, the just-published third book in the series.

Colfer fell in love with acting and writing when he was around 4, and he would find he desperately needed the escape they provided as he grew older. His family was focused on his younger sister, who had severe epilepsy. Meanwhile, her brother was suffering a different kind of attack. “I was teased and pushed around and made fun of because I was different,” he says. “I was small, I was way too smart for my own good — I was a huge history nerd who remembered every useless fact imaginable.”

Even before he came out in his teens, Colfer says that in the central California town where he grew up, being different and being gay were seen as equally intolerable. “Being gay was the absolute worst thing you could be at that time and place, when I was in middle school,” he says. “I do not know how I would have gotten through it without community theater performances to look forward to, or working on a script or a book.”

When he auditioned for Glee, Colfer’s story prompted show creator Ryan Murphy to develop the character of Kurt for the unknown 18-year-old actor. Although Colfer was out when he was cast, the prospect of playing a gay character on national TV was still intimidating.

“Suddenly I’m gonna be known for something that, for where I’m from, is the worst thing you can be,” he says. “There was still such stigma in 2008 for actors to play gay roles. People tried to brainwash me — ‘You’ll be typecast for the rest of your life.’ ”

Instead, the success of Glee and the appeal of Kurt, one of the show’s most popular characters, made Colfer a star — and a spokesperson for a cultural shift that has seen an accelerating acceptance of homosexuality, from pop culture to the widening legalization of gay marriage. In 2011 he was named to the Time 100 list of influential people, and he has been flooded with fan mail from kids struggling with bullying and intolerance.

“I guess it was validation and revenge, but more for the kids around the world looking up to me and that character,” Colfer says. “I never thought, ‘Now I’m gonna make everyone who treated me badly feel bad.’ ”

Fame could be overwhelming — Colfer went from being one more aspiring actor to causing mob scenes when he went out in public. But in 2010 it also brought an offer to write his autobiography. Instead, Colfer suggested the Land of Stories, which he had begun writing when he was 7 years old.

“Confidence had very little to do with it,” he says. “It was more like here’s my shot, I may as well do everything I can now.”

His first editor was his grandmother — as a child, he would bike over to her house with his latest chapter. “I’d watch her read it and she would write down grammar and spelling errors,” he says. “She also gave me the best writing advice I’ve ever received: “Christopher, I think you should wait until you’re done with elementary school before worrying about being a failed writer.’ ”

In the series opener, The Wishing Spell, 12-year-old twins Alex and Connor Bailey receive an enchanted book from their grandmother that sends them to a magical country where fairy tales are real. But the twins’ struggles and adventures reflect universal adolescent issues, while the characters get a contemporary twist — with the themes of tolerance, empowerment and identity that have been central to Glee.

Spoiler:

Colfer says that while the series is rooted in his original creation, his real-world experience has transformed the traditional fairy-tale dualities of good and evil. “The story of the twins finding the magical storybook and traveling into a magical fairy-tale world has been exactly the same since I was 7,” he says. “I don’t think I’ve added or changed a single character. But as I got older I could see them from a different point of view.”

For instance, the experience of being an unknown kid shooting into fame on TV shaped the portrayal of Cinderella. “Everyone refers to her story as a Cinderella story, but when she got to be queen and had to win over the kingdom she found out it was not all it was cracked up to be,” Colfer says.

Although he refused to write an autobiography, Colfer says there’s plenty of personal history in his fantasy. “Alex is my bookworm smart side, and Connor is my sarcastic, smart-aleck side,” he says. “The evil enchantress in the second book is me, and a lot of her past relationships are based on relationships I had.” His closeness to his grandmother means that grandmothers play an important role in the series, from the raucous Mother Goose to the benign but powerful Fairy Godmother.

Spoiler:

In fact, he has done it so well that writing may supersede acting in his job description. The first two Land of Stories books were on the New York Times bestseller list, and his publishing contract calls for two more. (He plans to incorporate more literary characters, like Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland.) Glee, heading into its sixth season, looks to be nearing the end of its run. And Colfer, who has received praise for writing, producing and starring in the indie film Struck by Lightning, says he is increasingly attracted to a behind-the-scenes creative role.

Meanwhile, the Land of Stories keeps providing escape for Colfer. At his first book signing, he noticed a young boy staring intently at him. When the boy got to the front of the line, Colfer shook his hand and asked his name. “He kept looking at me, and then he said, “Has anyone ever told you you look like that guy from Glee?”

source

Last edited by bayth on 7/7/2014, 10:25 am; edited 2 times in total
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 17 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  Buenos 7/6/2014, 4:07 pm

And Colfer, who has received praise for writing, producing and starring in the indie film Struck by Lightning, says he is increasingly attracted to a behind-the-scenes creative role.

Here's hoping  he thinks seriously about directing something.

I don't worry about the writing overshadowing Chris' acting, from other interviews it's very apparent he loves the acting also.  What impresses me about Chris is that whether writing, singing or acting, he seems to enjoy the creative process itself.

Fame could be overwhelming — Colfer went from being one more aspiring actor to causing mob scenes when he went out in public. But in 2010 it also brought an offer to write his autobiography. Instead, Colfer suggested the Land of Stories, which he had begun writing when he was 7 years old.
“Confidence had very little to do with it,” he says. “It was more like here’s my shot, I may as well do everything I can now.

Damn right.

Last edited by Buenos on 7/6/2014, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/6/2014, 4:09 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 17 Tumblr_n8awq9KLhR1qe476yo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/7/2014, 12:13 am

I found it quite revealing that he said the evil enchantress was him concerning the relationships side.

Though some had guessed he dated quite a few that weren't out.

For an actor who is out and proud this would have been so hard and heartbreaking.  :( 

Well, Will gained something that these guys didn't, so it is there loss.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/7/2014, 12:21 am

These were the Enchantresses relationships.

1. Fell in love and told her deepest and darkest secrets to him, only to find out it was a prank, and he told everyone all the things she told him.
2. Fell in love with a man who didn’t want to touch her, and if he did, it was only to physically hurt and harm her.
3. This man was more in love with the idea of being with someone special, than her actual self, so she tried to help him out so that they could be more equal. He left her for someone else.
4. He wanted to keep their relationship a secret, which at first was okay, but then she realized that it was actually because he was ashamed of them, and ashamed of her.
5. Best friends, and he never reciprocated her love, no matter how hard she tried.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/7/2014, 12:52 am

I also found quite revealing this new information Chris gave us, and quite personal as well. As now there's a way to connect what happened with the Enchantress with Chris's lovel life and have some conclusions. If happened when he was back in high school, after his immediate fame, so on. But seeing that list, is nice to realize he found someone who is not afraid to show their love.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/7/2014, 1:40 am

This was a really insightful interview...we got to know so much more about his thought process when it comes to writing, creating characters and his career in general.

The information that most of the enchantress' past relationships were his past relationships was heartbreaking though. Glad he's happy now.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/7/2014, 5:30 am

I am always so happy when we have a good interviewer who doesn't ask the same boring questions. Because Chris is such an intriguing person who really knows how to answer without being offensive but also honest, without giving away his entire life story.

The fact that the relationships from the Enchantress are linked to real life experiences really shocks me. Especially the one who was abusive, I really hope my mind is only going into overdrive and doesn't mean what I am fearing it means. I kinda want to wrap him in a blanket burrito right now, serve some tea and just hug him...

Moreover, it really gives insight how little we know Chris. How little he really shares with us, which is right!, and how much we can only guess.

In conclusion, I am very happy he found Will. Because you see he is very happy with him and based on this interview, it is not something Chris probably anticipated just a few years ago. Which makes me even more mad now when CC shipper erase him from pictures. To simply repsect Chris as a human being, really seems to make some people uncomfortable.

Anyhow, I am so happy the Chris Colfer drought is over. Looking very forward to new interviews (print and screen), fan experiences and many pictures!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/7/2014, 5:49 am

Some on tumblr are talking about how the fandom has changed, that their are no more squealing fangirls or loads of pics of Chris anymore.

With all this CrissColfer crap, and the abusive, nasty Darren stans types, many have left tumblr because they have had enough.

I hate how the tinhatters erase Will from photo's and spread hate about him.  :angry: 

What these people don't remember that in 2011 was the Glee Live Tour, so of course the fandom was very active on tumblr.

2012 we had Chris winning a Golden Globe and SBL and Times 100.

People also have busy lives, but that does not mean Chris's fandom is shrinking.

Some choose social media, while another large part of his fandom choose not to or are too young.

When the book tour starts, and more interviews come, we will get a flood of pics and video's and stories.  neutre 

Then we have Hot In Cleveland to come as well.

All this this month.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/7/2014, 7:36 am

Lottie2303 wrote:I am always so happy when we have a good interviewer who doesn't ask the same boring questions. Because Chris is such an intriguing person who really knows how to answer without being offensive but also honest, without giving away his entire life story.

banzai THIS

The fact that the relationships from the Enchantress are linked to real life experiences really shocks me. Especially the one who was abusive, I really hope my mind is only going into overdrive and doesn't mean what I am fearing it means. I kinda want to wrap him in a blanket burrito right now, serve some tea and just hug him...

Moreover, it really gives insight how little we know Chris. How little he really shares with us, which is right!, and how much we can only guess.

And this. I'm desperately hoping the abusive one wasn't one of Chris' relationships, and I feel the same way as you do about wrapping him in a blanket burrito, giving him tea and hugging him.

Also, we never will know Chris as much as we may like to, and I like that he has been able to keep many things private and that they haven't been made public before he wished them to be, though I'm really sad that some of those things include such bad relationships.                

In conclusion, I am very happy he found Will. Because you see he is very happy with him and based on this interview, it is not something Chris probably anticipated just a few years ago. Which makes me even more mad now when CC shipper erase him from pictures. To simply repsect Chris as a human being, really seems to make some people uncomfortable.

Anyhow, I am so happy the Chris Colfer drought is over. Looking very forward to new interviews (print and screen), fan experiences and many pictures!

Same here, I am so glad he's happy with someone he loves and who loves him, and the new knowledge makes me even angrier than usual when CC shippers try to erase Will.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/7/2014, 7:58 am

ColferInspired wrote:Some on tumblr are talking about how the fandom has changed, that their are no more squealing fangirls or loads of pics of Chris anymore.

My tumblr currently also has a lot of topics and way less Chris then I ever anticipated. Keep in mind:

- Glee is on hiatus which always brought BTS pictures etc.
- Chris other projects are about to be launched, hence no real announcements as well (i.e. Noel and TLOS).
- Hence, Chris has been pretty MIA with little updates.
- Personally, I have zero interest to participate in any fandom wars. Let it be Klaine, Crisscolfer, Glee or the disservice of Kurt. I just cannot care anymore. I don't want to participate. It just tires me. I said what I needed to say already endless of times.

Therefore there really is not much to reblog right now. Plus, new fandoms start to interest you. I for one reblog currently every single In The Flesg gifset thrice, because the show may get cancelled and I want my followers to start watching the show.

Just wait until the TLOS press will start, when he does the signings, when he starts filming Noel and the director most likely will tweet about it a lot, also he to my personal shame he will be back on Glee... The fanbase will emerge again and will talk again. Chris will be very big back on our tumblrs again, because there will be many new posts to reblog and/or like. Just look at the twitter hoax and how quick everyone responded and was active.

But Chris stardom is not shrinking because of Klaine or CC shipper. Many just currently take a little break and will be back as soon as Chris graces our screen again.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/7/2014, 8:21 am

bayth wrote:A very insightful and informative interview.  Chris unveils a little bit more of his past...

Glee star Chris Colfer visits Miami’s Books & Books with ‘Land of Stories’  (---)
source
Although I appreciate the posting of this interview here, this article does contain several TLoS3 spoilers (e.g. the paragraph right after the discription of TLoS1, and the paragraph after they talk about the grandmother characters which contains the gender and official job of the new villain).
So if it's posted here and not just in the TLoS3 spoiler thread there should be spoiler bars around the actual spoilers.

I'm a spoiler whore myself, so I'm personally not upset to read these spoilers, but I've seen a few complaints from some people (on tumblr) who read this article and involuntary got more information about TLoS 3 than they wanted. And maybe some of those people (or others who don't want to be spoiled) visit this forum too.
So would you be so kind (or one of the mods) to put the spoiler bars in your earlier post with the article?  bisou

Last edited by Glorfindel on 7/7/2014, 8:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/7/2014, 8:48 am

ColferInspired wrote:Some on tumblr are talking about how the fandom has changed, that their are no more squealing fangirls or loads of pics of Chris anymore.

With all this CrissColfer crap, and the abusive, nasty Darren stans types, many have left tumblr because they have had enough.

I hate how the tinhatters erase Will from photo's and spread hate about him.  :angry:

What these people don't remember that in 2011 was the Glee Live Tour, so of course the fandom was very active on tumblr.

2012 we had Chris winning a Golden Globe and SBL and Times 100.

People also have busy lives, but that does not mean Chris's fandom is shrinking.

Some choose social media, while another large part of his fandom choose not to or are too young.

When the book tour starts, and more interviews come, we will get a flood of pics and video's and stories.  neutre

Then we have Hot In Cleveland to come as well.

All this this month.
This month is going to be glorious!   bananaz 

As for the fandom possibly shrinking:
I think there are still a lot of Chris fans, but they are just not that active on tumblr anymore due to the mess that is Glee and its fandom (esp. the Klaine/CC crap). As soon as Glee is over they might be back and get more active.

And as you said: 2011 was a peek year, at least when it comes to the beginning of Chris' career (Glee, and all the awards nods and Time100). Hopefully when 'Noel' and 'Robodog" are successes, and maybe there are some other exciting projects in the works, there will be more peek years for Chris (and us) to come in the future.  neutre

He has lost some Glee fans, mostly because of Glee's poor quality than because people stopped liking him, but he's gaining fans through TLoS and SBL, and he will probably gain many more as soon as 'Robodog' and 'Noel' are released.
And then we can boast that we were his first fans who knew him back when.....  fanny2 

Lottie2303 wrote:My tumblr currently also has a lot of topics and way less Chris then I ever anticipated. Keep in mind:

- Glee is on hiatus which always brought BTS pictures etc.
- Chris other projects are about to be launched, hence no real announcements as well (i.e. Noel and TLOS).
- Hence, Chris has been pretty MIA with little updates.
- Personally, I have zero interest to participate in any fandom wars. Let it be Klaine, Crisscolfer, Glee or the disservice of Kurt. I just cannot care anymore. I don't want to participate. It just tires me. I said what I needed to say already endless of times.

Therefore there really is not much to reblog right now. Plus, new fandoms start to interest you. I for one reblog currently every single In The Flesg gifset thrice, because the show may get cancelled and I want my followers to start watching the show.

Just wait until the TLOS press will start, when he does the signings, when he starts filming Noel and the director most likely will tweet about it a lot, also he to my personal shame he will be back on Glee... The fanbase will emerge again and will talk again. Chris will be very big back on our tumblrs again, because there will be many new posts to reblog and/or like.  Just look at the twitter hoax and how quick everyone responded and was active.

But Chris stardom is not shrinking because of Klaine or CC shipper. Many just currently take a little break and will be back as soon as Chris graces our screen again.
Basically this.

Ireth wrote:

And this. I'm desperately hoping the abusive one wasn't one of Chris' relationships, and I feel the same way as you do about wrapping him in a blanket burrito, giving him tea and hugging him.

Also, we never will know Chris as much as we may like to, and I like that he has been able to keep many things private and that they haven't been made public before he wished them to be, though I'm really sad that some of those things include such bad relationships.                
Although my heart hurts a bit to learn that Chris has probably had some not so good experiences in love (and tbh: who hasn't?) I don't think it's all been that dramatic as the enchantress' story might suggest.

First of all Chris said "a lot" so it's not like he has his own shelf of 5 broken hearts in a jar.Plus writers may use their own experiences for their stories, but they often magnify them with their imagination, or use them only as the basis of a much worse relationship/story in their books or scripts. These romantic relationships could be based on real life fleeting/shallow crushes and short-term boyfriends in the early stages, just to try things out, without them being too traumatic in real life nor truly autobiographical.

And I think we should include the enchantresses relationships with e.g. the other fairies as well (so not just the romantic ones), which could very well be inspired by Chris' school experiences. And to add to that: the 5 jars/relationships of the enchantress might not even all have been based on real life romantic relationships either.
Most of the people the enchantress met somehow used her or neglected/ignored her, even mocking her behind her back. Does this remind you of something? High school. And with all the bullying and ridiculing Chris endured while in school (like some of us can relate to) some of that crap probably also was at the core of the enchantresses more abusive romantic relationships.
Same with Chris' experiences as a celebrity, esp. a teen idol: with a lot of people just wanting something from him just because he's famous.

So I don't think we should read too much into this, and certainly not try to connect people from Chris' real life to any romantic relationship of the enchantress, as we are just seeing a tiny beetsie part of Chris' personal life and we know basically nothing of his love life (before Will).
And I definitely don't think we should copy and paste those real persons' names on the (exaggerated fairytale) experiences of a fictional character and see them as true stories.

Anyway: Chris seems very happy with Will now, so like most of us he got his heart broken a few times along the way to adulthood but everything turned out fine in the end.  hapitgh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/7/2014, 10:27 am

I expect that things on Chris's Tumblr tag will perk up very quickly starting tomorrow. He's doing three tv shows that day, and then the NYC book signing (where I will happily be, trying to keep my drooling and grabby hands under control). With the signings over the next few weeks, I expect that there will be a lot of photos posted, along with some nice stories from people who attended. Summer tends to be a slow time on the tags since most of the actors are relaxing and keeping a low profile. But between the book tour, HOC airing at the end of the month and then starting production on Noel... Chris is going to be very, very busy and we're going to have lots of things to enjoy.

I suppose that we will need to get used to things being a bit quieter as Glee winds down and we don't get the weekly promo pictures and spoilers to enjoy/complain about. Once Chris is no longer doing a weekly tv show, we're not going to get as much quite as quickly. And I'm okay with that. I'm more than ready for Chris to have Glee in his rear view mirror and moving on with his career.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/7/2014, 12:36 pm

fans come in all shapes and sizes, not all on tumblr. i have been a fan for years but never had an account on tumblr. just not interested in social media of any kind. i know many older people also don't participate in these things, especially tumblr.

fandom never lasts forever. to be a real fan one has to be pretty much obsessed and devoted. such dedication can never last forever when there are so many real issues in life that often demand much more attention. young folks such as students w/ more time on their hands can afford devoting a big chunk of their free lives to fandom activities, but once you get older, juggling jobs, money, spousal issues, children, inlaws... sometimes all you need is a vacation in the middle of nowhere so you can blank out everything. granted many adults are very active on the internet (such as yours truly), but most of the time we are on the web doing something else - looking for recipes, research on a medical condition that our loved ones may have, research on cars/houses/other items we are thinking about buying, checking the weather, stocks, sports scores, reading reviews of books/movies, watching cute cat videos, or how to videos on how to fix something in your home, skyping, emailing, doing hobby related stuff, not to mention whatever that's required for work or bringing pork home...

i wouldn't worry about the size of chris' fandom. ultimately fandom alone cannot fill all the seats in theaters if the underlying work is weak. fandom size does not influence how the critics views one's body of work. many chris fans have stopped watching glee (me included) even though they remain fans. even if they don't spend lots of time on tumblr or social media doesn't mean that they won't be excited when a new project is announced/released. as time goes on the size of the fandom may be less important than how critically received the artist is or how good a career he/she will have. Does it matter how many fans Sir Ian McKellen has? he's got more offers than he can handle. he's got tons of critical acclaim and people - fans or not, respect him and his craft almost universally. he's got a stellar career before there was tumblr or social media.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/7/2014, 1:03 pm

ColferInspired wrote:These were the Enchantresses relationships.

1. Fell in love and told her deepest and darkest secrets to him, only to find out it was a prank, and he told everyone all the things she told him.
2. Fell in love with a man who didn’t want to touch her, and if he did, it was only to physically hurt and harm her.
3. This man was more in love with the idea of being with someone special, than her actual self, so she tried to help him out so that they could be more equal. He left her for someone else.
4. He wanted to keep their relationship a secret, which at first was okay, but then she realized that it was actually because he was ashamed of them, and ashamed of her.
5. Best friends, and he never reciprocated her love, no matter how hard she tried.

i was surprised that he used some of his own experiences in writing the entrantress' past, but then incorporating one's personal experience is very common for writers. i can't imagine a person can write brilliant work all in a vacuum - w/o any personal insight in human interactions.

i don't think if that Max E guy has ever been related to chris romantically but i don't think #4 is about him. I have read many years ago - around the beginning of my fansom journey, way before i joined any forums, from a comment post under a chris related news/interview/article, a much older guy described his relationship w/ chris back in the community theater days. the guy appeared to be very regretful (of course! now that chris is famous) and the description fits #4 quite well. i assume he (the older guy) was deeply closeted because he seemed emotionally troubled and was very afraid of them being seen together in public. At the time of the reading i didn't know what to make of it and it didn't seem like a malicious post. there was a lot of self-loathing in the post but never anything negative toward chris. honestly, i felt rather guilty to have read it, because it was a deeply private matter. as a result i did not bookmark it and never bother to look it up again (if it's still out there).

the point is not whether that post is real or not. pretty much everybody has had at least one failed relationship in his/her life, and even in a long term, successful marriage, there are plenty of ups and downs and half-broken hearts. all the hardships that chris has experienced in his childhood/youth are what made him so strong, mature and resilient today. they provide raw materials to his creative process and made his characters more sympathetic and relatable.

Last edited by fantastica on 7/7/2014, 1:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/7/2014, 1:04 pm

I just spoke with the Barnes & Noble in NYC where Chris is doing his signing. They are expecting an exceptionally large crowd and are asking people not to arrive to line up before 1pm (they're not opening up the room until 2pm) so I have a feeling that there will be a very good showing tomorrow night. Chris's fandom is doing just fine, and is expanding with each new project.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/7/2014, 1:12 pm

depending on where the line is, i suggest plenty of bottled water, sunscreens and/or hats and maybe a personal hand-held fan of some sort.  it's so hot out there! good luck to you guys who are going!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/7/2014, 1:32 pm

Ranwing wrote:and then the NYC book signing (where I will happily be, trying to keep my drooling and grabby hands under control).

Does Chris need a restraining order for you?  phr34r 

PLease kiss and tell!! Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/7/2014, 1:33 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 17 Tumblr_n8cjppOQ1v1qe476yo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/7/2014, 1:40 pm

Even a "crush" in your teenage years  can seem like the end of the world, and let's face it, at the time it might as well as be. coool 

So while I have no doubt that Chris has had emotional/romantic/relationship setbacks like all of us, most writers draw upon  life experiences and it's gets filtered /distilled through their writing, but I hardly think it makes a work of fiction autobiographical in the strictest sense.

Chris has always seemed to have a good grasp (per his interviews) of the complexities/greyness of life , so it makes sense that he has some empathy for what makes villains "become" villains in his stories.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/7/2014, 2:16 pm

Chris Colfer is scheduled to be on Windy City Live on July 11th
Friday, July 11:
t’s a star-studded day on WCL! Actor George Wendt is back. Plus, comedians Daman Wayans, Jr., Jake Johnson and Rob Riggle! And from the hit show, “Glee,” actor and author Chris Colfer.

"Windy City Live" is a Chicago daytime TV show.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/7/2014, 2:26 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 17 Tumblr_n8cq8si8b51qe476yo1_500

hrhchriscolfer Nerd heaven! #MarvelHeadquarters #TLOS3

I just can't, Chris at MARVEL!!   Razz  Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/7/2014, 2:30 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 17 Tumblr_n8cq0xusLu1qe476yo1_500

hrhchriscolfer Nerd heaven! #MarvelHeadquarters #TLOS3
Posted 16 minutes ago by pochimicky. Tagged with [url=http://chriscolfernews.tumblr.com/tagged/chris colfer]chris colfer[/url], instagram, marvel, [url=http://chriscolfernews.tumblr.com/tagged/tlos3 press]tlos3 press[/url].
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 7/7/2014, 2:34 pm

Chris followed all the Marvel avengers crew on twitter a couple weeks ago, in preparation for this visit, perhaps?  neutre
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next