Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

+29
Sunshine 2012
Divalicious
kac
M&M
TimF
ChrisColfersLightning
mindschemez
valkeakuulas
angelnessa
sheny
Ireth
coxfire
Delight
ladydianab
Ranwing
fantastica
Jellyrolls
opals
tanita_mors
MoviesAreLife
Georgette888
Kurt addict
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
ColferInspired
Buenos
Glorfindel
bayth
Lottie2303
33 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 31 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  ColferInspired 1/13/2015, 6:30 am

What a complete and utter mess. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 31 4029858209

I have started following the new url of CCN.

It is nice to reminisce.

Since I thought I was going to be homeless for Christmas, which thankfully was not the case as these wonderful people at one of the real estate decided to help us out when my friend told them we would be without a home. They put our application forward and talked the landlord into letting us rent his lovely home.

We applied for seven houses and because up to thirty or more were applying as well for most of these houses it was really heartbreaking and upsetting when we kept getting our applications refused.

Myself and my other friend moved in the day before Christmas Eve. This was the best Christmas present I could ever have.

I didn't need presents, a tree, decorations or even a Christmas dinner. We had McDonalds instead as we needed the money to buy furniture. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 31 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  fantastica 1/13/2015, 1:47 pm

Delight wrote:I find that once fan activities become less about appreciating/celebrating Chris's achievements and more about the prestige and attention that one gets from carrying out said fan activities (or 'owning' certain websites), something has gone wrong somewhere.

If you run a popular fan site, read by thousands or more, you are literally a "celebrity" yourself due to the vast visibility. It's hard to imagine that personalities and the desire for more attention won't play a role in everyday politics.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/13/2015, 2:09 pm

Do both sites have all the archived stuff?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/13/2015, 3:26 pm

Delight wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:wow, the amount of games and power plays for a freaking actor fan site. sorry, but that is messed up for all involved. maybe i'm just not obsessive enough.

Not obsessive enough is a good thing  fanny2

I find that once fan activities become less about appreciating/celebrating Chris's achievements and more about the prestige and attention that one gets from carrying out said fan activities (or 'owning' certain websites), something has gone wrong somewhere.

This seems to happen a lot in the Chris fandom for some reason (and in the Glee fandom as a whole). I'm not naming any names, but there are many people who run things with Chris' name on it online that seem to have gotten a bit of an ego from running their little section of the Chris fandom. They get some attention from some of the fans, and start being recognized within the fandom, and they just let it go to their head. They thrive on the attention they get, and they use even the tiniest connection to almost brag about their connection to Chris. I've seen it in action at every Chris related event I've gone to (the New Yorker Festival, SBL at Tribeca, and a book signing). The people may have started out their activities because of their love for Chris, but it starts being more about their own popularity, and perhaps even about the holy grail of getting some kind of recognition from Chris, or Alla, or someone else related to Chris.

Now, me saying this may seem a bit odd as someone who owns a message board dedicated to discussing Chris and his work with other like minded fans. More than once, people have suggested to me that I should tell Chris about running this board if I had the opportunity to meet him, but quite honestly, I didn't need or want recognition for doing it. I talked to both Chris and Alla at the book signing, and I didn't want to mention to it because I am not looking for recognition because I run a board with Chris' name on it. I'm running it to give like minded fans a place where they can admire, fangirl or fanboy, and share information about Chris.

And quite honestly, I haven't really done much to promote and grow this board because I like the small family atmosphere here. Yes, we have out little bumps here and there, but I do think we are a small, but welcoming group that enjoys interacting with each other. I made the decision not to make our presence more known in the fandom because I didn't want to open this board up to the drama that comes along with an increased number of users. Of course, anyone who loves Chris is welcome to participate on this board. I just let them find their way to us and make their decision if they want to join us as opposed to actively seeking out new members. I like our little Chris family Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/13/2015, 5:34 pm

^I completely agree with you, Karen.
I really love this place. neutre

We're here for Chris and because we want to share our love for Chris and celebrate what he does, not to selfpromote ourselves. And although I admit it's quite satisfying if you do some extra stuff that other Chris fans like and appreciate (like you giving us this board and moderating it, or me with my reviews, or the Kurtsies that make those beautiful gifs all the time, or the fanfic writers, etc), if it wasn't for Chris we wouldn't have been able to do these things in the first place.
So to declare yourself some superfan who has a 'closer' connection to Chris because of something like that sounds a little childish to me (and I doubt it has much extra influence on Chris when you meet him: he clearly gives his attention to all his fans at book signings etc), it even looks a bit like coattail-riding on his success to me, and it definitely shouldn't lead to some stupid power struggle in the fandom.

On the other hand I am the mods of ccn grateful for maintaining that site for so many years.
(as I am grateful to our mods for running this site)

Buenos wrote:Do both sites have all the archived stuff?
The new url with the old ods (chriscolfernews.co) is busy restoring the archive, although I don't know if they'll be able to get everything back.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 1/13/2015, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/13/2015, 5:36 pm

the bigger the group, the more diverse the opinions are the more conflicts there will be. just a matter of statistics.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/13/2015, 9:28 pm

Chris made CNN, in a story about celebrity auditions. He’s in some great company like Robert De Niro and Gabourey Sidibe.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 31 Tumblr_inline_ni4x38mKMF1rorrtw

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/13/showbiz/feat-matthew-mcconaughey-dazed-confused-audition/index.htm
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/14/2015, 8:29 am

Nope, neither of them do.

I'm another one who's sticking with the old CCN at their new URL.

@Liz, I'm happy you found a place to live, and in time for Christmas Smile.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/15/2015, 6:55 am

Here's the link to the CCN archived posts: http://chriscolfernews-archive.tumblr.com/
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/15/2015, 7:39 am

Ireth wrote:

Nope, neither of them do.

I'm another one who's sticking with the old CCN at their new URL.

@Liz, I'm happy you found a place to live, and in time for Christmas Smile.

Thanks. bisou

It did get a bit desperate there for awhile. I did not fancy living in a tent or in a car when we had two cats as well with us.

The cats adore the new house as it is so big. Lots of space for them to chase each other and for us to move around in without invading each others space.
And the area is quiet and free of traffic. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/15/2015, 8:34 am

Ireth wrote:Here's the link to the CCN archived posts: http://chriscolfernews-archive.tumblr.com/
Thanks! neutre

I'm glad all that info isn't lost.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/21/2015, 1:27 pm

Elton John AIDS Foundation Presents 23rd Annual Academy Awards Viewing Partymoney.cnn.com

This year’s event co-chairs are Tim and Jane Allen, Francesco Aquilini, Bill and Tani Austin, Johnny and Edwina Barbis, Joseph W. Blount, Jim Carrey, Chris Colfer, Miley Cyrus, John Demsey, Roland Emmerich, Frank Giustra, Tim Hanlon and Anthony Klatt, Samuel L. Jackson and LaTanya Richardson Jackson, Diana Jenkins, Nick Jonas, Quincy Jones, Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, Billie Jean King and Ilana Kloss, Heidi Klum, Ryan Kwanten, Fred Latsko, Shelley Lazar, Sandra Lee, Jared Leto, Sheryl and Rob Lowe, Eric and Janet McCormack, Joe McMillan, Mike and Kelly Myers, Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne, Tyler Perry, Adam Press, Caroline Scheufele, Russell Simmons, Ian Somerhalder, Sharon Stone, and Denzel and Pauletta Washington.
ccn

I'm all for getting more pics of Chris (and maybe Will) in a tux. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/21/2015, 1:44 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Elton John AIDS Foundation Presents 23rd Annual Academy Awards Viewing Partymoney.cnn.com

This year’s event co-chairs are Tim and Jane Allen, Francesco Aquilini, Bill and Tani Austin, Johnny and Edwina Barbis, Joseph W. Blount, Jim Carrey, Chris Colfer, Miley Cyrus, John Demsey, Roland Emmerich, Frank Giustra, Tim Hanlon and Anthony Klatt, Samuel L. Jackson and LaTanya Richardson Jackson, Diana Jenkins, Nick Jonas, Quincy Jones, Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, Billie Jean King and Ilana Kloss, Heidi Klum, Ryan Kwanten, Fred Latsko, Shelley Lazar, Sandra Lee, Jared Leto, Sheryl and Rob Lowe, Eric and Janet McCormack, Joe McMillan, Mike and Kelly Myers, Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne, Tyler Perry, Adam Press, Caroline Scheufele, Russell Simmons, Ian Somerhalder, Sharon Stone, and Denzel and Pauletta Washington.
ccn

I'm all for getting more pics of Chris (and maybe Will) in a tux. neutre

It'll be a nice last public event before he's off to London. moque
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/21/2015, 4:13 pm

^My thoughts exactly. fanny2

Hopefully he will be done filming Glee by then.
He will be FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! panik

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 31 Tumblr_nijiuvlQYK1u88r6co1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 1/21/2015, 7:28 pm

If I'm not mistaken, he was also a co-chair last year. Sadly filming was still on then, so no Chris sighting :( I hope he's free for this one!
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/21/2015, 8:40 pm

dimpledchris wrote:If I'm not mistaken, he was also a co-chair last year. Sadly filming was still on then, so no Chris sighting :( I hope he's free for this one!

He was there last year with Will. neutre

Jonathan Groff was at their table.

There were several pics with Chris and some of the other celebs.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 1/21/2015, 10:36 pm

ColferInspired wrote:

He was there last year with Will. neutre

Jonathan Groff was at their table.

There were several pics with Chris and some of the other celebs.

!!! Oh yay! Thanks for the info, I really didn't know about this. Ah I'm excited now, hope he's not off somewhere filming Glee and he'll be able to go Smile
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/22/2015, 5:12 am

If he's paid for it (the co-chair) then 99% sure he'll be there. neutre

And the Oscars are held on a sunday (February 22th), so filming for Glee won't be a problem anyway.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/4/2015, 7:09 am

I have just been listening to some of the songs that Chris has done on Glee.

I listened to I Believe In A Thing Called Love and hearing Chris belting with Adam I really hope Chris does an album even if it is just covers or show tunes.

Season 6 rarely use him but then there are no stand out songs so he not really being wasted.

He has such an incredible voice with such an incredible range, and such emotion and feeling in everything he sings.

Noel is coming up and we know he will sing in that, so that is something to look forward.

Chris will definitely be on Broadway, he is just that good.

I have thought about him in Hedwig and The Angry Inch, but I know he has said he doesn't like wearing drag, but just imagine the performance if he did. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/4/2015, 11:19 pm

I love that fans are having moments of nostalgia and are posting interview video's on tumblr as some of these I have never seen. neutre

This is one of Chris's earliest interviews first Season of Glee during Glee's first hiatus.

Even then he was getting offers for other roles and he hadn't even won the Golden Globe or been nominated for a Emmy. And these were roles that were nothing like Kurt, so back then he was not going to get typecast.

I would love to have known what these roles were.

Chris was in demand and looks like he still is. 

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/4/2015, 11:58 pm

This is a song that Mark Salling recorded during the first year of Glee. He mentions that Chris is a great actor (It makes me sad to remember how great the show was back then and how happy the cast and crew were to work on it):

bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/5/2015, 1:31 am

bayth wrote:This is a song that Mark Salling recorded during the first year of Glee. He mentions that Chris is a great actor (It makes me sad to remember how great the show was back then and how happy the cast and crew were to work on it):

How sweet wub I fall in love with Mark (again).

Love when Chris's co-start say what a good actor he is, I like he is praised for that.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/6/2015, 9:18 pm

“The great thing has been — Chris and I like a lot of the same things, we have a very similar sense of humor, we’re obsessed with Summer Heights High, we literally do impressions of Summer Heights High on the set.”
— Oliver Kieran Jones in Billboard Q&A (via carsonsdream)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/8/2015, 8:34 am

"I was definitely a fan of [Glee], though I hadn’t seen every season, I always thought that it had a really strong cast and that the writing was great! My two favourite cast members were probably Chris Colfer and Jane Lynch and I was so happy to meet and work with them in person, they are both such amazing, kind people."
— Noah Guthrie [“Were you a fan of the show beforehand?”]
ccn
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 31 Empty Sir Ian mckellen

Post  Kurt addict 2/8/2015, 2:39 pm

I've just watched an Arts programme on Sir Ian McKellen and it's made me really excited for Chris working with him, he seems to be a very intelligent, compassionate man and I think they will both be appreciative of each other, I can not wait for this film it looks so good already and Sir Ian seems to have a similar ideology to Chris.
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next