Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

+27
TimF
coxfire
Piciollina
awesomenessthatischriscol
MoviesAreLife
YaoiChick
opals
mindschemez
AnneNeville
Georgette888
bayth
Porcelain
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
ChrisColfersLightning
Divalicious
Ireth
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
fantastica
Glorfindel
Ranwing
sheny
ColferInspired
brisallie
Buenos
31 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 26 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  Glorfindel 2/26/2014, 5:48 pm

tanita_mors wrote:personally, i can't stop looking at his incredibly greased up hair. it's like staring at a king cobra, hypnotizing me. (not that i would ever be staring at a cobra or any snake, as i have a pretty sever case of ophidiophobia aka fear of snakes)
I think you just found the antidote to this strange Blarren virus we have going on here.  Razz 

YaoiChick wrote:
Buenos wrote:FUCK.

Just fuck this show.

Because any Kurt pain has to be show onscreen.

Why's it always Kurt  :( ? Chris is a great actor and I know he'll rock those scenes, and I'm happy he gets to really show his talent, but why is Kurt always getting hurt?
Let's see, so far we had:
- Kurt mom dying when he was a kid.
- Kurt being bullied for years in high school: thrown into dumpsters, getting beaten up, pushed against lockers, slushies in the face, pee balloons, lawn furniture nailed to the roof, anonymous phonecalls, etc.
- His father almost dying of a heartattack.
- The whole Karofsky thing, including sexual assault and a death threat.
- Blaine sexually assaulting him (yes, I'm counting that one too).
- The whole effemiphobia mess at McKinley.
- Sebastian calling him 'gay face' and trying to steal his bf.
- Not getting into NYADA while miss Rachel 'stalker' Berry did.
- Blaine cheating on him.
- Dirty Santa tying him up and robbing him (even though it was clearly played for comedy, sadly this counts too, especially with this bashing coming up).
- His father getting convenience cancer.
- His step brother dying.
- And now being brutally beaten and left in an alley.

Did I miss anything?  dryy
Jeez, how did Kurt not need a shrink on a weekly basis for the past few years?  Shocked 

Ranwing wrote:Still not gonna lie - am looking foward to seeing Chris act the living fuck out of that scene because he is going to rock it like there's no tomorrow. It's going to totally suck for us because we love Kurt, but I and thrilled that he's getting this kind of dark, heavy scene. I want my heart to be in my throat the entire time.

I want Chris to get another Emmy nomination and this just might get it for him. He deserves and and I'm glad that he's going to be the one to carry this storyline and not Blaine (so I don't have to sit through endless posts about poor widdle Blainers getting all beat up).
Yeah, this too.  unsure 

As I wrote elsewhere:
I must say I'm torn about this.
On the one hand I fear Glee handling storylines like this, and I think Kurt has been traumatized enough. (And even though the Santa robbing was meant as comedy it's now canon that Kurt will have had that violent experience as well, on top of everything else.) Seeing him bruised and cut like that literally made my stomach turn when I saw the pics for the first time.
On the other hand I agree with Wendy that seeing my favorite character covered with bruises because he tried to help someone is also..... exciting, by the lack of a better word, and we know this is candy for Chris to act out. So in a strange way I'm also interested in seeing Chris in a storyline that will bring out his best work.

It will probably turn out like most of Glee's storylines involving Kurt (and NY in general) nowadays: the writing and execution will be bad, but Chris' acting will be stellar and worth watching.   saispa

Last edited by Glorfindel on 2/26/2014, 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 26 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  YaoiChick 2/26/2014, 5:48 pm

Ranwing wrote:Still not gonna lie - am looking foward to seeing Chris act the living fuck out of that scene because he is going to rock it like there's no tomorrow. It's going to totally suck for us because we love Kurt, but I and thrilled that he's getting this kind of dark, heavy scene. I want my heart to be in my throat the entire time.

I want Chris to get another Emmy nomination and this just might get it for him. He deserves and and I'm glad that he's going to be the one to carry this storyline and not Blaine (so I don't have to sit through endless posts about poor widdle Blainers getting all beat up).

I agree with that and normally I like when my favorites get the dramatic/dark scenes. Idk, guess its because Kurt rarely gets good things to level it out  saispa 

I would love to see Chris get an Emmy and its true that I don't think there are many others on the cast who can carry a story like this. If Blaine had it then it would end up being a joke and not the serious story it's supposed to be  dryy 
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/26/2014, 6:03 pm

YaoiChick wrote:

I agree with that and normally I like when my favorites get the dramatic/dark scenes. Idk, guess its because Kurt rarely gets good things to level it out  saispa 

I would love to see Chris get an Emmy and its true that I don't think there are many others on the cast who can carry a story like this. If Blaine had it then it would end up being a joke and not the serious story it's supposed to be  dryy 

This is exactly why if the show has to do a story like this, that Chris has to be the actor to do it. He can give the proper gravity to the scene and not turn it into a joke (the way Darren turned Big Brother into). And if the writing isn't perfect, Chris is strong and intuative enough to help make up for the deficit.

What makes this bearable for me is that Kurt isn't the targeted victim. He gets hurt because he tries to help someone else who is in danger. That makes him a Big Damn Hero in my book. And I hope that he will be acknowledged as such, even if in the end he wasn't able to help the victim.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 2/26/2014, 6:06 pm

Shows have a window when they are on the award commitees' radars. Glee is way, way beyond that time. Once we got past S3 with no proper arcs for Chris to play in an ep, his chances were done for Kurt Hummel.F uck Glee for that.

Last edited by Georgette888 on 2/26/2014, 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/26/2014, 6:08 pm

I'm also torn by this coming scene, as for one side I'm sure Chris will be able to pull out such a dramatic scene, but once again it gives me the impression he has to deal with something horrible, as if he weren't allowed to have happy moments. Also, I don't want Glee to do these kind of plot just because they believe they need to send a social message, I want a well developed storyline.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/26/2014, 6:08 pm

Oh Ranwing,

Of course Chris/Kurt is going to nail it. I don't doubt his skills it's the execution of the SL.

For example, He nailed the Karofsky suicide; but I've noticed that most SL's he's been used in the last couple of years really don't highlight his character or his POV.

Hard to explain.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 2/26/2014, 6:16 pm

brisallie wrote:I'm also torn by this coming scene, as for one side I'm sure Chris will be able to pull out such a dramatic scene, but once again it gives me the impression he has to deal with something horrible, as if he weren't allowed to have happy moments. Also, I don't want Glee to do these kind of plot just because they believe they need to send a social message, I want a well developed storyline.

Agreed.
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/26/2014, 6:46 pm

Buenos wrote:Oh Ranwing,

Of course Chris/Kurt is going to nail it.  I don't doubt his skills it's the execution of the SL.  

For example, He nailed the Karofsky suicide; but I've noticed that most SL's he's been used in the last couple of years really don't highlight his character or his POV.

Hard to explain.
I think I get what you mean.
Kurt has been mostly used as a prop for a storyline or another character the past seasons, even when he supposedly had the main focus/role in that particular storyline.

Like Tony and the WSS auditions, the Class President election, Karofsky's suicide attempt, the NYADA applications and auditions, Vogue, Midnight Madness, the proposal (which was more about the gay marriage statement and Blaine than Kurt), even in a way the Quarterback.

And this storyline can also turn out to be about Kurt getting bashed while trying to save someone, but the social importance/message being the main 'character' as it were, as the drive behind doing the storyline in the first place is not giving Kurt a storyline but to deliver that damn PSA.

Right?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/26/2014, 7:06 pm

Glorfindel wrote:And this storyline can also turn out to be about Kurt getting bashed while trying to save someone, but the social importance/message being the main 'character' as it were, as the drive behind doing the storyline in the first place is not giving Kurt a storyline but to deliver that damn PSA.

Right?

Exactly, Glorfindel.  You get it.

I felt that about the Karofsky suicide also.  

It's  not so much that everything has to revolve around Kurt but for once I'd like a good story focused on him that highlights his acting strengths fully  and his  POV as a character  instead of using him as  someone to prop a PSA or some else's storyline.

It's almost as if the show takes for granted that Chris is such a good actor that they don't bother to highlight him the way they do even Jane or Dot when they want to give them focus.  

The last time they used Kurt fully highlighting him in a SL was all the way back in S2 "Grilled Cheezus".  Kurt certainly wasn't placed in a completely positive light in that episode, he was  in turns  petulant, angry and almost defiant in his beliefs but it was great character development.   He had a killer song "IWTHYH" that propelled what his character was at and the SL wasn't really about GOD or religion, it was more the personal journey of Kurt which actually gave the message more punch than any PSA.

I doubt that Glee is capable of doing a SL like that for Kurt anymore. He rarely gets a beginning, middle and end in a storyline. It's bizarre that none of the writers care enough about highlighting him anymore, it's almost an across the board apathy to arguably their strongest actor.  Shocked 

Last edited by Buenos on 2/26/2014, 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 26 Empty beautiful

Post  Kurt addict 2/26/2014, 7:09 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 26 Tumblr_n1m5c0uNFZ1qe476yo1_500

even battered and bruised his beauty shines out, and can i just say i love the way he's dressed just flawless this outfit and the other one we have seen, but i so want this jacket!
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/26/2014, 7:11 pm

Its uncanny how well he wears clothes: I've said it before, he wears clothes, they never wear him.

Other actors look uncomfortable or in costumes, Kurt just looks confident and flawless.

Maybe it's my stan goggles, but when sites show the models on the runway wearing a "Kurt" outfit, most of the time I think Chris wears it better.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/26/2014, 7:23 pm

Going back to what I said earlier, it speaks volumes that alone of all the characters left, he hasn't had a single solo all season. Not one after 14 episodes.

In hypothetical forums they dismiss that as just wanting songs for your fave, but it's indicative of a bigger problem, that Kurt acting and singing to propel his character's POV doesn't rate. Kurt in love doesn't rate a solo. Kurt in angst doesn't rate a solo. Kurt in career mode doesn't rate a solo.

I try to be positive about Glee, I really do, but I'm not blind to the way the show misuses one of their biggest assets. It's just that I don't want to go crazy... coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/26/2014, 7:31 pm

Chris always looks good.  He is one of those chosen few that can't seem to look bad.  When he cries, beautiful.  When he's happy, beautiful.  When he is pensive and bruised, beautiful.  You just know he is special.  Apparently the clothes know it too, because when they are on Chris/Kurt it is all like "we hit the jackpot, guys, look who we are on!!  Let's look especially good and not mess up this opportunity." Laughing 

When future entertainment analysts go back and try to dissect why Glee went from groundbreaking to boring, they will target it down to losing Kurt Hummel as the view of the audience.  He had real trials to overcome, and a few resounding successes, so when things happen to Kurt, you care.  Bringing in perfect people with made up problems, and taking away any possibility of Rachel failing on top of that took every drop of anxiety and caring you might have for characters.  It's just the long road of successes and the attempt to top each one until they are so unrealistic it becomes not amusing, but just plain stupid.  Not hating on Rachel in particular, just the whole attitude of the idea of her being impervious to failure, like Blaine.  The only failures they get, are ones they make.  Like Rachel allowing competition to override everything else in their lives, and Blaine being jealous and clingy.  They make me tired.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/26/2014, 7:47 pm

From more spoilers Russ is not the one attacked in the alley way, when Kurt goes to help, the guy escapes, leaving Kurt with the two muggers. One runs off, while Kurt wrestles with the other one, where Kurt ends up beaten, he gets hit on the head and left in the alley while the muggers run off, and the two muggers speed off in their car.

The Russ memorial is old.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/26/2014, 7:59 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:Me either.   But if Jellyrolls  does  every catch  Blarren fever  become  Blaine stan, I will be done with this board.

Trust me. That will not happen.

Buenos wrote:I dont' want to spread vicious rumors, but I hear she has "cough syrup" as her screen saver and ringtone on her phone... phr34r  

Hell no. Right now, I have Seasons of Love as my ringtone, and Cinderella's castle as my screensaver Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/26/2014, 8:02 pm

http://gleekto.tumblr.com/post/77944269326

Scene Order for the 5.15 scenes filmed Yesterday

Because so many people are understandably feeling triggered by the content of ‘Bash’ (whether you feel ‘good’ about the ep or not, the content is obviously triggering), and I know a few people were feeling very triggered by the idea that Kurt witnesses and gets involved in an attack that ends up being a murder (memorial), I did ask Gi if she would be willing to let me know the scene order of the filming scenes from yesterday.

I actually thought there were enough spoilers out there to piece this together, but there were competing theories, so for the record, here you go:

1. Candlelight vigil for ‘Russ’ where ‘No One Is Alone’ is performed (Kurt, Blaine, Rachel, Sam).

2. Kurt sees man getting beaten up. We’ve all seen the scene - he intervenes and gets injured.

3. Kurt and Blaine walk to the ‘faded’ memorial. Same site as the vigil (we can tell this from the pics).

So what this means is that the man Kurt witnesses being beaten is not Russ (this is just me guessing - but I mean, this is AFTER the vigil for Russ). We also know from the spoilers that the man Kurt ‘saves’ runs away.

I hope this information is useful to those who want to know what’s what to prepare themselves for the episode. And for those who were worried that the vigil was for the guy Kurt sees in the alley, it’s not.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/26/2014, 8:09 pm

So, this motivates Kurt to save someone else then gets injured in the process.

This is definitely a Kurt-centric episode.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/26/2014, 8:18 pm

Didn't someone say that they heard a homophobic slur yelled at Kurt, so instead if 1 hate crime both incidents are hate crimes?

It makes sense that Kurt has no visible injuries in one of those vigil scenes per the time table of events.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/26/2014, 8:44 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 26 Tumblr_n1mmqpOGh01qayexuo3_500

My poor baby.... :( :( :( :( 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/26/2014, 8:45 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 26 Tumblr_n1mmqpOGh01qayexuo1_400
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/26/2014, 9:00 pm

Buenos wrote:Didn't someone say that they heard a homophobic slur yelled at Kurt, so instead if 1 hate crime both incidents are hate crimes?

It makes sense that Kurt has no visible injuries in one of those vigil scenes per the time table of events.

Don't know.

All I am getting a guy is getting mugged, there is nothing about the guy getting beaten up.

One of the muggers gets away, Kurt wrestles with one gets beaten.

It is all like before.

I kind of think this Russ's death and him being gay might well up some anger in Kurt and effect him in such a way that he becomes reckless.

I am thinking when he hears the word "Faggot" he might be the one that attacks the mugger that says it, because afterwards he just throws Kurt to the ground and runs.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/26/2014, 9:03 pm

Buenos wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 26 Tumblr_n1mmqpOGh01qayexuo1_400

He looks so tired, poor thing.  :(
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/26/2014, 9:08 pm

ColferInspired wrote:

Emotionally spent is more like it. I can't imagine how difficult shooting these scenes were for him.

but at least they didn't take the ring
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/26/2014, 9:09 pm

Just to add, I hope he didn't go on twitter at all yesterday because I hate to think that he saw the hate from the Klainers yesterday when he was already spent from having filmed these scenes.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/26/2014, 9:13 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

Emotionally spent is more like it.  I can't imagine how difficult shooting these scenes were for him.  

but at least they didn't take the ring

And that was all the Klainers cared about.  :angry:

Chris was injured and some Klainer had to put in her tag how many days Blaine has been at McKinley and about Blaine going to New York, and this was underneath a pic she posted of Chris with the ice-pack.

So, Klainers do not care one iota about Chris.  antifana
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next