Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

+32
TimF
Sebastian Smythe
Lottie2303
sjonnepon
M&M
Ireth
Delight
Ranwing
SippyCupofLuv
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
bayth
Kurt addict
angelnessa
tanita_mors
sheny
JamieRulz
coxfire
opals
ChrisColferFan1
AnneNeville
Porcelain
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
brisallie
Glorfindel
YaoiChick
ChrisColfersLightning
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
fantastica
36 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  Jellyrolls 4/10/2014, 12:46 pm

Ranwing wrote:It's more Darren verbal diarrhea, but his stans will act as if his shit doesn't stink.

His team really should limit and use more control on his interviews because it seems like every time he gets an interview, he says something that makes him look like an ass.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  Ranwing 4/10/2014, 12:58 pm

He is one of the worst interview subjects that I've seen in a long time. I don't think that he's a matter of not having a filter. He just tries to come across like he's so deep when in reality he comes across like a pretentious asshat. He doesn't think about how what he's saying is going to be percieved by others. I'm not saying that every word has to be carefully scripted, but he doesn't come across well and I would think that his people would try to coach him better before they infict him on another hapless publication. Can you imagine him on a show like Inside the Actors Studio? They'd eat him alive!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/10/2014, 1:55 pm

ColferInspired wrote:This is from the Indie interview Darren did with those hideous clothes he had on for the photoshoot.

“But in high school, I had difficulty having any sort of resonance with the typical high school presentation in television and film and popular media. You know, the age-old stereotypes of the jocks versus the nerds and the theater geeks. I never really saw that categorical society hierarchy. Maybe it did exist in people’s minds - I think people actually see those movies and they project that into their lives.”

Wonder if Darren has said this to Chris.

Guess Chris being bullied in middle school and high school was all in Chris's head.

Same with all the kids and adults that were also bullied.

One thing is he didn't experience bully as school, good for him, but another thing is saying that is in people's mind. This are the kind of comments I don't like Darren does, got it is his opinion, his experience, but he can't say other's people imagine they were having a hard time at school, he doesn't know what those people went through. Sometimes I wonder if Darren only lives in his small world and doesn't do some research.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/10/2014, 2:41 pm

well, to be fair from my personal experience, i too never witnessed that type of hierarchy in school as well (and we only had public schools back then, maybe like 1 or two private ones have popped up lately, for kids of popular singers and diplomats mostly). we don't have that type of distinction here, although reading the papers a few last years, bullying has become a problem here is well, thought more of an exception then a rule. we didn't have that when i went to school, either primary or secondary.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/10/2014, 2:50 pm

well, to be fair from my personal experience, i too never witnessed that type of hierarchy in school as well (and we only had public schools back then, maybe like 1 or two private ones have popped up lately, for kids of popular singers and diplomats mostly). we don't have that type of distinction here, although reading the papers a few last years, bullying has become a problem here is well, thought more of an exception then a rule. we didn't have that when i went to school, either primary or secondary

Yes, but it is one thing to not having experienced it, it is another to say it is in people's minds. I'm glad you were never bullied because it really sucks, but Darren dismissing it as a urban/TV myth is despicable
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/10/2014, 3:56 pm

OMG, no societal hierarchy in American high schools, seriously?

Darren went to private grammar and high school, nothing wrong with that. However to deny that cliques exist in AMerican High schools as something in "people's minds" is a bit much for me to swallow.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 4/10/2014, 4:34 pm

I'm sorry, but Darren comes off as such an entitled dick most of the time. I went to high school in the 80's, and there was most definitely a heirarchy that me and most of the kids like me sat near the bottom if. Heck, John Hughes made a whole career depicting the typical American public high school pecking order on film, and most of it rang pretty true to what I and my siblings experienced. I can't imagine it's much different today.

Darren gets more unlikable every time he opens his mouth. I wonder how many times his PR guy has face-palmed since taking Darren on as a client.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 4/10/2014, 4:42 pm

Yeah, one of my fave bits of that breakdown of the interview that I posted above from ONTD-Glee was:

4. "It’s funny, because even though [social media is] so new, there are still so many terms and sociological titles, from the more colloquial ones to FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). Just like anything - whether science, technology, literature art - with every amazing step forward in our culture, you take an equal step back. With that said, I will defend social media!"
Darren beginning a long rant about the societal impact and scholarly terminology tied to social media, presumably all taught to him in the crash course he got from Mobio INsider two months ago, back when he was pretending he didn't know how to be involved in social media until he got ad money to do it.
Also, did you know that our culture has done nothing but take equal steps forward and backward and thus has never made any real progress? Welcome to Sociocultural Anthropology 101. Your professor today is basing the curriculum on Newton's Third Law of Motion.

I snorted.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/10/2014, 4:55 pm

I always thought that people who don't see the hierarchies in school are either spending a lot of time skipping school or being at the top of the food chain themselves. School is so very nice if no one ever reminds you that you should return to your own little freak corner, please.

In here, we pride ourselves with the best schools in the world but that does not mean we didn't for example know exactly where to sit in lunch hours, what toilets to use and what corridors to avoid at what time, because there were girls and boys we didn't want to, or more specifically they didn't want to see us there.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/10/2014, 6:47 pm

Georgette888 wrote:Yeah, one of my fave bits of that breakdown of the interview that I posted above from ONTD-Glee was:

4. "It’s funny, because even though [social media is] so new, there are still so many terms and sociological titles, from the more colloquial ones to FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). Just like anything - whether science, technology, literature art - with every amazing step forward in our culture, you take an equal step back. With that said, I will defend social media!"
Darren beginning a long rant about the societal impact and scholarly terminology tied to social media, presumably all taught to him in the crash course he got from Mobio INsider two months ago, back when he was pretending he didn't know how to be involved in social media until he got ad money to do it.
Also, did you know that our culture has done nothing but take equal steps forward and backward and thus has never made any real progress? Welcome to Sociocultural Anthropology 101. Your professor today is basing the curriculum on Newton's Third Law of Motion.

I snorted.

Did Darren said that in the first paragraph? I'm confused, was he defending the media by using complicated terms? I'm sorry but I didn't get his point.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/10/2014, 7:00 pm

brisallie wrote:Did Darren said that in the first paragraph? I'm confused, was he defending the media by using complicated terms? I'm sorry but I didn't get his point.
Lol, half of the time Darren doesn't even have a point when he's blathering.  Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/10/2014, 7:09 pm

Did you ever have the desire to hear two idiots talk about Sondheim? Now's your chance:

They've really been pushing Blarren on the Facebook page lately. Between this, and Mia overusing in the BTS stuff, they are really bringing overexposure of Blarren to new levels.

Hey Glee, showing us more Blarren isn't going to make us like him any better. He's still a mediocre actor and singer who is at least partially responsible for killing the show.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/10/2014, 8:05 pm

Oooh, all this focus on Darren in the BTS video stuff now makes Mia come of like a very  unprofessional, lovestruck teenager.   pauly
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/10/2014, 8:33 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
brisallie wrote:Did Darren said that in the first paragraph? I'm confused, was he defending the media by using complicated terms? I'm sorry but I didn't get his point.
Lol, half of the time Darren doesn't even have a point when he's blathering.  Rolling Eyes

Got it. Is like when some people said complicated words to make themselves look smarter.

I don't know so much about Sondheim, as I never heard about him before Glee (yeah glee has introduced me to lots of musicals), but I guess if you put two people to talk about it is because they have some information or have listened to his songs. But after watching the video, looks to me like they had no idea what to say; I don't know it was real or trying to be 'funny'.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/10/2014, 9:31 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:I always thought that people who don't see the hierarchies in school are either spending a lot of time skipping school or being at the top of the food chain themselves. School is so very nice if no one ever reminds you that you should return to your own little freak corner, please.

In here, we pride ourselves with the best schools in the world but that does not mean we didn't for example know exactly where to sit in lunch hours, what toilets to use and what corridors to avoid at what time, because there were girls and boys we didn't want to, or more specifically they didn't want to see us there.
wow, i can't believe that type of attitude exists. i was a sort of invisible girl in my school, with a couple of really good friends (who i hang out even today) and was on good terms with everyone. i'm not super hot, talented or was athletic. just average, like most people were. the only somewhat existent hierarchy is the monetary one. rich or well off people usually hung with those who also had money, but even that was more of an exception then a rule. i have to wonder is that type of division between students in usa high schools really a good thing and why is it accepted.

but then again, we don't have active sports teams in schools, official ones anyone, like you do, cheerleaders only exist in big basketball clubs here and specific club attendance doesn't do much for grades or credits here, it's all about and only about your interests.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/10/2014, 10:17 pm

not all schools are the same. one of my son went to both private and public schools and he loves the public schools a lot more, saying it's a lot easier to get along w/ people.

when i came to the US i attended 3 yrs of high school, but our schools are not like a typical american hs. it's full of immigrants so each ethnic/national groups form their own communities and we don't bother w/ each other much. among us chinese students there were no jocks, only nerds and "child-laborers" (those who work part time in restaraunts or garment factories - they were usually illegal immigrants). there was no drugs and sex if any was nobody's business. all we talked about was how to apply for scholarship and how our parents forcing us to behave one way or the other. my hubby, a native born, said that high school in his experience was similar to how glee portrays. DC grew up in a very privileged family, so who knows what his experience were.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/11/2014, 1:36 am

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 21 Tumblr_n3ufmu0Lam1r4gxc3o1_500
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 21 Tumblr_n3ufmu0Lam1r4gxc3o3_r1_500
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 21 Tumblr_n3ufmu0Lam1r4gxc3o2_500
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 21 Tumblr_n3ug0e5J951r4gxc3o1_500

Rolling Eyes  I know they are just colleagues hanging out but I'm so sad after the last spoilers and seeing them tweet Blamchel/Daleastreet photos for the 6th time this month makes it worse. In S4 there were so many cute BTS Lea, Naya and Chris pics. I want that again not Daleastreet.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/11/2014, 5:33 am

^It's them pimping their rl shipname that kinda bothers me. They can hang out with whomever they want but leave it to the fans if your cute little friendship deserves a real ship name in the fandom, and let them also pick it.
But whatever, I don't really care. sleepp 

The high school hierarchy is not just a US isolated thing: in my experience it's everywhere. Here in the Netherlands we may not have jocks (as in school sport teams) or cheerleaders, but in most schools there is a clear difference between the hot/popular people and the nerds, the rich and the poor, the bullies and the wallflowers.

I also don't think it's not just isolated to schools and colleges: it can be found in workplaces too, or in families, even groups of 'friends' hanging out. This tendency to place (other) people in a hierarchical construction when still a child often has a long echoing aftermath in later life.

Not saying that everyone should have experienced that hierarchy, as I'm sure there are (thankfully) exceptions and safe environments, but it definitely is there.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 4/11/2014, 5:50 am

It's part of the reason, as well as because of misogyny and sometimes money in play, that you get those cases where rape victims are hounded by a community because the perpetrators are popular or sports team stars. So, tbh, I think Darren trying to be 'deep' is talking crap and, if he engaged his brain before talking, he'd realise that.

Since this is Snark 'n' Bark, I will say that one of the things that most irritates me about Darren fandom is the way so many young girls act so awe-struck by his 'vocabulary' and 'eloquence'. I really don't think his need to use 10 words when 2 would do is as admirable as they think it is. lol
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/11/2014, 5:52 am

Georgette888 wrote:It's part of the reason, as well as because of misogyny and  sometimes money in play, that you get those cases where rape victims are hounded by a community because the perpetrators are popular or sports team stars.  So, tbh, I think Darren trying to be 'deep' is talking crap and, if he engaged his brain before talking, he'd realise that.

Since this is Snark 'n' Bark, I will say that one of the things that most irritates me about Darren fandom is the way so many young girls act so awe-struck by his 'vocabulary' and 'eloquence'. I really don't think his need to use 10 words when 2 would do is as admirable as they think it is. lol

He just comes off looking dumb.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/11/2014, 7:39 am

sheny wrote:
 Rolling Eyes  I know they are just colleagues hanging out but I'm so sad after the last spoilers and seeing them tweet Blamchel/Daleastreet photos for the 6th time this month makes it worse. In S4 there were so many cute BTS Lea, Naya and Chris pics. I want that again not Daleastreet.

I still say it reeks of desperation on Chord's part since he is the one who seems to be tweeting pictures of them every time they are together (Darren seems to have stopped posting the pictures). Then Lea follows suit after.

I wish they would stop trying to make Blamchel/Daleastreet a thing. I mean, is there anyone out there who actually care about those three as a trio? A quick view of tumblr shows that there are very few posts about them, and they aren't overly reblogged.

I can't help but wonder if all of the sudden we are going if all these Deleastreet pictures are going to lead to word in a few months that Lea and Chord are dating.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/11/2014, 8:48 am

I also believe not everybody in the cast has to be together all the time, but what I don't like is the fact they're trying to 'sell' this new friendship by already giving themselves a name. As someone mentioned before, let the fans to name them. I don't know if is because we will have more sam/blaine/rachel scenes in the future and they're doing some promotion, or actually get along well. I believe is a mixture of both.

@Jelly, once it was commented that could be something between Lea and Chord when he was on set while se was filming Cannonball. But then it was forgotten.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/11/2014, 9:19 am

I was mistaken in my previous post. Darren is just as involved in the daleastreet crap as the others, as he did tweet it too. Keep tweeting the pics, you thre. People don't care about daLAMEastreet no matter how you force it on us. And please note I am not calling lea lame. She is the only in that trio I actually like.

@romina, I find' hear about the lea chord thing. Or I'd I had, I have forgotten. If there is something going on between them, I bet if wouldn't be made public until the summer after the anniversary of Cory's passing.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/11/2014, 10:06 am

brisallie wrote:I also believe not everybody in the cast has to be together all the time, but what I don't like is the fact they're trying to 'sell' this new friendship by already giving themselves a name. As someone mentioned before, let the fans to name them. I don't know if is because we will have more sam/blaine/rachel scenes in the future and they're doing some promotion, or actually get along well.  I believe is a mixture of both.
Can Rachel get that Hollywood contract, move to LA and take Blaine and Sam with her?

Then Santana can move back into the loft again. Or Artie. Or Mercedes, as she will have lost her roommates.
Kurt, Artie, Santana and Mercedes together in the loft in NY: now that's a show I'd want to watch (and throw in some Elliot, Sabastian or Adam C. as well).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/11/2014, 11:22 am

Eh... not reading too much into this. Lea loves everyone. And the three of them are kind of at loose ends at the moment (since Lea's album went nowhere on the charts and her "book" is being written by someone else) so no surprise that they hang out once in awhile.

Chris is busy with Will, writing the next volume in TLOS, planning his book tour for A Grim Warning, working on his voice over for Robodog and now filming HIC. So am not shedding too many tears that he's not hanging out with Lea and the bros.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next