Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

+28
angelnessa
mindschemez
ChrisColfersLightning
Vir Cotto
AnneNeville
MoviesAreLife
opals
kac
M&M
brisallie
Jellyrolls
Kurt addict
coxfire
Glorfindel
Buenos
Delight
tanita_mors
Lottie2303
Georgette888
sheny
valkeakuulas
Ireth
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Ranwing
Divalicious
bayth
32 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 27 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/26/2014, 6:16 pm

Not watching this episode. It might make me dislike Blaine more than I already do.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 27 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Glorfindel 4/26/2014, 7:06 pm

Clip: Kurt (Chris Colfer) asks Blaine (Darren Criss) to try to perform for a wealthy socialite who is known for fostering and launching careers June Dolloway (Shirley MacLaine):  Arrow link

Ugh, besides the fact that I hate how Kurt invites Blaine to sing for June Dolloway as well, you can actually hear how badly Darren is acting in this scene.  Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/26/2014, 7:27 pm

Buenos wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:Maybe they are hiding Chris because of his costume, like they did for the 101 episode.

I hope so!!   Razz

The 101 costume was awesome!!

What costume was that?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 4/26/2014, 7:34 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Ugh, besides the fact that I hate how Kurt invites Blaine to sing for June Dolloway as well, you can actually hear how badly Darren is acting in this scene.  Mad

Yep, that leaped out at me too. He's such an albatross around Chris's neck, especially when it comes to scenes together. Thank god Fox was smart enough not to submit him for an Emmy nom.

And we're expected to believe Kurt would pick a 1D song to sing to a rich socialite, that of course he needs help from his supermegafoxyawesomehot fiancé to sing  Rolling Eyes .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/26/2014, 8:19 pm

angelnessa wrote:And we're expected to believe Kurt would pick a 1D song to sing to a rich socialite, that of course he needs help from his supermegafoxyawesomehot fiancé to sing  Rolling Eyes .
Seriously, Kurt and One Direction?  Evil or Very Mad

Ugh, this snipbit of a scene is already cringeworthy to listen to, let alone to watch. The stupid dialogue, Darren's ~acting, the whole storyline..... it's making me sick.  vomit2

I'm really dreading this episode, even more than the 'Bash' episode (because at least we knew beforehand then that Kurt would be a hero). I will probably read the comments about it online first before watching it, and then decide if it's worth my health and sanity.

However 5x18 and 5x20 turn out it won't be good for Kurt, and even if Klaine makes up again (because Blaine sings another solo to Kurt, blech) it won't be till after Kurt has been hurt again, partially by Blaine.....also again.  :(  dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/26/2014, 8:21 pm

From tumblr:
(and it sums up pretty much what I'm feeling about that dialogue in the clip)

Blaine: *gives zero fucks about NYADA*

Blaine: *gives zero fucks about Broadway stars*

Blaine: *gives zero fucks about Kurt getting bashed, then feeling confident and powerful*

Kurt: *gives Blaine an opportunity*

BLAINE: I LOVE YOU! THANK YOU! I’M SO INTO THIS NOW THAT I SEE WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME!
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/26/2014, 8:31 pm

I'll buy that Kurt deliberately picked a song that would allow Blaine to perform with him (since Blaine didn't earn the privilege on his own). It's obvious that rather than performing with Kurt in a proper duet, Blaine treats it as a competition and ends up taking over the number and running roughshod over his partner. Even if you want to completely ignore the fact that Kurt is his fiancé and the man he's supposed to love, it's unprofessional and disrespectful to whoever he'd be singing with. There is no excuse for doing that to any duet partner. Pull that kind o showboating during any kind of professional performance and you find yourself out of a job. That's not sign of Blaine being a star or that Kurt isn't able to keep up with him vocally. It's a sign of him being a complete asshole who can't help from shouting over his partner and should never be allowed to sing with anyone.

As for the rest of that clip... Blaine knows nothing about what's going on at NYADA. He knows nothing about important people in the theater scene. He shows no interest in anything that doesn't affect him directly and comes across like a complete tool. What he's actually doing at NYADA is beyond me.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/26/2014, 9:20 pm

NYADA has to have poor self esteem.  It allows in the people who in the end don't respect it and would dump it for a chance, and make the one who honors it and works hard have to audition twice to make it.  The sad part is in real life this hard working person would eventually (with his level of talent) make it in the arts, where the other two would burn their bridges.  But this is Glee, and you are rewarded for being a user.  Not that users don't get rewarded in real life, you see it every day, which is why I don't care to see it on my TV.

Last edited by Divalicious on 4/26/2014, 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad grammer :()

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/26/2014, 9:33 pm

Divalicious wrote:NYADA has have poor self esteem.  It allows in the people who in the end don't respect it and would dump it for a chance, and make the one who honors it and works hard have to audition twice to make it.  The sad part is in real life this hard working person would eventually (with his level of talent) make it in the arts, where the other two would burn their bridges.  But this is Glee, and you are rewarded for being a user.  Not that users don't get rewarded in real life, you see it every day, which is why I don't care to see it on my TV.

So much this. It really grates on my nerves that Rachel got Broadway right away, the dream she wanted, and then takes it all for granted for what she sees as a better opportunity. Blaine gets everything handed to him to the point where he admits it to Tina and Artie and then proceeds to resent the "love of his life" for finally having some mini successes because he is no longer playing back up to Blaine. How am I ever supposed to root for these people?
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/26/2014, 11:21 pm

So, it could be true Blaine is acting straight.  :angry: 

What an a*hole.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/26/2014, 11:56 pm

ColferInspired wrote:So, it could be true Blaine is acting straight.  :angry: 

What an a*hole.

Agree. If true he is worst   than I thought. And I would  want  Kurt  to end things with Blaine even   more  than I do now.  Kurt won't  though because of stupid   endgame. :angry:
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2014, 12:14 am

^ in reality, in hollywood there are more closeted gays than out gays. most out gays were either already established in their careers/old or never the "leading men" type. i am actually happy that glee will cover this topic. hopefully blaine will never come out for "realism" so klaine can never be together (for my selfish wish).

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/27/2014, 12:23 am

fantastica wrote:^ in reality, in hollywood there are more closeted gays than out gays. most out gays were either already established in their careers/old or never the "leading men" type.  i am actually happy that glee will cover this topic. hopefully blaine will never come out for "realism" so klaine can never be together (for my selfish wish).

Good points. If Blaine acts straight ,I hope Kurt will end things with Blaine and this time for good.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/27/2014, 1:55 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 27 Tumblr_n4nkmxPyI31sk4whgo1_500
[UHQ] Rex (Eric Roberts) in 5.18, The Back-up Plan

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/27/2014, 2:30 am

fantastica wrote:^ in reality, in hollywood there are more closeted gays than out gays. most out gays were either already established in their careers/old or never the "leading men" type.  i am actually happy that glee will cover this topic. hopefully blaine will never come out for "realism" so klaine can never be together (for my selfish wish).

At least Kurt doesn't hide who he is. He is proud of being gay and is not afraid to let anyone know he is.

I am interested in what Blaine says to June if she asks about Kurt.

Could this June be homophobic, because why go to such lengths, if she wasn't?

If June thought he was talented, why hide his sexuality?

But then she might belief if Blaine was straight he would have a better chance then Kurt becoming a superstar because he doesn't hide he is gay.

Even though we have that clip I do think Blaine knows more about this June than Kurt does.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/27/2014, 4:06 am

Aside from the annoying stupid dialogue between the two, I have still to understand why Kurt gives and tells these things to Blaine. Why does he still love and now suddenly trusts this guy so much? Everytime Kurt speaks now it feels so out of place and stupid. And again everything Kurt says Blaine finds silly and not worth attention...of course it's just an audio, but come on, sound at least bit supportive from the start Blaine, (Darren?).

And if this pretending to be straight turns out to be true, imagine how much of love and understanding the poor Blarren must be getting from the fans. Kurt has to be a horrible person for not to get it or even demand for Blaine to stop it. Allthough the way they've been writing Kurt I wouldn't be so suprised if they made him think it's a great idea. Kurt has been nothing but a vessel for Blaine's body and own ideas to ride with.

And I really did have quite an exceptional disgust face when Kurt says 'We're going to be married'. I just don't get why they are doing this to Kurt?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/27/2014, 5:15 am

Kurt really needs to start being less selfless, and also smarter-especially regarding Blaine (they say love is blind, but to what extent??).
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/27/2014, 8:53 am

Glorfindel wrote:Clip: Kurt (Chris Colfer) asks Blaine (Darren Criss) to try to perform for a wealthy socialite who is known for fostering and launching careers June Dolloway (Shirley MacLaine):  Arrow link

Ugh, besides the fact that I hate how Kurt invites Blaine to sing for June Dolloway as well, you can actually hear how badly Darren is acting in this scene.  Mad

Poor Kurt just walked right into it.  :(

This could have been sung as a solo. He doesn't need Blaine.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/27/2014, 9:11 am

ColferInspired wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Clip: Kurt (Chris Colfer) asks Blaine (Darren Criss) to try to perform for a wealthy socialite who is known for fostering and launching careers June Dolloway (Shirley MacLaine):  Arrow link

Poor Kurt just walked right into it.  :(

This could have been sung as a solo. He doesn't need Blaine.

Considering that 90% of the song is basically a Blaine solo with Kurt singing back up it easily could have been sung by Kurt alone too.

Last edited by sheny on 4/27/2014, 10:30 am; edited 2 times in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/27/2014, 9:33 am

Yes, but this is Broadway, not Hollywood. Blaine and Kurt are at a musical theatre program, and this June Holloway gets the talents she wants to push in Manhattan (as said in the clip) directly from NYADA. Gay performers are much more accepted on Broadway and musical theatre in general than they are in Hollywood and movies/tv. Realisticly (ha, it's Glee) there would be hardly any problem with Blaine being gay, not professionally anyway,...except if June Dolloway has personal plans with him that call for him to be straight.   Shocked 
And tbh I have the suspicion that Glee will go in that direction with this storyline: not the professional hiding in the closet, but the more private conditions June might place on Blaine, and if so it's so terribly gross. (Especially when you can basically imagine June being Ryan Murphy's avatar in this storyline, eww.)

I would have had more sympathy for Blaine if he had been 'discovered' by an old Hollywood actress with influence who wants to take him to LA. That's still a possibility of course, especially when there are rumors of the show moving to LA altogether, but then why make June Dolloway a New York socialite?

No matter how uch sympathy one might have with a starting performer to go back into the closet (and I've seen that sentiment expressed by many a Klainer since the fandom put 2 and 2 together after the spoilers), fact remains that if Blaine goes back into the closet he'll be dragging Kurt along with him, and I can't imagine Kurt going along with it.
Kurt as fought too hard to be allowed to be who he is. He (and besides the alleged Sadie Hawkins dance incident not Blaine) took physical and emotional abuse for years just so he could be out and proud.
If these writers stll have any inkling in who Kurt is (though Kurt still being so willing to overlook Blaine's faults and desinterest in him is already proof that they don't anymore), if RIB still care for Kurt then they would not let Kurt be in any way going along with becoming Blaine's dirty little secret just to further his career, not even for a day. Evil or Very Mad 

And yet this storyline apparently will play out over  3 episodes, so unless Kurt's characterisation will be completely ruined by the writers (and he agrees with going back into the closet) Blaine hides from Kurt that he's told June he's straight (the lie?) or assures Kurt he'll set June straight (no pun intented) at the very next time they meet, but has second thoughts doing so (the broken promise).
I can understand Blaine being tempted and even manoeuvred into lying about his sexuality at first, in the spur of the moment, but prolonging that 'lie' or even having to think about it for weeks (5x18 through 5x20, if the hiding in the closet already starts in 5x18) makes Blaine look like a douchebag (again).

Ah humbug,... we'll see in a couple of days, but I've never been so appalled with a spoiled storyline on Glee before. Season 3 was a nightmare for kurt and his fans, but at least we didn't know most bad things that would happen to him so many weeks prior, with the spoilers progressively getting worse till the airing date. (Actually not sure if that was a blessing back then or not.  unsure )

valkeakuulas wrote:Aside from the annoying stupid dialogue between the two, I have still to understand why Kurt gives and tells these things to Blaine. Why does he still love and now suddenly trusts this guy so much? Everytime Kurt speaks now it feels so out of place and stupid. And again everything Kurt says Blaine finds silly and not worth attention...of course it's just an audio, but come on, sound at least bit supportive from the start Blaine, (Darren?).
I'm more than ever convinced that Darren makes the characterisation of Blaine worse by his acting choices.
- He was so unimpressed by June and uninterested in anything NYADA and Broadway related (and also indirectly in what excited Kurt, his partner!) in the first part of the scene we heard, and it's not just dialogue related: a lot of that was in the way Darren 'acted' it.
- His 'I'm so happy for you, Kurt" couldn't have been any less enthusiastic, with even the line bending downwards in pitch at the end (even suggesting some hidden jealousy there), and I don't think that was the intention of the writers/director (unless there's indeed a major twist in this storyline and Blaine gets revealed for the a**hole he is).
- And then the thank you to Kurt at the end: it sounded so insincere to me, as if Blaine manipulated Kurt to get him right there: willing to share his successes with Blaine. And after 5x16, when Blaine clearly let Kurt know he wasn't happy with Kurt being more successful than him guilting Kurt into making him share his accomplishments with Blaine isn't a far stretch at all.
But I'm also fairly sure that isn't the intent of the writers either. So imo Darren's acting choices add to why Blaine is seen as such a manilpulative, insincere and abusive character.

And if this pretending to be straight turns out to be true, imagine how much of love and understanding the poor Blarren must be getting from the fans. Kurt has to be a horrible person for not to get it or even demand for Blaine to stop it. Allthough the way they've been writing Kurt I wouldn't be so suprised if they made him think it's a great idea. Kurt has been nothing but a vessel for Blaine's body and own ideas to ride with.
It has already started.  dryy
Suddenly staying in the closet as an actor is the smartest thing to do and something to have the highest understanding for because "that's the way it works in the big, bad world", and they make Blaine into a tragic hero who has to suffer so much for his career.   Mad
And this is especially rich coming from people who say they are fans of Chris Colfer.

They don't even care about what this means for Kurt, nor that this whole opportunity for Blaine came about because Kurt was willing to share the spotlight with Blaine and Blaine will take it away from him.
But they'll sure find a way to somehow blame Kurt for it.  :angry: 

All they care about is the Blangst and how wonderful and loving Blaine will be when he sings 'All of Me' to Kurt at the Showcase. Kurt is such a lucky (undeserving) guy to have Blaine serenade him like that: he better not be angry at Blaineydays!
Ugh.  vomir 

And I really did have quite an exceptional disgust face when Kurt says 'We're going to be married'. I just don't get why they are doing this to Kurt?
They don't care about Kurt as an individual anymore. It's all Klaine with a side dish of propping up Rachel for Kurt now, and it can be argued that it has been like this since season 3.
Maybe we're all wrong about how RIB value Kurt nowadays and the twist of the Blaine/June storyline will be Kurt finally dumping Blaine, but I refuse to believe anything good can still come from Glee. Season 3 was a very effective "once bitten, twice shy" learning experience.  :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/27/2014, 9:41 am

sheny wrote:Considering that 90% of the song is basically a Blaine solo with Kurt singing back up it easily could have been done by Kurt alone too.
This.

It's not like songs sung by a group have never been covered as a solo on Glee, or vice versa: a solo songs being turned into a group number.

And even if SOML needed more than 1 voice, the arrangement could have been made a lot more equal and balanced of who sings what. Which makes me wonder if Kurt and Blaine agreed to sing the song this way (and Kurt would never), or if Blaine decides to take over the majority of the song while performing to June, as the attention whore he is (and Kurt should be pissed about that).

But the writers probably never even thought about that when they dictated the number of solo lines each singer gets in SOML.
(And we know from what the Anders brothers told us that RIB/Ryan always meticulously points out who gets to sing what in the songs.)

The writing of Glee is so stupid. Just that little clip alone is proof of it.  pauly
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/27/2014, 9:52 am

Not planning on watching episode 18 live. Nor I plan on DVRing it to watch later. I will watch episode 19,bewcause Chris wrote it. Skip episode 20. I also plan on skipping the entire season 6.Espeically if Kurt does give up his dreams to follow Blaine to LA, and even more so if he ends up being a househusband.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/27/2014, 10:00 am

Glorfindel wrote:
sheny wrote:Considering that 90% of the song is basically a Blaine solo with Kurt singing back up it easily could have been done by Kurt alone too.
This.

It's not like songs sung by a group have never been covered as a solo on Glee, or vice versa: a solo songs being turned into a group number.

And even if SOML needed more than 1 voice, the arrangement could have been made a lot more equal and balanced of who sings what. Which makes me wonder if Kurt and Blaine agreed to sing the song this way (and Kurt would never), or if Blaine decides to take over the majority of the song while performing to June, as the attention whore he is (and Kurt should be pissed about that).

But the writers probably never even thought about that when they dictated the number of solo lines each singer gets in SOML.
(And we know from what the Anders brothers told us that RIB/Ryan always meticulously points out who gets to sing what in the songs.)

The writing of Glee is so stupid. Just that little clip alone is proof of it.  pauly

You are definitely right.

Blaine should have said no and encouraged Kurt that he could do it himself.

Blaine is an a*hole, the writers are going on with this as this is the only way Darren plays it, because he is that damn bad.

What Blaine thought and did and said in "Tested" are not what a nice person would do.

Guess more Klainers will be jumping ship after this episode and more will hate Blaine.

Fine by me.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/27/2014, 11:51 am

Kurt addict wrote:I've just listened to this song "the story of my life" and I really like it,Chris as always sounds wonderful I wish he had sung it as a solo it would have been amazing! This is a song that I really will look forward to Marie dissecting as I really would like a professionals input on the way it's been layered? Is the only way I can think of explaining what  I  mean, because I felt as though chris was underpinning Darren's vocals (lol don't know if that sounds right but it's the only term I could think of) and it also seemed to me as if Chris's voice took control when there was a long note or a slightly higher note and Darren's voice was reduced does that make sense? I am probably totally wrong, but that's the way I perceived it, what do you all think of the song? Again Chris put the emotion in the song, I could listen to him sing all day  blushh 
Maybe you mean how in the chorus Chris is singing a lower 2nd voice to Darren? (which is quite novel, though not completely new, for a Klaine harmony)

Because Chris generally holds his notes longer than Darren and sings the higher notes with more ease and more vibrato with the lower harmony in the chorus he provides a subtle but solid underlayer for Darren and supports his lead voice in SOML, while Darren sings/shouts in the foreground.  dryy 
Darren's notes are shorter than Chris's, but because Chris is singing along with Darren his longer notes sort of carry Darren's more shouted short notes and make them seem longer as well.

It's like the mouse saying to the elephant that their combined footsteps on the bridge make it tremble.  Razz  Rolling Eyes

The big echo effect in the chorus also is a trick to make Darren's voice sound fuller. You can argue that the echo is also in the original, but tbh that's also done to make the singer seem better than he really is.  uhuhu (sorry, 1D fans)

The 2nd thing you describe ("...as if Chris's voice took control when there was a long note or a slightly higher note and Darren's voice was reduced...") is a trick the music producers of Glee have been using lately to make it appear that Darren can reach higher (and lower!) notes than his limited vocal range allows.
Best example is the Blina ~duet of 'More Than a Feeling', when Tina smothly takes over the lead any time a high note is coming up. They also used that trick in 'Got To Get You Into My Life' when they seemingly randomly but actually very cleverly gave Chris all the lines with the highest notes in them, or let them sing it together and then dialling Chris softer (like the line of the chorus, but then they only showed Blaine singing it).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next