Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

+32
TimF
Sebastian Smythe
Lottie2303
sjonnepon
M&M
Ireth
Delight
Ranwing
SippyCupofLuv
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
bayth
Kurt addict
angelnessa
tanita_mors
sheny
JamieRulz
coxfire
opals
ChrisColferFan1
AnneNeville
Porcelain
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
brisallie
Glorfindel
YaoiChick
ChrisColfersLightning
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
fantastica
36 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  fantastica 3/20/2014, 4:47 pm

at least the hate crime sl is his own. it would never happen if they still had HS getting 3/4 of the time slot and the remaining NY storylines end up being rachel's, with kurt being her sidekick only.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  Buenos 3/20/2014, 5:08 pm

fantastica wrote:at least the hate crime sl is his own. it would never happen if they still had HS getting 3/4 of the time slot and the remaining NY storylines end up being rachel's, with kurt being her sidekick only.

Yea, Jellyrolls, Ryan Murphy was determined to make McKinley "stick" that he started doing such odd things that it was just so desperate at the end. A heavy dramatic "shooting star" episode where your strongest young actors are MIA?? WTF?"?

Even Rachel was just a side character by the end of Season 4.   It was interesting that as the season went along her screentime and songs decreased more and more.  Say what you will about Ryan, Lea has always been one of his pets, so I think it's more that he bit off more than he could chew with the McKinley/Lima split and could not backtrack and admit he made a mistake.

Ryan's pride and ego was at stake and he COULD.NOT.ADMIT McKinley couldn't survive.  PLus even giving Blaine/Blam so much became counterproductive because in the end they had to graduate, so what then?  Shocked 

Ryan Murphy argued that a new cast was needed to prolong the show to 8 years and more, and that otherwise the show couldn't last more than six years.

Well, that went well.   coool
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/20/2014, 9:05 pm

bayth wrote:
fantastica wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:It amazes me how many people have turned on Blaine.  My sisters used to wonder why I disliked him so much, and now they get it.  After the trio episode, my sister said to me, "You're right.  Blaine is really annoying."

By the time this show ends, the only people watching will be Darren's family and Ryan.

now i start to feel sorry for him again ... or not.

Hee.  You reap what you sow.  Giving Blarren so much focus has done him no favors.

Exactly.

At this moment I believe only true gleeks are watching the show, and I'm not even sure how true fans they're. It has been commented before that Glee has reached that point in which fans only keep 'faithful' because their favorite ones are still on the show; but if not, the could leave immediately. We just saw that when it was rumoured Naya was leaving, lots of people said 'I quit Glee', other people who had previously left were more evil and said " I'm glad people is seeing the light".
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/20/2014, 9:13 pm

If I read one more post (on tumblr and such) of a Blarrenstan stating that Chris being asked to write an episode of Glee is only a publicity stunt of RIB and not related to Chris' talent as a writer, or that Chris will probably be unprofessional and write whatever he wants to get rid of B(K)laine, and that it better be an AU episode so Chris won't "mess up" the characters, or that actors should never write an episode of the show they're in themselves, , etc....................
..................................................I'm gonna  antifana 

Really?  ijuta 
As if when it had been Darren who was asked to write an episode of Glee they wouldn't cheer and brag about it? I'm pretty sure they would not say that actors should not write for the show they are in.
JFC.   rentine
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/20/2014, 9:21 pm

One word: hypocrites

Seriously, I've no idea how to discuss with them anymore. They're so full of their fanaticism, is not like the rest of the fandom are not, but sometimes they're more open to understand things.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/20/2014, 9:30 pm

Oh, who the fuck cares what they think anyone? Does anyone honestly believe that they will be unbiased in their opinions? Or that they will be glad to see Chris getting to accomplish something this significant or look forward to seeing an interesting story told? No, they just want to see their favorite cute boy so they have fresh fapping material. So fuck 'em.

Chris, bb.... write what you need to write. Tell me a good story, something that has been so badly missing for the past two seasons. And if you decide to give Kurt a solo, more power to you.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/20/2014, 9:37 pm

Ha, I have no doubt if Glee let Darren sing one  of his own songs , or have it sung by someone, they would change their tunes in a second.  It still may happen.

Hypocrites indeed.

It's amazing how they talk about others "hatred" and yet crap on Chris 24/7.

I am thrilled for Chris and it's a big feather in his cap to pen an episode. Only 8 more to go! banzai 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/20/2014, 9:45 pm

I am finding it hilarious how the Blarren stans are coming up with reasons why Blaine would get into Nyada and it all refers to Darren.  Razz 

Blaine is a fictional character, this is meant to have nothing to do with Darren.

This just goes to show how Blaine is Darren if they come up with this.

Blaine is going to Nyada because the writers do not want to write a separate storyline for Darren to play. It is easy for them to stick Blaine at Nyada and have him interact with Kurt and Rachel.

Sam is getting the modelling story, that might result in Kurt getting him a job at Vogue.com as Chris has mentioned Kurt is still there. Artie the film school. Mercedes music career, Kurt has several stories.

But are there any signs what Blaine is doing?

All there is Blam and Klaine for him.

And Santana sounds like she is getting stories, but again nothing for Blaine.

Blaine has no arc, as of now, except for the ups and downs with Klaine.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 3/20/2014, 9:48 pm

ColferInspired wrote:I am finding it hilarious how the Blarren stans are coming up with reasons why Blaine would get into Nyada and it all refers to Darren.  Razz 

Blaine is a fictional character, this is meant to have nothing to do with Darren.

Blaine is going to Nyada because the writers do not want to write a separate storyline for Darren to play. It is easy for them to stick Blaine at Nyada and have him interact with Kurt and Rachel.

Sam is getting the modelling story, that might result in Kurt getting him a job at Vogue.com as Chris has mentioned Kurt is still there. Artie the film school. Mercedes music career, Kurt has several stories.

That's because Blarren can't carry a story on his own. He has proven to be a very limited actor and it's painful to watch him try to emote. He's just isn't capable.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/20/2014, 10:01 pm

bayth wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:I am finding it hilarious how the Blarren stans are coming up with reasons why Blaine would get into Nyada and it all refers to Darren.  Razz 

That's because Blarren can't carry a story on his own.  He has proven to be a very limited actor and it's painful to watch him try to emote.  He's just isn't capable.

That is why they are probably going to stick him in others storylines for somewhere to put him, but the others do the heavy lifting.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/20/2014, 10:10 pm

Glorfindel wrote:If I read one more post (on tumblr and such) of a Blarrenstan stating that Chris being asked to write an episode of Glee is only a publicity stunt of RIB and not related to Chris' talent as a writer, or that Chris will probably be unprofessional and write whatever he wants to get rid of B(K)laine, and that it better be an AU episode so Chris won't "mess up" the characters, or that actors should never write an episode of the show they're in themselves, , etc....................
..................................................I'm gonna  antifana 

Really?  ijuta 
As if when it had been Darren who was asked to write an episode of Glee they wouldn't cheer and brag about it? I'm pretty sure they would not say that actors should not write for the show they are in.
JFC.   rentine

But, Marie, it will all be good if Chris AND Darren get to choose the songs. Yes, as Marie (and probably many of you ) saw on tumblr, in response to the news of Chris writing the episode. Just once, I wish Chris could have his moment without them turning it around to include Darren.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/20/2014, 10:26 pm

And they always talk like he is this big singer/songwriter.

If so why is getting someone to write most of his songs for his album, someone who is not even a big name?

If he was this great singer/songwriter, wouldn't his record company be eager to use his songs on the album, or finding some big name song writers?

If he doesn't have an album coming out this year or before Glee ends, will the record company still want to do his album, or will they drop him?

Would the record company still profit doing the album once Glee is finished?

Some say Darren will have this huge successful music career, but can we really see that happening right now?

And unfortunately the same goes for Naya, but I can see more acting in her future.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/20/2014, 10:31 pm

Let's be honest... Darren already put out an EP before he joined Glee. If he was so wonderful it would have sold gangbusters and he would have gotten a recording contract as a result. But it didn't sell so great and the only reason Darren is even getting a chance to put out an album is because of Glee (and there's no word on when/if the album will ever be released). As a songwriter he is positively average, and pretty much anyone can put out an EP if they really want to. Hell, my brother's band put out an EP.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/20/2014, 10:56 pm

Ranwing wrote:Let's be honest... Darren already put out an EP before he joined Glee. If he was so wonderful it would have sold gangbusters and he would have gotten a recording contract as a result. But it didn't sell so great and the only reason Darren is even getting a chance to put out an album is because of Glee (and there's no word on when/if the album will ever be released). As a songwriter he is positively average, and pretty much anyone can put out an EP if they really want to. Hell, my brother's band put out an EP.

Excellent point.

Honestly, Darren can do whatever he wants with his music. I wish him success with it because I am a decent person, and I always hope that people are able to do something to support themselves. But one thing is for certain--I won't be buying his songs or going to his concerts or watching his appearances on TV because I don't enjoy his singing (though I did at one time--Silly Love Songs and Somewhere Only We Know used to be two of my favorite non-Chris songs, but now I can't stomach listening to them at all), and I don't enjoy his acting.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/21/2014, 5:26 am

I have to object here about Darren's EP. I thought that in it's genre it is quite good. Not saying that there is anything special to distinquish it from other young men with guitar and a mellow sound to their songs, but as far as those five songs go it was OK, or actually very good.

I do see him getting some sort of success in singing if he sticks to the songs he's good at. And writes them himself. And keeps a focus while performing them. I've heard that he does not always concentrate properly when it comes to his live performances which can lead to all kinds of rumours and discontentment with fans. Espcially amongst the type of demanding fans he seems to cater for. But that is a whole other subject.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/21/2014, 7:39 pm

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 12 Tumblr_n2t505I6401qds4jwo1_500
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/21/2014, 7:57 pm

WOW  Shocked , if that his real account, I tremble at that sheer intelligence.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 3/21/2014, 8:42 pm

I'm not particularly keen on Darren but no harm, no foul here, imo. In fact, this post from a girl I'm friendly with, to the anon question "do you not think Darren was being an asshole about Chris" sums up my feelings perfectly:

Colferchris wrote:not at all. i thought he was taking a tinhatter’s desperate attempts at prying something quotable out of him and flicking them off a rooftop with a smile. he made a joke, a completely corny and harmless one that i feel certain chris himself would have chuckled at, and he prevented a crisscolfer riot in the process — again, something i know Chris would be glad for.

sure he could have “not answered at all” but I think it’s safe to say he’s past his breaking point of dealing with these kids too, and in my opinion the joke was 100% at the crisscolfer fans’ expense and not at Chris’s whatsoever.

i mean it was quite literally a “dad joke” that happened to also serve to shut down a hoard of CCers, it was a win for me.

I’m not always Darren’s #1 fan and I dont go out on a limb to defend him, especially if I genuinely feel Chris is somehow being dragged down in the process, which has happened in the past. But frankly seeing people take his joke as some sort of personal shingeki no colfer is upsetting to me because Chris stans have a rep of hating on Darren for no legitimate reason, and in this particular instance the guy was completely on “our side.” twisting it out of context and proportion just makes that rep look deserved and any legitimate criticism will just be shut down and waved off as the same irrational bias. like I can barely have a totally objective, educated discussion on his singing voice without being told I’m just looking for reasons to dislike him/Blaine despite that I’ve held the same opinion about his singing since I was a proud starkid lol

not to mention he absolutely threw undeniable shade at Blaine like 10 minutes before that, which I would think would be counterproductive to his “make me look like the most awesome member of klaine no matter how bad it makes Chris look” scheme
x
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/21/2014, 8:55 pm

Honestly, I think Darren was trying to be funny, and it fell flat. I don't think he was doing it to avoid a CC riot (because honestly, Darren seems to enjoy that because it makes him relevant). It reminded me of the tweet he made to a fan who asked him why he didn't tweet Chris happy birthday "threw" twitter.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 3/21/2014, 9:06 pm

Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/21/2014, 9:10 pm

The thing is the fandom is a powder keg ready to explode, so some Chris are angry about this, because K(B)lainers are making threats against Chris if he splits up Klaine, and I guess they don't see the funny side about it, which I did, though really it wasn't that funny, just silly.

They are even tweeting threats to poor Chris if he splits up Klaine.

And one made a threat towards Will that luckily wasn't a tweet.  :angry: 

Darren is pissing off a lot of stans today, and I respect him for it, this time around.

He put this, that is getting a lot of Blaine stans angry.  Razz 

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 12 Tumblr_n2t51fsAdH1qds4jwo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 3/21/2014, 9:29 pm

Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/21/2014, 9:32 pm

i get it was a joke. it was a very flat one.  that didn't translate well at all. but whateva.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/21/2014, 10:24 pm

^Yes. It was just a stupid joke that didn't go over too well.

Maybe it would have been better not to answer that question at all (because it was obvious from a crisscolfer) but Darren probably thought the word joke he saw in the tweet would be funny when he would point it out.

Sometimes a bad joke is just that: a bad joke.  saispa 

Although I must say that if the roles had been reversed, and Chris had made that joke (with Darren's name of course) then he would have gotten countless of hate-tweets from Klainers/crisscolfers again, and that is a sad and maddening thought.
But Darren is not to blame for that: some of his fans are.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/22/2014, 1:27 am

Glorfindel:  Although I must say that if the roles had been reversed, and Chris had made that joke (with Darren's name of course) then he would have gotten countless of hate-tweets from Klainers/crisscolfers again, and that is a sad and maddening thought.

Don't you see the irony of reacting the same way?

Seriously, sometimes I think fandom should focus more on  Chris than other matters.  TBH, I think Chris if he read it, would love the joke.  I think it's something he would have posted.

I will go on  the record  that if Chris had said the same thing about Darren, "who's Darren Daily?" I think some fans would think he was clever or funny or cute snarky.    Hell, I've used a variation of the JOKE, it's called a play on words pun.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next