Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

+32
TimF
Sebastian Smythe
Lottie2303
sjonnepon
M&M
Ireth
Delight
Ranwing
SippyCupofLuv
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
bayth
Kurt addict
angelnessa
tanita_mors
sheny
JamieRulz
coxfire
opals
ChrisColferFan1
AnneNeville
Porcelain
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
brisallie
Glorfindel
YaoiChick
ChrisColfersLightning
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
fantastica
36 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 35 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  fantastica 5/18/2014, 12:55 am

^ very likely. chris will try to please his fans as much as possible. i can totally see him ending the tour in UK just before his filming (or even during a few "off" days while filming). he may also do more signing/tour stuff in the rest of europe after filming is done, but before back to US. by then there be new announcements regarding his other movie project, or Robodog or something.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 35 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  bayth 5/18/2014, 1:06 am

And just think - in about a week to a week and a half we'll have costume pictures of Chris from his birthday party!

ETA! OMG he's having an early birthday party as we type!!!
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/18/2014, 1:17 am

chris is very good at keeping us fans happy. everytime we got so mad at glee chris would send ou funny and totally unrelated tweets or news about his new projects. he not only works hard to keep himself busy but to keep us fans happy (as much as he can). we should be thankful. if anybody really can't wait, you can:
a) find more celebrities to idolize so if one gets "quiet" you will likely find another making some sort of news/announcements;
b) find a new hobby that will occupy a lot of your free time.  neutre 
c) cry yourself a river. see if it's better.  Smile 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/18/2014, 1:18 am

There are similarities between Noel and the arc they wrote for Blaine among other similarities.

Vanessa Redgrave played a Mrs Dalloway.

Shirley, June Dolloway.

Noel was taken under the wing of a rich socialite, same as Blaine.

The fact that they had this socialite fawning all over Blaine and not Kurt, makes me uncomfortable.

The writers are trying to make Chris's success Blaine's success, because they can't make it Darren's.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/18/2014, 1:22 am

^ wow, thanx for the comparison. blaine's success is totally fictional. chris has the REAL LIFE success of playing a real world successful man. that's the difference!

chris probably told the producers that he needed time away in late summer because of Noel movie, and that gave the writer/producers ideas about what to do w/ blaine. i am glad that storyline is not kurt's, because i want kurt to play different characters w/ different storylines.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/18/2014, 1:31 am

fantastica wrote:^ wow, thanx for the comparison. blaine's success is totally fictional. chris has the REAL LIFE success of playing a real world successful man. that's the difference!

chris probably told the producers that he needed time away in late summer because of Noel movie, and that gave the writer/producers ideas about what to do w/ blaine. i am glad that storyline is not kurt's, because i want kurt to play different characters w/ different storylines.

But it is annoying when they steal from the actors, actresses lives.  dryy
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/18/2014, 1:53 am

^ they've been stealing storylines since season 1! - wheels, rachel's nose, Unique's trans stuff, now rachel going to hollywood making a tv show, etc. how else can they come up w/ so many stories to kill the time?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/18/2014, 1:57 am

fantastica wrote:^ they've been stealing storylines since season 1! - wheels, rachel's nose, Unique's trans stuff, now rachel going to hollywood making a tv show, etc. how else can they come up w/ so many stories to kill the time?

Lazy writing 101.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/18/2014, 2:13 am

ColferInspired wrote:
fantastica wrote:^ they've been stealing storylines since season 1! - wheels, rachel's nose, Unique's trans stuff, now rachel going to hollywood making a tv show, etc. how else can they come up w/ so many stories to kill the time?

Lazy writing 101.

Very very true.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/18/2014, 3:48 am

Taking this to the Noel thread.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/21/2014, 3:25 am

Chris's mum, Karyn has had to resort to shutting down her twitter account because of the pain it causes Chris by these so called "fans". But no-one can be certain if this is the case, but it is more than likely it could be the case.  :( 

It could be because of the video with Cooper and the treadmill yesterday. But no-one is sure.  I have no idea if her account has been hacked into again or not.

I hope Chris is able to talk her out of it, because this is just letting the bullies win, but I can understand she is a mother that loves her son. And this account has to do with her funding for "Cure".  :( 

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 35 Tumblr_n5wsinOBl01qa3ptgo1_500

Last edited by ColferInspired on 5/21/2014, 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/21/2014, 3:37 am

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 35 Tumblr_n5wtuk2WJa1qcf63jo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/21/2014, 4:27 am

I will be SO stoned for this. I am kinda glad she is not using an open twitter account anymore (however a private twitter should be recommended to her)  phr34r 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/21/2014, 4:47 am

I know is her decision, but I just feel she doesn't have haters or 'so called fans' to pisses her off , she could have changed her account into private as Dot's wife did.

Seriously, I believe those people need a warning, is unbearable they keep disturbing Chris's friends and family. Sometimes I wonder if someday Chris will feel fed up as well and change his account to private status, if not, I don't know if he has time to block all the shitty people out there.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/21/2014, 5:19 am

^OMG, that's sad. 

Of course noone can be sure of what happened that caused this, but a safe bet would be that she constantly got harassed and bullied by a bunch of tinhatters, like we know most of Chris' friends get whenever a new pic or video of Chris wil Will comes out. 
And it's causing Chris much pain.  :( 

Dammit, I hate these people.  sayian  antifana
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/21/2014, 5:51 am

Chris would have known what would happen when he posted that video, but I really don't think he cares and just does what he wants in sharing things with his massive fanbase.

Look at all the party pics with Will be got this year. Then we got the video yesterday.

Maybe Karyn should ask Chris how to put her twitter account on private.

I do think knowing these people harass and bully her son is extremely upsetting to her, and that she is one that is feeling the pain. She is a mother, so it is understandable to feel this way. No matter what age he is, he is still her baby boy, so she is going to keep being protective of him and worry about him.

The CrissColfer tinhatters are a small group.

Chris did block a few last month for saying nasty stuff about Will.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/21/2014, 6:30 am

ColferInspired wrote:Chris would have known what would happen when he posted that video, but I really don't think he cares and just does what he wants in sharing things with his massive fanbase.
This is true, I think. Or maybe he just pushes through the hate and hurt and does what he wants anyway.

It's his life, and unfortunately he faces the bad sides of being famous too. But it shouldn't affect and extent to his mom, or other relatives and friends.
That must be part of the hurt for Chris: that his loved ones, who never choose to be in a profession where fame could play a part, have to face this crap as well. His mom might be more upset about this than she thinks he is, but the issue is that this shouldn't happen at all, no matter how Chris or his mom deal with it.

One more reason to hope that Glee will be over soon.  Rolling Eyes 
The faster Chris can get away of being associated with Darren all the time, the better. There will probably still remain a few diehards tinhatters after Glee is done, but most of them will hopefully move on to other things real quickly.

How ironic, when you come to think of it: I bet Chris never thought when he got his first professional job that he'd be trapped in a 'Twilight'-like shipping fandom craze, both in the show and in real life.  Evil or Very Mad

He probably never imagined he'd be a teenage heartthrob either.  fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/21/2014, 9:34 am

There is such a steep learning curve for not only a young actor when it comes to handling all that fame brings, but his family and friends as well. The Colfers have gotten a nasty taste of the underside of fame - the haters and backbiters who seem to exist only to cause misery to someone else. The fact that Chris shot to fame with his first professional job and achieved so much acclaim makes that learning curve even more steep. I'm not surprised that his mother is stepping back from social media at this point. This is the big downside of fame - the loss of any chance to be normal.

The fact that Chris's character on Glee is trapped in a relationship with Blaine/Darren, who has one of the most obcessive, arrogant and self-entitled fanbases going makes it worse. They show no respect for boundaries or consideration for people's feelings. They've attacked Dot and her wife for not including Darren in their little get togethers with Chris (instead inviting Oliver, who is apparently now quite close to Chris and Will). They attack Chris's real-life boyfriend for not being Darren and being in the way of their fantasy. They've lost all sense of reality and when you are dealing with idiots like this, it's time to step back and let them stew in their own crazy.

Chris's mom doesn't just have Chris to worry about. The whole family has suffered as a result of these crazies. Posting pictures and tweeting isn't worth the tinhatters from adversely affecting the whole family. Even going private doesn't help all the time, as stuff does leak.

I think that until Glee is finished with (and that's a sooner rather than later at this point) and Chris moves on with his career, the majority of nutballs will fade into the background. Once Chris is as strongly associated with his new work and not playing opposite Darren, the majority will move on to their next obcession. I personally feel sorry for whoever gets cast opposite Darren, because he/she is going to face a shitstorm of crazy.

Chris has learned that for celebrities, social media is a tool. It's not just something to enjoy with friends because stuff that you posted years ago and completely forgotten about will come back to bite you (such as Will's off colored jokes on his blog or Adam Lambert's old pictures with his boyfriend that surfaced right before the AI finals). You have to thicken your skin and handle things calmly (like blocking the crazies without getting into a fight with them). He handles things just fine and he's happy to share some small part of his life with his real fans. If the lunatics who escaped the asylum can't handle the fact that Chris and Will are very happily together, too bad for them.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/21/2014, 10:44 am

it's only sad because she seems to really enjoying tweeting. i personally do not have twitter or any other social media stuff. i stay completely off the radar and i don't want anybody mind my own private business. if i want to brag about my cat i will send an email w/ picture attachments to all those who i know would enjoy seeing them. private emails work just as well among a circle of private friends. i don't want the whole world to know what i do every morning and every night and how many teeth i have left.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/21/2014, 11:55 am

^How many teeth do you have left?  areu
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/21/2014, 12:33 pm

Karyn Colfer still has a twitter account - it's now private.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 5/21/2014, 12:36 pm

Perhaps I'm being a bit of a bitch here, but Chris' mom has always seemed a bit "off" to me. If you're going to be done with social media, be done with it. No need to for the "being a mom is more important" announcement and the hand wringing.

I could understand her leaving Twitter because of the nut jobs if it were her personal decision. She phrases it as though she's doing it for Chris and doesn't really want to go. Why would he ask her to leave because of the bullies and then stay on social media himself? I wonder if he wasn't a bit embarrassed at how his mom and the friend carried on about the leaked dog pictures.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/21/2014, 12:39 pm

I'm not going to argue that she handled this particularlly well. She doesn't have a PR team handling her stuff and she is a normal person who found herself on the recieving end of a whole lot of crazy. I took that tweet as her wanting to get the last word in, which probably wasn't the smartest thing, but it's not out of the line of what the average person might do in her situation.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/21/2014, 1:20 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^How many teeth do you have left?  areu

enough to bite anyone who dared to ask me stupid questions. areu
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/21/2014, 2:07 pm

opals wrote:Perhaps I'm being a bit of a bitch here, but Chris' mom has always seemed a bit "off" to me. If you're going to be done with social media, be done with it. No need to for the "being a mom is more important" announcement and the hand wringing.

I could understand her leaving Twitter because of the nut jobs if it were her personal decision. She phrases it as though she's doing it for Chris and doesn't really want to go. Why would he ask her to leave because of the bullies and then stay on social media himself? I wonder if he wasn't a bit embarrassed at how his mom and the friend carried on about the leaked dog pictures.

I'll be a bitch as well, and I agree with you.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next