Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22

+27
mindschemez
Divalicious
kac
YaoiChick
Ireth
fantastica
opals
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
bayth
angelnessa
Porcelain
coxfire
brisallie
AnneNeville
valkeakuulas
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
Georgette888
Ranwing
ChrisColferFan1
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
sheny
31 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 14 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22

Post  Buenos 3/10/2014, 2:07 am

ColferInspired wrote:
fantastica wrote:don't they usually releasing them on mondays? or sundays? somebody overslept? or was it a daylight savings bug?

They have been releasing them on Sundays.

Yet I think they are releasing an EP album for "Nationals" so don't those come out on Monday?

Either way this episode/songs FOX is obviously not expecting a lot nor promoting it much. It's a throwaway filler in so many ways. Having the songs come out in album form will be the cover for IMO non of the songs cracking 200 in itunes.

Whose brilliant idea was it to devote a whole episode of Blam/Noobs McKinley for a defunct narrative with zero NY songs and maybe a one minute NY cameo at this late date? WTF? I'm sure a few tweeners will be gushing these songs/episode are sheer perfection but I expect their itunes sales are going to be in the toilet.

Expect some sack clothes and teeth gnashing now that McKinley is dead.

However I do hope they give at least one song to the Noobs at Nationals, otherwise Ryan Murphy is making them exit the show buck naked humiliated. phr34r 

If they don't give them one lousy song at Nationals how do people expect them to come back in the fall, seriously.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 14 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22

Post  Buenos 3/10/2014, 2:39 am

http://mjsbigblog.tumblr.com/post/79140354265/is-naya-rivera-leaving-glee-the-evidence-says-yes

Is Naya Rivera Leaving Glee? The Evidence Says Yes

The internets are buzzing with rumors that Naya Rivera, who plays the snarky Santana on Glee, is leaving the show. Although it has not been confirmed, there is ample evidence in interviews and reports, dating back to January, that Naya is finished as a regular cast member.

Although Kalan G, who shoots BTS video for FOX tweeted that Santana  was written into the script for the first all-New York episode, “New New York,” Naya hasn’t been spotted on set since the two part 100th episode special wrapped a few weeks ago.  Production is currently filming the 3rd all-New York episode, 5×16.  She’s also dyed her hair blond (which would be a no no if she were still filming), and is seemingly busy with photo shoots and non-glee appearances, according to her twitter.

Her last tweet from set, at the beginning of February, had a ring of finality about it:

On set with Glee shooting a very sweet Brit/Santana scene! #starttogetherendtogether
4:39 PM - 5 Feb 2014

Suspicions were first aroused when a Hollywood Reporter article from 1/10, that announced Gwyneth Paltrow’s return to the show, oddly left Naya off of the list of NYC cast members.

The Fox musical will then do several consecutive episodes set in New York City, centering on Rachel (Lea Michele), Blaine (Darren Criss), Kurt (Chris Colfer), Sam (Chord Overstreet) and Mercedes (Amber Riley) and potentially other co-stars.

You’ll noticed that it did mention Amber Riley, whose character, Mercedes, has come in and out of storylines since moving to Los Angeles after graduating at the end of Season 3. As it turns out Amber is shooting a small arc as we speak. Reportedly, she’ll hook up with old flame, Sam (Chord Overstreet).

Also, In the latest round of press for the 100th episode, Lea Michele seemed to spill the beans in an interview with MTV when SHE namechecked the New York City cast, including Amber, but did not mention Naya.

It’s just myself, Kevin McHale, Chris Colfer, Darren Criss, Chord Overstreet in New York City. I think that’s everyone. Chris, Darren, Chord, Kevin, me and then Amber comes in for a few episodes. […] We’re actually going to be shooting here in New York City in a few weeks.
Lea namechecks the same people in an interview with EOnline

It’s New York now, we switched locations and high school is done for the rest of the season. So it’s me and Chris and Darren and Chord [Overstreet] and Kevin [McHale] in New York and it’s so awesome

She also seems to confirm that Tina, played by  Jenna Ushkowitz, won’t be making the move with her fellow seniors. But we spoiled that news a few weeks ago.

Naya herself seems to hint that Santana’s story may come to an end sooner rather than later.  When asked by Prestige Magazine how she would like to see Santana develop in the future, Naya answered:

I don’t know, I’m not really sure. The stuff we filmed for the 100th episode brings her full circle, and I’m really comfortable with where she’s at right now.

In our batch of little spoilers for “New Directions” part 2 of the 100th episode celebration, we reported that Santana gives Brittany a plane ticket to New York City. I double checked with my source, who is familiar with the script. As far as they know, Santana was not written off the show in that episode. Nor was there an explanation for an extended absence, as the spoiler based in Brazil is claiming. HOWEVER, when my source saw the script, the episode had not yet wrapped.  The script could have been re-written on the fly as the crew was shooting.

Lastly. My source is telling me that Naya does NOT plan to come back for Season 6, and that scripts have already begun to be written without her in them. It’s her decision not to return.  I’m assuming it means that she won’t be a series regular next season. But, like Dianna Agron, Harry Shum Jr. Heather Morris and Amber Riley who are no longer regulars, I would not be surprised if she returns, at least occasionally.

Brad Falchuk, Glee c0-creator and producer told The Hollywood Reporter that any former series regular could return to the show.

As of right now, we’re focusing only on the New York and adult stories,” he said. “[The original stars] come and go. They’re there for 100 and 101 and then it’s coming and going. There’s a little more Amber. [But] never say never. When you have Harry here and he’s dancing, you do want to see him constantly. But that’s not saying anything is planned or in the works; it’s always best to keep talented people very close by.

Naya is certainly one of those talented people. She may not be part of the week to week plotline, but I bet we see her at LEAST occasionally. And who knows, maybe the show will make Naya an offer she can’t refuse, and she’ll decide to come back for Glee’s last season, on a regular basis after all. She was my favorite girl. Her Lima Heights realness played off the idealistic naivete of Kurt and Rachel perfectly.They were the odd trio. Believe me, I’m as bummed as anyone that Naya appears to be leaving the show
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/10/2014, 3:01 am

I'm someone who like when the Glee cast has more projects outside the series, either is related to work or personal life, but after reading that tumblr post I feel kinda sad, because it seems all the characters who could have helped Glee are leaving. Don't get me wrong, I like both Kevin and Amber, but I'm not so sure if they're strong actors, or at least able to keep up with Chris and Lea. So being selfish, and as the article said, I hope Glee makes an offer that Naya can't refuse.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/10/2014, 3:21 am

brisallie wrote:I'm someone who like when the Glee cast has more projects outside the series, either is related to work or personal life, but after reading that tumblr post I feel kinda sad, because it seems all the characters who could have helped Glee are leaving. Don't get me wrong, I like both Kevin and Amber, but I'm not so sure if they're strong actors, or at least able to keep up with Chris and Lea. So being selfish, and as the article said, I hope Glee makes an offer that Naya can't refuse.

The problem is glaring, in that Glee has always had a snarky, spicy adversary, whether Sue, Santana or Quinn among others.   So now that both Jane and Santana are gone for probably the rest of this year, there is  no one in that role.

They are going to have to introduce "new" villains, lots of luck with that.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/10/2014, 3:30 am

Lastly. My source is telling me that Naya does NOT plan to come back for Season 6, and that scripts have already begun to be written without her in them. It’s her decision not to return. I’m assuming it means that she won’t be a series regular next season. But, like Dianna Agron, Harry Shum Jr. Heather Morris and Amber Riley who are no longer regulars, I would not be surprised if she returns, at least occasionally.

:( :( 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/10/2014, 3:44 am

Just let Blaine be the douche bag he already is.

There you go, we will have one villain.  Smile 

It is easy to find some other actress or actor. Just make them a original character, not a copy of someone else.

I hope Naya comes back.  :( 

But the show doesn't need villains. The format has changed as they are doing adult stories.

Their adversity should be life itself.

They are meant to be writers. Use a bit of creativity and create a couple of new characters, ones we haven't seen before. Specifically female.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/10/2014, 4:12 am

Agreed they need a few more female characters.

Thank God they came to their senses and realized they couldn't move Tina to NY. They might as well have transferred Becky.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/10/2014, 4:19 am

Since a long time ago I stopped seeing Santana as the 'villain' as she started to show a more nice side, but what I like about her and I think Glee needs, is a character who adds some spicy to the mix, someone who without being exactly a villain brings some difficulty, snarky. But is not only that why I'd Santana to stay, but is also the fact Glee is lacking of female characters, by far Rachel is the only one. As regards Mercedes it seems she will be an occasional guest, or will she be regular?

...sincerely I've no idea what are RIB thinking
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/10/2014, 7:57 am

I'll miss Santana, so many missed Kurtana opportunities  crycry  
I'm curious about what Naya is thinking. Her single didn't do very well and from what I've read about her new horror movie I don't expect it to become a big hit, unless she is pregnant or has some other major project coming up I don't understand her decision to leave Glee.

Last edited by sheny on 3/10/2014, 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/10/2014, 8:51 am

sheny wrote:I'll miss Santana, so many missed Kurtana opportunities  crycry  
I'm curious about what Naya is thinking. Her single didn't do very well and from what I've read about her new horror movie I don't expect it to become a big hit. Unless she is pregnant or has some other major project coming up I don't understand her decision to leave Glee.
This.

On the other handI don't understand what RIB/Fox are thinking to just allow her to go like that.
I bet they wouldn't let Chris go if he had some major offer for another project.
Of course Chris is more essential to Glee than Naya, but after him and Lea (arguably Darren) Naya is a big draw and asset. They must know that, they're not that stupid (at least Fox isn't).

They really can't afford to lose any more viewers/fans, so granting Naya time off like this is a very bad move and a risk they can't take. Especially with Rachel now being the only girl left in New York and noone besides Kurt to deliver the snark (and he won't be allowed to bring the snark when he's around Blaine).
Plus Santana was the only lesbian on the show, and Glee luvs the LGBTQ attention (even though Ryan hates lesbians).

Would Naya really throw away her Glee exposure and paycheck to get a few months off to get married? Do reality shows (if that's what she's planning) pay that much, and are she and her fiance famous enough to warrant a reality show in the first place?

So unless whatever new project Naya will be working on is so huge they pulled some major favors or bought Naya out of her contract (which I don't really believe as Naya is not that wanted) something more must have happened BTS. saispa 
Maybe a feud with the writer or a cast member, or perhaps something physical that's preventing Naya to keep filming, like a pregnancy or drugs related (not trying to spread rumors or accuse her of doing drugs).

The BTS tell-all book of Glee will be a best-seller, that's for sure. hapitgh

Last edited by Glorfindel on 3/10/2014, 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/10/2014, 9:06 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 14 Tumblr_n27tt3Yfof1sk4whgo1_500
UHQ New episode still from 5.11, “City of Angels”

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/10/2014, 9:14 am

This is not what I wanted to hear. Santana had been a vital part of the NY storyline, bringing a bracing bite to things and providing some balance. Her absence is going to cripple the storyline from here out on many levels.

Listen, I like Rachel as a character and I respect Lea as an actor, but I have absolutely no interest in watching the Rachel Berry Show. What made Rachel work for seasons 1-5 has been balancing her mania with other characters that could puncture her ego when she went to far and temper her crazy. And with the cast now being reduced to bare bones, Santana's presence is even more critical to provide balance for Rachel's character. Without Santana there, the job of trying to rein in Rachel when she goes off the rails will fall to Kurt, and we know what a thankless job that can be.

And with weak sauce about to invade NY (Darren and Chord), we're now left with only two actors in NY to really carry the storyline. I don't see them giving Artie a huge amount of focus so all the heavy lifting will be done by Lea and Chris.

I don't know why Naya is choosing to leave at this point, given that she's gotten so much focus this past season, and I don't see her getting the kind of outside projects that would make giving up the steady paycheck worthwhile. Naya is still known primarily for her role on Glee (because she is almost always referred to as Naya Rivera from Glee). Maybe she's got something major being worked out behind the scenes that we don't know about. Maybe she just wants to get married. Maybe she got wind of her role on Glee being reduced and decided to flee the sinking ship while she could. We won't know until she makes some kind of statement (which I don't think we'll get until after the 100th ep).

As far as what this means for the characters, Rachel is the one who is going to suffer the most from Santana's absence. I liked her interactions with Santana and the friendships/rivalry that they developed. This will isolate Rachel badly, depriving her of the one real female friend that she had managed to develop in five years. Santana provided that sharpness to the airy fluff that Rachel's storyline has become, like a dose of vinegar or chili that gives depth and cuts through the cloying froth. While I won't miss all the Lady Hummel bullshit, I did like her commentary on what was going on around her. And as I said previously, when Rachel's head disappears up her own ass (which happens way too often), the one who's always going to have to deal with her now is Kurt, and that puts him on the bad side of the Rachel stans.

Hate to say it, but this is the beginning of the end for Glee. I don't see a full season six happening now.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/10/2014, 9:45 am

^And yet Lea keeps talking about the next season having 22 episodes, as if that has been guaranteed to her and she has to spread the word.

Not here for watching the Blee-and-Berry show either.  dryy 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The lack of the songs of 5x11 is quite deafening.  sifflou 
Or quite telling: take your pick. moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/10/2014, 9:51 am

I am also not here  for  the Blee  and Berry show. I  will  not watch   tomorrow's show at all. if Kurt happens  to be in it , I will  watch  his scene/s   online  later.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/10/2014, 10:15 am

What is the rumored reality show for Naya? She may not be big enough for a reality show on her own, but if it's something with Big Sean, perhaps they are big enough together for like an MTV type reality show. Naya has always struck me as the type who will use whatever is at her fingertips to make herself more relevant (though not to the extent Darren does, and not that she needs it as much because she is very talented). So, if this reality thing is something with Big Sean, she could be looking at it as something that could propel her into being the next Khardasian type.

It is unfortunate that she is leaving Glee, though, because she is definitely one of the better actors left on the show, and as other's have said they do need more woman. One thing about Naya leaving, though, is perhaps it will give Chris more opportunities to have more relationship with Blaine (yuck) or perhaps a second love interest (like Chris wants). I always felt that part of the reason why we didn't see very much development for Klaine as a couple is because they had to focus on Brittana as well. Maybe without Santana around, they won't feel the need to keep Klaine together until the end of the series, and they will break them up, let Blaine focus on Blam, and give Kurt an actor who can keep up with Chris for a relationship, or perhaps let Kurt grow as an individual. Wishful thinking on my part, I know, but a girl can dream, right?

@buenos, I too find it telling that they haven't released the songs from the episode, especially where there are two songs by a guest star. This is really going to be a waste of an hour, isn't it? But then it's good bye newbies (wish you were taking Blam with you).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/10/2014, 10:26 am

a reality show. that sounds so cheap to be honest. maybe it's my personal hate for all reality tv, but she is a fucking actress, what kind of bullshit is that.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/10/2014, 10:41 am

If Naya is looking for a lasting career, a reality show is a stupid way to go about getting it. Except for Nene, I can't think of anyone who really translated being on a reality show to getting work. Glee may be on a major downward slide, but it's got a lot more going for it than a piece of reality trash. If this is what Naya is leaving Glee for, then I really have to question her priorities and sense.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 3/10/2014, 12:03 pm

Buenos wrote:I'm presuming on site shooting in New York for most of the characters this week. However Amber is on the way to NY but it seems Kevin is shooting in LA tomorrow.  So are they now going to start shooting Episode 5.17?

Counting this week, with weekends off they will have  40 midweek working days through May 2.    At 8 working days per episode I'm wondering if they are going to be close wrapping  up the season by then.

Is Chris on the way to NYC?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/10/2014, 12:11 pm

Katie G.: I know you have Glee scoop, so just give it to me now!
We know many of you are dying for the all-NYC episodes so here are a few teasers to get you ready for the move to the big apple: We’ll soon be meeting two new faces along the bustling streets of the big city. Jessica is an attractive film student who prefers punk rock, rather than Rachel’s preppy style. And another film student, Vanessa, is a cute red-head who could spend all day discussing existential ideals. Hmm, perhaps Artie will encounter these two lovely ladies while attending film school in Brooklyn….
Tagged with glee, the description of their appearances matches two people in the addicted to love performance, otherwise nothing new here, 5x16.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/10/2014, 12:31 pm

Here's the thing with Naya, like Chris ( and the late Cory) she could stand toe to toe in an acting scene with Lea.

Santana was never "overacted" which sometimes I think even Rachel can be veer into, which is why I loved Pezberry. Plus Santana and Kurt also had good chemistry, and yet we had 10 minutes at most if this while Glee pissed away a year and a half with weak sauce characters at McKinley.

When I think of all the time wasted on Catfishing, Jarley dynamics, Blam faux bromance, Tina pathetic kissing Blaine's ass, and Becky annoying SL's, it makes you wonder if even RIB have given up on their show.

Letting Naya go is so stupid it's mind boggling.

So Klaine is the only gay representation left on the show, and of course Ryan can't be bothered with any more lesbian characters.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 3/10/2014, 12:57 pm

It's sounding more and more that this will be "The Rachel Berry Show" with her sidekicks going in and out of her storyline.  What a waste.  My second favorite character on the show has been Santana.  If it's true and she is going to only appear once in a great while - I believe, that the EPs of the show have given up. (Of course, I believe they gave up starting at the beginning of season 4.) RyRy couldn't have his favorite toys playing in his playpen at McKinley, so they'll give us Rachel in all her 'adult' glory. This is just Toddler Trollphy spitting on the fans of the old characters.  Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 14 Laie_6
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/10/2014, 1:00 pm

I respect the fact that Lea is the lead and that Rachel is the central character on the show. But I disagree strongly with the idea that Lea/Rachel can carry the show with no other female characters for contrast/balance/competition. Rachel can be a difficult character to like at times, and she needs other characters around her to keep her crazy at tolerable levels and to rein her ass in when she goes too far. With Finn gone and now Santana presumably being written out of show, the only character left to be Rachel's handler is Kurt (and I don't want to see his storyline reduced to being attached the Blaine and being Rachel's cheerleader/babysitter). Rachel, the character, worked with an ensemble cast that could balance her antic and to blunt her worst instincts. I think that as more of a solo show (which is how Lea is now painting it - Rachel at the center of the show with the boys in supporting roles), I think would become rather unbearable. Especially if the writers continue this track of basically piling on the successes.

I don't think that Lea is doing herself any favors with her recent statements. There are plenty of audience members who don't particularly like her or her character and if things plan out as she's implying (with Rachel pretty much the last significant character standing), the audience share is going to continue to shrink. Naya may not have the most fans, but they are as passionate for her as we are for Chris and without her on the show, we're going to lose them.

I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but I agree that it makes absolutely no sense for the show to let Naya go. She is one of the three best actors still left on the show and there was great on screen chemistry between her, Lea and Chris. The three of them managed to keep the NY storyline afloat despite minimal screen time, poor writing and a lack of full storyline development for anyone but Rachel. Her performances have gotten a lot of critical notice and her character is a fan favorite. Writing her out now may not kill Glee, but it's definitely going to be a critical blow
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/10/2014, 1:09 pm

Ranwing wrote: Her performances have gotten a lot of critical notice and her character is a fan favorite. Writing her out now may not kill Glee, but it's definitely going to be a critical blow

Musically she's different from both Lea and Chris, and her vocals are something I always looked forward to.  Take something like "Gloria", she was better suited to that song than Lea, yet they worked well together in that number.

I guess the "pinkie swear" of the NY Trio in 5.02 (?) to stay in Ny for two years meant nothing after all.

My guess:  whatever "happened" with Naya BTS happened  rather quickly and abruptlly Shocked

Last edited by Buenos on 3/10/2014, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/10/2014, 1:19 pm

Considering that they started a major storyline with Santana that they now have to abruptly pull the plug on? I agree, Buenos that it was sudden and important enough for Naya to be fired/asked to resign (which is how I see things). Whatever projects Naya has in the works, I don't see anything that would warrant her leaving Glee. Her single tanked, she did a movie that isn't likely to be any kind of blockbuster. Frankly, she still needs Glee in order to remain relevant. I have no doubt that the show runners will try to spin this as Naya wanting out, making it sound as if she's making the decision to quit, but I think it's pretty obvious that she is being shoved out the door.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/10/2014, 1:31 pm

By some accounts Naya left quickly after the "100 " media party and didn't do interviews. By contrast Matt Morrison who seemed more openly unhappy on Glee ( if anything he's been utilized even worse) seemed to negotiate an exit that dovetailed with the show going all NY ;he was more than cooperative with the press.

At the time I mentioned the 100 media party seemed like a warm goodbye and good luck to Matt.

Matt may be gone from Glee as a regular but the difference with Naya's exit is glaring.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next