Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

+32
TimF
Sebastian Smythe
Lottie2303
sjonnepon
M&M
Ireth
Delight
Ranwing
SippyCupofLuv
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
bayth
Kurt addict
angelnessa
tanita_mors
sheny
JamieRulz
coxfire
opals
ChrisColferFan1
AnneNeville
Porcelain
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
brisallie
Glorfindel
YaoiChick
ChrisColfersLightning
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
fantastica
36 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 13 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  Ireth 3/22/2014, 4:38 am

Buenos wrote:
Glorfindel:  Although I must say that if the roles had been reversed, and Chris had made that joke (with Darren's name of course) then he would have gotten countless of hate-tweets from Klainers/crisscolfers again, and that is a sad and maddening thought.

Don't you see the irony of reacting the same way?

Seriously, sometimes I think fandom should focus more on  Chris than other matters.  TBH, I think Chris if he read it, would love the joke.  I think it's something he would have posted.

I will go on  the record  that if Chris had said the same thing about Darren, "who's Darren Daily?" I think some fans would think he was clever or funny or cute snarky.    Hell, I've used a variation of the JOKE, it's called a play on words pun.

I agree with you. I found nothing objectionable about what Darren said, and don't think it was a bad joke either. If Chris had said the same thing, I would have found it funny. The only reason I'm indifferent to it now is because I'm not a Darren fan.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 13 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  Glorfindel 3/22/2014, 10:21 am

Buenos wrote:Don't you see the irony of reacting the same way?

Seriously, sometimes I think fandom should focus more on  Chris than other matters.  TBH, I think Chris if he read it, would love the joke.  I think it's something he would have posted.

I will go on  the record  that if Chris had said the same thing about Darren, "who's Darren Daily?" I think some fans would think he was clever or funny or cute snarky.    Hell, I've used a variation of the JOKE, it's called a play on words pun.
TBH: I don't think Chris would make that same joke, because it's too lame.  Razz
But yes, I think that's definitely true. I'm not excusing our own fandom here: I personally think some people overreacted to this. Each fandom has its myrade of different people each interpreting and reacting to something a different way.  saispa 

The only difference I would like to make here is that it seldom happens that Darren gets direct hate sent to him by our fandom in cases like this (the grumbling usually stays on tumblr, twitter or forums), while Chris gets hate and indignant tweets for something he said, no matter how innocent or jokingly, All. The. Damn. Time.  :angry:

Not even mentioning that the grumbling on tumblr over things like this does not get posted and tagged in the Darren Criss tag, while we see people (who say they are a fan of Chris: "I love Chris, but.......") dissing on Chris in his own tag practically every day.

And of course that's also not to be blamed on the entire K(B)laine fandom. Just saying.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 3/22/2014, 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/22/2014, 10:26 am

Eh... it was a lame joke that went over like a lead pancake. Stupid and childish but... that's Darren for you. Wasn't enough to warrant me putting on my Outraged Chris Stan hat.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/22/2014, 6:26 pm

I don't think we are reacting the same way the blarren fandom is by discussing it here. We aren't attacking Darren with tweets and saying he hates Chris because if what he said. Some of us here just find it lame joke some don't.

If Chris had made that joke about Darren, he would have been bombarded with tweets about it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/22/2014, 6:34 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I don't think we are reacting the same way the blarren fandom is by discussing it here.  We aren't attacking Darren with tweets and saying he hates Chris because if what he said.  Some of us here just find it lame joke some don't.

If Chris had made that joke about Darren, he would have been bombarded with tweets about it.

Fair enough, I don't want to censor anyone.  But I also want to express how I feel about it.  If I think it was a silly joke I want to express it.  Personally I've done cheezy jokes like that so that's why it struck a chord with me.  I actually thought it was funny in a corny way.

My friends and I used to even try to figure out how play on words we could do in normal conversation.  I understand it's hard but I try to separate actors from their fans, it keeps my sanity.

How or whether Chris gets bombarded with tweets for me is separate whether I thought Darren's joke was inappropriate or not.  I think if Amber or Chord or Lea did a variation of the joke I'd feel the same way.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/22/2014, 7:54 pm

i thought DC's tweet was fine. even if it was not very funny, at least it's a smart way to avoid answering the question.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/22/2014, 9:24 pm

I also think what Darren said was a silly and kinda boring joke. I'm sorry but lately I feel the fandom is reacting too much about what he says about Chris, and though sometimes darrens tries too hard to get attention, other times I think he simply don't think his words and there's not actually bad intention behind it. But I know what this come from, we have seen as the fandom , well klainers, react differently when it comes to Chris and Darren, and some might think they wouldn't have reacted so nicely if Chris would have said "Who's Darren Daily".
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/23/2014, 12:49 pm

Paris Barclay, whom I normally really like, was just honored by the HRC. Darren presented the award. Here is what Paris said about Darren:

“…There’s also Glee. And Darren, thank you so much for being that straight guy on Glee who represents everybody, and doesn’t feel bad about kissing, and comes to HRC, and loves everybody equally. You are an amazing example.”

What?!? I can't even!!!  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad 

M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/23/2014, 1:13 pm

^I have been raging about this (inbetween flailing over the new songs) for an hour now. 
 rentine  ijuta  brikwol 

Paris really should know better, JFC.
The last thing we need is more straight ally ass kissing.  :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/23/2014, 1:20 pm

That is just ally worshipping. But it must be terrible to be a straight man forced to kiss a gay man as Chris on TV. I just don't get what is so brave about playing a gay man?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/23/2014, 1:29 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^I have been raging about this (inbetween flailing over the new songs) for an hour now. 
 rentine  ijuta  brikwol 

Paris really should know better, JFC.
The last thing we need is more straight ally ass kissing.  :angry:

Not to mention the fact that Darren fans will eat this up and continue to pat themselves on the back for being willing to support Klaine. UGH!
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/23/2014, 2:06 pm

I'm really surprised at Paris ' the straight guy that represents everyone'?

The whole point of Glee is that the straight, gay, bi, transgender person represents everyone.

As a Black man, I would guess Paris would never dare give special credit to a white person person willing to kiss a Black person, would he?  It would be very offensive on so many levels and yet that is what he did per Gays.

I give him the BOD he was just babbling and excited  but still very very awkward.

When perceived "straight" actors win awards and accolades for playing gay roles it's amazing how much back slapping they still get for being "brave" and allies when it's actually career enhancing for them personally.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/23/2014, 2:23 pm

"straight guy that represents everyone" because DC is straight but very effeminate. I guess that's what he meant. however, this statement is so grating, and that kissing gay part is even more offensive. it makes it sounds gross to kiss a gay man, as if it takes so much courage and sacrifice to do that. really? they are all actors. they play pretends and they get paid millions for doing their job. they have to kiss people they have no romantic feelings toward - men, women, gay, straight, or even a toad if it's required by script. would kissing a straight actor a better deal for DC? why do they have to reinforce the social prejudice that gay men are second class citizens, like they are some dirty, unworthy creatures who should be eternally grateful if a straight man dared to kiss them?  Evil or Very Mad whatever respect i had for this guy is totally out the window.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/23/2014, 4:54 pm

M&M wrote:Paris Barclay, whom I normally really like, was just honored by the HRC. Darren presented the award. Here is what Paris said about Darren:

“…There’s also Glee. And Darren, thank you so much for being that straight guy on Glee who represents everybody, and doesn’t feel bad about kissing, and comes to HRC, and loves everybody equally. You are an amazing example.”

What?!? I can't even!!!  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad 

Doesn't feel bad about kissing?  dryy This makes me feel so upset. And not I'm not only referring how 'difficult' it must be for darren to kiss chris ( have anyone thought how it must be for chris?), but why the straight guys are usually comforted or asked how complicated is kissing another boy?

Last edited by brisallie on 3/23/2014, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 3/23/2014, 7:30 pm

brisallie wrote:
M&M wrote:Paris Barclay, whom I normally really like, was just honored by the HRC. Darren presented the award. Here is what Paris said about Darren:

Doesn't feel bad about kissing?  dryy This makes me feel so upset. And not I'm not only referring how 'difficult' it must be for darren to kiss chris ( have anyone though how it must be for chris?), but why the straight guys are usually comforted or asked how complicated is kissing another boy?

Thank you! I was talking about that on Tumblr! Chris is gay, he obviously dealt with homophobia all his life for being 'obvious gay' and must have heard time and time again the prejudice gay sex jokes, and Darren is straight and being paid a lot to kiss him, like you know how scary it was for Chris to kiss a straight guy while wondering if he is making Darren uncomfortable or awkward? Or wonder if Darren is disgusted by kissing him that first time or any time?

Like it is a lot of pressure on Chris to pull off intimate scenes in Klaine with Darren, not only do he have fapping klainers to gush over it, he has crazy CC shippers to worry about and the media and homophobes and even Mia, Darren's gf cause who says she might be there while filming and she might hold a resentment or discomfort with Chris because of Crisscolfer shippers? (Not putting words in her mouth, just guessing)

Chris has to deal with the weight of not making Darren feel grossed out, uncomfortable, or awkward plus make it look convincing like he is under so much pressure! Gay people do not feel 100% comfortable with kissing random straight people either, if anything it is more scary as an gay actor (In my opinion) to kiss a straight one because you know that guy is a gay for pay and most likely is uncomfortable and or hesitant to kiss you, even for a scene and they get paid.

Being a gay actor and kissing another gay actor is like straight actors kissing other straight actors while acting in my opinion. Both people know it is for a job, but they also know the person they are kissing or doing intimate scenes with at least is ok with their sexuality, actually prefer their sexuality, so no, Darren do not have the major pressure. He goty rejected by Glee 3 times, he went after the role to play a gay character for his 'last but not least' attempt to be famous! He knew he was gonna play a gay role, so no he gets no applause!
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/23/2014, 7:45 pm

darren grew up in San Fran amongst the music theater folks and he is probably more "gay" than many gay people themselves. it sure wouldn't bother him to kiss another gay actor or a straight actor or a woman or a cat. that director is just ass-kissing him by throwing him all the praises that he doesn't need/deserve.

the only circumstances in which a straight actor playing a gay actor can be considered "brave" is if
(a) it's actually a crime to play a gay man, or
(b) if the person he was about to kiss is a known HIV patient or having some other contageous diseases, or
(c) any actor playing gay man will definitely lose job opportunity in all future projects.

we know none of these are true. so what did DC has to lose? hollywood is hard on gay actors, but not on straight actors who play gay characters. i never understood this "brave" thing. what were they afraid of?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/23/2014, 8:01 pm

To add more, also I've read these stupid comments that a gay actor could develop some attraction toward his male opposite. What I don't think is real, only because being gay it doesn't mean Chris will feel attracted to all the boys he works with. The same goes for straight people. You know, I try to not be unfair with straight actors, but I insist, why it would be harder for them to kiss another boy?

And I'm sorry to add more insult to injury, but also I was thinking that if Chris ever play an straight role, he would be judged by everyone if he pass as straight or not.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/23/2014, 8:10 pm

What Paris said makes me feel sick and angry.  :angry: 

I thought he was Chris's friend?

This is just beyond disgusting and is saying Gay's are second class citizens, in saying Chris is, that Darren is making the sacrifice.

How can someone who had their arms around Chris in photo's and acted like he was a friend, say something like this?

This is so upsetting.  :(
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/23/2014, 8:23 pm

brisallie wrote:I've read these stupid comments that a gay actor could develop some attraction toward his male opposite.

this logic is totally invalid, as if a straight actor kissing a straight actress there wouldn't be any chance of EITHER of them being attracted to the other? shouldn't they run away from heterosexual kissing even more? and what about sex scenes in which both partners are naked in bed? shouldn't they be called "brave"? no because it's part of their job and heterosexual sex scenes are common place. so how come kissing a gay man is such a big deal? the only way it can be such a big deal is if one thinks gay men are disgusting and sub-human and kissing them would be like swallowing a bag of worms because THAT does take courage. if DC made a "sacrifice" to play a gay man and kiss a gay actor, what did he sacrifice? he got both fame and fortune because of that. so what did he actually lose?

ok i will stop. the more i think about the more angry i get. time to go to the gym to punch some imaginary assholes!

Last edited by fantastica on 3/23/2014, 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/23/2014, 8:26 pm

brisallie wrote:To add more, also I've read these stupid comments that a gay actor could develop some attraction toward his male opposite. What I don't think is real, only because being gay it doesn't mean  Chris will feel attracted to all the boys he works with. The same goes for straight people. You know, I try to not be unfair with straight actors, but I insist, why it would be harder for them to kiss another boy?

And I'm sorry  to add more insult to injury, but also I was thinking that if Chris ever play an straight role, he would be judged by everyone if he pass as straight or not.

This is exactly what Dan Rad was getting at when he was interviewed for Kill The Darlings, when they asked him what it was like playing gay, he didn't answer but said no-one asks a gay actor what it is like to play straight, which is so damn true.

Chris is an actor and could play a straight role without any trouble as I am sure lots in the industry believe that. I don't know if he would be judged or not because Playbill have talked about Chris doing straight roles. Some in the media suggested he do rom-com at one time where Chris was not interested.

A lot of people that didn't watch Glee thought Hummelberry were a couple just from that scene in episode 22 Season with them on the bed together. 
I hope Chris un-friends this asshole.  antifana
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/23/2014, 8:31 pm

Couldn't Paris came up with a different speech? If he wanted to praise Darren he could have said something about his character, something like how he has been an influence for some people (though I'm not personally agree with it, or simply I don't feel identify with blaine).

On the surface it seems that Chris and Paris get along well, so if there's actually a friendship, if I were Chris I'd tell him what I feel for what he said.

@ColferInspired, Dan Radcliffe said that? I think I love him more now Smile

Last edited by brisallie on 3/23/2014, 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/23/2014, 8:34 pm

^ he could have said that DC is a great guy and praise his character and personality and work ethics and thank his friendship or whatever. instead he had to insult the whole gay community (especially gay actors) and reinforce and stigma that hollywood has against gays. total ass!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/23/2014, 9:36 pm

brisallie wrote:Couldn't Paris came up with a different speech? If he wanted to praise Darren he could have said something about his character, something like how he has been an influence for some people (though I'm not personally agree with it, or simply I don't feel identify with blaine).

On the surface it seems that Chris and Paris get along well, so if there's actually a friendship, if I were Chris I'd tell him what I feel for what he said.

@ColferInspired, Dan Radcliffe said that? I think I love him more now Smile

The Dan Rad quote has been up on tumblr for weeks, but today I cannot find it.

I think it is the smartest comment from a straight actor I have ever seen, because it is so accurate.

When will a gay actor be asked what it is like to play straight?

I would say never.  :angry:
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 3/23/2014, 9:42 pm

“You never see a gay actor getting asked what it’s like to play straight — to my knowledge, at least, there is no difference in how heterosexual and homosexual people fall in love.”
— Daniel Radcliffe when asked what it’s like to play a gay character in his latest film “Kill Your Darlings”

source
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/23/2014, 10:03 pm

bayth wrote:
“You never see a gay actor getting asked what it’s like to play straight — to my knowledge, at least, there is no difference in how heterosexual and homosexual people fall in love.”
— Daniel Radcliffe when asked what it’s like to play a gay character in his latest film “Kill Your Darlings”

source

Thanks.

@ColferInspired, I agree is the smartest thing an straight actor have said, and it saddens me that some people believe Daniel might be gay as he commented this. What? So an straight actor can't say something like this?

@Kim, exactly! He could have talked about darren as a person, actor, without insulting the gay community.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next