Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

+32
TimF
Sebastian Smythe
Lottie2303
sjonnepon
M&M
Ireth
Delight
Ranwing
SippyCupofLuv
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
bayth
Kurt addict
angelnessa
tanita_mors
sheny
JamieRulz
coxfire
opals
ChrisColferFan1
AnneNeville
Porcelain
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
brisallie
Glorfindel
YaoiChick
ChrisColfersLightning
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
fantastica
36 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  Porcelain 5/4/2014, 8:09 pm

Sorry to barge in, but I just logged on a certain forum and saw that the Chord psycho and a certain other lunatic are no longer moderators!  ptdr 
Porcelain
Porcelain
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  ColferInspired 5/4/2014, 10:27 pm

Porcelain wrote:Sorry to barge in, but I just logged on a certain forum and saw that the Chord psycho and a certain other lunatic are no longer moderators!  ptdr 

Good to hear.  Twisted Evil

GleeOnFox is not promoting Chris's episode, they are promoting Blaine and the finale.  :angry:
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/4/2014, 10:44 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
Porcelain wrote:Sorry to barge in, but I just logged on a certain forum and saw that the Chord psycho and a certain other lunatic are no longer moderators!  ptdr 

GleeOnFox is not promoting Chris's episode, they are promoting Blaine and the finale.  :angry:

$10 says the BTS video person is behind the twitter feed...
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/4/2014, 10:47 pm

bayth wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

$10 says the BTS video person is behind the twitter feed...

You're probably right.  dryy

Chris doesn't follow GleeOnFox anyway.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/5/2014, 4:02 am

I am so unspoiled for 5.19.

Well I've heard the songs but other then that..,, coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/5/2014, 4:21 am

The wonderful Rae Votta who adores Chris and will always adore Cory has just interviewed Chris about his episode for Billboard and there will be a piece in Vulture as well about it.

The one for Billboard will be on Monday and the Vulture one Tuesday.

I had no idea she had a tumblr and was following me.  Smile 

I just followed her back.

Here is her tumblr if you want to follow her.

http://www.raevotta.com/post/84802196789/the-drafts-are-in-to-my-editors-so-its-out-of-my
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/5/2014, 9:59 am

Rae Votta has always been a fan of Chris, so she'll probably handle his interviews well. And by her wording it seems that Chris did more interviews on the same day she spoke with him.  neutre 

She also wrote this on her tumblr:

goodytissues asked: There's been a lot of complaining in the Chris tag (as there always is) that his episode hasn't gotten sufficient promotion. Would you say that this is not the case and that articles and press for 5x19 will be coming out in the next couple of day? (obviously releasing promotion the actual day of the episode is not ideal but thats what Fox has been doing for glee this season for some reason)

I can only answer for my work and what I know, but most of my outlets prefer to have content as close as possible to airdate. People are most primed to be searching for content about a show near it’s airdate, and people aren’t usually making viewing decisions until the day before or day of, honestly. The exception to this rule is if Fox or someone gave a huge exclusive sort of thing — either by accident, or it was planned and Fox asked for it go to ASAP. 

I suspect any press Chris did is being put out in the next two days, along with any teaser/BTS content Fox has been sitting on to amp up tune-in.
x
I'll take that as good news.  hapitgh 
 (although I think that the Glee facebook promoting the Shirley MacLaine and Blaine 'friendship' was a big mistake)

Last edited by Glorfindel on 5/5/2014, 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/5/2014, 10:02 am

We all have to ignore the ratings (there won't be a big difference, no matter what) - it is the reviews that matter. In case they are great, the lack or promotion and RIB won't matter. Because Chris will be the overall winner, no matter what the ratings say.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/5/2014, 10:49 am

Agreed.

If his episode gets good reviews from the critics, it's win/win for Chris.  

The ratings imploded and won't come back, so it's not not expected to have any impact when Glee drove away their core audience for a year and a half before Chris episode.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/5/2014, 10:54 am

Chris alone cannot save Glee. This show is, at best, on life support. I'll be happy with a modest bump in the ratings since a lot of people who love Chris but stopped watching Glee because they're tired of the Blaine and/or Rachel show.

I'm going to agree that the real interest will be in the critical reviews. If sources like Billboard and Broadway.com are complimentary towards Chris's episode, even if the ratings are poor, it looks great for Chris. My hope is to see positive reviews across the board, to open up more posibilities for Chris to write episodes. Good reviews will only help Chris's future career regardless or had much Glee tanks.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/5/2014, 11:03 am

Ranwing wrote:Chris alone cannot save Glee. This show is, at best, on life support. I'll be happy with a modest bump in the ratings since a lot of people who love Chris but stopped watching Glee because they're tired of the Blaine and/or Rachel show.

I'm going to agree that the real interest will be in the critical reviews. If sources like Billboard and Broadway.com are complimentary towards Chris's episode, even if the ratings are poor, it looks great for Chris. My hope is to see positive reviews across the board, to open up more posibilities for Chris to write episodes. Good reviews will only help Chris's future career regardless or had much Glee tanks.

Not like people such as Bryan Fuller dont' think the world of Chris even now.  Razz 

With his stint in "HOt in Cleveland" coming out, as while as his next book tour and LOS release, Chris is going to have an eventful and busy summer.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 5/5/2014, 11:13 am

I will try to be articulate in what I try to say: I think Chris episode will be a good episode, but I don't think it will be "one of the best", and not because of Chris writing, but because the episode is featured in such a low quality season, with no plot, and no grand direction whatsoever.

So, while I feel that Chris episode will be funny, witty, endearing (and will provide some satisfactory A-plot for Kurt), unfortunately, Chris was limited in his episode in terms of repercussion on the characters and their personal journey. Usually, a "great" episode is an episode that delivers in terms of personal journey for its characters, brings an unforseen twist, reveals a key part of a plot, etc. This season doesn't really provide the right context for such a thing to happen.

Plus, Chris had to compose with what RIB had in mind for 520, and in a way, 519 will be kind of a filler. But it will be a GOOD filler, better than some of the "major" episodes, like Backup plan (Rachel shifting for TV and Blaine becoming a magesuperstar)
This is the only complaint I have about the episode: that Chris couldn't freely write for Kurt (would he have broken Klaine up if he could?) or the other characters.

So don't get me wrong: I'm sure it will be good, but it could have been better had the writing not sucked major ass this season.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/5/2014, 11:20 am

Coxfire, that is a good point that a stand alone episode doesn't have as much impact as an episode that can buildup and conclude a good arc. Glee really hasn't done that since season one unfortunately.

IF Chris can give the characters good characterization without throwing them under the bus with WTF actions he will be ahead of 90 % of the drivel the regular Glee writers have thrown out this year.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/5/2014, 11:37 am

I have so simply hope and request: I want the audience to be entertained. I want the audience to be reminded why they once loved Glee. I want them to finish the episode, loving it, without being enraged about certain plot developments.

I think that is a reasonable and very much possible request. I do not expect wonders from Chris. I know the episode is a filler. But I firmly believe there will be a great balance of dark humor, entertainment, touching moments and highlighting some great guest starts who are there to SUPPORT the main cast.

When Chris achieves this (and I fully believe he can), I am happy.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/5/2014, 12:08 pm

I'll still argue that the episode isn't going to be simply filler (which for me defines an episode that has no link to the overall storylines) and more a bridge episode. Rachel is going to be dealing with the fallout of her decision to skip a performance in order to do her Hollywood audition. We're progressing along with the Samcedes relationship. And (most importantly) we have the very logical progression of Kurt's story - now seeing that he's not nearly as cheerful as he's been making himself out to be when comparing where he stands in his career vs who everyone else is.

Given that Kurt's place in the finale is basically just an attachment to Blaine's storyline, I can get how ODNT seems like a standalone, but it actually is very closely linked to everything that's been going on up until now and likely will have some impact on what happens next week.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/5/2014, 12:14 pm

^Fair enough. My first comment still stands, but I agree it is a bridge-episode.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/5/2014, 4:15 pm

Well FOX just made some prelimiary announcements for the Upfronts and guess who's going to be performing? I'll make it easy. It's not Chris, Lea, Naya, Amber, Chord or Kevin. beam

I just can't... they're going to keep shoving him down our throats until we either choke or vomit. At least this is the last time that we'll have to deal with his unprofessional behavior and show boating at the upfronts. After next season, I'll be able to go through the rest of my life without ever having to see his stupic, smug face again.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/5/2014, 4:24 pm

they think he's going to save glee. we all know the truth. i am voting w/ my remote. not watching all his crap.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/5/2014, 4:27 pm

Sigh, Glee is a nightmare in terms of quality, critical acclaim and ratings. Let them use Darren - I am very much glad that Chris is not used for extensive marketing purposes. So once the show is over, the blame can put on Darren because Season 6 will fail drastically.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/5/2014, 4:30 pm

Not planning watch season 6 at all. I will not watch for sure if Kurt gives up on all of his dreams top follow Blaine to LA,and become a househusband.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/5/2014, 4:39 pm

^ given how much they are promoting you-know-who, i won't be able to stomach glee next season even if i want to. i will jsut hang out there and look at all the cute kurt gifs. they will be all i need. it's pretty much how i "watch" season 5 anyway - i only watched 3 episodes (quarter back, the butch kurt at NYADA one and bash). chris' episode will be the last one i watch. the rest are all crap.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/5/2014, 4:40 pm

actually i think it makes sense for fox to promote blarren - only his fans are left!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/5/2014, 5:06 pm

Ranwing wrote: Well FOX just made some prelimiary announcements for the Upfronts and guess who's going to be performing? I'll make it easy. It's not Chris, Lea, Naya, Amber, Chord or Kevin.  beam
Is anyone surprised?  Rolling Eyes

I pity the cast members and other attendants at the upfronts who have to keep themselves from cringing when they're forced to listen to Darren's live ~singing.

Lottie2303 wrote:Sigh, Glee is a nightmare in terms of quality, critical acclaim and ratings. Let them use Darren - I am very much glad that Chris is not used for extensive marketing purposes. So once the show is over, the blame can put on Darren because Season 6 will fail drastically.
 banzai This.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/5/2014, 7:08 pm

Eh, just one year more to go on Glee regardless.

Less than 26 hours to Chris' Glee written episode!!

bounce bounce bounce 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/5/2014, 7:09 pm

^ thanks for the count down sista! keep on going!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next